PDA

View Full Version : What Instrument(s) Do You Play?

RexDarr
06-22-2010, 05:37 PM
What instrument(s) do you play?
How long?
Name of your instrument (model, make)

I have been playing guitar for about 5 years, bass for 4, and I just bought my mandolin last night. I have bought every guitar myself except for the Crate guitar and Yamaha bass.

I have:

Acoustic
- Art & Lutherie ~ Dreadnaught (Cedar Blue)

Bass
- Epiphone ~ Thunderbird IV (Vintage Sunburst)
- Epiphone ~ Thunderbird IVPro Custom 5-string(Natural) [Mirannda]
- Epiphone ~ Gothic Thunderbird IV (Matte Black) [Ghost Machine]
- Fender ~ BG29 Acoustic/Electric (Black) [Man in Black]
- Yamaha ~ RBX107 (Metallic Blue) [The Villain]

Electric
- Crate ~ ELG01 (Starburst)
- Danelectro ~ DANO PRO (Black)
- Ibanez ~ NDM2BK [Noodles] {Autographed by Dexter, Noodles, & Pete Prada}

Mandolin
- Epiphone ~ Mandobird VIII (Starburst)

Amp
- Marshall ~ MB4210

sweeneysaint
06-22-2010, 05:42 PM
violin/fiddle, whichever you want to call it, for about 16 years. It's a violin, wasn't aware there is are different makes/models....

Iconoclast
06-22-2010, 06:46 PM
I've played piano for as long as I can remember, drums for about 11 years, and guitar for about 4 or 5. I can't tell you much about them other than I've got a MIDI controller, Mapex kit, and Takamine acoustic...oh, and how could I forget my keytar for gnarly synth solos ;)

Angry Tom
06-22-2010, 08:20 PM
Guitar, I've only owned three considering I've only played about 6 years.

First one was a Squier Strat (http://www.squierguitars.com/products/prod_images/guitars/0310600506_xl.jpg). I think just about every newbie guitarist has owned one of these pieces of junk.

Second was an Ibanez GRG170DX (http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/images/eg2010/GRG170DX_CA_1P_03.png). Another newbies guitar, but ten times better than that Squier abomination.

I'm currently playing a Jackson DXMG (http://www.jacksonguitars.com/images/products/products/2910103844_md.png). Which is also on it's way out. It's served me well the past couple of years, I need something beefier though. I've pretty much pushed it to it's limits, tuned it down to silly things like Drop F, slapped baritone strings on it, tried all sorts of things with the bridge. It's done it's job, but now It's time for it to retire me thinks.

At some point this year I'm going to buy an ESP MH-417 (http://www.espguitars.com/images/guitars/mh-417.jpg), and an ESP SC-608B (http://www.espguitars.com/images/guitars/sc-608b.jpg).

KSizzle
06-22-2010, 08:54 PM
I've been playing guitar since I was 8. It is quite a hobby of mine. I'm not extremely awesome or anything but I can play my fair share of my favorite tunes. I own a few different effects/distortion pedals which make it more fun imo.

I currently own a Fender acoustic, a fender telecaster and a gibson les paul. I also enjoy playing the harmonica and ukulele to some extent.

Expyrious
06-22-2010, 09:02 PM
I've been playing bass now for about... 5 years or so. I have an Ibanez EDB 555.. I think it's an awesome bass :).

Dangera
06-22-2010, 09:11 PM
I've played drums for 2.5 years (I play a crappy black Sound Percussion [4-piece] drum kit). I've gotten a lot better at it and I even made the horrible set I have sound good. I bought some coated Emperors for the batter sides of my drums and some ambassadors for the reso heads. It sounds great now ^_^

I just recently invested at a bass for my dad's house (because my drums are at my moms and not as easily-portable as the bass). I got a black Squier Jazz Bass, and it sounds good IMO, but I need to get better at bass. It's only been like 2 months since I got it.

Neverender
06-23-2010, 05:29 AM
Guitar, Bass, Drums, and Keyboard. Been playing guitar and keyboard since middle school, only recently took up drums (I'm in a band and I use our drummer's set sometimes).

Electric Guitars:
Fender HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez GRX20 (I call it Fred) - The guitar isn't so hot out of the box, so I replaced the output jack, slapped some Seymour-Duncan JB's on it, and made a few other repairs/modifications and now it sounds like a million bucks. Very proud of it, and it's my main guitar.

Acoustic Guitar: Washburn D10 Dreadnaught

Bass: Rogue 200LXB - Crappy bass, but I rarely play bass.

Amp: Peavey Vypyr 75

Keyboard: Not sure of the exact model, but it says Harmony on it. Got it a while back at a garage sale.

I don't have a drum set at the moment because of space restrictions

And I have a full pedalboard of pedals:
Boss DS-1 & Boss CH-1 (only use these at the same time, so I taped a piece of wood over them) -> Ibanez TS-9 -> Boss DD-7 -> MXR 10 Band EQ -> ISP Decimator -> GFT 90 Tuner
Also have a Sanpera I for switching presets on my amp, but that's not on my Pedalboard.

Muffin the Holy
06-23-2010, 12:29 PM
Mostly just bass. I've been playing for 7 years, give or take. I have a Washburn Lyon with a Behringer BX3000 300W combo amp as my current set-up. My Gallien-Krueger half stack finally shit the bed.

