PDA

View Full Version : Beta Delayed but Only for 360?!

pX I Atticus
06-17-2010, 01:14 AM
The Medal of Honor beta for the Xbox 360 is delayed, but it is expected to be available next week. We are extremely disappointed about this, but want to assure you that we are dedicated and determined to delivering all of you this awesome multiplayer experience as soon as possible. However, we are excited to extend the beta to make up for lost time! The beta will continue as planned for the PlayStation 3 and PC. For these platforms, the beta starts on June 21st. However, players who own Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and have pre-ordered will be able to enter on June 17th. More information and beta availability updates can be found at www.medalofhonor.com/betainfo (http://www.medalofhonor.com/betainfo).

http://www.medalofhonor.com/blog/2010/06/xbox-360-beta-delayed

SUCKS balls

MFCH 37
06-17-2010, 04:43 AM
this should be a shock to NO ONE

veece16
06-17-2010, 04:47 AM
The last MOH sucked so I'm not jumping exactly jumping the gut to play the Beta for the new one.

DarkSyte
06-17-2010, 07:57 AM
I bet it's going to be extended for ALL systems.. it should only be extended for the 360 since we are getting shafted.

TsarBlandi
06-17-2010, 08:05 AM
EA offering a bonus few days to those who have bought a previous game, in the hope to boost sales... never

i was just pleased the beta went from the anticipated release of 17th July to 21st June

OceanH
06-17-2010, 12:09 PM
The last MOH sucked so I'm not jumping exactly jumping the gut to play the Beta for the new one.

That doesn't make sense. Looking at the gameplay/graphics of the new one VS Airborne, it's like night and day.

dang racoons
06-17-2010, 04:07 PM
dammit good we getting extended though it would've been nice to get a reason and a date though o.O

ITD Soldierboy
06-17-2010, 06:24 PM
Luckily I have two codes, so I'm gonna be playing it for the PS3 today until the xbox version is released.

porkfriedtar
06-17-2010, 06:26 PM
Regardless of the extension, I'm looking forward to trying it out, I'm hoping its like BC2 but with better servers and some minor adjustments to make it better!

Black Watch
06-17-2010, 07:16 PM
I ran home from work with the redemption key in my hand for nothing... I want to cry..

ElvisOfTheDead
06-17-2010, 08:30 PM
I ran home from work with the redemption key in my hand for nothing... I want to cry..

Totaly with you on that one. Went out in 100 degree heat to nab the code and came home to sadness...Oh well, one more week of BC2 :) Not sure when Onslaught releases, but it better not be the same day!

silencedlight
06-17-2010, 09:46 PM
Most claim the delay is microsofts fault, as they update on a tuesday whereas playstation update on a thursday, so speculation has it microsoft didn't put the beta on with this weeks update.
It sounds alot of hog wash to me as we get videos (e3 mostly) and game updates everyday. Although if it is microsoft I can understand ea and dice not wanting to point fingers as they want to stay on good terms with them.
Its more call of duty than bad company by the multiplayer beta video on youtube, zero enviroment destruction. I was origanally pi55ed off about this, but remembered that until bad comp 2 arrived MW2 was my main online game.
Plus its got vehicles, cod + vehicles can't be that bad.
Bring on the beta.

Update: just got an email from amazon (UK) trying to pry when I would get my beta key, also trying to get it early as most of them know nothing of the gaming world. Anyway I got an email saying that the 21st was a US release date and they woulf release the keys for the 5th in the UK. Its a load of b0110cks, but just in case I would recommend going with GAME. Don't wait until monday night to find out you don't have a key and then try preordering from GAME as they release keys every monday. hmm maybe its GAME's fault??? read the game offer statement at the bottom.

extra update: look at game's site, it states codes released on the 20th. Whether this is true, it is no doubt a ray of hope.

VaRIABLE SoUL
06-18-2010, 09:01 AM
hmm so much for VIP early access...

