PDA

View Full Version : Worth It

Bleeding Star
06-18-2010, 06:51 PM
Worth 240 Microsoft points? I love trading card games and collecting cards, how does the game play actually play etc

I can't get on my xbox to download the trial of it and online doesn't really give much info on it

georgiandben
06-18-2010, 06:55 PM
It's awesome but it really only has a few months left of life probably. But defintely worth the download if you're not sure.

Bleeding Star
06-18-2010, 07:00 PM
It's awesome but it really only has a few months left of life probably. But defintely worth the download if you're not sure.

As in it will become pointless when Fifa 2011 comes out?

RickyMcG
06-20-2010, 11:00 AM
Yes, a steal even at 400MSP. However, as one poster mentioned I can't see it living any longer than 3 months. Fifa 11 will be almost arriving, and the community will jump ship to this title once it does. But you will easily get your moneys worth, trust me.

I thought I'd hate it. How wrong I was. :p

Bleeding Star
06-20-2010, 12:43 PM
Is the community needed for the game though? From what I understand I can still earn and buy packs and enjoy the game just by playing the game offline and winning matches?

So would the only thing fading out be the online trading etc community? Or is the UT add on mainly focused on the community side?

amusedparrot
06-21-2010, 12:10 PM
You're pretty much spot on that you can still buy packs and play offline games etc. The offline cups this year have a lot more variety compared to last year as well. Obviously with the community disappearing you will also lose the trading side of the trading card game.

I have never been a massive fan of the online side of UT but i can see why people would like to pit the team that they have spent time trading and buying against others to see who is best.

I definitely think that it is worth the money, i had it on 09 and it is even better on FIFA 10.

Bleeding Star
06-21-2010, 04:31 PM
Just put it on my download queue, I spent alot more points on stuff that is probably much MUCH worse

Shame I wont get to play it till tomorrow or something :/

JoshCah
07-11-2010, 02:35 PM
only the chemistry achievements unlock in strictly online matches

Pashos
07-11-2010, 02:43 PM
only the chemistry achievements unlock in strictly online matches

Actually, they don't. I got them all in a normal single player match. I'm pretty sure you can't get them in a single player tournament, but you can get them in an offline single match.

spazzimodo
07-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Yeah thats true, i got all of mine in single player matches, and when i say all of mine i mean the international unity one, as several of my achievements glitched randomly from manager mode
but yeah definitely worth all the points, i wasn't too sure at first, but now i love it and to be honest i think i spend a little bit too much time on it than i should

BIGbivvie
07-14-2010, 08:06 PM
Yaah wont live longer than a few months more but it is really good to play.

Rifle Elite
07-14-2010, 08:41 PM
Considering it being only 240 points, its a good deal yeah. Even with the upcoming sequel. 240 points, thats only like $2.50. An you get hours of gameplay for that, especially if you like building up a team.