PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Discussion

L3giOn
04-13-2007, 06:34 PM
Discuss the achievements here.

adamlowery
04-13-2007, 06:55 PM
I love this game, but the grade rating system is crazy. Example I got 10 million and got a B and had 8 misses. Did the song again and got 25 million and 2 misses and still got a B.>?????!?!

Tron
04-13-2007, 11:21 PM
accuracy and hit % has to be like 185% or higher...at least something like that...

Tripl299
04-14-2007, 06:06 AM
accuracy and hit % has to be like 185% or higher...at least something like that...

How do you get over 100%?? I can never figure these games out when the highest percentage is 100 how can you get higher??

Wiggum
04-14-2007, 07:06 PM
How do you get over 100%?? I can never figure these games out when the highest percentage is 100 how can you get higher??
He means when you add the hit ratio % and accuracy %.

XxJU571NxX
04-15-2007, 02:41 AM
Does any one know a Song thats good for getting the get an A on a song on Medium Diffuculty?

twelve
04-15-2007, 03:12 AM
i find valkyries rising to be one of the easier ones on medium. It's the one I got the 3 laps on. But I still havent managed to get a single A on anything except easy.

Spartan
04-15-2007, 04:07 AM
But I still havent managed to get a single A on anything except easy.

I've tried over and over again on all the different songs, and I can't get an A on anything medium! :mad:

twelve
04-15-2007, 04:39 AM
I've tried over and over again on all the different songs, and I can't get an A on anything medium! :mad:
Some people must be cyborgs or something. I still love this game even if it is damn difficult.

I wonder if it would be any easier with a DDR mat. Or if it's even compatible.

Farrmark
04-15-2007, 10:06 PM
For an A rating on Medium I suggest Smooth Operetta, it's nicely paced, there 's no double notes and it's quite easy to pick up.

After about 5 frustrating goes I just managed it :)

vitamin dew
04-16-2007, 04:02 AM
I got my Medium A* on Valkyries Rising tonight.

twelve
04-16-2007, 04:37 AM
I've had that for ages but unfortunately it's on easy and so I didn't need it. However that is the song that I got the 3 laps on medium done with. If I only can get my accuracy up. I'm usually around 80% Accuracy, >98% hit rate. And it's just not enough for an A on medium.

FragEmAndSmile
04-17-2007, 12:33 PM
How do you get the 3 laps achievement? I was on lap 5 before I quit and didn't get anything. What am I doing wrong?

Cause
04-17-2007, 01:24 PM
How do you get the 3 laps achievement? I was on lap 5 before I quit and didn't get anything. What am I doing wrong?
Are you doing the laps on medium. You need to get to at least level 4 for the achievement.

FragEmAndSmile
04-17-2007, 06:37 PM
Yeah I was on Medium and up to level 5 but nothing. Is there a way to stop withouth "quitting" and still get credit?

razzleson
04-17-2007, 09:43 PM
Yeah I was on Medium and up to level 5 but nothing. Is there a way to stop withouth "quitting" and still get credit?
Once you FINISH lap three, just let all the fireworks miss so you lose. Once the screen comes up to show your stats, the achievement will unlock.

SupaBilly8
04-18-2007, 03:37 AM
I've had that for ages but unfortunately it's on easy and so I didn't need it. However that is the song that I got the 3 laps on medium done with. If I only can get my accuracy up. I'm usually around 80% Accuracy, >98% hit rate. And it's just not enough for an A on medium.

omg, i so agree

boom boom rocket is a great game, but i cant stand the grading system

freakin i get like 4 goods and 1 miss, and thats a B????? WHAT?!?!?!

i just cant pull off the a, no matter how hard i try

Wiggum
04-18-2007, 11:43 AM
You need about 89% accuracy and 98% hit ratio on hard for the A. That's atleast what I had to get it.

Rioto
04-18-2007, 01:33 PM
i dont get the accuracy ? how do they mesure that stuff?

Farrmark
04-18-2007, 01:45 PM
I think if you hit anything less than Awesome or Perfect and you're screwed :(

I could be wrong though, I haven't managed anthinh above a C on Hard so far :)

Software2
04-18-2007, 03:36 PM

You would DIE. :chair
I'm thinking of one special song on hard that's about 95% doubles. No man can jump the much, that fast.

kirchiri
04-19-2007, 03:29 AM
Trying the DDR mat tonight, i can probably jump faster than i can hit the buttons lol

twelve
04-19-2007, 05:59 PM
You would DIE. :chair
I'm thinking of one special song on hard that's about 95% doubles. No man can jump the much, that fast.
lol i'd probly die on smooth operetta on easy with a ddr mat. im so out of shape.

