PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Discussion

L3giOn
04-13-2007, 04:19 PM
Discuss the achievements for Halo Wars here.

Eternal
12-28-2008, 02:23 AM
The achievement list isn't that bad. I wonder how long it's going to take to get to General rank on Live...

ASJ07
01-04-2009, 04:27 PM
General rank will probably take some time.

Barad
01-04-2009, 08:53 PM
the achievements look great on this game..very similar to halo 3 bt obviously in some way harder..

afunk117
01-08-2009, 08:31 AM
overall they seen pretty nice.

Dexter Live
01-13-2009, 10:14 PM
I love the names Thinkin' about my Doorbell and Rambin' Man

Chud 360
01-24-2009, 04:39 PM
I like the fact you can do the campaign in co-op and im glad theres an achievement for doing it. It should be good, everything is better in co-op

DemonI81
01-24-2009, 05:37 PM
Why are some of the pics in the list colored? Does that mean someone actually unlocked some achievements already? Wow.... I thought since x360a was so harsh on cheaters and pirates/thieves they wouldn't add stuff that was unlocked by such people. Oh well.

xxdanielt3
02-04-2009, 06:48 PM
Really looking forward to the game..but not counting as an easy 1000. Probably 100-150 hours for the general rank itself if your good.

milkbits
02-09-2009, 04:14 PM
I'm a bit confused about So Lonely at the Top - Win and have the Highest Score in a Matchmade Skirmish Game on XBOX LIVE

Would this be like the G.R.A.W achievements like Solo Champion - Climb to the top of the solo leaderboard?

It may be the way the achievement description is worded, or it could be my own 100% achievement paranoia...

Could someone clarify? Would I have to have the highest Score leaderboardwise to unlock this achievement?

Also N00b n0 M0r3 - Win a Matchmade Skirmish Game on Xbox LIVE seems like that should cover most of the aforementioned achievement, minus the high score... Would it even be possible to win a Skirmish without the highest score?

General Khazard
02-09-2009, 05:28 PM
I'm a bit confused about So Lonely at the Top - Win and have the Highest Score in a Matchmade Skirmish Game on XBOX LIVE

Would this be like the G.R.A.W achievements like Solo Champion - Climb to the top of the solo leaderboard?

It may be the way the achievement description is worded, or it could be my own 100% achievement paranoia...

Could someone clarify? Would I have to have the highest Score leaderboardwise to unlock this achievement?

Also N00b n0 M0r3 - Win a Matchmade Skirmish Game on Xbox LIVE seems like that should cover most of the aforementioned achievement, minus the high score... Would it even be possible to win a Skirmish without the highest score?

I think the highest score is for that particular skirmish game. And if it's a 3v3 match or something, then it's quite easy to win with less than the highest score.

BeeKay013
02-10-2009, 01:08 PM

I think the highest score is for that particular skirmish game. And if it's a 3v3 match or something, then it's quite easy to win with less than the highest score.

Right. It's only referring to the individual game's scores and not the entire ranking system.

Gaagie
02-11-2009, 09:35 PM
Pretty nice list with exception of the timed achievements :( hate time :P

TG Maduin
02-13-2009, 08:44 PM
The timed achs shouldn't be a problem I think. I got most of the missions on par time on my first playthrough, and I wasn't even going for clearing them fast. Many missions in the campaign are time limited anyway (defend for 20 minutes and such) so you can't really fail to beat the par time for them.

Robeyone
02-15-2009, 05:41 PM
Really looking forward to the game..but not counting as an easy 1000. Probably 100-150 hours for the general rank itself if your good.

The general achievement will take A LOT longer than that.

x0Shinydemon0x
02-16-2009, 12:32 AM
why? Do i not know something here? I wouldnt think it'd take THATT long, plus, i plan on playing it alot

and do the Mission:__ achievements mean u have to do it on that mission?

AND HOW DO U ALREADY HAVE THE GAME?????

Robeyone
02-16-2009, 02:37 AM
why? Do i not know something here? I wouldnt think it'd take THATT long, plus, i plan on playing it alot

and do the Mission:__ achievements mean u have to do it on that mission?

AND HOW DO U ALREADY HAVE THE GAME?????

Well that average game gets you maybe 2500 points, but let's be generous and say you get 5000 points instead.

So you need 3.2 million points to reach the level of general. That means you need 640 games at 5000 points to reach that level.

At 20 minutes a game, that would be short for 5000 points, you would have to play 213 hours.

