PDA

View Full Version : Impending Doom new ALBUM!!!

xliferuinerx
06-20-2010, 08:10 PM
I was wondering what everyone thought about the new impending doom album that is soon to be released in July. I personally really liked the song they released on their myspace called the great fear.

Angry Tom
06-20-2010, 11:30 PM
Define irony. Idiot band spreading the message of christianity through music primarily based on satanic themes.

Just sayin'...

ApochWeiss
06-25-2010, 05:11 AM
Well, this is my opinion on the last album.
http://apochs.net/CDs/ImpendingDoom-TheSerpentsServant.html

If the new one is gonna be like that, I don't wanna play.

Angry Tom
06-25-2010, 05:21 PM
It just occurred to me. Impending Doom are Whitechapel in disguises!

ApochWeiss
06-25-2010, 08:31 PM
It just occurred to me. Impending Doom are Whitechapel in disguises!

...Don't insult Whitechapel like that. Especially after their new album was actually REALLY good.

Angry Tom
06-26-2010, 11:07 PM
...Don't insult Whitechapel like that. Especially after their new album was actually REALLY good.

I wasn't feeling it myself, it just sounded like more of the same. Although it is quite noticeably better than This Is Exile. I wasn't getting any OOMPH from it, which is what I'm getting from the new Acacia Strain stuff. When music gives me a hard on I know it's good.

Punisher11292
06-27-2010, 07:10 PM

The only people who appreciate music like Whitechapel are people who hardcore dance and/or have a sidefringe. Real metalheads don't give vulgar excuses for pathetic bands like this a second glance. Deathcore is a stupid excuse for a heavy metal subgenre. To claim Deathcore has any connection to Death Metal is an insult to it's father genre. 'Core' music is what's killing metal.

Caspiel
06-27-2010, 07:12 PM
The only people who appreciate music like Whitechapel are people who hardcore dance and/or have a sidefringe. Real metalheads don't give vulgar excuses for pathetic bands like this a second glance. Deathcore is a stupid excuse for a heavy metal subgenre. To claim Deathcore has any connection to Death Metal is an insult to it's father genre. 'Core' music is what's killing metal.

I second this statement.

Smoochy
06-28-2010, 03:43 PM
Lol @ the two elitists above me.

There are some good deathcore bands out there, you just have to actually look past the popular ones of the genre (Impending Doom, Bring Me The Horizon, and Suicide Silence just to name a few).

ApochWeiss
06-29-2010, 02:39 AM

I second this statement.

How about you swallow a cyanide pill and then duct tape your mouth shut. Leave that elitist point of view at home. I know deathcore is not everyone's cup of tea, but Whitechapel is pretty talented compared to, oh, Waking the Cadaver on their debut material (new album was actually good)

Whitechapel's new album is Death Metal. Straight forward. And it's pretty good. So, before you open your mouth, open your ears.

There are some good deathcore bands out there, you just have to actually look past the popular ones of the genre (Impending Doom, Whitechapel, Job For A Cowboy, Bring Me The Horizon, and Suicide Silence just to name a few).

Honestly, many deathcore acts are starting to go Death Metal. Pisses me off because most are just following in JFaC's footsteps, which angers me greatly moreso then shitty lazy breakdowns and amateurish music. However, in their defense Whitechapel and JFaC have matured nicely. Suicide Silence sucks now and went the route of early Job for a Cowboy, and BMTH...well...there's just no hope for these guys, ever. I also can't see much from Impending Doom but they're far more tolerably then BMtH I suppose.

Angry Tom
06-29-2010, 03:16 AM

I second this statement.

Please remove yourselves from existence. Your ignorance is not welcomed here.

Smoochy
06-29-2010, 02:17 PM
Honestly, many deathcore acts are starting to go Death Metal. Pisses me off because most are just following in JFaC's footsteps, which angers me greatly moreso then shitty lazy breakdowns and amateurish music. However, in their defense Whitechapel and JFaC have matured nicely. Suicide Silence sucks now and went the route of early Job for a Cowboy, and BMTH...well...there's just no hope for these guys, ever. I also can't see much from Impending Doom but they're far more tolerably then BMtH I suppose.

Couldn't agree more.

In all honesty, the only Whitechapel album I didn't care for was This Is Exile. Their new album is great, and for some reason, I enjoy The Somatic Defilement quite a bit. Never was a big JFaC fan, but they're talented guys, so I have to give them some credit.

I was once guilty of liking Impending Doom, Suicide Silence, and BMTH, however.

which is what I'm getting from the new Acacia Strain stuff. When music gives me a hard on I know it's good. The new Acacia Strain stuff is getting me fucking excited. Gonna preorder a t-shirt/cd package this Friday.

Angry Tom
06-29-2010, 09:52 PM
I was once guilty of liking Impending Doom, Suicide Silence, and BMTH, however.

Seconded.

However, I'm guessing I'm forgiven for this blasphemy, simply because I have wished Vanflip x 1000 on all of these bands.

xliferuinerx
07-07-2010, 08:52 AM
hell yeah the new tas is sick! Im going to the summer slaughter tour on july 16th and then see as i lay dying and TAS and some others on the 23rd and the vans warped tour to see whitechapel and some others on the 28th!

also whitechapel's new cd has the vocalist from tas in it as well as the vocalist from deftones.