PDA

View Full Version : Emerald Dragon

MickeyB333
06-15-2010, 04:05 PM
So I was playing this morning and noticed that ED was available for download. So downloaded and played it. A few impressions.

1. They really played with the fairways, looks like they Tiger Proofed 3 or 4 holes and pinched in many others.

2. The first par 3 on the back side is playing as a par 4, only hole with this issue.

3. Because of the fairway, hole #12 is very hard to reach in regulation.

4. Most putts are very easy to make, straight in.

The graphics are excellent and if you want a real challenge then this course should be right up your alley. I imagine it will be great online in TP and match play.:confused:

DAWGOLDSCHOOL1
06-15-2010, 05:19 PM
EA has added 2 course downloads in a week that could have been included with the games release.Is it just me or is EA's greediness getting larger by the games they're releasing?

KingSigy
06-15-2010, 05:28 PM
I remember this course from 2005 and it was hard as hell. I'm displeased that it's $10 for the download, but this was a course that I always loved for it's added difficulty.

MickeyB333
06-15-2010, 06:56 PM
I remember this course from 2005 and it was hard as hell. I'm displeased that it's $10 for the download, but this was a course that I always loved for it's added difficulty.

Then you will be glad that some of the other DLC will be bundle to make them cheaper.

litepink
06-15-2010, 07:16 PM
Then you will be glad that some of the other DLC will be bundle to make them cheaper.

What bundles? I was loyal to the DLC last year. Got Spyglass Hill for free, bought Predator and Banff Springs (?) for 600 points each and bought COG Hill week one for the early bird 400 points. I don't remember any bundles, or hearing of any for this year?

600 points was a "right on the fence" purchase. I knew it was too much but I was playing the game regularly for several weeks daily because of the Big Money achievement so that pushed it over the top to "purchase". I ended up enjoying them and getting my money's worth while helping me get Big Money. They are 800 points this year though, so that's a DEFINITE no, and with no achievement for online tournaments so that no is set in stone.

But to those complaining about EA (once again)...buzz off. They have more courses than ever, so many that I barely get to experience them all. Too rich for my blood, but that fact they ARE releasing them shouldn't bother anyone at all. Go play John Daly golf then :rolleyes:

Greendisease
06-15-2010, 08:21 PM
Seriously... EA is getting way too F'ing greedy. It is pissing me off.

MickeyB333
06-15-2010, 09:43 PM
Pinehurst™ No. 2
Sheshan Golf & CC
Harbour Town Golf Links
Gary Player Country Club Course
Bay Hill Club & Lodge®
TPC Blue Monster at Doral®
Cog Hill Golf & CC™
Banff Springs
Firestone CC
Spyglass Hill® Golf Club
Riviera
The Predator
Highlands
River Course at Blackwolf Run
Emerald Dragon

That's 15! I hope nobody would pay $10 a Course. That is why they are bundling some of these together.:cool:

I 7echnician I
06-16-2010, 05:56 AM
Seriously... EA is getting way too F'ing greedy. It is pissing me off.

Yea me too. :uzi:EA

xx greengore xx
06-16-2010, 03:24 PM
At first, the idea of DLC was wonderful. It made older games which had already been mastered feel somewhat new again. However, to release a game, followed by two DLCs a week later is a straight money grab. EA is not the only company to do so.

This tells me the company has a complete game but only releases say 60% of the completed game, but of course charges 100% of the price. To release extra content within a month or two of a game's release is an insult, but in the corporations' defense, if people are willing to pay for it there is no reason to stop. In this particular case, we have two "new" courses which have some significant errors with the assignment of pars.

For me, having a hard copy of everything is much more desireable. Downloadable content retains no value as time commences. For example, what value do the DLC courses from last year hold? We cannot return them for credit or points and are not allowed to use them in the current edition of the game.

I would seriously consider the ramifications before downloading the reminder of a game in the future. If the trend considers we may end up seeing; "The princess is in another castle" (for a $10 download you can find out if she is in the next one.)

solus909
06-16-2010, 07:03 PM
I find it amusing that EA is advertising it's two fantasy course DLCs as "new." They are NOT new, as Tiger vets will know. I made the mistake of downloading The Highlands and was shocked to see just how little they improved it (graphically, anyway) from the original XBOX version. To charge $10 for it is unbelieveable. But then again, who am I to complain? I ended up buying it and EA got my money which was their plan all along.

I will NOT be buying Emerald Dragon however, despite the temptation. If the price was $3 I probably would.