PDA

View Full Version : Any good?

F Swan
06-15-2010, 04:15 PM
How good is this? Compared to other Shoot em ups.

lam47
06-15-2010, 06:10 PM
In the last poll taken on Cave stg (the biggest Cave forum, these guys are pretty hard core. They have the PCB's etc)
And it was voted Caves best shooter of all time.
It is really really fun and pretty hard too. It feels more like the older cave games like Dodonpachi and Dai ou jou. The scoring system is pretty simple and is mostly to do with point blanking the enemy. There is boss breaking for more advanced players and a couple of other expert techniques.
Although I have only had it for a while I have been told by many that its the gave game they come back to again and again.

On the 360 port you get the arcade mode and a new X mode which is actually very good. It has suicide bullets and special enemies to cancel them into chips for points.

There is no HD remake but a few filters to choose from. Also an arrange soundtrack which is OK.

Overall I would recommend it. Its cheap at the moment and will likely become quite collectable in the future.

F Swan
06-15-2010, 11:43 PM
Thanks for the reply :)

I probably will get it, well do you know if it is region free? I do have a Japanese 360 but its currently in need of repair (Red ringed on me lol) So I'd rather just play it on my UK one ...

What are the achievements like? Hardcore or doable with time? I like a bit of challenge, just like to know what to expect in advance :)

lam47
06-16-2010, 03:21 PM
Its locked to Japan I'm afraid.
Most of the achievements are pretty easy. Some are grinders.
The only hard ones are for getting through every level on default without a continue.
If you are good at shooters it wont be too difficult. I find Ketsui pretty tricky though.

If you are in the UK I can permanently fix RROD consoles.
Send me a PM if you need help.

F Swan
06-27-2010, 06:20 PM
I am in the UK yes, recently had it fixed at local shop for 25 quid. Picking it up tomorrow, hopefully will be ok now :)
Thanks for offer though.