PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Discussion

L3giOn
04-13-2007, 04:09 PM
Discuss the achievements here.

chenry
09-07-2007, 05:17 PM
I have 405 points in the game so far. I think the only ones I have that require any explanation is Greased Landing.

This is a non-flared landing. What I did was I jerked back on the LS before landing so that you're at a very steep angle. If it works, you'll practically hit the ground running. Good for hitting some of those skill drop zones too.

This method may also work. Before you land, flare the chute, but release A before touching down, then aim the chute forward. You should be going slow enough to hit the ground running.

thagame
09-07-2007, 06:13 PM
Is the 5 in a row achievement for multiplayer??

I just got 10 headshots in a row but still dont have the 5.

yruluis
09-07-2007, 07:42 PM
no its for campaign. multiplayer achievements have MP before it.

yruluis
09-07-2007, 07:44 PM
for greased landing what i usually do is try to crash into something right as i am about to land.

thagame
09-07-2007, 08:23 PM
no its for campaign. multiplayer achievements have MP before it.

well then my game is fucked cause i got the 10 headshot but not the 5. I have done lots of headshots on many occasions and still didnt get the 5.

curtisg43228
09-07-2007, 09:41 PM
Did you constantly do headshots or in between did you shoot other enemies, then go back to headshots?

Icelightin
09-08-2007, 03:27 AM
anyone know how to get the flared landing?

XxMiZzKiLleRxX
09-08-2007, 03:49 AM

Yes push your left stick forward to go fast, dont push anything else just push the stick forward.

SirMacDaddyPIMP
09-08-2007, 05:48 AM
can anyone tell me what is wrong with my achievements? I've gotten 10 headshots but still no achievement, I never got the 5 in a row either? I think it might be glitched or something >.<

chenry
09-08-2007, 05:55 AM

Press the A button to Flare. Hit A maybe 5 seconds before touching down and you'll flare the chute. It slows your descent and gets you into fightin' position faster.

MDKM 739
09-08-2007, 05:58 AM
Hey are the Presedential Citation Unit and the other one glitched because it says you need to get 30 Team Points and my very first ranked match I got a pistol melee kill, one objective capture and probably a few kills and even one or two team kills I think and then soon after I got them both. I don't know exactly how Team Points work, but are the achievements glitched or is it just something easy and i just don't get it.

Thankyou!!!:):):)

chenry
09-08-2007, 05:58 AM
well then my game is fucked cause i got the 10 headshot but not the 5. I have done lots of headshots on many occasions and still didnt get the 5.

Game is not fucked.

The 10 headshots is 10 headshots regardless of time-between-shots.

MDKM 739 is right. 5-in-a-row is a 5-kill streak. They do not have to headshots. I just got the achievement like two seconds ago. Tossed a grenade at 3 guys, then very quickly MP40'd two other guys.

MDKM 739
09-08-2007, 06:02 AM
The Five In A Row isn't for headshot, it's for getting five kills very quicky, like Halo's medals like Double Kill and Triple Kill. It doesnt have to be with headshots either (I don't think) I can almost guarentee because in the demo I think I got it with grenades.

chenry
09-08-2007, 06:03 AM
really? I'll hafta give that a try then. 5 kills makes more sense, because i get the 3-kills thing from grenades all the time.

MDKM 739
09-08-2007, 06:14 AM
Back to my original question though, does anyone know the answer to the my Presidential Citation achievement question I have listed above.

chenry
09-08-2007, 06:20 AM
Presidential Citation is 20 team points. And yeah, the achievement is fairly easy. Team points are just a combination of points from kills and objectives, I think.

curtisg43228
09-08-2007, 10:22 AM
yeah i suck and i even got it last night, got a couple of achievements in one mstch.

angry
09-08-2007, 11:15 AM
can anyone tell me what is wrong with my achievements? I've gotten 10 headshots but still no achievement, I never got the 5 in a row either? I think it might be glitched or something >.<

I got my 5 in a row on the 2nd campaign at the ruins and there was a bunch of germans bunched up i through a ticking grnade in the room at them then i threw another, then all of a sudden i had 2 achs pop up one was for killing 3 enemies with one grenade and the other was 5 in a row. Also the greased landing i got for sliding on the ground when i landed.