MadaRenrut
04-19-2007, 06:14 PM
Some people must be cyborgs or something. I still love this game even if it is damn difficult.

yea i am pretty sure that would be compatible. i figured since i have been playing guitar hero II for awhile it would be easier with the guitar controller. so i plugged it up and the guitar does work for the song, but since the colors are all over the place it didn't help me much.

briano35
04-21-2007, 07:23 PM

lol

I'm not a cyborg but managed to finish the achievements for the game. The only thing I can say is to keep practicing the songs over and over. All the songs have patterns in them and you just have to figure them out. Some of them on hard are ridiculous until you figure out the pattern. When I first saw some of the songs, I freaked out cuz they were flying at you from everywhere. You just need to calm down and relax.

It took me awhile, but I finally got the finish 5 laps on hard today on Smooth Operetta. I kept getting to just before the end of lap 5 and I kept messing up.

Rioto
04-23-2007, 06:54 AM
after a few tries i finally achieved the A++ on medium yeee. its gonna be TOUGH to get that on hard man. every song backstabs you with those weird combinations. 5 laps on hard endurence is insane.

briano35
04-24-2007, 01:46 AM
after a few tries i finally achieved the A++ on medium yeee. its gonna be TOUGH to get that on hard man. every song backstabs you with those weird combinations. 5 laps on hard endurence is insane.

What I did was I kept doing the songs over and over again until I learned the patterns and when they happen so that I knew what I was doing when I saw the beginning of a pattern. It took awhile but it was worth it.

Rioto
04-24-2007, 07:21 AM
What I did was I kept doing the songs over and over again until I learned the patterns and when they happen so that I knew what I was doing when I saw the beginning of a pattern. It took awhile but it was worth it.

im going to try that, what song u suggest?

OniRyo
06-04-2007, 10:42 AM
man i cant complete the very last song on Hard it goes just way to fast... i mean wtf lol, but yeah i also have some probs getting an A rank on medium tho i had almost an A on hard rofl :p

AndyFreak457
11-30-2007, 10:07 PM
bought the game on the 29th

got all the achievements on the 30th :)

FoxRacing1234
02-08-2008, 05:25 PM
Is this game worth actually paying for?

GeneralOnx
02-15-2008, 04:25 AM
I got the A on medium on 1912 Overdrive and A on hard on Hall of the Mountain Dude.

My favorite ones are 1912 Overdrive and Toccata and Funk on Hard.:woop:

rubberchicken69
03-06-2008, 10:43 PM
wtf man there is this guy on the leadrboards on the valkyries rising song on easy
he has an A - 100% hit ratio, 2,943,334, pointsand accuracy 90
my accuracy is 90, i got a b 100 acuracy and 2,943,491 points
WTF??!?!?!?!?!??! this is pissing ME OFF!!!!! fucking no achievements man!!! i keep doing it over and over again and i wont get a fucking A!!!! someone HELP!

SPRAYandPREYcom
03-15-2008, 01:46 AM
ive beaten halo 3 on legendary call of duty 2 on veteran and for some reason i find this gay ass game harder than both of those what the f were the they thinking when they made the achievments and the purple bar is way to thin way to lame and hard ... the only good thing is that its visually stunning on my samsung 52 inch lcd with the hdmi elite the colors are vibrant almost acid like but thats just
because my end is the bomb not this game oh well i cant even get

past one hundred achievment points sigh...

CJJB
03-19-2008, 10:59 PM
i have gotten 120 points from this game.

I need to get the achievement for doing 5 laps endurance on hard (I usually lose when I'm in the 3rd or 4th lap in most songs! ) And i need the achievement for completing all songs on medium with an A grade.

Unlocking all the fireworks types was easy.I've gotten B's in all the songs on Hard and 1 A** on hard.

Great game,I wish there were more like it on the arcade.

Shaynringan
04-05-2008, 05:15 PM
200 gamerscore get! This game is fun :) Time consuming. Just so you know, the DLC does NOT count towards the fireworks achievements , but DOES count towards Carpal Tunnel achievement.

ShinUkyo
04-09-2008, 04:18 PM
Very fun and addictive game. Especially if you're into music games, go for it. The only achievement that's really giving me trouble, and which I'm still missing, is the one for getting an 'A' for all songs on medium. Worth 50 points, and for good reason. But especially since about five months ago, when they patched the game, this achievement becomes about ten times harder...

