PDA

View Full Version : 10 Kill Chain in Advanced Mode

Barad
06-22-2010, 07:19 PM
How the hell? I mean theres no auto aim and you die much quicker so wtf how is this possible, must be a special spot in a certain mission I guess. Where and which may I ask?

Aaron15
06-22-2010, 07:20 PM
Think it's called 'The Herd', right at the start, on the cliff.

Barad
06-22-2010, 07:21 PM
Quickest reply ever, cheers mate, will give this a go and see if it works or fails ;)

mercutio0305
06-22-2010, 07:35 PM
i haven't tried on advanced, but i got an 11chain with one shot from a cannon on normal, at the escape. when you get to tumbleweed go to the left hill with the cannons, and shot at the mansion. don't know if it was just luck. but you can try.

lip splitter
06-22-2010, 07:41 PM
Another spot to give it a try is if you use the sniper rifle at the fort mercer mission and there is 10+ people on top of the fort. I was looking for a spot as I played thru normal and I was able to get a 12 kill. If you stand just a little bit past the ammo box by dynamite at the begining the gatling guns cant hit you. Please let us know where you get it at!

spira
06-22-2010, 08:18 PM
I did this easily in tumbleweed mission where you can shoot with the cannon, got like 15 kill streak :)

lethal.b
06-22-2010, 08:50 PM
you can do this on pretty much any level just tell ya partner to not kill anyone. they should of made the whole game with expert aim and not made it too easy with auto aim.

i personally did this at the very starty of 'the river'

BWIK
06-22-2010, 08:59 PM
wasnt looking forward to some of these new red dead achievements but this gives me hope. thanks

Aaron15
06-22-2010, 10:48 PM
Yeah, I have done it a couple of times when you first get of the raft on 'The River'.

Madmax410
06-23-2010, 03:53 AM
The Herd. Throw a stick of dynamite into the canyon (as far as you can go) then take out your sniper and headshot the rest. It's pretty easy, just don't get shot.

DENAz666
06-23-2010, 04:43 AM
Pft just jump on a cannon on the tumbleweed mission, i got a killchain of like 15 or something from a couple of shots

Maximus 1482
06-23-2010, 06:05 AM
def tumbleweed. i got it killing guys in the town, guy i was playin with hit the mansion as soon as the enemies were running out and got 21 with one shot. thats the spot for it ;)

DENAz666
06-23-2010, 07:58 AM
def tumbleweed. i got it killing guys in the town, guy i was playin with hit the mansion as soon as the enemies were running out and got 21 with one shot. thats the spot for it ;)

haha BINGO!! its just after the checkpoint from killing the dudes in the town, just aim at the front door of the mansion, and watch the chain go insane :)

Mibuwolf57
06-23-2010, 12:53 PM
My preference is for Herd. At the start of the mission take an immediate left to the cliff overlooking the hideout. Make sure you do a loadout with dynamite, carcano sniper rilfe, and secondary rifle ( used the buffalo rifle, as secondary). I like this better than Tumbleweed because in Tumbleweed, you are exposed while getting to the cannon, will still be exposed to fire from that vantage point.

At the cliff in Pikes Basin ( Herd Mission ) - start off with a stick of dynamite and aim for the cookpot ( at center of camp), hopefully you'll take out 2. From there most of the rustlers are bunched close to the area, and you can take them out one by one with the sniper rilfe, and finish off with your secondary rifle, if you haven't gotten the 10 kills by now.

You can have your friend act as a decoy by getting the rustlers' attention from further down the path, giving you an easier shooting spree.

Barad
06-23-2010, 03:02 PM
Great suggestions guys thanks ill try these later..

littlejay
06-23-2010, 03:14 PM
yep, snipe in The Herd. also shooting the tnt boxes will snag a few kills too. i try to toss dynamite down in the group of guys before they see me and spread out

GDNA CHR0NIC
06-23-2010, 06:14 PM
will give this a try later today... great info, peace.

L8u8k8e8
06-24-2010, 03:42 AM
I got it on "Heard" went up and to the right on the cliff looking down. Shot the dynamite on the right with my Buffalo Rifle (could use other) and got 4x chain from that then used my Carcano Rifle to snipe 6 others to get up to 10x.

DarkCreations
06-24-2010, 10:17 AM
I got it at the start of The Kidnapped Girl, outside of Fort Mercer, just snipe all the enemies (making sure their headshots too) if you have to use more than 1 shot, there is a bit of ammo to the right of the rocks.

