View Full Version : split/second

lil d 916
06-21-2010, 11:28 PM
is way better

so far this game sucks

:(

Dla911
06-22-2010, 12:09 AM
From what i hear as soon as you Master the drift in Split/second you have mastered the game and it gets boarding after that, What i hear and read in a lot of reviews

half
06-22-2010, 09:37 AM
Well I may pick Split Second up when it comes down in price. Shame it came out so close to the release of Blur. I'll try both out before passing judgement. But I wasn't very impressed from the demo of Split second compared to the Blur one. Seemed way more fun.

T FUNK 1984
06-22-2010, 09:42 AM
is way better

so far this game sucks

Why does this suck compared to Split/Second? I've got S/S and love it, was thinking about getting Blur as well.

b3nnyth3gr33k
06-22-2010, 09:42 AM
i swapped just cause 2 for split/second and its really good
and OP like your megan fox sig

red mist 85
06-22-2010, 11:25 AM
I've got both. Split/second is fun while it lasts, but it lacks the longevity of blur. Blur is a hell of a lot of fun online and theoretically can last forever. I've been playing online for about 4 weeks solid now and I'm still not bored of it. Every race is different. The single player's ok, but not as good as multiplayer.

Split/second's single player probably has the edge, but like I said, it's fairly short lived and lacks the variety of tracks that blur has. It's not bad online, but it can't compete with blur in that departement. I took me about 10 days to get the full 1000 gamer points out of it and I wasn't rushing either. Then I got blur and I've been playing it ever since. I'll probably pick up split/second for another blast online now and again, but I can see myself playing blur online indefinately. For me blur is the better game overall and if you were to get one I'd recommend that. Split/second's definately worth a go though. Maybe a rental or when it comes down in price if you're unsure.

Nearro
06-22-2010, 12:24 PM
I have both and will agree with red mist.

Single player, Split/Second does seem a lot more engaging. They definitely did a great job with making you feel like you are right there in the game. But, once you have mastered each of the cars "tricks", if you will, and learned which one is best for each track, it does become quite trivial.

Blur's single player is a bit different, definitely has much more replay factor to it, as you can go back and earn more fans on races you have mastered. I will fault Split/Second for that, once you get first in all the races in an episode, there really is no reason to go back to it, apart from the achievements.

Both are great racing-style games. If you like big flashy explosions, Split/Second is amazing. If you're looking for a game that a lot of your friends can join in and challenge you on, Blur is definitely setup for that. And, if you cannot decide, you cannot go wrong snagging both of them. :)

Kelly93
06-22-2010, 12:29 PM
From the demos Blur was far better.. Still considering buying split second though.

jeffy x360a
06-23-2010, 05:30 AM
i finished split second in no time i really enjoyed it. im working on forza 3 now and may come to blur after forza unless something else catches my attention.

nytelyte
06-23-2010, 07:14 AM
I'll put it simply.

You're only playing single player? S/S may have a tiny tiny edge atop of Blur.
Are you even *CONSIDERING* playing multiplayer? Get Blur or you're stupid.

mcintoish
06-23-2010, 11:02 AM
Well I may pick Split Second up when it comes down in price. Shame it came out so close to the release of Blur. I'll try both out before passing judgement. But I wasn't very impressed from the demo of Split second compared to the Blur one. Seemed way more fun.

game were doing it for 24.99 last saturday as thats when i got it :)

inmuse
06-23-2010, 11:37 PM
I grabbed Split/Second and my experience is similar to others. The multiplayer was horrible and the singleplayer was enjoyable for the short time before I got 1st place in every race. I'd say Split/Second would be an awesome rental.

Blur on the other hand has a decent singleplayer that will have you replaying levels to hit fan levels, get 1st place on hard difficulty, etc. The multiplayer in Blur is far superior in my opinion. The multiplayer is what takes Blur from a rental game to a purchase game.

Harry Lloyd
06-24-2010, 01:16 PM
is way better

so far this game sucks

You're right, after reading your post I think I'm gonna sell my copy. Anyone else think I should do that?

Thanks for writing this amazing new topic, it cleared my mind right away, and it was rather blurry (that's right).

Aki2403
06-24-2010, 02:29 PM
IMO Blur is better than Split/Second

I like the ideas behind the game mechanics in S/S alas when I actually get to playing it I treat it too much like a racing game and forget to go after charging my powerplay bars, normally ending up well down the grid at the start of the last lap (if not well behind the pack)

With Blur I find it's a very nice racing game, and the power-ups being on-track serve as a constant reminder that I've got that something extra than just speed to play with.

they're both great games in their own regard, I find blur more enjoyable, doesn't mean everyone will, and I can see why lil d 916 may think S/S is better than this. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

NawtyCawty
06-24-2010, 09:38 PM
Split/Second is ok but is shit compared to Blur. I got bored with Split/Second after about 2 days. Once you know where the power plays are triggered you can easily avoid them and its just soooo boring after that.

im all the rage
06-24-2010, 10:13 PM
Blur had the better demo I'll give you that, but in my opinion Split/Second is a much better game, graphically its far superiour, has to be said.

NawtyCawty
06-26-2010, 01:40 AM
Blur had the better demo I'll give you that, but in my opinion Split/Second is a much better game, graphically its far superiour, has to be said.

Well for me graphics dont make a game, the actual gameplay does, and for me the gameplay in SS got very boring very quickly. And the multiplayer is fuckin awful, there are only ever about 3 people online :mad: