PDA

View Full Version : Purpose of Checkpoints?

ShadeX313
06-23-2010, 05:00 AM
So me and a buddy were playing the new co-op missions, died during one of them and we figured thats fine, we'll start at the last checkpoint... low and behold, we start the mission all over again.

So does anyone know what purpose they serve if any?

chriscutis
06-23-2010, 05:20 AM
If one of you dies, when the live one gets to the next checkpoint/completes the next objective the dead one respawns.

Nearro
06-23-2010, 03:22 PM
Yeah, naming them "checkpoints" seemed to be a bit misleading. I ran into the same thing last night, specifically on the Raft mission. Get right to the final area and then one bad spawn behind us (anyone else get surprised by those?) dropped both of us really fast and we had to restart back from the beginning.

I do like the idea that they went with though. There isn't such a thing as an infinite respawn, so it makes you play the mission a little more careful. Nothing quite like having one member die right after a checkpoint and then guiding your friend through killing off everything else solo so you can respawn.

Barad
06-23-2010, 03:40 PM
Kinda retarded how if all of you die you have to restart the whole mission, fail.

N3xus Gam3r
06-23-2010, 03:45 PM
Yeah the checkpoints was misleading mé and my friends too

Still, it's still an good DLC, just fix the problems R*

MediumMelanin
06-23-2010, 11:30 PM
It's checkpoints for respawns of your dead teammates...(3 teammates die, they respawn if the last one makes it to a new checkpoint) not for failing and dying...lol!

I guess Rockstar wanted us to be careful and plan our actions out! Which is a rather fun idea! =)

guillermo316
06-23-2010, 11:41 PM
yeah i though that same thing too when i was playing RIver, i jumped into the water before we got on the raft and i didnt spawn at the checkpoint, that was an awfull glicth, i had to just wait until it was over but i got a gold medal so i was happy. but hey the DLC was free.