PDA

View Full Version : Here's hoping...

schrodog
06-20-2010, 07:59 PM
I hope that they do the same thing they did with Rock Band 2 and let you import all the songs from rock band 2 and rock band Beatles to rock band 3 because i don't want to be left with out them and i don't want to have to use different disks and what not to switch to those songs.

mikachu93
06-20-2010, 08:03 PM
I hope that they do the same thing they did with Rock Band 2 and let you import all the songs from rock band 2 and rock band Beatles to rock band 3 because i don't want to be left with out them and i don't want to have to use different disks and what not to switch to those songs.
The Beatles will not export. Period. Rock Band 2 will.

normalipromise
06-20-2010, 08:41 PM
Everything else should. There have been articles stating that everything that can go onto rock band 2 can go to rock band 3. Just don't expect pro-mode for guitar, just drums (if anything).

kiyoshioni
06-22-2010, 10:29 PM
Im hoping they figure out a way to do pro mode for guitar in the future. I wouldnt know how they would do it, just hoping they will.

~Kiyoshi

TwistedFate
06-22-2010, 11:19 PM
Im hoping they figure out a way to do pro mode for guitar in the future. I wouldnt know how they would do it, just hoping they will.

~Kiyoshi

It would require recoding all guitar tracks released to date. It won't happen. Too much work, for too little return.

animeaddict42
06-28-2010, 03:31 AM
Everything else should. There have been articles stating that everything that can go onto rock band 2 can go to rock band 3. Just don't expect pro-mode for guitar, just drums (if anything).

Drums have been confirmed as backwards compatible for pro mode, or at least "most" of them.

bmaick
06-29-2010, 03:24 AM
It is almost impossible to re-tab all the DLC and RB1 and 2 just to get the keyboard and Pro features. Only drums works out because they change the square notes to circle notes up to identify the cymbal notes. But with the guitar is unthinkable to add real guitar tabs to 1000+ songs.

frogcrazyant
08-09-2010, 01:38 AM
Rock Band I, Rock Band 2, and all of the Track Packs and ACDC and all your downloaded songs, plus Rock Band Lego will be on there. Just not Beatles. Not sure about Green Day..

frogcrazyant
08-09-2010, 01:40 AM
Actually, ^^ my bad, thats just an assumption. I just remembered that putting +1000 songs to keyboard and Pro Mode is absolutely crazy.

mikachu93
08-09-2010, 05:14 PM
Rock Band I, Rock Band 2, and all of the Track Packs and ACDC and all your downloaded songs, plus Rock Band Lego will be on there. Just not Beatles. Not sure about Green Day..

Actually, ^^ my bad, thats just an assumption. I just remembered that putting +1000 songs to keyboard and Pro Mode is absolutely crazy.
All songs released to the main platform (meaning all Not-Beatles songs) will export into and work in Rock Band 3. The only exceptions are the three songs from Rock Band that didn't make the export (the Run to the Hills cover, the Paranoid cover, and Enter Sandman).

No song released before Rock Band 3 will have Pro guitar, Pro bass, keyboards in any form, or harmonies. Green Day is the only exception, with harmonies charted in all of their songs.

Kellwolf9E
08-11-2010, 03:16 PM

GD will work, and from what I've read on the interwebs, the harmonies will also transfer.

LeftHanded Matt
08-22-2010, 10:09 PM
No song released before Rock Band 3 will have Pro guitar, Pro bass, keyboards in any form, or harmonies. Green Day is the only exception, with harmonies charted in all of their songs.

I can't remember when or where, but I recall reading ages ago that the Queen DLC pack released last year had harmony information included. Can anybody confirm that?

mikachu93
08-22-2010, 10:42 PM
I can't remember when or where, but I recall reading ages ago that the Queen DLC pack released last year had harmony information included. Can anybody confirm that?
There are no harmonies in any song besides the Green Day tracks.

Poisonheadcrab
08-23-2010, 10:44 PM

They will not be compatible. However, I read that Harmonix is going to the community to determine what DLC will become "legacy DLC" and the Queen pack was the most asked for (with Boston close behind).

SebastianSB
08-24-2010, 12:03 AM
They will not be compatible. However, I read that Harmonix is going to the community to determine what DLC will become "legacy DLC" and the Queen pack was the most asked for (with Boston close behind).

HMX is asking the community what Legacy DLC should be updated, not what should become Legacy DLC.

Legacy DLC refers to all pre-RB3 DLC.