Matrixxsenior
09-08-2007, 11:45 AM
Yeah, to flare the chute just press 'A' if you look down as you do it you can see the character lift his legs up. It's easy once you get the timing right.

chenry
09-08-2007, 05:15 PM
I think the easiest way to get the 5-in-a-row achievement is on Market Garden with a gammon bomb. Those things have a huge blast radius. After you destroy the second Tiger tank, move forward towards the bridge. Germans will come out of the guard house and take up positions behind some walls. Just cook off a Gammon bomb and lob it at them. Presto. 5-in-a-row.

MDKM 739
09-08-2007, 09:41 PM
Hey just wondering again, I just beat the game on Normal and I dont want to start a new game and have my stuff be erased, but I don't want to not get the achievements for not beating Expert and Casual by using the chapter select. that's my question, will I still get the achievements for doing that, unlike Call of Duty 3?

chenry
09-08-2007, 11:16 PM
Hey just wondering again, I just beat the game on Normal and I dont want to start a new game and have my stuff be erased, but I don't want to not get the achievements for not beating Expert and Casual by using the chapter select. that's my question, will I still get the achievements for doing that, unlike Call of Duty 3?

None of the stuff is erased. You can beat Normal and then go back to play Casual and all the weapon upgrades will be available.

Tom19
09-09-2007, 12:02 AM
How about the Melee Kick achievement? Im not sure how I'm ment to do that one. I think its where you land on an enermy wile you are landing. Can someone confurm this?

Thanks

JJ UK
09-09-2007, 12:13 AM
while in you parachute look for an enemy and steer towards him - try to be above him and just as you are coming into contact with his head press the right analgue stick in - this will kick him and get you the achievement death from above

Matrixxsenior
09-09-2007, 10:38 AM
Good news about the weapon upgrades carrying over!

MDKM 739
09-09-2007, 03:53 PM
Why did my stats get reset.

yruluis
09-09-2007, 04:39 PM
the reason it got reset was because he chose to start a new campaign. yeah its stupid but you have to go to campaign select i think and select the level and keep moving forward.

if you go to new campaign, ALL your info will be lost

yruluis
09-09-2007, 04:48 PM
i dont know if its just me but i got the achievement were you upgrade all of your weapons online but then it got reset. not that i care anymore but did the leadboards reset cause me to lose my upgrades(anyone else) or was it just to keep it fair(all weapons at max)

danimal
09-10-2007, 01:37 AM
How do i do the sprint melee, i run torwards the guys, melee them and nothing happens.

chenry
09-10-2007, 03:03 AM
How do i do the sprint melee, i run torwards the guys, melee them and nothing happens.

Don't let go of sprint when you swing. Just power through.

chenry
09-10-2007, 03:04 AM
Anyone got the EAM Campaign Medal yet? I've played each map once, and no achievement. Do I need to play each map more than once? Or each map on each mode?

yruluis
09-10-2007, 03:18 AM
you have to play each map at least once. go to stats and check to see if you got credit for playing each map. that happened to me also, i had played a certain map but when i went to stats it said that i hadn't played a game on that map yet. so check

chenry
09-10-2007, 03:26 AM
It says I've played each map at least once. Does it have to be a victory?

yruluis
09-10-2007, 03:31 AM
i dont think so just go to custom match and pick the map you need. dont worry you'll get it eventually. i had the same problem with the presidental unit citation achievement. i didnt think that i would get it but now i get the citation in almost every game

make sure its ranked

chenry
09-10-2007, 03:34 AM
thanks man. i'll just keep playin' like usual. It's got to give me the achievement some time, right :P

Fonkey Monkey
09-10-2007, 06:23 AM
about how long do you think it would take to get 1000, or at least all single player?
thanks

Tom19
09-10-2007, 01:33 PM
Does anyone know how many skill drop locations there are in the game?