At four hours a night that would be 53 days.

And that is winning EVERY game you play, and getting 5000 points.

At 2500 points a game, which is more reasonable...

That is 426 hours, or 106 days.

Again winning EVERY game you play, and getting 2500 points.

Problem is unlike Halo 3, this game doesn't match based on region, so if you want to boost you need to do it late at night and hope that you get matched with someone who does.

Realistically, this will take you about 6 to 8 months.

x0Shinydemon0x
02-16-2009, 11:42 PM
Well that average game gets you maybe 2500 points, but let's be generous and say you get 5000 points instead.

So you need 3.2 million points to reach the level of general. That means you need 640 games at 5000 points to reach that level.

At 20 minutes a game, that would be short for 5000 points, you would have to play 213 hours.

Problem is unlike Halo 3, this game doesn't match based on region, so if you want to boost you need to do it late at night and hope that you get matched with someone who does.

thx, i didnt kno how many points u needed. so...how DID u get the game already??

Ketama Gold
02-18-2009, 08:51 AM
me likey!!!

General Khazard
02-18-2009, 04:13 PM
thx, i didnt kno how many points u needed. so...how DID u get the game already??

EDIT: He works for MGS, confused him with someone else before. =P

Jumnious
02-18-2009, 07:02 PM
Think it will be possible to get all campaign achievements doing one co-op campaign play through?

Webb
02-18-2009, 07:25 PM
He got a promotional copy of it early for reviewing purposes.

Or he was part of the Halo Wars team *wink wink* *nudge nudge*

x0Shinydemon0x
02-19-2009, 01:57 AM
ahhh...there was a guy on the Halo Wars site who won it on a contest, so he started a thread....cool beans
gratz on getting it early

AnimeCommander
02-20-2009, 07:31 PM
My only concern is the online achievements look to take longer than I'm willing to take. If Robeyone's numbers are accurate, then I'm screwed as I really don't like playing RTSs online on the 360. I'm hoping for a good boosting method to minimize the time put in.

x0Shinydemon0x
02-21-2009, 01:05 AM

says the person who alrdy has 50/50 on this game....

Bubba Brad
02-21-2009, 01:38 AM
says the person who alrdy has 50/50 on this game....

In another thread he clearly says that he was a tester for the game and its achievements in order to clarify that they are all achievable and work (i.e. no bugs/glitches etc) so I guess he was required to get all the achievements for his job. Someone else also had the idea that he may have been linking two copies of the game online to boost the points quicker as it was achieved in a astoundingly quick time. Hope this clears up that an slows some queries for a while at least.

AnimeCommander
02-21-2009, 07:09 PM
In another thread he clearly says that he was a tester for the game and its achievements in order to clarify that they are all achievable and work (i.e. no bugs/glitches etc) so I guess he was required to get all the achievements for his job. Someone else also had the idea that he may have been linking two copies of the game online to boost the points quicker as it was achieved in a astoundingly quick time. Hope this clears up that an slows some queries for a while at least.
If he was a tester, then I'm sure they could have just given him whatever online status so that he only had to do the actual mark to unlock the achievement and not all the work up to that point.

And: "Problem is unlike Halo 3, this game doesn't match based on region, so if you want to boost you need to do it late at night and hope that you get matched with someone who does."

The other RTSs out there let you search for certain game criteria and let the host kick people. So you can setup a game that has few players online and have the host keep kicking until they get the partner. Now if they pulled hosting ranked matches, then yea, we're in trouble.

General Khazard
02-21-2009, 10:11 PM
If he was a tester, then I'm sure they could have just given him whatever online status so that he only had to do the actual mark to unlock the achievement and not all the work up to that point.

Except that would only prove that it unlocks under those conditions, and not if someone did all the work to get it. For all they knew there was a glitch where it unlocked early, or a glitch where experience stopped growing after you hit 1mil or something along those lines.

ZundayXx
02-21-2009, 10:15 PM
I wonder why Ensembles put such a ranking system in...

x0Shinydemon0x
02-21-2009, 11:58 PM
how do u get "Beaming With Pride? because Scarabs aren't jackable...

General Khazard
02-22-2009, 12:24 AM
how do u get "Beaming With Pride? because Scarabs aren't jackable...

It's been confirmed that in one of the missions you steal one. It's a scripted event.