Also, get your partner to distract the enemy turret fire. It's much easier as you can keep trying because it's right at the start of the mission.

AlecDuffin
06-24-2010, 07:01 PM
If anyone's up for trading this, send me a message on XBL: AlecDuffin

Cheers!

Can do whatever method you want btw.

Also, I have another potential method. Will post here when i've tried it so watch this space ;)

Skyroshroud
06-24-2010, 07:35 PM
I've had multiple chances at getting 10 but some random thing happens JUST as I get to the 9th which prevents me from getting it.

Like at the start of Kidnapped sniping the guys on the wall, someone steals my kill just as I shoot can't find another guy in time, have to restart.

Then once you've cleared the gate and the first courtyard you go up to the roof where you can throw dynamite at the 10 guys down below the 2nd courtyard, or of someone steals your kills you can quickly shoot the guys around the hostaged girl. (Don't be a tawt and throw dynamite at the girl JUST as the 10 kill streak comes up failing the mission -_-)

On ammunition if you go to the left straight away and throw dynamite at the opening door you can nab a few kills, if you're lucky and can aim you can kill the surrounding dudes and then kill the guys above near the sandbags with the sniper rifle.

I haven't been able to try with the cannons on The Escape because there's always some idiot who shoots the gold carriage straight away or shoots the horses or isn't a team player and buggers off..

Really hard to find a good team for this..

McGoogles
06-25-2010, 12:13 AM
I got it at the start of Ammunition. Throw some dynamite at one of the doors (which contains about 6 enemies) and snipe the rest of the enemies near the rocks.

If that doesn't work, go to the top of that hill and snipe the enemies using the cannons. They'll never get off unless they die and there are about 6 cannons and 2 gatling guns.

mhkerr
06-25-2010, 11:23 AM
I got it at the start of The Kidnapped Girl, outside of Fort Mercer, just snipe all the enemies (making sure their headshots too) if you have to use more than 1 shot, there is a bit of ammo to the right of the rocks.

Also, get your partner to distract the enemy turret fire. It's much easier as you can keep trying because it's right at the start of the mission.

How me and friends did it, you have alot more time between kills than you think, only headshots will kill and make sure to crouch you tend not to get shot at as much (well at least we didnt)

Marnit
06-25-2010, 01:36 PM
good maps to do it on:
herd, river, ammunition, escape, waltons gold and kidnapped girl

(erm...)

Pogo27
06-25-2010, 04:33 PM
I haven't unlocked advanced mode yet, but I've got a chain of 29 on The Escape from the cannons overlooking Tumbleweed.

SRJB
06-26-2010, 03:38 AM
try it during the fort mercer one, not that hard

Barad
06-26-2010, 03:21 PM
I'll probably try this in the Escape with the cannons..thats when I unlock Advanced mode.

jcvaleron
06-26-2010, 06:15 PM
i did mine on annumition. just used a miner so i had planty of dynamite, once the level starts i threw 2 sticks to the door that gets blown open 1st then 2 sticks to the other door. if done right you can get up to a 9 killing streak so either thrown some more dynamite or shoot a few people,using your dead eye will help

Septic
06-26-2010, 08:19 PM
Walton's Gold is where I got it. When you enter the gold mine head all the way to the right where the objective is (the cart where you put the bags of gold in).Stay back in a safe spot and shoot as they spawn behind the cart.I recommend the high powered gun.Just shoot straight, it's hard to miss them.

ScizX
06-26-2010, 10:03 PM
The Escape cannon is great. Had a 9 once and got my achv there too.

Got lots of 7-8 multipliers throughout missions just using dead-eye an aiming good enough

Jellybean468
06-26-2010, 10:15 PM
Did this on The Escape before. Got a 17 kill streak. Pick as many people off as you can and when it comes up with 'Checkpoint Reached' automatically start firing at the mansion. Around 15 guys come out of the door.

Seppälä
06-28-2010, 11:21 PM
I did it on Ammunition, just ran up the hill and went rampage.
Got lucky.
Have been close on every map, you just have to be quick and aim for headshots.
Advance coop is much more fun than the regular ones because of the none-auto-aim.

VladimirK
06-29-2010, 09:34 AM
I got this without any problems in the first advanced mission at Tumbleweed.

Went up the hill towards the cannons, killed the guys up there, then shot the guys off of the gatling guns so that they never shredded me whilst on the cannon.
Then I went onto the cannon that's closest to the city, started firing at anything that moved, and easily got a 13 chain, can't remember what it ended up as, but there was still about 7 guys at the mansion when I left it.

