PDA

View Full Version : Blind Guardian 'A Voice In The Dark'

D4RKXPOW3R
06-13-2010, 03:22 PM
The new album is coming out in a few weeks, and this 41 second sound clip I found on youtube raises every hair on the back of my neck, its intense.
YouTube- Blind Guardian - A Voice in the Dark (Sample)

The song I am most hyped about, is called "Sacred World" and is a remake of the song they did for Sacred 2: Fallen Angel. The original is about 6 minutes long, but the new version is going to be 9 minutes...Here is the original:
YouTube- Blind Guardian - Sacred (lyrics)

ApochWeiss
06-14-2010, 09:10 AM
I didn't get a chance to check the samples out yet, I fully intend to shortly when I get home. I'm anxious to hear if they are going to continue with the sound they had on A Twist in the Myth, which wasn't all that great an album in my opinion, or if they are going to change things up again. I'd love to see them return to their more Thrash roots for one album, but I know that's not gonna happen anytime soon.

Sadly, Blind Guardian just isn't the same for me since they dropped writing material inspired by J.R.R. Tolkien. Nightfall on Middle Earth is, by far, my favorite release from this band.

Bearded Bugs
06-14-2010, 05:22 PM
Like Apoch said, Nightfall is their best release, but even that album never grabbed me like a lot of power metal does. They're one of my girlfriend's favourite bands, which is a little annoying as I don't rate them very highly and get bored of listening to them quickly, but I'll check out the new album nevertheless.

ApochWeiss
06-18-2010, 11:42 AM
Finally had a chance to check out the audio sample. It gave me an epic woody.