MDKM 739
09-10-2007, 03:50 PM
I'm talking about my online stats, they reset.

yruluis
09-10-2007, 05:52 PM
about how long do you think it would take to get 1000, or at least all single player?
thanks

not that long most of the achievements can be obtained in a week. there are a few that take some time and effort

yruluis
09-10-2007, 05:54 PM

6 mission x 5 per mission is about 30. 30 right? yeah 30 skill drops

yruluis
09-10-2007, 05:56 PM
I'm talking about my online stats, they reset.

yeah. your late. everyone's online stats were reset including weapons upgrades obtained, kills, objective points, games played and so on. thats probably why THE CHERNY is having problems get the EAM achievement

Tom19
09-10-2007, 09:13 PM
6 mission x 5 per mission is about 30. 30 right? yeah 30 skill drops

Thanks man. I best get hunting then.

Tricka21
09-10-2007, 10:27 PM
Make sure when you run towards an enemy you keep your finger clicked down on the left stick while clicking down the right stick at the same time to do a melee attack otherwise it won't kill him. Hope that helps

TOXICtheWORLD
09-11-2007, 05:56 AM
i have 10 headshots but not 5 i think you need to get 5 with a sniper rifle

T FUNK 1984
09-11-2007, 06:34 AM
i have 10 headshots but not 5 i think you need to get 5 with a sniper rifle

The 5 kills isn't head shots its just 5 kills in quick succession. I had the same problem last night, I got it by throwing a load of grenades into a building. I managed to get the 'Tick Tick BOOM' achievement at the same time
:woop:.

THE KURGAN
09-12-2007, 12:39 PM
ok i have all skill points but 1 on avalanche not sure which so i did the lvl again all skill locations come up discoverd even though i have 4/5 and went through them all and nothing only conclusion i can think of is that i did infact get it first time and died before it acknowleged it and therefore making unobtainable again as it thinks i already have it but not registerd it as i died befire it had chance this has happend in other games for my friends and only conclusion was to delete all saved data and start again any one else had same problem it stinks to think i have to delete my save ill try moving it to mem card and start new game just for skill drops so annoying that they cant get it right still thats EA for ya

Fritz White
09-13-2007, 05:15 PM
not that long most of the achievements can be obtained in a week. there are a few that take some time and effort

Good to know. I had the same ?, but decided to look for it instead of posting. My friends tell me the game's fun, but more of a renter, so I'll eventually rent and play the fuck out of it for a week and try to get a 1000. Not for awhile though. I'm trying to cram for my Seriously on Gears right now before Halo comes out. I won't make it, but I'll get close enough that I can come back and finish it off eventually. Once Halo comes out, every other game is going on the backburner.

Tom19
09-13-2007, 11:12 PM
I have a little question. With the skill drop's do you actually need to land on them to unlock them? I have just been running to the location till it says that i have found one and then just run off doing the mission. Could someone tell me if i have to actually parashute and land on these places for them to actually count?

kujo28
09-14-2007, 02:28 AM
You have to actually land at the skill drops in order to get credit for them; just finding them is not good enough. I don't blame you, though, for making that assumption since I did too at first.

ryanweinmann
09-14-2007, 04:01 PM
did anybody get this yet? if did how did you get it

HeLLa RaW SHOT
09-19-2007, 08:36 AM
is this an easy game? from what i see on some of my buddys gamerscore its descently easy.

Souls Collector
10-13-2007, 01:11 PM
I am also having problems with homerun achivevement. I just have to work on it more. It is truning into a pain instead of an easy one.

Lavos
10-15-2007, 04:24 PM
Does anyone have the locations of skill drops?

For homerun press and hold left analog and run for sprint , so press (a simple click) right analog to melee, its simple.

elbee
10-23-2007, 09:34 AM

While sprinting you must press melee,
It come's with a nice splash.

Spades12321
11-01-2007, 11:49 AM
is this an easy game? from what i see on some of my buddys gamerscore its descently easy.

Yeah its pretty easy to get high points in this game, and the main campaign is generally easy, except for the very last checkpoint when you have to face about 6 Nazi elites in a small corridor. That was friggin hard.

Io Haze oI
11-04-2007, 11:47 AM
With the skill drops can you land on one complete an objective (so that it saves) and restart the level to get another one?

