PDA

View Full Version : Karate Kid Impressions

xSeifer13x
06-16-2010, 11:57 PM
I've noticed a lot of folks on this forum are putting all sorts of hate on this film and so far I seem to be a minority when it comes to people who enjoyed this movie. I am still to this day in-love with the original films. I even loved the third film, but I walked away from this film satisfied. I'm currently looking forward to the next film in which I'm deep down hoping to see a Ralph Macchio cameo or possibly a small role to pay home-age to the original teenager who brought this great series to life for us.

khaosfighter
06-22-2010, 04:36 AM
i would waste karate kid

Flapjack Ninja
06-22-2010, 01:28 PM
It's got Jackie Chan in it. So it's obviously brilliant. The man could star in American Pie 112 and still make it the best of the series.

Being serious; everyone should remember that this movie is for kids before they start flaming it to hell.

Kirye
06-22-2010, 03:31 PM
It's got Jackie Chan in it. So it's obviously brilliant. The man could star in American Pie 112 and still make it the best of the series.

Being serious; everyone should remember that this movie is for kids before they start flaming it to hell.

So was Toy Story 3, and yet that movie was great.

This one however.. not so much.

DarthSoth
06-22-2010, 09:19 PM
I haven't seen it yet but from the looks of things shouldn't it be called the Kung-Fu Kid instead of the Karate Kid? Even in the trailers it says that he is teaching him kung-fu. Just found that a little strange.

I'll likely end up renting this one when it hits video. But more for Jackie than for Will Smith's kid. The one with the chick looked more appealing than this one does to be honest.

Flapjack Ninja
06-23-2010, 03:46 PM
So was Toy Story 3, and yet that movie was great.

This one however.. not so much.

Are you kidding? Almost everyone I know wants to see this. And none of them are kids. Pixar put adult humor into their films that kids won't understand. I don't see The Katate Kid doing the same.