PDA

View Full Version : Tip for beating the game on HARD mode

discostu1337
06-21-2010, 01:05 AM
You can complete the chapters on any difficulty (I did the Decepticons on medium) and then simply reload the last checkpoint in each chapter on HARD. Much easier than attempting the entire game on HARD, so have fun! :)

MADasaHatter
06-21-2010, 02:14 AM
huh!

Well that sounds pretty nice for nabbing those cheevs. Don't have the game yet- 48 hours and counting- but thanks for the tip.:)

KostinKid
06-21-2010, 02:16 AM
That is so baller! Thanks, can't wait to try it out.

:drunk

Jim Auh Thee
06-21-2010, 02:46 AM
okay im buyin this game for sure now!!!!

BWIK
06-21-2010, 03:06 AM
haha nice.. really excited for this game

Painkiller Q8
06-21-2010, 06:58 AM
You can complete the chapters on any difficulty (I did the Decepticons on medium) and then simply reload the last checkpoint in each chapter on HARD. Much easier than attempting the entire game on HARD, so have fun! :)

Wow thanks.. I was about to play the whole game on hard..
But wait, you mean I can select any chickpoint in any level?
And to switch it to hard??

swizzzzy
06-21-2010, 12:46 PM
I can confirm this. Just played coop with somebody who had gone through both campaigns on easy (I hadn't finished yet), let him be host and pick the levels/checkpoints on hard difficulty, and when we were done it showed as having played through the level on hard. Only thing though, if you are playing coop, it doesn't unlock the checkpoints for that chapter for you. Just keep that in mind.

Paranormal Paramore
06-21-2010, 04:15 PM
Fan-TASTIC.

That's an interesting trick, thanks for sharing! I'll probably pick this one up at midnight.

Deathr0t
06-21-2010, 05:39 PM
I can confirm this. Just played coop with somebody who had gone through both campaigns on easy (I hadn't finished yet), let him be host and pick the levels/checkpoints on hard difficulty, and when we were done it showed as having played through the level on hard. Only thing though, if you are playing coop, it doesn't unlock the checkpoints for that chapter for you. Just keep that in mind.

So I can play the game all way through on easy then go back to each chapter and load the last of the listed checkpoints for each level on Hard? Except in coop?

normalipromise
06-21-2010, 06:56 PM
I love broken street dates.

Mars Renegade
06-21-2010, 09:24 PM
You can do this sure, but I'd recommend playing through the whole thing on Hard. I finished it with little to no issues and found it to be quite enjoyable.

gunhero
06-22-2010, 03:42 AM
Any tips on beating supreme on hard? Seems pretty difficult.

gunhero
06-22-2010, 02:11 PM
Nevermind, managed to beat him by running back and forth at the other side of where you start from while blasting.

jimbo913
06-22-2010, 08:04 PM
I wonder how long before this is patched out.

ashoholic
06-22-2010, 08:45 PM
Hasn't worked for me yet? I will try and play it on a different account.

shizomac
06-22-2010, 09:55 PM
nice find, but this game really isnt that "hard" on Hard anyways..

abe_mecca
06-23-2010, 12:08 AM
The game isnt even hard on hard. The ONLY part that causes some stress is the last boss fight, and even that is minimal until you find his pattern

neok182
06-23-2010, 07:34 PM
damn good to know if hard starts giving me and my friends trouble. thanks for the find!

discostu1337
06-23-2010, 08:48 PM
You guys saying that the game is not hard are crazy. The last boss for Autobots is unbeatable on anything past easy, and even that was rough. My friend and I just wasted an hour on hard and 30 min on medium and almost killed him 1 time on medium. He is not beatable until they fix the control issues in this game, or someone posts a glitch video showing where to hide and shoot. I managed to beat everything else solo on Hard, but this is not happening.

XCVii 007
06-23-2010, 09:19 PM
You guys saying that the game is not hard are crazy. The last boss for Autobots is unbeatable on anything past easy, and even that was rough. My friend and I just wasted an hour on hard and 30 min on medium and almost killed him 1 time on medium. He is not beatable until they fix the control issues in this game, or someone posts a glitch video showing where to hide and shoot. I managed to beat everything else solo on Hard, but this is not happening.

