PDA

View Full Version : Any GOOD Video Game Movies?

tweak4ever
06-17-2010, 06:12 PM
I've seen some pretty bad ones, anybody know any good ones?

PointPlaceWI
06-17-2010, 06:16 PM
I've enjoyed the Resident Evil series so far, heard the Prince of Persia movie out now is a good action flick, thought Silent Hill was fun, enjoyed the FFVII movie (I'm a FFVII buff though, so biased), and no one can forget the original Mortal Kombat movie :D.

vI-Youneek-Iv
06-17-2010, 06:22 PM
Here give this a look there are some movies in there.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=143455

Iconoclast
06-17-2010, 06:29 PM
My first vote would be for Silent Hill, with the first Resident Evil movie coming in at a close second (the same can't be said for the other RE films).

Here's an article you might enoy: LINKY (http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2009/02/25/video_game_movies_the_good_the_bad_and_t)

I find it odd that MK tops the list, though...I thought that movie was absolute rubbish.

tweak4ever
06-17-2010, 06:30 PM
Here give this a look there are some movies in there.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=143455

Thanks man.

Personally, when it comes to movies you think companies could pick something more relevant that video games for source materials

tweak4ever
06-17-2010, 06:37 PM
My first vote would be for Silent Hill, with the first Resident Evil movie coming in at a close second (the same can't be said for the other RE films).

Here's an article you might enoy: LINKY (http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2009/02/25/video_game_movies_the_good_the_bad_and_t)

I find it odd that MK tops the list, though...I thought that movie was absolute rubbish.

lol, yup

MK was pretty bad

vI-Youneek-Iv
06-17-2010, 06:42 PM
That Article The Best, The Worst, and The Boll was pretty bad. Most of the good ones were up there but where was The Punisher? And I'm surprised Rampage wasn't on the Boll list cause that is down there with many of his movies, plus the remark with Mark Whalberg and should of been played by Dean Winters, I think Mark was a better choice cause he's more built than the other guy which looks like a stick. But if they were to be REAL games like CoD: WaW (Nazi Zombies) by far the best is Outpost a Merc. Team goes to an old bunker and well....... you should just see the movie it's very good.

BackerMan
06-17-2010, 06:49 PM
I think Resident Evil are best movies coming out of video game. Most video game movies are not really good. super mario was the worst. I like street fighter movie. I like the first mortal kombat movie but not the second.

tweak4ever
06-17-2010, 06:51 PM
I think Resident Evil are best movies coming out of video game. Most video game movies are not really good. super mario was the worst. I like street fighter movie. I like the first mortal kombat movie but not the second.

i saw super mario bros. out of curiosity...

it really wasnt as bad as people said...not that it was good at all

Pyrochaos
06-17-2010, 07:01 PM
I liked Hitman.

Iconoclast
06-17-2010, 07:19 PM
I liked Hitman.For some reason I always forget this movie, but now that you mention it, I remember enjoying it a lot as well when I saw it. The love story was a bit much and could have been dumbed down a bit, but other than that it was a better "video game" movie than most.

Death Metal Jim
06-17-2010, 07:37 PM
I've seen some pretty bad ones, anybody know any good ones?

To answer your question, no, there has never been a good video game ever made. They've all been absolutely terrible. The only one I can think of that was even close to watchable was Silent Hill and even that was junk. Some people have been saying this Prince of Persia movie is good, I haven't seen it yet, but I'd imagine when I do it'll probably be lobbed in with the rest of the awful vg movies.

P.S When i was a silly teenager I thought the Mortal Kombat movie wasn't too bad. But now as a 27 year old when I watch it I find it just awful, but at least it's still not as bad as MK:Annihilation, which is truly one of the worst films ever made ;).

tweak4ever
06-17-2010, 07:44 PM
To answer your question, no, there has never been a good video game ever made. They've all been absolutely terrible. The only one I can think of that was even close to watchable was Silent Hill and even that was junk. Some people have been saying this Prince of Persia movie is good, I haven't seen it yet, but I'd imagine when I do it'll probably be lobbed in with the rest of the awful vg movies.

