PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Putting Challenge

la409pete
06-18-2010, 01:14 AM
k ive got a question for anyone that can help after getting frustrated to no end with the furyk (sp?) challenge with the 17 gir i finally get past it and now the lag putts from hell in the tiger challenge i can get them all in two except for the last one on the elventh hole. The slope is so extreme theres no where to lag it to and then a straight attempt at it seems to be impossible. If you have beaten this, how did you do it? Please help!!!!!!!!!!

coolhandmes
06-18-2010, 01:17 AM
Change the first shot to a pitch instead of a putt by pushing x (works for all of the putts) and aim left of the hole as the pitch will roll downhill some and then putt it in. That slope is a bitch i'll agree. also if you're not playing on beginner you might want to try that too.

la409pete
06-18-2010, 01:21 AM
HA!! got it. God bless you for the help! lol

coolhandmes
06-18-2010, 01:22 AM
Glad I could help!

DubNut86
06-19-2010, 11:58 PM
Change the first shot to a pitch instead of a putt by pushing x (works for all of the putts) and aim left of the hole as the pitch will roll downhill some and then putt it in. That slope is a bitch i'll agree. also if you're not playing on beginner you might want to try that too.

This is the same way i did it, i had three shots left but done it in two.

jpg30
07-03-2010, 04:35 PM
can someone explain how the putting distance works? i just don't get it, if it shows say 8ft distance to pin and my putter says 8ft but has a 3 inch up icon do i add more on?

it used to be easy before because u used to get the up/down icon on the distance to pin so all u had to do then was for example 8ft to pin, 8ft with up icon of 3 inch meant i had to put my putting to 11ft, that was how easy it was but this sort of does it in the wrong order and i just can't work out the distances now.

any advice.

Chazzi27
07-03-2010, 08:52 PM
can someone explain how the putting distance works? i just don't get it, if it shows say 8ft distance to pin and my putter says 8ft but has a 3 inch up icon do i add more on?

it used to be easy before because u used to get the up/down icon on the distance to pin so all u had to do then was for example 8ft to pin, 8ft with up icon of 3 inch meant i had to put my putting to 11ft, that was how easy it was but this sort of does it in the wrong order and i just can't work out the distances now.

any advice.

Yes, if the distance is 8 feet and your putter says 8 feet, if it's uphill and you use that distance you'll leave it short. But the putting grid will also show that it's an uphill putt. Red means it's above where you are and blue means it's below.

Minty
07-03-2010, 10:57 PM
any advice.

Just switch back to the old putting system in the menu, makes life a lot easier.

Stewie Griffin2
07-04-2010, 04:22 AM
Yes, if the distance is 8 feet and your putter says 8 feet, if it's uphill and you use that distance you'll leave it short. But the putting grid will also show that it's an uphill putt. Red means it's above where you are and blue means it's below.

This is correct to a certain extent. If the green speed is average, then you'll need to add/subtract about a foot of distance for every inch up/down. If the green speed is very fast, you should be able to hit an 8 foot putt that's up 3 inches with the 8 foot putter. The first thing you should do when playing a new challenge, before you even start to set up your shot, is look at the green speed as soon as you're on the first green. Just hit the back button and look at the bottom right corner of your screen for the green speed. Going to save you a ton of headaches.

I agree with Minty. Classic putting is the way to go, that dumbass precision putter is anything but precise. So much more difficult to pull back on the stick just the right amount and hit it straight than setting your putt up and pulling all the way back and going all the way forward.