PDA

View Full Version : The Road

SynysterChris
06-21-2010, 12:21 PM
Anyone see the movie, The Road? I thought it was pretty good. Though I didn't care for his son. And thought the sons character was kinda out of place. The son who was born already after the apocalypse, I think wouldn't have been not so caring about others because his father was always telling him to be tough.

Though I guess it could have been different when his mother was still alive, and his father still had hope.

So anyone else see this like it or not?

B1GM13
06-21-2010, 01:16 PM
i do still really want to see this, yet at the same time i want to read the book first as book is always better then film / tv iteration.

when this comes down in price on dvd i think i'll get it or wait for it on Sky Movies or something.

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
06-21-2010, 01:19 PM
The mothers story in the film is mentioned alot more then in the book and of course being a film you have to know who the father and son are etc where as in the book you don't know whether they are white/black etc or names or anything.

Good film though, worth a watch anyway and a good story although I have always felt it could have had more apocalypse explanation as it was done vaguely.

PointPlaceWI
06-21-2010, 01:19 PM
i do still really want to see this, yet at the same time i want to read the book first as book is always better then film / tv iteration.

when this comes down in price on dvd i think i'll get it or wait for it on Sky Movies or something.

Yeah, I've the read the book but haven't seen the movie either. The book was enjoyable when you could understand it. But, didn't uhhh... Viggity Viggo Viggers Voogy Vogotitiy.. Whatever his name is get nominated for an Oscar or a Golden Globe for his role?

Sambuca Queen
06-22-2010, 08:33 PM
I got this with Book of Eli. The Road is fantastic, but not because its post apoloyptic (sp) but because of the relationship and bond between The Man and The Boy. I went and got the book as Im loving Cormac McCarthy films. He creates perfect stories and amazing characters.

The cannibul (sp) house freaked me out the most, the cellar was just wrong and disturbing! But also the flashbacks are great cause you do wonder how people in families really cope in those situations. Usually in future apoloypse films its a single character with no family, but The Road questions family matters.

DarthSoth
06-22-2010, 10:11 PM

If given the choice I will always watch the movie first. I just find that I am able to enjoy both versions that way. Often times if I read a book first then I go into the movie and characters don't fit who they got to act for them, and or I really notice all the missing parts. IF I read the book after watching the movie then I just easily picture the actors in the novels roles and it is like getting the extended edition with all the extras that the movie leaves out.

I've just found that I am able to enjoy both the book and the movie that way. Often times if I've read the book first it just ruins the movie for me.

k1lls1gn
06-23-2010, 06:17 AM
SPOILER ALERT

This movie was garbage... they didnt even tell you in the movie how the world became that way and how it happened, and after they left the bomb shelter.... i lost interest and couldnt beleive that, such idiots.

HarperBird
06-23-2010, 11:35 AM
SPOILER ALERT

This movie was garbage... they didnt even tell you in the movie how the world became that way and how it happened, and after they left the bomb shelter.... i lost interest and couldnt beleive that, such idiots.

Seriously though the fact that you don't know what happen is good in itself but i thought it was a awesome film but was really quite depressing!