Back in high school, I used to play trombone, tuba, and euphonium in band, but I haven't touched one since I graduated.

Miasma
06-23-2010, 07:44 PM
Guitar for about 8 years.
Didgeridoo for about 2 years.

Still playing the same shitty Yamaha Pacifica that I started learning with. I did order a Dean Vendetta through a music shop I live near, but they went bankrupt, and because it was payed for with a credit card, I couldn't get the money back. 300 I'm never going to see again. So because of that I spend most of my time on my acoustic which is just some random Fender.
The didgeridoo was just an impulse buy off ebay.

Aside from those, I really would love to take up drums.

xtreme2252
06-26-2010, 05:46 AM
Vocals. I am without a doubt the greatest and most modest vocalist in the world.

Snaggletooth
06-26-2010, 10:12 AM
I play bass.

I like to jam on a Carvin LB-70. Sweet bass with a creamy sounding low end, but not too much. I play thru a gallien-krueger 2x10 rigged to a 4x10 GK cab. It's really better than what I had expected to be. That rig pumps out a solid 300 watts of pure rumble.

:locked:woop:

rvlution
06-26-2010, 03:48 PM
I play alto sax. It's a Conn (not really that great and pretty old). I also have an Ibanez bass but I don't know how to play. It's just a beginner model.

SP1R1TWALK3R
06-26-2010, 05:17 PM
I've played guitar for around 15 years and Bass for just over a year.

Afro Ninja
06-27-2010, 04:21 AM
I have 3 guitars.

A B.C. Rich Warlock and 2 Fenders.

katesith
06-27-2010, 04:29 AM
I play the French Horn. I plan on buying a Piccolo Horn in a few days/weeks.
But I also play some guitar, piano, all percussion, drum set, mellophone, trumpet. Pretty fun. :/

institutions
06-27-2010, 04:57 AM
I play guitar, like a lot of people.
I've only been playing for 2.5 years though, and for 2 of those years I wasn't really motivated and only played around once a week.
I still suck, but i've been playing more recently and am progressing.

I own 4 guitars, all shitty. First I got a Peavy Raptor to learn on. Horrible, but I wanted something other than a Squire as my first. Then I got a lame Epiphone acoustic from a family member. Third, an Ibanez RG120. It's a pretty cheap one, but it has a really fast neck and is what I play metal on. It's tuned to C standard right now. Last, I got an SX from Rondomusic. Can't tell you the model, because they stopped selling them shortly after I bought it. It's a strat knockoff. I'd say I use it less than the ibanez, because it's stored under my bed and i'm usually too lazy to pull it out of its case when there's a ibanez right next to me, but I do play it. Mostly just for Pink Floyd stuff though.

When I find a job and get my priorities straight, I'm investing in a somewhat higher-end guitar.
I want a classic series 50s strat, black finish, maple neck, black pickguard, seymour duncan ssl-5 bridge pickup and fender CS69s for the other two, and a shortened tremolo.
David Gilmour black strat copy ftw.

Joker0fLife
06-27-2010, 05:23 AM
I use to play the Keyboard, for about 2 years
Did Handbells for a good 2 years
Played a recorder/clarinet for a couple of years
Played Viola for 2 years
Played drums a tad for say a year

A lot of girly instruments, but I was a kid, and back then you didn't get ridiculed or get called a fag...

Soon when I get enough money, I'm going to buy a decent acoustic guitar and work on that and progress to a Dean of some sort. Sometime down the road I'd like to learn to play the drums better.

circus1776
07-03-2010, 03:33 AM
Acoustic/electric guitar, bass guitar, piano, trumpet, drums, and Irish pennywhistle. I sing as well. Sort of.

Red Testament
07-03-2010, 05:09 AM
I've played the guitar off and on for about 10 years. Can play chords really well, but I'm not a solo player, lol. Just started learning to play drums. I like that a whole lot more.

DOOKH8R
07-03-2010, 05:13 AM
Bass guitar
Harmonica
Anything Brass
Spoons
Triangle

Starstrukk X360A
07-03-2010, 05:27 AM
What instrument(s) do you play?
Guitar, Bass, Drums, Singing, Flute, Clarinet, Piano.

How long?
Guitar: 3 years
Bass: 3 months
Drums: 1 year
Singing: 2 years
Flute: 7 years
Clarinet: 6 years

Name of your instrument (model, make)
My guitar is an acoustic that I got in Mexico (so the brand is like...really random), the bass is my uncles (Fender Starcaster), I don't own my own pair of drums, singing is *insert brand here lawl*, and Flute and Clarinet are both of makes that I don't remember.

SharksInYourMouth
07-05-2010, 06:51 AM
I play the drums. Have been playing them for 1-2 years now. Thought I was never serious about playing the drums at first, I only played them because I wasn't good at guitar and the band I was in needed a drummer. But now I'm serious and it's what I want to do for the rest of my life (Play music that is).

My kit:

Gretsch Catalina Maple 6 Piece
Gibraltar Hardware (Double Kick :3)
Sabian Cymbals

I play hardcore style music. eg: Parkway Drive

SoulOfTira
07-05-2010, 07:15 AM
Guitar.
If you can count what I do on it as playing.