PDA

View Full Version : Tips for online?

superfly275
06-20-2010, 02:57 AM
I am not good at this game online.. almost every game I play in the OWC, I get dominated by some guy using England or another 5* team.

So, does anyone that is better than myself have any general tips for better play?

Smashing Impacts
06-20-2010, 03:10 AM
Make the ball do the work. Pass it around. You are going to be the weaker side so you won't be able to out-run the defenders or take everyone on. When you do pass the ball around, expose the space left by the opponent for through balls.

sEffekt
06-24-2010, 09:43 AM
yup. i get dominated all the time too. just now i lost 1:6
:(

im just going to keep practicing until i can comfortably defeat any team in world class difficulty.

FamiDude
06-24-2010, 09:51 AM
Know the other teams weakness, like if the defenders are slow, whether they're any good in the air etc.

A few of us are hopefully doing a boosting session today so try and get on for it.

jtonkin
06-27-2010, 03:22 PM
You also need to practice ball control. One of my problems was conceding the ball to easily whenever I was challenged, especially when playing against a fast team. When the other player is charging you, out manuver him instead of out running him. Once you get the hang of it, he will run past you and give you more time to pass it around.

Just think keep away. They can't score if they don't have the ball.

Holding the left trigger when someone gets close to you then moving the right stick around allows you to have a tight controlled dribble. As long as your player is in between the ball and the opposition, you will keep the ball. This method takes a lot of patience but it's the best way to compete against a speedy opponent.

DmAuViIrD
06-28-2010, 12:34 AM
Dont play against 5 star teams in the group stage, alot of people use 4 star teams, just wait til u get matched up against one of them, then exploit there weakness with your teams strength

Darf Spud
07-04-2010, 10:09 AM
I always get owned on OWC. In single player I can cope with World Class and Legendary, but no matter who I play as online I get my arse kicked (although I never play as team with more than 3.5 stars). I try passing more, dribbling more...... nothing works.