BOMB SQUIRREL
02-26-2009, 03:18 PM
the skull guide tells me that on the 1 level the skull is on the left side before going in to alfa base i can't find it i dont even now what too look for ya a skull but how big or small is it i think iam stupid help pleace :(sorry for the spelling from belguim thx

General Khazard
02-26-2009, 05:25 PM
the skull guide tells me that on the 1 level the skull is on the left side before going in to alfa base i can't find it i dont even now what too look for ya a skull but how big or small is it i think iam stupid help pleace :(sorry for the spelling from belguim thx

Rooster Teeth's Achievement Hunters have already released a video guide for this, it can be found here (http://ah.roosterteeth.com/archive/episode.php?id=585). Geoff kind of rambles for awhile, but it's entertaining nonetheless.

benbam87
02-27-2009, 02:04 AM
the skull guide tells me that on the 1 level the skull is on the left side before going in to alfa base i can't find it i dont even now what too look for ya a skull but how big or small is it i think iam stupid help pleace :(sorry for the spelling from belguim thx It's In the area just before the final fight just near a downed Pelican. Just don't kill all your enemies and go straight back the way you came, you should see it near the wall

General Khazard
02-27-2009, 04:08 AM
It's In the area just before the final fight just near a downed Pelican. Just don't kill all your enemies and go straight back the way you came, you should see it near the wall

You also have to have killed 100 grunts for it to appear. This can be tricky, as marines that you haven't "rescued" may kill some of them before they're considered part of your army...

EiNe
02-28-2009, 08:11 AM
Hey guys I found a pretty decent way to get this achievement.
First of all select Captain Cutter as your main leader and vs the Arbiter.
Then select the 1v1 map Chasms.
The second the game starts get your start off Warthog to drive to the oter base.
Kill the ghost but most times it just backs off (Dont chase after it if it runs away.) Then start attacking the building he is making whislt at the same time making other warthogs at your base. And because your attacking his buildings he is making it wont complete and he wont be able to make more units to help defend his base. Then get your other warthogs to start attacking his main base while always having atleast one warthog attacking his buliding he is making. Slowly and steadily you will destroy his main base. Then simply destroy the ghost if you haven't already and you have yourself 10 gamerpoints.
Hope this helps you guys.
EiNe

GhOsT SLaYeR
02-28-2009, 09:39 AM

Realistically, this will take you about 6 to 8 months. really? officer ( 80 000 ) takes 2 hours??? so i could get general in 35 - 40 hours but its not worth it since u can beat oblivion under that time and get 1250 rather than 50 gs..

afunk117
03-03-2009, 02:09 AM
Sucks How you cant do Co op on the same console. otherwise i'd be an achievement up

LaZeR X137
03-05-2009, 02:30 PM
Ive got a question about the achievements "Mr. Punctual" and "Wall of Recognition". Can i mix up difficulties and coop play like i want?

knightsljx
03-07-2009, 01:01 AM
does anyone know, if i do 14 missions on legendary and the 15th on heroic, do i still get the heroic achievement or must i do the 14 missions again on heroic?

EvaIV
03-07-2009, 06:11 AM
i dont know why people always bitch about the skirmish achievments. they are easy but take time. oh my god so what take a little bt of time and play th game. if you really want the general achievment you know you will play it. Also does anybody know why my game has not been saving. ive done mission 08 about 3 times now because it wont save when i click save game.

Alter Ego
03-07-2009, 08:12 AM
im very clos to getting the 1,000,000 points in lifetime campaign score its now currently(rounding of) 850,000:uzi:

SooperSmurph
03-08-2009, 09:19 AM
The Titan achievement can be done in less than an hour. Follow the standard Grinding / Boosting strategy for multiplayer point boosting, one human (preferably Forge) player expands across the entire map, the other covenant player places a hero and two scarabs in the center of the map, the human player then should produce nothing but Elephants from every base with a global rally point in the center of the map, these are worth 20 points each for the kill, if he has extra $, have him set up a factory and produce Scorpions, which are also 20 points each. When you're ready to end the game, reset the global rally for outside the human main, have the Scarabs walk around the map killing the expansions, and lastly the main with all the units. Each 1 hour game of grinding this way produces 40-60k points, depending on how fast you can set up.

Remember, the key to getting into games together is removing the other player from your f-list, and only maintaining a private conversation. Use Death Match of course for the high starting resources and lower matchmaking population.

If the Covenant player runs his hero around the map killing the AI and sets up an early expansion, it's that much faster to get the 2 Scarabs into the center of the map with their Engineer backup. Simply Self-Destruct your expansion when your boosting partner is ready to take it over for resources.

thai42o
03-20-2009, 06:22 PM
does anyone know, if i do 14 missions on legendary and the 15th on heroic, do i still get the heroic achievement or must i do the 14 missions again on heroic?

You'll still get the heroic achievement. You can mix up your games between the 2 and co-op as long as you finish every mission on heroic or higher your good.

BANE 11771
03-21-2009, 03:35 AM
the best achievment i would say would be (beaming with pride) and the funniest would be (OMG BFF FTW)

Funnypinoy87
03-27-2009, 02:26 AM
I don't think I'll do well in this game for achievements.

Seems like too much work..

Knightmare OO7
04-05-2009, 03:25 AM
Does turning on skulls disable achievements?

GSWaRrIoRx510
04-05-2009, 06:59 AM
Can you get Walk Off Winner in skirmish mode? I tried three times and it didn't really work out :/

Kahler Hahn
04-06-2009, 09:24 AM
for "ready for the sequel" do u need gold in every mission on every difficulty?

cassetto
04-09-2009, 05:25 PM
no.

gosh i have done 1 week, 4 hours a day online and i've got only 100,000/3,200,000

i think this will require YEARS.....

WRM5567
04-10-2009, 08:14 PM
And for added info on all the skimish achievements that you do offline. Make sure you have the AI at heroic or it won't count. Took me some tries for me to get it once I figured out which level I should have it at.

TinhornAdekunle
04-12-2009, 08:55 PM
this is about the achievement mr. punctual. if u get par time on some of the missions on legendary and some on heroic will u get it. and does activating skulls affect this achievements

I Am The Clarkie
04-15-2009, 05:14 AM
Hey, can u get the Mr. Punctual achievement while doing when heroic or Co-OP or do u have to od it by yourself on heroic?

TinhornAdekunle
04-17-2009, 03:22 PM
you have to do it on heroic or legendary
it doesnt matter if it co-op or not

XPsYcHoX
05-18-2009, 04:50 PM
The achievement list isn't that bad. I wonder how long it's going to take to get to General rank on Live...
It takes 100+ hours of annoying work for this 50G

XPsYcHoX
05-18-2009, 04:52 PM
this is about the achievement mr. punctual. if u get par time on some of the missions on legendary and some on heroic will u get it. and does activating skulls affect this achievements
Ya I think that you should do it on heroic co-op because I know from what I'm doing it can be annoying to try it on legendary.

chriscutis
05-19-2009, 07:31 PM
My question, and I think that poster, is whether or not it mixes and matches for Mr. Punctual as I can attest it does for Wall of Recognition, I got golds on easy in every mission on co-op except for two, I got gold on those two on easy and got Wall, and have been trying for par time on legendary, but it'd obviously be easier to beat it on legendary then go for whichever ones you didnt get in par time on heroic, like mission 5, managed to beat it on leg but not in par time... I'd imagine the game does mix and match so that as soon as you have beaten every mission in par time on heroic and/or legendary you'll get the achievement, but can anyone clarify for certain?

RPG117
06-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Hi All
Just wondering if anyone knows when there will be another add-on to Halo Wars. I've downloaded the Strategic Options Pack and have completed those Achievements. I am working on the co-op Achievement and have given up on the General achievement. But when I am on the menu screen of Halo Wars it says that I've completed 52 of 58 achievements. On the xbox desktop it says I have finished 52 of 54. Any info would be great. Cheers

Insane Sugar Rush
06-23-2009, 10:23 PM
Is it possible to boost "So Lonely at the Top"? I really am quite terrible at this game online

cazelle
06-27-2009, 01:30 PM
Im new to the fourm so if this is not in the right place sorry.Could somebody please explain the titan achievement and how to get it.
I know to get 20000 pts in skirmish match but cant seem to get it.

Telexen
07-02-2009, 12:22 PM
How long should it take to get the General ranking now after the update? If you need 2.4 million points, and you can earn at most 4,000 per game...that's 600 games ... but what's the minimum amount of time a game would last for me to earn the 4,000?

I haven't played the game yet.

homerjlogan
07-02-2009, 06:02 PM
it depends on many factors. basically, the more units you destroy and the fewer units you get destroyed, the more you earn at the end.

AnimeCommander
07-02-2009, 09:55 PM
How long should it take to get the General ranking now after the update? If you need 2.4 million points, and you can earn at most 4,000 per game...that's 600 games ... but what's the minimum amount of time a game would last for me to earn the 4,000?

