Aqua18
06-16-2010, 06:01 PM
Discuss the achievements here.

Aara123
09-25-2010, 02:54 PM
They don't seem too difficult. Just time consuming

Hoborg
09-26-2010, 06:29 PM
Looks like decent variety. Some collecting, finish on hard, both are commonplace. Looks like an attainable 1000g.

KAG1092
09-26-2010, 11:55 PM
Doesn't look like any grinding is needed, really. Most of this will probably come as you play the game through. The rest are simple if there is a good checkpoint/save system. Apart from the acheevo for finishing the game on Hard, I can't see anything else that requires you to be on Hard for them to be unlocked. Meaning you can play it all on Easy.

Painkiller Q8
10-01-2010, 08:09 AM
Should we start playing this on Hard at the first time ??

KillerBEA
10-01-2010, 08:22 AM
Should we start playing this on Hard at the first time ??
Maybe? Hard on the demo wasn't very hard. Looks like a very do-able list.

scorpy78
10-02-2010, 09:22 AM
people please start on hard, hard is really not hard in this game.
I'm now at the 9th level and no problems so far, I died only two times and this because I always forget to block.

And the achievements stack so first playthrough on hard and then you can replay the chapters to collect your masks and orbs.

And btw. when you select the chapters it shows you how much masks and orbs you've collected (orbs in percentage) so I think the hardest and very time consuming achievement will be to collect 100% of the orbs (tech points) on each level, it will take multiple runs

Vulture
10-02-2010, 09:41 PM
i may go for 1000G on this.. dont know :D

Eleo
10-03-2010, 11:30 PM
Hard mode should be described as "sort of challenging" mode. Nothing extremely frustrating.

The Tech Orbs one sucks because Enslaved is not open-world. Advancing through a level can make missed orbs unobtainable. There's even chase sequences where there's no time to slow down really at all, but with orbs scattered down the path. I don't think I'll be going back for them all.

scorpy78
10-04-2010, 03:53 AM
Hard mode should be described as "sort of challenging" mode. Nothing extremely frustrating.

The Tech Orbs one sucks because Enslaved is not open-world. Advancing through a level can make missed orbs unobtainable. There's even chase sequences where there's no time to slow down really at all, but with orbs scattered down the path. I don't think I'll be going back for them all.

yeah, I think the best way to get 100% for collecting the orbs would be a video guide.
I only managed to get 100% on two levels, I replayed the second level 3 times and still only have 97% done although I found some well hidden orbs

Nubcake101
10-06-2010, 08:32 AM
I have a question. Im currently playing on hard, and im on chapter 4 soo if i go to chapter select and select a previous chapter on an easier difficulty so i can find the orbs will it mess up my achievement on beating the game on hard mode?

shoxy
10-06-2010, 07:35 PM
Mhh 1000 G would be really hard because one archievment.
Finding all red obs
there are a lot of them in the whole game seriously.
I got 560 G and Happy about this :D

Cybiko13
10-07-2010, 03:29 AM
I'm having trouble with two achievements
Untouchable: I have beaten the first level several times without getting hit and yet no achievement. It took several times for invincible as well.
Over Here!: I believe i am doing this correctly, but i am more curious if anyone has been having any trouble with this one.

onegear
10-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Deos anyone know if using the pre-order DLC disables achievements?

ViVaGordito4evr
10-09-2010, 05:19 PM
Someone else on this site used that phrase and it applies nicely here. Hate these cheevos where you have to collect ALL of something; especially when there's so many of them. Ruins the pacing of the game and story when you're looking in every nook and cranny for that last little orb. They should have just left it at purchase all upgrades, or collect X amount of orbs, but not ALL of them (IMHO). I hope some day developers will stop making these obligatory "collect ALL of whatever" cheevos; more annoying than anything else.

Cheers,

:drunk

NorthernZoot
10-11-2010, 05:48 PM
I have a question. Im currently playing on hard, and im on chapter 4 soo if i go to chapter select and select a previous chapter on an easier difficulty so i can find the orbs will it mess up my achievement on beating the game on hard mode?
I'm not entirely sure, as I haven't done this yet, but it seems that you will only get the "Complete on *difficulty*" achievements for completing all chapters at that specific difficulty (or higher). If you play all chapters on hard and finish the game, you get all difficulty achievements.

If you go back to another chapter, at a lower difficulty, before beating the game, I would assume that it wouldn't affect the achievement, but you will only get the achievement for the difficulty that you complete the game at. Feel free to go back and play on easy, but you won't get the HARD until every chapter is completed at Hard Difficulty.

Optimus Grizley
10-12-2010, 05:54 AM

No it will not. You can go back to any chapter on easy and still get the achievement for finishing game on hard. All you have to do is when you are done with the chapter you wanted to replay is go back to chapter select and select the chapter you left off on and start in on hard. Difficulty achievements are stackable and is not any more difficult on hard as it is on easy. The only difference I noticed was that the mechs block all the time.

Optimus Grizley
10-12-2010, 05:56 AM
Deos anyone know if using the pre-order DLC disables achievements?

Pre order codes do not disable achievements. I used the ninja monkey pre order code for my hard play thru and still got the achievement. All though it did make game a little boring since I didnt have to fight any mechs since I could just shoot them all and move on.