PDA

View Full Version : The Herd - Gold Medal

Jellybean468
06-22-2010, 05:38 PM
I'm struggling to get a gold keep on getting silver. If anyone knows the specification for a gold, let me know, thanks :D

stevie vip 99
06-22-2010, 07:00 PM
We left the cows at the back and took out all the enemy in the canyon, then once out the canyon just keep moving and shooting. We got 16 cows back and got gold

chriscutis
06-22-2010, 07:20 PM
I think time and chaining kills is what matters most. I did it several times, getting all 20 cows back safely for many of the runs, and I couldn't get above silver. At just over 6 minutes we got 250 points for the time, and when we got over 4000 total we got silver, between 3 and 4k was bronze. My guess would be let one person kill as many of the initial group of rustlers as possible? That way they hopefully get a decent chain? Otherwise I don't see where the points could come from, I'm assuming you need 5000 for gold. The only place I saw respawning enemies was after you herd the cattle out of the canyon, but they are too sprawled out to work up a decent chain easily. I'm anxious to figure this out, The Herd is my last normal Gold, then on to the much harder advanced..

Jellybean468
06-22-2010, 08:15 PM
I got it, but don't know how :p

Before I was in a group of 3, and I went into a group of 2 and got 10 minutes and 17 cows and it worked. Strange.

I also didn't get my Have Posse Will Travel achievement. :mad:

Nixxor X
06-22-2010, 09:28 PM
We were 3 guys and it took us over 20 minutes for sure! We got back 6 cows and got Gold!

halofan1989
06-23-2010, 03:23 AM
I'm struggling with this, too.

So does anyone know the exact prerequisites for obtaining Gold, or should I just get a higher/better killchain and hope for the best?

Thanks in advance.

chriscutis
06-23-2010, 03:42 AM
Not really...I ended up getting it with 3 people and it wasn't as good a run as I had done with 4 people. I forget the exact score, but I had been doing the others in a row beforehand and gotten the other 2 their golds on them with a ~3k score and not very good time. I was surprised when I got it to be honest, not sure what was different. Only advice I can offer is try switching it up if you try and fail to get a gold, meaning change lobbies/people you're playing with until you get something that works. Seems random to me, and I'm still getting 200-350 every time I complete one while my teammates get around a thousand every time.

evllmatt9
06-23-2010, 05:26 AM
buddy and i just got a score of 4775 and it was good enough for gold. 72 total kills 0 deaths/revives and a hair under 15 min. just killed everybody and focused on kill streaks/headshots. all 20 cattle survived but i dont think it matters since it doesnt seem to have a point value. hope this helps.

Siegfried
06-23-2010, 08:08 AM
Can someone please answer if the enemies outside the canyon are infinite? This map is paifully hard on advanced, me and my friends can't take 10 steps outside the canyon without getting killed or losing half the cows.

We tried killing all enemies before advancing, but they seemed endless :mad:

evllmatt9
06-23-2010, 05:23 PM
I believe they are infinite until you reach a certain point with the cattle, they stopped attacking once we could see the pen. We just went really slow while constantly moving the herd and shot everybody, but didnt actually stop. We started by killing everyone in the canyon and going back for the herd.

DeFFeR
06-26-2010, 04:37 AM
Remember to use your dead eye - this helps in the canyon part a lot, and also, once you get outside, keep someone at the head of the herd, and someone at the back. You'll get flanked after the 3rd or 4th checkpoint, so beware of people behind you as well.

I got all 20 cows to the pen, killed everyone and had no deaths, 10:17 and got silver (4 people)
Next try (same people, all going for gold...) we got 19 cows to the pen, had one death, 3 revives and finished in a time of 8:47.

I'm assuming that time is a bigger factor in the score than deaths/revives - based solely on the few games I have played.

KwH x Fatality
06-27-2010, 11:50 PM
When i did this mission on gold, we had $9000 cash, 12 minutes to complete and 19 cows left alive. I we also had 1 death and 5 or 6 downs.

Have two guy guard the cows, one at front, one at back.
Then the other two guys go and kill the enemys.
If the enemy comes near the cows the guy guarding the cow kill them.

That's what i did and it work perfect for me.

SiskoBlue
06-28-2010, 09:44 AM
I'm pretty sure gold/silver/bronze, is purely determined by points/cash. I haven't seen a bonus for how many cows get back, so as long as it's 5 or more you meet the mission requirements.

Judging from the above comments you need $4,500 to get a gold. I've done this mission a lot and never cracked 4,500, so always getting Silver. Above some said they got 4,700+, so I'm guessing 4,500 for Gold.

Time doesn't matter too much. The max bonus is $500. Cows don't matter, so all your left with is killchains. As someone said it might be best to nominate one or two people to clear the pike's basin (Marksman makes this easy). You'll get more points if 1 person kills 20 peopel in quick succession than 4 people killing 5 each.

That way they get a huge kill chain rather than everyone getting a tiny amount. The other two can be back up if someone goes down. Once you've cleared the area (what out for the reinforcements behind you). Let the cows out and grab a horse. What I typically do is ride up the slope on the left. The cows don't really need driving just yet. Keep left and as you get around the next corner, take out all people there (around 6-10?).

The next part is the ambush. Good to have two people stay on the left and go up the side again. There's about 12 guys here and it helps to clear them out before the cows get there. They do swarm towards you a bit so take it slow. Again, have just one or two people so they can keep a good kill chain.

Finally it's the made dash to pen. This is where you loose your score I think. Best to have one person keep driving the herd, and the other's flanking to take out the constant spawning enemies.

HOWEVER, as time is not an issue the smart thing might be to go slowly and just try to spawn as many enemies as possible. As said above, you only need 5 cows, so as long as you're not down to 7-10, you'll be fine. This section sucks though because even on Normal aim-assist they seem to take forever to die?

I've never been able to organise 4 people to do this though. I usually get around $2000, and everyone else gets $500-$700, so altogether, not enough.

StW
08-04-2010, 07:30 AM
We left the cows at the back and took out all the enemy in the canyon, then once out the canyon just keep moving and shooting. We got 16 cows back and got gold

Thanks for this man :) Used this method. It was me and some other guy and we took all the guys out first then brought the cows in. Got all 20 back :) Got gold.

Kill Jim 16
08-04-2010, 05:30 PM
How ppl are struggling to get gold on this on normal mode is beyond me, mustve done this mission loads and only ever got gold.

Make sure u get headshots rather than jus blasting away. Usually its down to having a crap team if u dont get gold.

chrisk62
05-30-2011, 08:31 AM
I can't understand either how people can be struggling to get gold on any normal mission. ive completed all missions on normal atleast twice and have earned gold every time.