PDA

View Full Version : Scanner Darkly and Waking Life?

Raiden591
06-22-2010, 07:02 PM
I just watched scanner darkly for the first time last night and thought it was a fantastic movie. i heard waking life is supposed to be really good as well. have any of you seen it?

Iconoclast
06-22-2010, 11:10 PM
I've never seen (or heard of, for that matter) Scanner Darkly, but I own Waking Life and it's insane. I don't think I could ever fully understand everything that's going on in that movie, and I've seen it more times than I can count. It's wild...but as long as you like having your mind blown and your brain turned to shit, then you'll love it. Prepare yourself!

Joker0fLife
06-23-2010, 07:45 AM
I watched A Scanner Darkly about 3 days ago as well and thought it was very good. I liked the way they filmed it in that cartoony yet realistic view. The movie did confuse the shit outta me though. I'll have to look up Waking Life, it sounds like a Donnie Darko movie...

Muffin the Holy
06-23-2010, 12:33 PM
A Scanner Darkly made a decent movie. Read the book. It's even better. The art direction in the film, though, was distracting, in my opinion. I think it would've been just fine filmed in live action.

I've never seen or heard of Waking Life, though. Maybe I'll check it out.

Miasma
06-23-2010, 07:29 PM
I liked the way they filmed it in that cartoony yet realistic view.

Rotoscoping. ;)
But yeah it is a really good film. Never heard of Waking Life, I'll check it out when I get a chance.

DarthSoth
06-23-2010, 07:59 PM
I have heard of Waking Life but I have no recolection of it at all. A Scanner Darkly is pretty good but totally a mind fuck movie. It's similar to Fear and Loathing (or it's Bill Murray predesessor "where the buffalo roam") in that reguard. Still ASD is pretty decent with a good cast. Keanu, Downey Jr, Winona Rider, Woody. The rotoscoping is a complete trip to watch. Little freaky actually. I don't think you could handle it on strong psycotropics or psychedelecs.