PDA

View Full Version : Gold on River

IC3 L3G3ND
06-22-2010, 05:24 PM
Any Tips? Thanks

dollyROT
06-22-2010, 05:37 PM
The house with the banditos make sure you have someone on the right of the rocks as that's where they all spawn in from :3. As for the finale make sure you have someone with dynamite/flame bottles and send people off in pairs on either side with one of bomb duty and the other on protection. Make sure to snipe people off areas before you approach them while travelling on the raft. So long as you get about 4000 dollars+ total you should get gold.

PWN3R
06-22-2010, 07:16 PM
Only one I'm missing for the regular coop missions. I hate how you can't select which mission you want to play.

KUDA Love
06-22-2010, 09:29 PM
that 4000 is a lie cause me and my friends have gotten 6600 and were still not getting gold medal

specularblinky
06-22-2010, 09:38 PM
on advanced you need to get over 10000 points so you need to make sure almost every kill is a head shot and try to chain as many of them together as you can

Aaron15
06-22-2010, 10:54 PM
on advanced you need to get over 10000 points so you need to make sure almost every kill is a head shot and try to chain as many of them together as you can

This.

And when you get of the raft for the very last time, get someone to throw dynamite through the house right in front of you. Should be able to kill all four of them in there.

Just always go for headshots and split in twos on land.

Razzb3rrys
06-23-2010, 12:15 AM

There goes my chances at 1100 :eek:

darkkloud23
06-23-2010, 02:59 AM
Just finished The River on advanced to get my cheevo!!! So heres my advice.:Bounce::Bounce::Bounce:

A really good way to approach this level is with no less than 3 people on the team. TAKE YOUR TIME!!! From my experience, time does not seem to be a factor, its all about money. So use Sniper rifles and take advantage of the reload spawns. Just hang back for the most part at each stop and focus on headshots. Those will net you between 100-220 per head.

When we finished our total was around 11,000 and it took us a little over 21 mins to complete with 3 people. Good Luck guys.

Thai J
06-23-2010, 04:04 AM
Only one I'm missing for the regular coop missions. I hate how you can't select which mission you want to play.

What?! I can't download this until Friday so I didn't know this. What kind of shit is that? That'll piss me off.

DENAz666
06-23-2010, 04:38 AM
Just finished The River on advanced to get my cheevo!!! So heres my advice.:Bounce::Bounce::Bounce:

A really good way to approach this level is with no less than 3 people on the team. TAKE YOUR TIME!!! From my experience, time does not seem to be a factor, its all about money. So use Sniper rifles and take advantage of the reload spawns. Just hang back for the most part at each stop and focus on headshots. Those will net you between 100-220 per head.

When we finished our total was around 11,000 and it took us a little over 21 mins to complete with 3 people. Good Luck guys.

Thanks for the tips mate!! We must have been so close, we were on like $9500 or something like that!! RAGE! lol

MediumMelanin
06-23-2010, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the tips guys, I'll know what to do now once I attempt it on Adcanced, 'cause on regular mode it was no problem getting a gold medal.

guillermo316
06-23-2010, 10:27 PM
thanks for the tips guys, i got gold medal on my first, try it took us like 6 mins, and we got over 2000 dollars. but man the advance version is crazy but not impossible.

M4EOzzy
06-25-2010, 02:12 AM
Just got Gold on River Advanced. Everyone took Marksman II for extra sniper ammo except for one who took Miner II for dynamite for building. Every chance we got, we just stayed back and sniped for headshots, only ran forward when absolutely necessary. Took us 17 minutes but we got over 13,000 in cash.

REfan001
06-25-2010, 03:25 AM
on advanced you need to get over 10000 points

:eek: **** that

M4EOzzy
06-25-2010, 04:15 AM
:eek: **** that

It's not that hard. Guys give a lot more money for kills, and if you take your time and get headshots, you get $220 per kill, combine that with a chain or two and everyone else doing likewise...no problem.

Darkness_SJD
06-26-2010, 01:37 AM
I was able to get Gold on Advanced mode on the river, but somehow am having trouble getting on normal... It doesn't help that the game seems to like to sometimes spawn only a few enemies in the level

PURE Moke
06-27-2010, 05:30 AM
Just got it on Gold - Advanced with 4 people

We had were all above level 40 and used No Hold Barred

Its amazing what a difference a few headshots makes

We hit 6000-7000 in our first run then managed to get 10500 on the second run even though 1 of the players only had 800-1000 points

I'm glad thats over :)

BLOMBOMB
06-27-2010, 04:55 PM

You can just vote to skip and it will load the next mission (if 3 of 4 people vote to skip).

AFreakinCabbag3
06-30-2010, 11:48 PM
12115 - The River - Advanced 3 people gold.

Luiza014
08-08-2010, 12:00 AM
if anyone still hasnt got the gold for this in advanced id be delighted to help. ive given it a few tries and it was no good. last try we got over 9000 bucks. darn. we got silver and i thought it was because a couple of guys on the banks managed to escape.

