Unread Threads Not Staying Bold

exorr

I've noticed that many times when I go to a board and there are threads there I haven't read or replies to threads I haven't read they are not bolded as they should be. For example I checked out the GRAW2 board today for the first time in a few days and no threads where marked unread, even though there were many threads with new posts since the last time I was on the board.

Is this something that can be fixed?

exorr

it keeps things new from your last visit to the site, not from your last visit to specific threads or sections... so if you go into the gears section and not graw. it will only keep new threads since your last overall visit. i hope that makes sense.

also, there is a time factor on it as well. if you refresh New Posts and let it sit for too long they will become unbold even if they are new.

the system works pretty good. things stay bold for a set time. it could be longer maybe, but i think it is ok.

it keeps things new from your last visit to the site, not from your last visit to specific threads or sections... so if you go into the gears section and not graw. it will only keep new threads since your last overall visit. i hope that makes sense.

also, there is a time factor on it as well. if you refresh New Posts and let it sit for too long they will become unbold even if they are new.

the system works pretty good. things stay bold for a set time. it could be longer maybe, but i think it is ok.

Oh so very true i could not of put it better myself. Also what Darking said works a treat also. ;) ;) ;)

Is there any thought behind changing this? Maybe just for each user depending on their own personal interests (adding an option in their profile). Not to stir up a storm, but it really is frustrating not being able to see what really is new and what isn't. I can't login and check every single board each time. The fact that it marks everything on the whole site read even if all I've done it check one thread seems a bit off to me.

If I'm the only one that doesn't like it, I guess I'll have to deal though...:(

its not a bad suggestion... if it would be a simple "settings" option for each user to somehow customize.

but it might be a lot of work...

OK. It just seems odd that it's set the way it is by default. This is the first board I've ever been a member of that has it set this way.

Oh well.

Thanks,

exorr