MFCH 37
06-18-2010, 03:05 PM
ok, so according to the regular non-delay schedule, if you are BC2 VIP and preorder you can play on the 17th... but its available to everyone on the 21st?

if that is true, at this point, the preorder VIP should have started yesterday, but now will have to wait tiil next week to play. so will the open-beta be pushed back even further OR is it just pointless to pre-order now? (unless you just really want to, that is)

stuhp
06-18-2010, 06:05 PM
ok, so according to the regular non-delay schedule, if you are BC2 VIP and preorder you can play on the 17th... but its available to everyone on the 21st?

if that is true, at this point, the preorder VIP should have started yesterday, but now will have to wait tiil next week to play. so will the open-beta be pushed back even further OR is it just pointless to pre-order now? (unless you just really want to, that is)

You'll want to read the blog entry more carefully.

The beta will continue as planned for the PlayStation 3 and PC. For these platforms, the beta starts on June 21st. However, players who own Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and have pre-ordered will be able to enter on June 17th.

PC and PS3 start regular time - June 17th and June 21st, according to VIP status. Xbox 360's starting time has been pushed back until next week, meaning it's possible that VIP members will start on the 21st or so, and non-VIP members will start even later.

Double2Seven
06-22-2010, 10:25 AM
The Beta is awfull, lag , errors and very poor framerate, i played on the PS3 and at this momement i can foresee another fail atempt to beat mw2.

I like BF series, and this game looks like to sit in the midlle os BF and MW2, i liked the killstreaks rewards....but the framerate makes me not want to play the beta at this point.

So the delay as nothing to do with the MSFT, EA is on the side of the ps3 as Acti is on the side of the Xbox.

TsarBlandi
06-22-2010, 01:27 PM
Gah i want this soooo bad

(http://www.gamerzines.com/xbox-360/news/moh-360-beta-still-delayed.html)

a blind beggar
06-22-2010, 01:38 PM
the beta is terrible anyway, there are a helluva lot of things wrong with it, the most annoying thing though is that half of the time when you get a 3 kill streak the whole thing freezes. i've had to turn off my ps3 around 10 times already and i've only played it for 2 hours! the bullets don't register a lot of the time and the rifle grenades only damage if you hit the enemy directly. also the bolt action sniper rifles are useless, which might be done purposely to "discourage camping" as the devs said...which is ridiculous. i'd say this'll all be fixed though by the time the open beta comes.

Theslatcher
06-23-2010, 11:51 AM
the beta is terrible anyway, there are a helluva lot of things wrong with it, the most annoying thing though is that half of the time when you get a 3 kill streak the whole thing freezes. i've had to turn off my ps3 around 10 times already and i've only played it for 2 hours! the bullets don't register a lot of the time and the rifle grenades only damage if you hit the enemy directly. also the bolt action sniper rifles are useless, which might be done purposely to "discourage camping" as the devs said...which is ridiculous. i'd say this'll all be fixed though by the time the open beta comes.
remember that ITS A BETA! it's supposed to happen.

Ozbaab
06-23-2010, 09:07 PM
I got my beta code last night, was very excited, then I saw I could only choose if I wanted to be in the PS3 or PC versions.. D: I realized after some research the xbox version is delayed! Suck!

Is there btw different classes in the MP, like Bad Comp 2? Haven't played that game but I like class based MP games :)

H0p3sfalL
06-23-2010, 09:27 PM
this should be a shock to NO ONE

:whs agree 100%

yellams
06-25-2010, 10:29 PM
I've got the Beta on Ps3, it's good, but as I'm sure you can all tell from Youtube, it's basically Bad Company 2 again.
To me, it feels like a faster paced BC2, where the aiming is similar to CoD/Killzone.
I mean it's good (when its not freezing my PS3) but definately worth at least trying it.
The class system is in place from BC2, but now with just 3 classes (more may be unlockable?) and two of the classes are very similar, with the third being recon, where the sniper's are pretty useless, very fast paced shooting, similar to the FAL on CoD

plrbear1028
06-26-2010, 03:17 AM
i love cod. the way you can aim and it feels like you can move free, unlike battlefield, i felt i was too slow and maybe i love cod and battlefield isnt my thing.. maybe.. but if anyone could tell me how it is, id appreciate it, im thinking about getting the beta and if i dont like it, cancel the preorder and move it to fallout? lol :P

oRedBull
06-26-2010, 12:13 PM
I can understand the release of the PS3 Beta on time. What I think is completely ridiculous is that DICE/EA whoever is in charge of the Beta situation, are diverting staff that should be completing the Xbox 360 Beta. In the time the Xbox 360 Beta hasn't been active, the PS3 has received a patch for their version. Fuck you EA!