P.S When i was a silly teenager I thought the Mortal Kombat movie wasn't too bad. But now as a 27 year old when I watch it I find it just awful, but at least it's still not as bad as MK:Annihilation, which is truly one of the worst films ever made ;).

haha, thanks, i think...

I'm sure theres at leat one good one though. They can't ALL be awful

BackerMan
06-17-2010, 08:12 PM
I liked Hitman.

It was alright. I heard they're makin a sequel, let's hope it is better than the first.

Prince of Persa movie... come on, white man playing a major arab character....

tweak4ever
06-17-2010, 08:39 PM
It was alright. I heard they're makin a sequel, let's hope it is better than the first.

Prince of Persa movie... come on, white man playing a major arab character....

lol, in the games he seems to have a plain ol' american voice so Jake G. (Can't Speeeel Gylllinhaaalll) wouldn't be a bad choice

D4RKXPOW3R
06-18-2010, 03:32 PM
I prefer animation over live action. Street Fighter 2 the Animated movie is one of my favorite movies based off a video game. Another good one is Street Fighter Alpha: Generations which is all about Ryu and Akuma (The first Alpha movie is not as good)...There is an animated movie for Dante's Inferno, which was pretty good (never played the game so I can't compare it, and there is a Dead Space anime I have been meaning to check out)...I also thought Halo Legends was great. Oh how could I forget FFVII Advent Children and that CG Resident Evil movie...As for live action films, I enjoy older ones for nostalgic reasons. Mortal Kombat really is a bad movie, but I still love it, same with Double Dragon.

Pyrochaos
06-18-2010, 04:05 PM
For some reason I always forget this movie, but now that you mention it, I remember enjoying it a lot as well when I saw it. The love story was a bit much and could have been dumbed down a bit, but other than that it was a better "video game" movie than most.

Yeah the love story slowed down the movie. But overall it was a pretty good movie.

tweak4ever
06-18-2010, 07:50 PM
lol, now that i think about it, i remember Daniel Tosh saying Prince of Persia was lame

.me
06-20-2010, 03:09 AM
lol, in the games he seems to have a plain ol' american voice so Jake G. (Can't Speeeel Gylllinhaaalll) wouldn't be a bad choice
Yeah, if it's a good movie who really cares. The movie wasn't bad it was better than your average film but nothing great like the producers wanted.

ThaFireman
06-20-2010, 07:23 AM
The first 'Resident Evil' is pretty much the only good video game movie I've ever seen.

Giptuc
06-20-2010, 07:49 AM
id say the Resident Evil movie has been the only 'good' game movie, with the other two kinda just being the typical supernatural zombie movie.

I enjoyed Max Payne alot though... but then again I really like Mark Wahlberg as an actor, and loved the original games. Thought he fit the part of Max to a tee haha

I think the BioShock movie has some potential to be a really good movie if they get the right director, and the same can be said for the Halo movie (if they ever finally make it)

Edit: after reading some of the others, Hitman is defs the best video game movie I have seen, however i hated the whole love story aspect. Though i spose a video game movie about a hitman would be complete without some tits in it haha.

Gackt
06-20-2010, 02:10 PM
Silent Hill was pretty good, probably the best game to movie transition ive ever seen.

iBean
06-20-2010, 03:00 PM
I liked the Hitman movie. While a lot different to the actual video game series, it combined cool action scenes and a decent story.

I haven't seen any other apart from the DOOM movie and that was horrible.

Purge
06-20-2010, 03:01 PM
YouTube- Silent Hill

Yeah, Silent Hill was.. pretty good from what I can remember. I keep thinking Nicholas Cage was in it, but he's not on the Wikipedia page. Does he make a cameo

I also enjoyed both Final Fantasy films, the first few Pokemon films and the Mortal Kombat films. I have a pretty crummy taste in films, but I think you should check them out anyhow.

KwH x Fatality
06-20-2010, 04:40 PM
I like the Resident Evil series and the Hitman film. I saw Prince of Persia the other day and it wasn't very good. Tomb Raider was okay.
Max Payne was pretty bad.

rvlution
06-20-2010, 07:23 PM
Mortal Kombat is beast. I'm not a huge fan of the game though so I guess it could be bad for fanboys.