UnholyZephyr
11-05-2007, 09:35 PM
Yeah you can hit a skill drop, complete an objective and then load the last checkpoint. Also, I'm not sure if this works but i noticed that you don't have to save it to get an achievement, although it helps keeping track of them.

Sebastian55
11-11-2007, 12:44 AM
Ok, so I've followed the guide and I killed 5 guys in a row without being shot or anything... actually no no no... I've shot double that many guys in a row without being shot and never received the achievement. :eek: So I thought... well maybe it's headshots seeing as it's gamerscore icon is the same as the headshot gamerscore icon, so I got all headshots without being shot and have yet to get the achievement. Is there something I'm missing here? Please feel free to enlighten me on something that I'm overlooking or not taking into consideration here... Thanks.

DavidMck
11-18-2007, 02:26 PM
Get a panzercheck and look for a group of 5 or more enemies and just fire at them.

Does anyone know how to exit eh flak tower in the last mission ? I've not got a clue where im going.

cubby520
05-13-2008, 08:57 PM
Im still having trouble with the human flak gun achievement, any tips for me?

Soldier 4 I AM
06-27-2008, 10:48 PM
Is the 5 in a row achievement for multiplayer??

I just got 10 headshots in a row but still dont have the 5.

No story mode.

Soldier 4 I AM
06-27-2008, 10:50 PM

Its well posted, but before you land flair the shoot so that you are going real slow. once you touch the ground keep on running.

Soldier 4 I AM
06-27-2008, 10:52 PM
Game is not fucked.

The 10 headshots is 10 headshots regardless of time-between-shots.

MDKM 739 is right. 5-in-a-row is a 5-kill streak. They do not have to headshots. I just got the achievement like two seconds ago. Tossed a grenade at 3 guys, then very quickly MP40'd two other guys.

This is correct. That is how I got my 5.

Soldier 4 I AM
06-27-2008, 10:55 PM
Im still having trouble with the human flak gun achievement, any tips for me?

Get someone to boost with you. Then cook a granade. Shoot the guy as he is comming down, but dont kill him. Now with the cooked granade toss it into the air at him and try to kill him with the granade. Also Try an RPG this might work as well, but i am not sure.

Soldier 4 I AM
06-27-2008, 11:00 PM

There is a guide that has all the skill drop locations on it. Print it out and cross them off as you go.

LordBunnyHunter
07-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Okay. Ehm.. in the campaign mission menu where you can choose a mission or in the statistics are stars given for each completed mission. The bronze stars are given for what? And then just to the right are the parachute spots. How many you have discovered or landed?
And do you need to land them for the achievement or just find them? And..:) do they carry-over, so if you start the mission over again, you got them already or not?

Dragon23
07-14-2008, 05:44 PM
The way to get this one isn't to get 5 headshots in a row but to just generally kill 5 enemies without being hit by a bullet, grenade flak, falling, etc. Any damage attained ends the chain. I found the easiest way to get this one is to use a recoilless or panzershreck and aiming for a group of 5+ guys. This is the way I got it. Gammons also work very well if you cook them and lob them into large groups of enemies. Hope this helps to clear up the questions about it.

Dragon23
07-14-2008, 05:47 PM
The best way to get this one is to cook the grenade until the last possible second and lobbing it at the enemy player. Also you may be lucky enough to roll a grenade under a guy as he is landing. You can get the kill without having to injure the opponent first but it is considerably easier to put a few rounds into him first before lobbing a grenade.

Dragon23
07-14-2008, 06:34 PM
Get a panzercheck and look for a group of 5 or more enemies and just fire at them.

Does anyone know how to exit eh flak tower in the last mission ? I've not got a clue where im going.
The exit to the flak tower is a very short distance from the point where the demo guys plant the charges, but on any difficulty other than easy it is suicide to think about running for it as there are 6+ Storm Elites guarding your route along with about ten regular soldiers. How I personally did it (on expert) is this: Immediately after the demo guys run off follow them and hang a left[if you go right and up a ramp you can fing a shotgun and an ammo crate] at the end of the catwalk( the two guys to your right wont pursue if your fast enough) and go down the ramp through the doorway. Pick up the two packs of Gammons and pick off a guy perched above you against a wall and any foot soldiers that rushed past the slowly advancing Storm Elites. Try to use the nearby pipes to allow for a view at the advancing Elites. Toss a few Gammons at them if you can to take out a couple or all. If needed retreat and use any weapons at your disposal to take them out(I happened to have a fully loaded Panzerschrek from outside the control room). After killing them take out the one or two Elites standing by themselves and kill any remaining troops on radar( you can just run for the door but it's suicide on expert). Finally, follow the clearly visible wire through the sewage pipes, climb to the surface, and detonate the charges. Hope this all helps you out.

