PDA

View Full Version : She's Out Of My League

Iconoclast
06-17-2010, 03:21 AM
So I was really bored tonight and decided to watch another movie while updating my photography gallery.

It was recommended to me by a friend, to which I agreed upon refreshing my memory by watching the trailer.

I must say, I'm usually not one for cheesy love story flicks (even ones that are primarily comedies), but I totally dug this movie. I mean, I can't say too much about the storyline being anything terribly special, since it's been done plenty of times before, but they certainly put their own spin on it.

I also feel it absolutely necessary to mention how much I loved T.J. Miller's (Stainer) role in this movie; for an actor that I have never heard of (I IMDB'd him after the movie and found that the only other movie I've seen him in was Cloverfield, though I don't remember his role at all...which doesn't surprise me, since I've tried to block most of that movie out of my memory) he did an amazing job. I also noticed that he's in the Get Him To The Greek movie that just came out, so that's yet another reason I'll have to go see it. He kind of reminds me of an earlier Seth Rogan before he was as popular as he is today.

Anyway, needless to say, I thought this movie was great and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a comedy to watch (that also doesn't mind a bit of a love story). What did everyone else think? :)

R Rated Love
06-17-2010, 04:42 AM
On the contrary, I was beyond disappointed with this movie. I've loved pretty much everything Jay Baruchel has ever done, but not even that was enough for me to like this movie. I didn't find it particularly funny, outside of the few scenes that I'd already seen a dozen times in the trailer. To be blunt, it just sucked. (Of course, all of this is extremely subjective, and nothing more than my personal opinion)

(And for what it's worth, TJ Miller's role in Get Him To The Greek is extremely minor. He was in the movie for about a minute. While I thought the movie was pretty funny, I wouldn't go seeing it just for TJ Miller.)

PointPlaceWI
06-17-2010, 01:59 PM
On the contrary, I was beyond disappointed with this movie. I've loved pretty much everything Jay Baruchel has ever done, but not even that was enough for me to like this movie. I didn't find it particularly funny, outside of the few scenes that I'd already seen a dozen times in the trailer. To be blunt, it just sucked. (Of course, all of this is extremely subjective, and nothing more than my personal opinion

Pretty much the words out of my mouth except I didn't think it sucked. It was watchable, sure. But, it was nothing new to the love comedy genre and is something that I'll see that once but probably will never watch again unless it comes up on HBO or the such when I have nothing else to do and nothing else on.

H0p3sfalL
06-17-2010, 03:22 PM
She's Out of My League = Story of my life (example- Iconoclast)

Thought the movie was great and funny. Fav part is when he meet her parents for the first time. Funny stuff.

tweak4ever
06-17-2010, 05:48 PM
i dont know wht you guys are talking about...

personally, i decided to take a look at it because I'm a pens fan, and i heard they talk about them a lot (I know dumb reason) but I really liked it.

It was kinda sad, reminding me of my shitty relationship problems, but in the end, it was a great film.

It had small subtleties in it i really found amusing. I was funny.

H0p3sfalL
06-17-2010, 06:09 PM
yea, that was a game from a while ago. The goalie for the NYI isnt on the team anymore. Hasnt been for a few years now.

tweak4ever
06-17-2010, 06:14 PM
yea, that was a game from a while ago. The goalie for the NYI isnt on the team anymore. Hasnt been for a few years now.

lol, when the film was released in theaters they said, on the pens website, the game was recorded early in the 2008 season...

when did roloson become their starting goalie?

Tussell
06-17-2010, 06:37 PM
Yet another movie I really need to see. Again, didn't get the chance to catch it in theaters, despite several attempts to get people to go. Everyone said it looked stupid, so no one wanted to go. Since the release of the DVD, all I've heard is good things.

Definitely need to check this out.

H0p3sfalL
06-17-2010, 06:41 PM
lol, when the film was released in theaters they said, on the pens website, the game was recorded early in the 2008 season...

when did roloson become their starting goalie?

Roloson became the the starter this past season. if you look the NYI goaltender was Dub- something(cant remember how to spell his name)

elephantd
06-17-2010, 10:20 PM
The Bathroom scene in this movie made my ribs hurt from laughing. I thought the casting was perfect for the movie, everyone had belivable roles. Also this qoute, " Hey what three guys do in apartment is their business." Or something along those line.

tweak4ever
06-18-2010, 03:18 AM
The Bathroom scene in this movie made my ribs hurt from laughing. I thought the casting was perfect for the movie, everyone had belivable roles. Also this qoute, " Hey what three guys do in apartment is their business." Or something along those line.

you mean the part where his buddy shaves his balls?

Iconoclast
06-18-2010, 04:04 AM
you mean the part where his buddy shaves his balls?Of course...although it makes me wonder, would guys ever actually do this in real life? I just can't see it...(nor would I want to)

tweak4ever
06-18-2010, 04:23 AM
Of course...although it makes me wonder, would guys ever actually do this in real life? I just can't see it...(nor would I want to)

No, theres your answer, NO, they would not do this

jamie1000013
06-18-2010, 08:08 AM
I watched like 20 minutes of it and got bored, does it get better?

Iconoclast
06-18-2010, 12:53 PM
I watched like 20 minutes of it and got bored, does it get better?In my opinion, yes, but if you were bored with a 20 minute span of it, then you probably would be just as bored with the rest of it; this movie is fairly linear, in that it really doesn't have too many "good parts" with a number of "bad parts"...it's more or less all the same. So if you didn't like some of it, then chances are you won't like any of it.

No, theres your answer, NO, they would not do this I thought not, but I figured it would be an interesting question to ask, nonetheless.

domn8rdom
06-18-2010, 04:57 PM
I watched this movie a week ago or so. Just seemed like another chick flick but it does have its moments. Another guy shaving your balls is the closest you can get to being gay

Pyrochaos
06-18-2010, 05:01 PM
Another guy shaving your balls is the closest you can get to being gay

Pretty sure having anal sex with another man is the closest you can get to being gay. But even then, there are exceptions.

domn8rdom
06-18-2010, 05:18 PM
Pretty sure having anal sex with another man is the closest you can get to being gay. But even then, there are exceptions.

I think if you're having anal sex you are full blown homosexual

PointPlaceWI
06-18-2010, 05:27 PM
It's not gay unless you make eye contact.

That's why I always wear a blindfold.

tweak4ever
06-18-2010, 08:01 PM
It's not gay unless you make eye contact.

That's why I always wear a blindfold.

when you do what?

Deyankees1
06-19-2010, 02:33 AM
Of course...although it makes me wonder, would guys ever actually do this in real life? I just can't see it...(nor would I want to)

You know when a friend is in need I never say no, Ive shaved so many balls in my day let me tell you.

But no in all seriousness this was a great movie, the blooper reel in the blu ray is hilarious.

JrdRIOT
06-20-2010, 10:40 PM
I downloaded this a few weeks ago, i'll check it out asap :)

rvlution
06-21-2010, 04:06 PM
I love Jay Baruchel! I never saw this but I wanted to.

burningreaper
06-24-2010, 03:52 AM

Depends on where the gun is pointed. And by gun, I mean an actual gun.

On topic, I enjoyed the movie. It has it's moments and too many comedies lack that.

Neverender
06-24-2010, 04:17 AM
I watched it earlier today (also because I was bored) on PPV. It was actually better than I anticipated. Still, IMO, not as good as Youth in Revolt, though.

Murda
06-26-2010, 11:51 PM
This movie had its moments, but it was not a great movie.

SynysterChris
06-27-2010, 09:29 AM
The reaction to this was good so I, just downloaded it. Going to watch it after this episode of 24.