DeviousD
06-29-2010, 10:06 AM
Yeah with out a doubt the easiest way to get a 10 kill chain is the first cannon on the hill at Tummbleweed the mission is The Escape. The reason I say the first cannon you don't seem to take as many hits from that one compared to the other one further down.

KwH x Fatality
06-30-2010, 10:21 PM
I got my achievement on the edge of the cliff in The Herd, like shown in the video in the achievement guide.
Also an other good mission to do it on is The Escape when you go to Tumbleweed just jump on the cannon and fire like mad!
:boom

rowain
07-01-2010, 03:20 AM
Did it with some friends tonight on the Herd, which is definitely my suggestions. The Escape works well enough, except that it's like 5 mins into the mission which sucks if you fuck up, or if multiple people need the achievement. Also, it's way too easy to get sniped/gunned off the cannons, though you really only need one good shot.

The Herd on the other hand presents you with a beautiful opportunity like 5 seconds on. Play Marksman II, don't worry about tossing dynamite. Once you get a couple of kills, I find a big group of guys usually runs past one of the kegs of TNT in the camp, and you can score a 4-6 chain off one well placed shot. I had my 10 in like the first 30 seconds.

Trentosaurus
07-01-2010, 08:55 AM
I got it when you first land on The River. I shot a few enemies as we were reaching land and then went crazy with the Mauser Pistol when we got off the raft. Was much easier than I expected it to be.

Barad
07-07-2010, 10:59 AM
Well I finally got this! I done it on The River, when you get off your boat for the first time, and theres that small house, got 10 kill combo there and pop, achievement unlocked, was happy.

ffm.piranha
07-07-2010, 11:03 AM
Got mine in Walton's Gold in the mine. Got lucky with a stick of dynamite right after entering the mine (first right turn after the first box of explosives) and sended 8 guys to hell, then 2 more kills and voila ... :uzi:
Pretty unexpected but really nice ...

Trash Man
07-07-2010, 07:40 PM
I really don't get how people are struggling with this. I'm not trying to be a prick or anything but I've done 10+ kill streaks countless times while getting all gold on the missions.

If you really want an easy place to get it then do the mission The Escape, when you get to the mansion get on a cannon and aim straight at the mansion. You should get 10+ with 1 shot.

the_b1ues
07-08-2010, 05:29 PM
i just got this i was strugging with it to be honest but when i finially got to the end the escape shot at the mason as soon as it saiud check point reached i got a 15 streak from one shot def the way to go

Barad
07-08-2010, 09:42 PM
Also another good spot to do it at is at the very begining of The Herd, all the guys below you, Springfield them all, 10 super easy quick kills!

Chillar Penguin
07-15-2010, 04:46 AM
I was just playing one day on the river with 3 random people and i just owned and got it without even going for it, i think its the easiest one unless you are boosting with friends

Barad
07-23-2010, 10:07 PM
I was just playing one day on the river with 3 random people and i just owned and got it without even going for it, i think its the easiest one unless you are boosting with friends

Exactly where I done it, the bit when you first drop off your boat, random so felt really good :P

AkaDad555
07-24-2010, 04:20 PM
The Escape. Tumbleweed. 22 kills. 1 cannon.

StW
08-05-2010, 05:01 PM
Easiest I found was with a sniper at the start of the herd. Hit the 2 TNT tanks by the tents, thats like a 4-5 kill streak which gives you a nice start, then just pop the rest of them that are hiding behind the crates, real easy :)

TFU
08-05-2010, 05:11 PM
Another spot to give it a try is if you use the sniper rifle at the fort mercer mission and there is 10+ people on top of the fort. I was looking for a spot as I played thru normal and I was able to get a 12 kill. If you stand just a little bit past the ammo box by dynamite at the begining the gatling guns cant hit you. Please let us know where you get it at!That's what I'd suggest. 'The Kidnapped Girl' with Marksman II or No Holds Barred. Snipe out everyone along the Fort and it should be no problem.

Bengaliboy
08-23-2010, 04:07 PM
its really easy to do on the escape. once you go to tumbleweed get hold of a cannon and blast through at the big mansion.

chrisk62
05-31-2011, 02:21 AM
By using one of the cannons in Tumbleweed (The Escape) i got a chain kill of 22 with just 3 shots. 1st shot at the center of town, 2nd shot at the church (far right) doorway just as everyone is running out and then a 3rd shot at the mansion in the background, if you have not hit a 10 kill chain by then then just keep firing at the different spots on the mansion for a few more kills. Easy !!!!