Back when the game was first released, your letter grade was determined by all the factors at the end of a song. Accuracy, Hit Ratio, and Score. So even if your accuracy was a tad below 90%, you could still get the 'A.' But since they patched the game, around the time that the DLC came out... the letter grade is now ONLY determined by your accuracy rating. So with that, you must get at least a 90% accuracy on a song.

And I've been playing music games longer than anyone. Usually, when it comes to accuracy, I have no issues. Whether it's Parappa, Bust a Move, DDR, E4, or whatever... I've always been amazing with my hit accuracy. But on Boom Boom Rocket, for some reason, I'm usually getting 89% on these damned Medium songs. It's frustrating me to no end. I'm considering trying it with a joystick or something more precise than the control pad, but jeez. I can easily get like 30+ beat bonuses in a row on E4, which should theoretically be much harder. But damn if BBR isn't driving me nuts with this last achievement haha.

Shezz S86
05-31-2008, 12:12 AM
Just got my last achivement for this game during the week!:woop:

My only advide is to keep playing again and again. Goodluck

Territats
04-27-2009, 11:25 PM
I found it stupid that 3 laps of endurance on medium was only worth 5G but getting an A grade on just 1 medium song was worth 15G ... worth 3 times as much when you only have to complete the song once whereas complete it 3 times whilst it speeds up and it's worth less. I also think that 50G for 1 achievement is way too much for an arcade game. The 5G achievements should be bulked up to like 10's and 15's and the 50 should be knocked down to like 40 or even 30 so you don't get people left with 8/12 achievements and 75/200G.

SN4K3E4T3R
09-10-2009, 05:50 PM
The people who made this game should be trown off the highest building known to man. First the make a rediculous hard game and after that they make a update that makes it even Harder! I already destroyed one fucking controller because of this stupid game. 5 laps Hard endurance is way to hard, 10 songs with an A rating can be done without the fucking update but one song on hard with an A rating is fucking impossible. I have 100% hits, 89 accuracy and i dont get an achievement. Fuck off.

I know i can delete the update with cleaning my cashe but i have the Disc version so it doesnt work for me.Also i know Smooth opperetta is supposed to be the easiest map but i cant do shit in it. There is no beat or anything where you can rely on for 'perfect' notes. This game is just utter crap!

Not that anyone is going to read this since this section is dead but if there is somebody alive out there please give me some tips, hints or tricks before i break my xbox or my 2th controller.

Thx.

iSRBi
03-26-2010, 04:46 AM
I'm not the best at these types of games. Anybody offer advise for the higher difficulty achievements

brandonator14
10-26-2010, 10:57 PM
i think the best way to get these achievements would be like rock band or guitar hero, u just have to practice then hopefully youll get lucky and get an "A" for that song

UpgradePolecat
11-16-2010, 08:59 PM
wtf man there is this guy on the leadrboards on the valkyries rising song on easy
he has an A - 100% hit ratio, 2,943,334, pointsand accuracy 90
my accuracy is 90, i got a b 100 acuracy and 2,943,491 points
WTF??!?!?!?!?!??! this is pissing ME OFF!!!!! fucking no achievements man!!! i keep doing it over and over again and i wont get a fucking A!!!! someone HELP!

The accuracy shown on the ranking is the average accuracy value for the fireworks you hit and just that. The displayed accuracy = (the sum of all accuracy values of all the notes you hit / number of notes you hit) * 100.

The average accuracy which is used for rating, is defined as follows: Round((Sum of ALL accuracy values you got in the song, including missed notes / total number of notes) * 5).
Then the final grading is as follows:
1 = E
2 = D
3 = C
4 = B
5 = A

So, you need an average accuracy over all notes which is equal to or greater than 90% (4,5, the lowest number which will round to 50. / 5 = 0,9 = 90%).

In short: the average accuracy on the notes you hit was the same: 90%. You may have gotten it by hitting two notes, one at 80% accuracy and one at 100%, resulting in a 90% average, and maybe he hit all notes at 90% accuracy. The end result is the same.
However, the average accuracy over the entire song (which is your grade), is at least 90% for him, and <89% for you.

SectarianOrigin
02-08-2011, 07:28 PM
I know i can delete the update with cleaning my cashe but i have the Disc version so it doesnt work for me.Also i know Smooth opperetta is supposed to be the easiest map but i cant do shit in it. There is no beat or anything where you can rely on for 'perfect' notes. This game is just utter crap!

Why wouldn't clearing your cache for the disc version work?

SmokeScreen76
03-06-2011, 12:28 AM
Why wouldn't clearing your cache for the disc version work?

