PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story 3?

Schism
06-19-2010, 04:48 AM
did anyone else see it?
what did you think about it?
couldnt find another thread like this sorry T~T

oh yeah i just saw it with my gf.
it was really good!! seemed very well played out and the ending was very good. didnt know how they would do a whole "daycare" thing but it came through nice. hahaha. Movie made me feel Nostalgic...i remember seeing the first when i was little and stuff. I was surprised at how many adults where in the theater.. and i dont know why but the part with the Monkey scared the shit out of me >.< that monkey.....
soooooooooooooooooooooo?
any one see it? what are your thoughts on it :D

tweak4ever
06-19-2010, 05:02 AM
i loved the first 2 when o was little, havent seen it yet, but its on mah list

Snowman
06-19-2010, 05:05 AM
The monkey scared the crap out of me too...
But I though the movie was great, it totally kept up with the other two, although not as good as the second one -- but still on the same level as the first one. At first I didn't think that this third one was necessary but after I saw it, I think I can go for a fourth one now :D

rvlution
06-19-2010, 06:51 AM
All I can say is the baby freaked me the eff out. I did really like it though. 1st is my favorite.

Majica8
06-19-2010, 09:56 AM
Cannot wait to see this. Toy Story is a rare example where the sequel is better than the first (and the first was already awesome), so hoping the 3rd one can carry on that trend. All previews I've seen indicate that it can.

i m redshark
06-19-2010, 04:42 PM
All I can say is the baby freaked me the eff out. I did really like it though. 1st is my favorite.
Yeah the giant baby was very strange, but overall I thought the film was great! My wife and I just saw it last night and we were both impressed with the film, it was good to see the people at Pixar seem like they wanted to connect to us who grew up on the original 2. For example the story wasn't too child oriented and quite dark at some points, of course nothing will top the original since that was what made these movies today. Shrek, any Pixar film among many other may not have happened without the success of the Toy Story franchise. I strongly suggest this film to anyone who hasn't seen and was a fan of the first 2

Coadster1
06-19-2010, 04:44 PM
I plan on seeing it sometime this week.

khaosfighter
06-22-2010, 04:34 AM
Its gonig to be awesome ^^

jtr1gg3r
06-22-2010, 07:24 AM
when's this come out in the UK?

Badly wanna see it lol

DarkCreations
06-22-2010, 09:42 AM
when's this come out in the UK?

Badly wanna see it lol

According to Showcase Cinema - 23/07/2010

Really want to see it too! Most definitely going to go with friends.

jtr1gg3r
06-22-2010, 10:45 AM
23rd July?!!?!? wtf thats ages away! :mad:

lol will be going to see it with mates too =P

Nozza XBA
06-22-2010, 11:04 AM
23rd July?!!?!? wtf thats ages away! :mad:

lol will be going to see it with mates too =P

Yup.. Long wait =(. Been waiting 10+ years for this!

I'm getting free tickets to as my mate works at Vue! Best seats in the house baby!

jamie1000013
06-22-2010, 11:15 AM
I know a certain website you can watch it free at. It also has A-team and other new films it's great.

jtr1gg3r
06-22-2010, 11:49 AM
I'm getting free tickets to as my mate works at Vue! Best seats in the house baby!

lol, I'll have to pay, but Im still taxing up the leather seats at the back =P

Apollo cinemas are shit =P

a blind beggar
06-22-2010, 01:51 PM
it's out in Ireland before England?...wtf? i thought we get all of the stuff at the same time?

Sambuca Queen
06-22-2010, 08:30 PM
11 years of waiting, so yeah Im defo going to see this. Cant wait to see it, I love the other 2 films. My cousins little boy is obessed with the films, so Im hoping we can take him with us, hes only 18 months old.

McGoogles
06-22-2010, 10:17 PM
I saw it a couple days ago and it was amazing. I've seen the first and second Toy Story when I was younger so this movie really opened my eyes again. I was happy that they made a third Toy Story but I know it'll be the last one of the trilogy. It's sad.

I also noticed that the voices sounded almost the exact same (except for Slinky). I was surprised that Tom Hanks and Tim Allen were still young and able enough to do the voices again after 11 years.

Schism
06-22-2010, 11:31 PM
yeah i was surprised that all the voices still matched and everything. for those of you who have seen it you should check this out...easter eggs. i didnt catch a single one except for Sid. hahahah Pretty Interesting stuff...did not know the voice actor for Hamm has been in all the Pixar films http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movie-talk-toy-story-3-easter-eggs.html

TwinkleTowez
06-23-2010, 10:41 PM
I saw it, and loved it! it stayed true to the original 2 without being to boring, and the ending almost made me cry. truly Pixar's best work.

burningreaper
06-24-2010, 03:36 AM
Toy Story 3 is a perfect example of a great movie. It's enjoyable, doesn't pander to a particular audience and has a plot that just about everyone can relate to.

kimerajamm
06-24-2010, 05:00 AM
Little Pixar has essentially set an impossible standard for itself, having previously delivered the rare sequel that improves on the original. Perfect toys, story is great. view it at KOOKICA!