PointPlaceWI
06-20-2010, 07:37 PM
Just got done watching Max Payne on HBO. I enjoyed it more than I remembered. Its hard to take anything involving Mila Kunis and Ludacris seriously, but it was plenty watchable in my opinion.

Victorious BIG
06-20-2010, 10:51 PM
I enjoyed hit man and prince of persia, but the resident evil movies are great

tweak4ever
06-20-2010, 11:07 PM
Yeah, if it's a good movie who really cares. The movie wasn't bad it was better than your average film but nothing great like the producers wanted.

sweet, maybe ill check it out

jtr1gg3r
06-21-2010, 12:54 PM
Im not sure, I would say The Warriors, but that was a movie made into a game (an awesome game for that matter =P)

but still watch it, its a quality film

Schism
06-21-2010, 01:17 PM
to me the only good one i have seen was Silent Hill...but that movie was not to good...and im a fan of the games. My friend said the movie was badass but he never played the games so i dont know. the first MK movie was pretty good :P second one was just.....i dont even know what to call it...

tweak4ever
06-21-2010, 08:50 PM
to me the only good one i have seen was Silent Hill...but that movie was not to good...and im a fan of the games. My friend said the movie was badass but he never played the games so i dont know. the first MK movie was pretty good :P second one was just.....i dont even know what to call it...

shit?

10 chars

aheadofme
06-22-2010, 04:27 PM
Best video game movie is A Fistful of Quarters.
I still have hope for Gears of War and MAYBE Mass Effect.

tweak4ever
06-22-2010, 06:52 PM
Best video game movie is A Fistful of Quarters.
I still have hope for Gears of War and MAYBE Mass Effect.

both seem like theyd be awful

which reminds me, you remember that halo movie, Halo: Blue, that never happened?

FurryMohkis
06-23-2010, 07:49 AM
Super Mario Brothers is decent and so is Mortal Kombat... I thought Silent Hill was absolutely boring and rubbish. Street Fighter is a fun little movie too.

Postal, if you have lots of alcohol. Lots, and lots of alcohol. :drunk

YouTube- Postal 【HQ Trailer】 (2007)

tweak4ever
06-23-2010, 04:04 PM
Super Mario Brothers is decent and so is Mortal Kombat... I thought Silent Hill was absolutely boring and rubbish. Street Fighter is a fun little movie too.

Postal, if you have lots of alcohol. Lots, and lots of alcohol. :drunk

YouTube- Postal €HQ Trailer€‘ (2007) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1oKDGlU6WM&feature=fvw)

lol, i remember that movie...damn you Uwe Boll

l Rebirth l
06-24-2010, 06:58 AM
Prince of Persia was a great movie. X-Men Orgins Wolverine was really good too.

Falcon McSquare
06-28-2010, 10:20 AM
The only reason Prince of Persia was any good was because of Gemma Arterton... She literally carried the entire film, then again the fighting and free-running sequences were very good.

rvlution
06-28-2010, 04:56 PM

Oh gosh... MK Annihilation was complete crap. I didn't even finish it. I just remember a CG snake dude.

KarixVIII
07-01-2010, 03:29 AM
As some have said I really liked the Silent Hill movie and then FFVII Advent Children and Resident Evil Degeneration were also both good...
I never really cared for the live action RE movies but the newest one looks really good for some reason...
The thought of the Bioshock movie scares me a bit because I REALLY like the game and I'm tired of Hollywood ruining everything :/

PointPlaceWI
07-01-2010, 01:21 PM
As some have said I really liked the Silent Hill movie and then FFVII Advent Children and Resident Evil Degeneration were also both good...
I never really cared for the live action RE movies but the newest one looks really good for some reason...
The thought of the Bioshock movie scares me a bit because I REALLY like the game and I'm tired of Hollywood ruining everything :/

Hollywood doesn't ruin video game movies; Uwe Boll ruins video game movies.