Dragon23
07-14-2008, 06:39 PM
did anybody get this yet? if did how did you get it
You get the WWII victory medal simply by playing the entire story and completing the game.

maddness209
07-22-2008, 04:40 AM
Where can i get the mauser (german pistol)?

ITD Soldierboy
08-30-2008, 09:27 PM

At the very last level: Der Flakturm, and you have to select in in your weapon page. The part were you getto choose your weapons, as no enemy drops one.

ITD Soldierboy
08-30-2008, 09:32 PM
The bronze stars are given for what?

They are given for how well you do on a level on the Casual Difficulty. Silver Stars are given on how well you do on Normal and Gold is given on how well you do on Expert.

And then just to the right are the parachute spots. How many you have discovered or landed? And do you need to land them for the achievement or just find them? And..:) do they carry-over, so if you start the mission over again, you got them already or not?

You have to do them(Land it) to get it. The number on the right in the menu out of five is how many you've completed. You have to land them to get it the two achievements, and yes they do carry over, so long as you don't start a new campaign. just go to select Campaign and you can choose which level you want, and you'll still have them.

LordBunnyHunter
08-31-2008, 08:06 AM
They are given for how well you do on a level on the Casual Difficulty. Silver Stars are given on how well you do on Normal and Gold is given on how well you do on Expert.

You have to do them(Land it) to get it. The number on the right in the menu out of five is how many you've completed. You have to land them to get it the two achievements, and yes they do carry over, so long as you don't start a new campaign. just go to select Campaign and you can choose which level you want, and you'll still have them.

Yeah, thanks. Got it. Right now, I'm trying to complete the story on normal. Sometimes it's quite hard because the Tiger for example, only aims for you and doesn't give a damn about your mates. Can be annoying.

ViVaGordito4evr
10-14-2008, 06:37 PM
Do you have to do this one in a ranked match? Or can you just get a buddy to help you in a player match?
I am so close to a 1000 in this game, but the "human flak gun" has been driving me nuts as I can't ever seem to get it, and I got all the other ones such a long time ago. :uzi:
I'll try the tips you guys listed above, but doing this in a player match would probably be pretty easy. If anyone got this in a player match let me know. Thanks. :drunk

GT: ViVaGordito4evr

CuppaChoc
10-23-2008, 12:31 PM

You can also pick it up if you blow the safe in the raised room in the warehouse in the level before that. Otherwise yep, just in the last level.

Bishop24
11-30-2008, 01:59 AM
Does anybody know how to do a greased landing? I died in the first mission and had to jump back out of the plane so I got the Flare landing achievement but I don't know how to do a greased landing. Any help would be great.

GreVen
12-01-2008, 09:11 PM
I think greased landing is when you land bad. Just bump into something or land on your back, then you get it.

I still have problem to Melee kick. Any suggestion? I used 2 days to complete Easy and get to 2/3 level on Casual. Though playd a lot of Kung fu panda today. I hope i can get the 1000 in the next 2- 3 weeks.

LordBunnyHunter
12-02-2008, 08:18 PM
I still have problem to Melee kick.

It isn't so hard to do. I did it in the 3rd level, that with the bunker on the hill and you start at the very low and you must fight a Tiger first. If you jump out if the plane, head to the right, there should be a destroyed building with one or two Germans in it. Just fly down and klick the right stick at the right moment. If you missed, just kill yourself or get killed and try again.
Did it on the first time.

nickponitchie
04-01-2009, 12:55 AM
Thanks for the info on the greased landing. I pressed A, then let go at the last second and pressed forward. Thanks again.

TheChich81
04-01-2009, 05:29 AM
if you beat the game on expert, does it not unlock the casual and normal difficulties?

LordBunnyHunter
04-02-2009, 05:26 PM
if you beat the game on expert, does it not unlock the casual and normal difficulties?

I guess not, no!

Baryonyx
04-06-2009, 05:27 PM
What is the best place to get the achievement for getting 10 head shots in a row?

QUIKFIR3
04-07-2009, 12:08 AM
is there anyway you can boost for this game plz msg me and let me know.

ScouseLee
04-07-2009, 10:12 AM
What is the best place to get the achievement for getting 10 head shots in a row?

What I did for this achievement is, on the first mission (Operation Husky), where you locate the missing sniper team, keep the Springfield. On your way back up the level, you'll get plenty of opportunities to get your headshots. Simply wait for enemies to stop moving, or pop their head over cover and boom, headshot. A level run through on Casual difficulty makes this achievement quite easy.

If you already have the Springfield in your weapon inventory, equip it at the start of the level.

Also, be quite careful with your shots, because if you hit an enemy anywhere else on the body, you have to start your 10 again. If you miss them completely however, you'll be fine to carry on.

I hope this helps.

Baryonyx
04-07-2009, 10:23 PM
Cheers. I had been trying at the start with the Garand but after getting 6/7 headshots I'd always tit it up. I'll try with the Springfield and casual as you say!

danno_omen
04-13-2009, 03:11 PM
gettin out of the flak tower is hard as hell for me and im doin it on casual :S which is sad cause im good at most FPS's but those damn elite's rape me.Do u think i could just run past them all or is there 2 many and they would just kill me

Allchris91
05-26-2009, 10:59 PM
im trying to do the weapons master achievement and i have the panzercheck :uzi: left to do, does any1 know the best misson to get level 3 with it? or where to find at least 1 of em :s

any help would be great, thanks

Dr0kz
06-10-2009, 06:48 PM
Any idea how to increase being Axis? I have been Axis twice in 22 games now and none on Objective Airborne missions so getting my nade and normal parachute kill is kinda impossible.

EDIT:, just got Good Conduct, but it gave 0 gamerpoints...wtf?:)

farah540
06-22-2009, 08:44 AM
best game of all time =P

wkdkicksass29
07-01-2009, 01:48 PM
God damn why did they made this game have the muiltiplayer achievement and I was really planning on getting this game after i've beaten the demo.

deathreaper99
09-21-2009, 04:02 AM
well the multiplayer achievements arent that bad actually. Gettings the OBJ points is the hardest I have already 1100 kills in 19 hours but only 300 obj points >.>. Is anyone getting the
MP - World War II Victory Medal (http://www.trueachievements.com/a17007/mp--world-war-ii-victory-medal-achievement.htm)???

its really annoying when I came in 1st but would lose the game.

BALD MONKEY 68
09-27-2009, 08:24 PM
well the multiplayer achievements arent that bad actually. Gettings the OBJ points is the hardest I have already 1100 kills in 19 hours but only 300 obj points >.>. Is anyone getting the
MP - World War II Victory Medal (http://www.trueachievements.com/a17007/mp--world-war-ii-victory-medal-achievement.htm)???

its really annoying when I came in 1st but would lose the game. I think this medal my be glitched its the only 1 i need you may get it you might not.

farah540
11-15-2009, 06:21 AM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

TrevorDaddy
01-05-2010, 08:49 AM
You get the WWII victory medal simply by playing the entire story and completing the game.
No. It's for getting 1st place on every map in any game mode, but apparently is glitched and doesn't work right. Nobody can confirm a sure fire way to get it, and people have gotten it at random, including after losing a ranked match.

farah540
01-17-2010, 07:50 AM
Me and a few Friends are trying different methods to try and find the solution to the gaining of "World War 2 Victory Medal" achievement.I will post back with our results.

stuntmanjbc
04-29-2010, 03:59 PM
Where do you get the Mauser pistol at? Do enemies just drop them or what? I can never seem to find one.

BWF SmokeBudnSF
02-15-2014, 06:37 PM
Does anyone know why the online kills are not saving? We wait the time out after the session but its seems that if you dashboard or look at your stats your kills and medals reset.