Dz06lt
08-08-2010, 01:34 AM
I see a lot of people complaining about this one, i wonder if its glitched or someting. Me and 3 other peeps got it on our first try.

Bastardus
08-08-2010, 03:18 PM
I still need help at this shit :(

Nvm^^made it now with 10080 points :)

Cibber
08-12-2010, 12:15 PM
Does anyone know what you'd need on the normal co-op? My last team score on regular difficulty was $6550.

BIGbivvie
08-24-2010, 01:05 PM
Try and not die :)

Rifle Elite
08-25-2010, 01:42 PM
In advanced co-op, you need to gain $10.000 in order to get gold. This mission is very hard and you get killed easily, but it's also hard to get anything above $9.000. I've completed this mission four times now, every time gaining about $8.500-$9.500, here are some tips.

First drop-off point
As soon as the game starts, use your sniper to kill as many banditos as possible. They won't be able to shoot back, so no need to get in cover. As soon as your boat is at the dock, banditos will spawn to the left and right of you. Have one person stay on the boat and deal with one group, while the others get the other group. The boat provides enough cover for one person to take out a whole group, but if everyone stays in the boat, enemies can gather up all around the boat and your cover will be useless. If you manage to get through it safely, then taking out the banditos at Crooked Toes won't be too difficult.

Second drop-off point
This one is easier. Throw dynamite sticks at the small house, and have one person concentrate on taking out banditos spawning on the right side of the house. Aslong as you stay together, this should be easy.

Third drop-off point
A pretty hard one because of the molotov cocktails-throwing banditos. Just use the first house you see as cover, and eventually you will be able to progress. Use dynamity sticks to clear out whole buildings so you dont have to go into a close-range fight with a shotgun.

River
While on the river, use the boxes and crates as cover. if there''s another boat, shoot the explosive box if possible (don't know why ffs they would have one on their boat) Remember that you can't be revived on the boat, so if you see you are about to die, ask your friends to give some cover fire. Always, and I repeat ALWAYS, go for bandito boats first. If you happen to get stuck in between a bandito boat and a lot of banditos shooting at you from the shore, then you're pretty much dead

Getting $10.000
The key to getting $10.000, is to get a lot of kill combos. If you kill all banditos in this mission, you still won't have $10.000 most of the time, so tell your friends when you have a very good kill combo, so they dont steal any kills. A kill combo of lets say 8 or higher, could basically give you an extra $500 or more.

Klebo
08-25-2010, 08:56 PM
Good tips will try them on my run tomorrow its the last mission I need to round up all my rdr chevo's :)

Chesty
08-25-2010, 09:35 PM
I finally got gold on this annoying mission in advanced mode with only two players. We got over 10000$.

So my tips: Just take it slow and concentrate on as many headshots in the hideouts as possible. These 250$ (or how many $ you get for a headshot - I don't know at the moment) can make the difference. ;) Certainly I played this mission a couple of times with no success (and yesterday I was rank 125 in the world list xD). So don't give up.

ParsleyParsnips
08-29-2010, 03:37 PM
eurgh thanks for the tips...will try and complete this =/ last 2 chievos for this pack

Guugley
08-31-2010, 12:31 AM
One thing I would say is, for the very first part, all players should be using either the High Power Pistol or the Mauser. Quick reloading, quick kills, easy to aim with, decent distance. I've gotten a 26 killchain with this tactic. From there just make sure you kill practically everybody and at the final stage (Where you have to blow the crates up) each player should get out a Sniper and get headshots. I believe the little bit of money that the game gives you for completing The River is $250 so make sure there's $9750 between the players.

NathanVoiles
09-07-2010, 03:46 AM
Just did this fucking mission and got 3500$ by myself, and some fucking noob on our team only got 400 points... we ended up 400 points shy of 10,000. :mad:

Mohabus
09-07-2010, 03:49 AM
Just did this fucking mission and got 3500$ by myself, and some fucking noob on our team only got 400 points... we ended up 400 points shy of 10,000. :mad:

Ain't that always the way? You finally get rolling and some idiot screws it up for everyone.

I was going for the Most Wanted achievement, and had just broken the ten minute mark (I was timing it, and gave myself a 30-second buffer just in case). Some idiot in my posse decided that it would be a good idea to "cover" me from enemy fire (which, for the record, was no more than about 15 feet from me). The problem was, he did this with a stick of dynamite.

...You can imagine how this story ends.

CanuckLefty
09-08-2010, 12:18 PM
I'll second everything that's been said here. I struggled with this mission mightily, both Advanced and Regular. Once you've got some idea of the lay of the land, specifically the very last scene, it becomes much easier.

The pairs suggestion is good advice, as is the dynamite bottle in the first house. What I think also gets overlooked is the weapons crates that need to be blown up. Kill two birds with one stone and use them as a weapon (a la the beginning of The Herd).

Also, about midway through the final scene, there'll be a guy circling on a horse. Take him out as soon as you can - he's an unbelievable pain in the ass.