PDA

View Full Version : Weird achievement glitch!

Hyakotake
06-22-2010, 05:51 AM
So I finished Alan Wake twice now back to back. First normal, then nightmare... did all collectible and killing achievs and finished off with the speed run from the mine to the peak and survive to the chopper achievs.

BUT!

I'm in the Xbox dashboard, I hit the guide button and go to the game tab. Hit A on achievements.

"Alan Wake" says 49 out of 50 achievements and 980 GP.

But when I go to the specifics (hit A on "Alan Wake") I have unlocked 50 out of 50 with 1000/1000.

How in the hell can the game show me two different scores within two tabs? Has it happened to anyone else... in this game or any other? It's like the game has two separate counters to track the achievs. But how can it be fixed? Am I shit-out-of-luck in ever getting 1000/1000 to register correctly?

master hec0
06-22-2010, 06:13 AM
that happened to me on fallout 3. to correct it i had to delete my profile and recover it again. once you do that the achievement will probably re lock itself on bolt screens and you will have to get it again.

Hyakotake
06-22-2010, 09:48 AM
WHEW! That did the trick... I recovered, and now it has registered all 1000, so I don't have to hunt for some broken 20 point achiev.

Thanks a bunch for the help! :-D

SHAD0W L1NK
06-23-2010, 10:50 PM
Thanks a lot! This helped me as well. I finished the Hardcore/Nightmare playthrough with all achievements unlocked and my list told me I only had 950/1000 G. I thought I was screwed.

GrimreaperGamer
06-24-2010, 05:08 PM
Not to that point yet, an achievement guide would be nice.

GRASSCIA
06-27-2010, 11:27 PM
i get that problem form time to time but its only on DLC achievements and it fixes itself after a few hours/days

Whosaninja
06-28-2010, 11:48 PM
Need to try this myself as I have the same issue, as I'm missing 10G from my total. Was just about to post the question so thanks!!

Cheers
Whosaninja

Delta438
06-29-2010, 07:57 AM
Actually, you don't even have to delete your gamertag. Just sign out and recover it.

jasonwucj
06-30-2010, 07:29 AM
that happened to me on fallout 3. to correct it i had to delete my profile and recover it again. once you do that the achievement will probably re lock itself on bolt screens and you will have to get it again.

For the ones whose language setting is not English:

Once you delete profile and recover it,
some non-English descriptions of achievement may become English and there is no way to set them back.

wario2295
07-06-2010, 09:01 AM
Recovery is the best option here.

Ryneos
07-06-2010, 01:57 PM
this happened to me too at 985/1000, about to try and recover, hope it works

JHavoc666
07-12-2010, 01:05 AM
So I finished Alan Wake twice now back to back. First normal, then nightmare... did all collectible and killing achievs and finished off with the speed run from the mine to the peak and survive to the chopper achievs.

BUT!

I'm in the Xbox dashboard, I hit the guide button and go to the game tab. Hit A on achievements.

But when I go to the specifics (hit A on "Alan Wake") I have unlocked 50 out of 50 with 1000/1000.

How in the hell can the game show me two different scores within two tabs? Has it happened to anyone else... in this game or any other? It's like the game has two separate counters to track the achievs. But how can it be fixed? Am I shit-out-of-luck in ever getting 1000/1000 to register correctly?

Try to delete and recover ur tag (If Lived) or recover somewhere than re-recover. thats how i fix my achievement glitchings.

jgahagan
07-12-2010, 08:10 PM
Happened to me too but recovering the profile works a charm, thanks!

karlosthejackal
07-15-2010, 01:27 PM
Ive got same thing 980g 20g missin :( I know everyone has sed delete profile & then recover it but, i aint got a clue how to do that & shit scared i will lose me profile :eek: So if anyone cud b nice enuf to xplain in idiot proof detail how to do it wud b much apreciated Want my 1000g up :mad: Cheers.

Worked it out in the end & its all sorted ass nipped up wen i deleted profile lol but all good now ;)

Bl4nkShot
07-16-2010, 04:09 PM
thank you for bringing it up in case it happens to me!

TheFalcon
07-21-2010, 11:24 PM
There's something up with this game, because I too have a broken 10 point achievement that does the same thing. I thought recovering would do the trick and I'm glad it seems to work.

But recovering a 100K+ profile takes a looooooooooooooooooooong time :(

AlanWakeUp
07-22-2010, 01:02 AM
I think someone above asked how to Recover their gamertag.

Step:

1) Sign out of your account while connected to XBOX LIVE
2) Press the guide button and click Recover Gamertag
3) Follow on screen prompts (Gamertag, e-mail and password required)
4) Don't Turn Off Your Console and wait
5) Done. Simples.

Bkernop
07-22-2010, 03:38 AM
the thermos achievement glitched for me. when my friends compare games with me it says I have 800/100. When I look at it, it says I have 780/100. I'm about to try recovering my account. Hope it works

ArcKazuki
07-25-2010, 12:13 PM
I think someone above asked how to Recover their gamertag.

Step:

1) Sign out of your account while connected to XBOX LIVE
2) Press the guide button and click Recover Gamertag
3) Follow on screen prompts (Gamertag, e-mail and password required)
4) Don't Turn Off Your Console and wait
5) Done. Simples.

Followed these steps and can definitely confirm that it all works out fine. Thank you!

Kingofgames
07-27-2010, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the help I also had this problem but now everything is cool.

Ganden
07-28-2010, 07:32 PM
There's something up with this game, because I too have a broken 10 point achievement that does the same thing. I thought recovering would do the trick and I'm glad it seems to work.

But recovering a 100K+ profile takes a looooooooooooooooooooong time :(

glad this thread is going, cos im out 10gs aswell!! will recover my gamertag and see, which i know will take ages, cos the last time i did it last year it took almost an hour!!!

KellyNUTS
08-03-2010, 02:19 PM
Worked for me also!! Thanks for the advice lads!!

Problem is b4 I recovered my game was only outta 1000, now its out of 1250.
The thing I liked about this DLC(which i wasnt planning on getting) is that its not a forced update. So if I 1k'd the game(without DLC) it would have registered in my "Achievement Progress" square on the dash(the square b4 all the game squares, which shows your completed games), but now with 1250 it wont go there(cos DLC must be completed now too for it to go there) :(
Call me silly but I kinda like adding games to my "Achievement Progress" square :p

WootNyllon
08-03-2010, 06:57 PM
Thanks! Worked for me too.

Goddz
08-06-2010, 09:25 PM
haha I thought I was the only person it happened to!! Thanks for the help x

Jun Noble 03
09-06-2010, 11:56 AM

BUT!

Ok, this happened to me on Call of Duty 2....I know I played it a LONG time ago but still. I need help! I was playing on Veteran difficulty and I kept getting achievements. I didn't bother to look at my achievement list as I was in the game. I kept playing and finally got ALL the achievements in CoD2. I was really happy and I finally looked at my achievement list. Happens that ALL my achievments locked except the complete training one and completing the campaign on Veteran. So, I tried to recover and it STILL didn't work! D: So I had to beat the ENTIRE campaign over again on Veteran and I finally unlocked all of them. Now it looks like I modded my achievements and I didn't! Please help! D: