PDA

View Full Version : Alien Prequel, Sequel Details

B1GM13
06-15-2010, 08:02 AM
Before the Alien (http://uk.movies.ign.com/objects/792/792789.html) prequel and its sequel hit theatres, we bring you some cool plot points from the man who first told us that, in space, no one can hear you scream: Ridley Scott (http://uk.stars.ign.com/objects/914/914115.html).

At The Los Angeles Times' recent Hero Complex Film Series, Scott was on hand for a Q & A after screening 1979's Alien. The director teased some cool details regarding the story of the Space Jockey.

The first prequel will focus on the Space Jockey and how it and its ship came into contact with the aliens. The second prequel will "go to where [the Space Jockey] came from", according to Scott.

As for who, or what, the Space Jockey is? Scott says: "I think beneath that carcass...it's not a carcass, it's a suit. Inside the suit is a being." The Space Jockey is that very large man fossil that Dallas' away team found in some sort of chair thing in Alien, seemingly a victim of the alien chestburster.

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/109/1096987/space-jockey-alien-4_1276542699.jpg - Fox Home Entertainment
Dallas gets some face time with Ye Ol' Space Jockey.

The time frame of the prequel takes place way before that of Alien, and Scott will be exploring Zeta 2 Reticuli, the same system from Alien - an area of space that will play a key role in this chapter of the franchise.

The first script for the Alien prequel is written and Scott is in early pre-production on the film, which will be shot in 3D. The script status of the prequel's sequel was not confirmed at the Q & A as being complete, contrary to other reports.

So how will Scott take the Alien back to its scarier, less AVP roots? Easy: Keep it truthful.

"...I think the closer it is to the truth, the closer it is to the technological feasibility, then it becomes that much more interesting," Scott said. "And if it's a film like the one I'm going to do, then it becomes that much more frightening." (*Drops the mic*)

Ridley Scott's first reunion tour with the alien hopes to hit theatres in 2011.

Source - IGN.com

jtr1gg3r
06-15-2010, 08:13 AM
Awesome, sounds pretty cool, anything alien related is good in my book =D

Off topic - BIGM1E, where you been? I need my regular movie update! =P lol

T FUNK 1984
06-15-2010, 08:24 AM
This sounds pretty cool, Alien is one of my favourites so this is a must see for me. Not too sure about the 3D though but that seems to be the way the film industry is going....

B1GM13
06-15-2010, 10:07 AM
Awesome, sounds pretty cool, anything alien related is good in my book =D

Off topic - BIGM1E, where you been? I need my regular movie update! =P lol

heh i've been at Download festival since thursday,

got back yesterday, and now in work... which means posting news :p

jtr1gg3r
06-15-2010, 10:19 AM
heh i've been at Download festival since thursday,

got back yesterday, and now in work... which means posting news :p

oh right, fair play.

You must keep me updated now! =P

Purge
06-15-2010, 10:43 AM
Grr, I wanted to go to Download. I want to know who's going to be playing the lead role.

hodge
06-15-2010, 10:55 AM
I hope this alien film is a bit scarier than the others. I was expecting to jump quite alot with the others, but it never happened. Don't get me wrong though, they were great films

Nozza XBA
06-15-2010, 11:00 AM
I was looking forward to this until I read..

which will be shot in 3DMorons..

B1GM13
06-15-2010, 11:30 AM
oh right, fair play.

You must keep me updated now! =P

No Worries, will try my best ;)

Grr, I wanted to go to Download.

It Was awesome! Five Finger Death Punch had their set cut short due to people getting on the Stage.

Rage had to stop a song and calm the crowd down as some kids were getting crushed at the front.

and Slash... WOW... incredible!

I was looking forward to this until I read..

3D

Morons..

it's so true... 3d just ruins all

Iconoclast
06-15-2010, 02:03 PM
Like most, I was excited until I got to the bit about 3D. Why is everyone blowing their load over 3D these days? Certain movies can pull it off, but usually it just makes my eyes bleed.

Other than that, it sounds great. Just what Alien needs after that crappy AvP movie (and game, for that matter). As a prequel, I think it has even greater potential...I'm hoping the new Predator movie does the same thing and goes into the background of Predator instead of it just randomly appearing with no explanation; it's 2010 people, we aren't impressed by the over-use of CGI and special effects to compensate for the absence and complete lack of a storyline anymore (well, I suppose some people are, but I'm certainly not).

Death Metal Jim
06-15-2010, 02:17 PM
it's 2010 people, we aren't impressed by the over-use of CGI and special effects to compensate for the absence and complete lack of a storyline anymore (well, I suppose some people are, but I'm certainly not).

But I thought you enjoyed Transformers 2? :p

Anyway, I can't wait for this movie. It's exactly what the movie industry needs, a solid director coming back to the franchise that made him famous. No more crappy remakes and reboots, just an awesome prequel being told by a competent director. Makes me wish James Cameron would sign on to clean up the shitfest that has become the Terminator franchise.

Iconoclast
06-15-2010, 06:27 PM
But I thought you enjoyed Transformers 2? :pTruth be told, I did enjoy Revenge of the Fallen...not specifically because I think the movie itself is great, but rather because I'll never forget the night I saw that movie and now whenever I watch it I always remember back to that time. It's just a shame I couldn't have gotten this attachment to a better film.

Purge
06-15-2010, 06:34 PM
Oh gosh Icono, oh gosh. :p

It's Ridley Scott that's making it so, 3D or not, I'm guessing it's still going to be an enjoyable film. Avatar was great in 3D and Tron: Legacy is looking to be quite a good film.