I haven't played the game yet.
I've got it down to about 30 minutes in a standard build up.

Telexen
07-03-2009, 12:11 PM
so 300 hours at least....mind you I'm talking about boosting with 2 consoles.

AnimeCommander
07-03-2009, 04:09 PM
so 300 hours at least....mind you I'm talking about boosting with 2 consoles.
Base points * multiplier = Points per match
2,400,000 / points per match = total matches
Total matches * 30 = total time

4000 * 8.4 = 33600
2400000 / 33600 = about 71.5
71.5 * 30 = 2145 minutes = about 35.75 hours

Double that if you're playing with someone else who is after the achievement.

Telexen
07-04-2009, 10:00 PM
Base points * multiplier = Points per match
2,400,000 / points per match = total matches
Total matches * 30 = total time

4000 * 8.4 = 33600
2400000 / 33600 = about 71.5
71.5 * 30 = 2145 minutes = about 35.75 hours

Double that if you're playing with someone else who is after the achievement.

Ah...didn't know there was any kind of multiplayer...figured it was 4000 points per match max.

I actually have 2 consoles and could pick up another copy of the game that I could sell after...but do they ban for boosting like that in this game?

aufiboi
07-27-2009, 05:07 PM
for some reason private matches (boosting with a buddy) do not count to my rank on the stats screen - is that possible !?! :eek:

i've won an open game today with a score of 4.400 and it did count towards a higher rank .. so i'm wondering now, is it impossible to boost points??!!

turnaway
08-19-2009, 02:45 AM
i FINALLY got the everythings better than bacon..so annoying but finally got it

41/50 so far almost there general is gonna be annoying D=

justindcovey
09-20-2009, 05:22 PM
Does anyone have any tips on getting Gold on the second mission. Its the only one I need to get the achievment and the only thing keeping me from Ready For The Sequel. I nearly missed it by 2 points but have'nt gotten close since. Any helpful strategies would be nice.

kingkongkyle
11-25-2009, 07:18 AM
u can boost this game if u have dlc. not many people bought either one because "they are not worth it" or "800ms points for 100G?" or people are all to broke lol but if u and another player search at the same time in the same gametype then the chances u find your partner are very high. if u want to try this method message me. i am also looking for a campaign partner to play on legendary gt: kingkongkyle

OMG is LorY InsiDe me
11-28-2009, 06:31 AM
i need help for the achievments: Killjoy and Drain Cleaner

Durdens Wrath
08-22-2010, 04:28 AM
How do you get epic grinder? Does it count co-op as well as solo?

Edited: Never mind. It does count both.

MixMaker1
08-24-2010, 08:21 AM
Does anyone have any tips on getting Gold on the second mission. Its the only one I need to get the achievment and the only thing keeping me from Ready For The Sequel. I nearly missed it by 2 points but have'nt gotten close since. Any helpful strategies would be nice.
Speed through it then turn all the skulls which multiply on right before you destroy the final thing in that level. You'll get all the multipliers to kick in and get well over the amount. Also build up your base (not that much available at the start) to it's full capacity. Upgrade tanks all the way.

The skulls are key - turn the ones on at the very end (the top half).

ReapingEcho
10-01-2010, 02:27 PM
Most of these achievements in this game are easy or just time consuming. Boosted my General rank up to almost what it required before the update to lower it to what it is now and luckily my little bro is very good and loves this game so legendary was a breeze achievement for me and him.

SPECTER723
10-30-2012, 01:24 AM
I got the "Running the Show" achievement this past saturday. I did it all in one day. 2 XBox's, 2 TV's. In each game: 5 min to set everything up, 20 min of boosting while watching tv or listening to music, rinse, repeat. It was agonizing but I churned this one out in one day

Manb3arSquirrel
11-11-2014, 09:24 PM
One of the only Halo games that I have never played. I would rather like to play it if I had the chance, although, of course, it isn't really anything like the other games. haha

makota niehe
11-16-2014, 11:32 AM
I got the "Running the Show" achievement this past saturday. I did it all in one day. 2 XBox's, 2 TV's. In each game: 5 min to set everything up, 20 min of boosting while watching tv or listening to music, rinse, repeat. It was agonizing but I churned this one out in one day

Pretty good way of doing it, good job. I wanted to go this route though my friends considered it too close to cheating and wouldn't lend me their console.