I know it's a bit late considering when SN4K3E4T3R posted his comment, but I'd like to know the answer to this question too.

Poirot
03-06-2011, 01:21 AM
Because the game on the disc is already patched (it seems, we don't have real clues).

BuckitBong
12-21-2011, 07:30 PM
There needs to be DLC and more achievements for this game.

Incredible Jon
01-26-2012, 07:35 AM
Um, I know it's probably a bit late for those who've mentioned this, but I have the disc version of this game and can clarify that deleting the cache DOES work. The update is not on the disc, the update comes from live, so it does make the game that lil' bit easier :)
...Even if you do still need at least 87% accuracy :/ lol

TheFarewell
04-13-2012, 12:30 PM
I just can't get an A anywhere here. I've learned the songs inside and out. I get close, but it's like my calibration is off. You can't calibrate this game though. Really frustrating when you know you're doing good because you hit every note, but then you don't even get into the 90% range. I spent a long time learning the song patterns and I still can't do it. I feel like playing this on DDR pads would actually be more accurate somehow.

d3m3nt3d2
07-18-2012, 11:41 AM
Don't think I'm ever going to complete this game :(

detrainer2
05-23-2013, 06:40 AM
wahjo this game is very hard man!! I can't even play on medium... I am a bad guitar hero player:P

Kairi
05-25-2013, 01:23 PM
wahjo this game is very hard man!! I can't even play on medium... I am a bad guitar hero player:P
It may be hard when just starting out, but after some practice, it's not too bad. Guitar Hero also has nothing to do with this game. :P

mavryk
08-14-2013, 08:16 AM
Clearing cache does work for the disc version,i checked it out online chief,still not gonna help me do this ridiculous game,hate how folk just say play it over and over to practise,yeah that would work if I didnt die straight away on EVERY hard song,it moves way too fast for any human to even try and hit them.Fucking detest this pile of crap.

mavryk
08-14-2013, 08:17 AM
Agree,how can I do hard if medium is so stupidly difficult,epic fail of a game unless you are a 12 year old with super dexterity or a cyborg.

mavryk
08-14-2013, 08:19 AM
The accuracy shown on the ranking is the average accuracy value for the fireworks you hit and just that. The displayed accuracy = (the sum of all accuracy values of all the notes you hit / number of notes you hit) * 100.

The average accuracy which is used for rating, is defined as follows: Round((Sum of ALL accuracy values you got in the song, including missed notes / total number of notes) * 5).
Then the final grading is as follows:
1 = E
2 = D
3 = C
4 = B
5 = A

So, you need an average accuracy over all notes which is equal to or greater than 90% (4,5, the lowest number which will round to 50. / 5 = 0,9 = 90%).

In short: the average accuracy on the notes you hit was the same: 90%. You may have gotten it by hitting two notes, one at 80% accuracy and one at 100%, resulting in a 90% average, and maybe he hit all notes at 90% accuracy. The end result is the same.
However, the average accuracy over the entire song (which is your grade), is at least 90% for him, and <89% for you.
Can I have an english translation of this,couldnt even begin to understand your comment.

mavryk
08-14-2013, 08:22 AM
It may be hard when just starting out, but after some practice, it's not too bad. Guitar Hero also has nothing to do with this game. :P
Apart from they are both rhythm action games that require you to hit coloured notes to play and they are both laughably hard.

TheFarewell
02-14-2014, 12:50 AM
After much deliberation and trial and error, I'm well on my way to finishing out this game... Just got A's on 4 medium songs and 1 hard song. 6 more to go and the daunting endurance still. One of the most frustrating titles I own. I own a lot of frustrating titles too... After this game, I give up on trying for the almost impossible/extremely practiced. Just not worth it anymore. I have 100% on 125 Arcade titles alone and that's an achievement in it's own right. Still about to get like 10 more games added to that with boosting. This game has been staring me in the face for years and I'm glad I've finally buckled down to defeat it. So damn frustrating. It's not hard, really, it's luck. Making sure to get 87.5% Accuracy and 100% (had 87 and 100% twice and the second time it gave me an A. You can tell how close you are by your score if you don't use the special) hit ratio seems easy at first, but sometimes the beats don't even hit the line for a perfect! You have to know the songs basically blindfolded and by the beat. I bob my head for rhythm and I've noticed perfects are not on the beat exactly. Seems to be a hair afterwards. So much practice. Spent 3 almost 4 hours on William Tell Overload and noticed that. It could be my mind playing tricks on me cuz this game is mental that way, but that's what it seems like. Anyone who's still trying for this game, enjoy! Haha