Marcus issavage
06-24-2010, 07:27 AM
Just watched it and it was pretty good. But did anyone else see Totoro? I went with my sister and mom and both thought I was weird for knowing who it was.

Neuman8tor
06-24-2010, 09:36 PM
Gonna go see it soon. Heard it was very good.

ZundayXx
06-25-2010, 11:46 AM
Im going to see it, ofcourse!! To bad RC vanished.

KillerBEA
06-25-2010, 11:22 PM
Just got back from seeing with my bro and sis, it really hit home because my bro just moved off to college and I am getting ready to do the same in a couple months. It was a huge nostalgic trip I am gonna purchase the game for 360 and PS3 for easy trophies/achievements but also to keep that awesome nostalgia alive. I have Toy story 1, need 2 but definitley will buy the blu-ray combo pack that is inevitably coming when 3 comes out of theaters and onto dvds so my kids in the future can watch them.

Takamura Bear
06-26-2010, 01:24 AM
I really can't wait to see this, just from all positive feedback it's getting. I loved the first one when I was a kid; bought the toys, the videogame, t-shirts, etc, and fell in love with the franchise. Watching Toy Story was like watching Jurassic Park; the first time you see it you're blown away by the visuals and the experience.

I saw Toy Story 2 and, while it was very, very good, I thought the first movie was still top dog.

Now a full grown man, Toy Story 3 is coming out in the UK soon, so you'd think someone my age would just say, "Na, this shit's too childish for me". Helll no. Toy Story will always have a place in my heart and I don't give a shit if anyone thinks I'm childish.

TwinTipZ
06-27-2010, 10:36 PM
I thought it was good, definitely a good date movie

SynysterChris
06-28-2010, 04:34 AM
I want to see this.

Takamura Bear
06-30-2010, 01:22 AM
Well I just looked at the ending on youtube, as I heard a lot of people found it sad. I'm somewhat glad I saw the ending before I go watch it in a cinema packed with other people...I haven't been this upset since Bambi. :(

I think I have something in my eye. :( :( :(

*sniff*

Tussell
06-30-2010, 04:09 AM
POSSIBLE SPOILERS

I wanted to see it with my buddies really bad, but it just so happened that it was released while I was in Florida with the family. So one of the nights while we were on vacation, we went to Downtown Disney, and went to see it at an AMC over there. We almost accidentally caught the non-3D one. Man... Would I have been pissed!

I loved every minute of it. It's a series that has been part of my life for quite some time. Since the release of the original to be exact. I mean, shit... I was six years old when the original one came out and ten when the second one came out. I've still popped them in on occasion, so passing up seeing the third one was definitely not happening!

I thought the new characters were great and it's always nice to see the old Toy Story gang. Loved how they didn't drop the occasional adult-geared jokes, yet still made it enjoyable for all ages. Was awesome to see some cameos as well, whether it be a voice or an actual appearance of things from prior films such as Sid and the Pizza Planet truck.

The one thing I thought would have been cool, however, was to leave more of an opening on this one. Though it's always possible that a sequel can break the reputation of an entire series, I think it could have gone in a really cool direction. Not that it still can't but I think had he not given the toys away so quick, they could have pushed a fourth one in which Andy gives the toys to his kids.

In conclusion, Toy Story 3 = Win. It's great to see a childhood favorite reappear on the big screen. It was also really cool to see the characters age at practically the same rate I have. If you haven't seen it, get your ass off the computer and go purchase a fucking ticket!

OG T UNIT
07-04-2010, 07:18 AM
So GOOD. We took my 4 year old niece, may have been a little sad for her at parts, but in the end she liked it almost as much as we did.

narutofan32121
07-04-2010, 11:30 PM
I throughly enjoyed it. As my stepmom said it had a little bit of everything within the story.

Sir JL
07-04-2010, 11:39 PM
Good movie, still sad that Jim Varney (Ernest goes to camp) couldn't do the voice of the slinky dog:(

Darth Grif55
07-05-2010, 01:25 AM
Best movie of the year, it's sad to see these characters go but Pixar plans on doing shorts with them...so yay!

Billy69
07-05-2010, 01:28 AM
I watched the first 2 when I was little and really liked them but now that Im older I don't think I'll be seeing this one