YouTube- Transformers: WFC - Trypticon Final Boss (Solo on Hard Difficulty) - Part 01
YouTube- Transformers: WFC - Trypticon Final Boss (Solo on Hard Difficulty) - Part 02

discostu1337
06-24-2010, 03:29 AM
nice videos, they actually worked!

Goldengreg
07-21-2010, 12:30 AM
Got the game today, and there was an update for it...

Does the glitch still works? Thanks!

xcrimsonlegendx
07-21-2010, 02:09 AM
I went for hard as soon as I got it and beat it before anyone found this glitch, oh well at least I can say I did it legit. It's really not that hard.

dougtaylor625
07-21-2010, 02:30 AM
You can do this sure, but I'd recommend playing through the whole thing on Hard. I finished it with little to no issues and found it to be quite enjoyable.

I agree this is a lot of fun and challenging on Hard, but nice find on the way around the achievements. (Don't like to call it a glitch) :p

Goldengreg
07-21-2010, 09:00 AM
Well i'm a big fan of Transformers, of achievements, but I'm terrible with this game, that's why I asked if the Easy => Hard tips still works after the update.
I hope someone can answer me!

Thanks!

jedink
07-25-2010, 09:43 AM
i just re did the game from the start after beating medium...its a challenge for sure...the one stage i truely hated on hard mode was chapter 8 where ratchet needed to be defended as he was healing omega...u do not know what hard is until u attempt chapter viii on hard mode...it took hours >.>
but ya easy way is handy for those who want quick access to all achieves.

AltarofPlagues
07-26-2010, 01:22 AM
I played the whole game through on hard. Maybe im just not a pussy.

AltarofPlagues
07-26-2010, 01:24 AM
I went for hard as soon as I got it and beat it before anyone found this glitch, oh well at least I can say I did it legit. It's really not that hard.

Amen brother. I reckon ive played you dude. I recognise the name. Reckon you brutalised me as a soldier once or twice. its ok though, s'all in the aim of fun.

White Rhino
07-27-2010, 11:04 AM
I actually just played through the last checkpoint of the first Decepticon campaign on Hard and beat it first try. But when I looked at the symbol above that shows what difficulty that campaign was beat on, it showed the Medium symbol.

I don't know if they fixed it or not. Was actually kind of fun and challenging. Eh, if the "glitch" or "workaround" or whatever was patched not to work, I'll just go for it with friends.

Edit: Disregard my previous statement; on loading up my game the other day I saw that the first level of the Decepticon campaign was indeed shown as cleared on Hard.

As for the people saying it's "not that difficult" and "don't be a pussy," I say that difficulty is partially determined by how skillful a player is at the game. Some people have more or less skill than you, so be nice.

imochacub
07-28-2010, 07:42 PM
wow haha, thats all there is to say about this conversaqtion...just beat it in hard, it isnt that difficult

Hoffasgrave
07-29-2010, 08:01 AM
i just re did the game from the start after beating medium...its a challenge for sure...the one stage i truely hated on hard mode was chapter 8 where ratchet needed to be defended as he was healing omega...u do not know what hard is until u attempt chapter viii on hard mode...it took hours >.>
but ya easy way is handy for those who want quick access to all achieves. I know your pain I HATE that level :mad: but I played it on hard all the way with friends, playing with a good team that knows how to play and you will do fine, I played the last stage of the autobots with a friend that was new to the game and the final stage took forever, but playing with 2 others that played it already and talked as a team took 15 mins and that was cause I was lazy and thought I could kill the tail by transforming in front of it over and over again lol :drunkbut still 15mins.

While I agree it's nice to say I beat the game on hard, but sometimes if a games proves to be to frustrating I will tone down the level. I rather beat it and have fun then not beat it at all cause I can't get past a part in the game.

jedink
07-29-2010, 08:12 AM
I know your pain I HATE that level :mad: but I played it on hard all the way with friends, playing with a good team that knows how to play and you will do fine, I played the last stage of the autobots with a friend that was new to the game and the final stage took forever, but playing with 2 others that played it already and talked as a team took 15 mins and that was cause I was lazy and thought I could kill the tail by transforming in front of it over and over again lol :drunkbut still 15mins.

While I agree it's nice to say I beat the game on hard, but sometimes if a games proves to be to frustrating I will tone down the level. I rather beat it and have fun then not beat it at all cause I can't get past a part in the game.

hmm tis true. pushing your self to the limit is what gamers do best lol :P
but a step backwards is sometimes the only way to step foward.