PDA

View Full Version : This game reminds me of S.King *Spoilers*

DrMmmPie
06-23-2010, 02:14 PM
Don't Post the ending I've used the spoilers for talking about "Room 1408" kind of

I've only played the first three chapters or so. So not that far into the game, but from what I've seen and heard Matthew Porretta(voice of Alan Wake) sounds like Bill Denbrough(The writer in SK's "IT" played by Richard Thomas) that's the first similarity I noticed. Any one else hear it?

I also got a deja vu to, the Movie "Room 1408" based of the short story of the same name, which is another SK novel/short story which again the main character author, and crazy/strange things are happing to him.

Am I going crazy here, and the game is noting like the "IT" or Room 1408"

One more thing do more people, need to start copying SK work, it makes one hell of a good game.

Phrozenspite
06-23-2010, 08:55 PM
Nobody responded to my post in the spoiler forum but I think theres definitely a stephen king influence since that's what keeps being referenced in game. Additionally one could easily see the ending as similar to that of King's the Dark Tower series

ZACK GSF
06-24-2010, 03:31 AM
Alan quotes King in the beginning, and I agree that the theme of his books continues throughout the game.

Simpso
06-27-2010, 10:45 AM
Who ever wrote the game either loves stephen king or was heavily influenced by him.
Half of kings books are about writers put in dodgy odd situations whilst monologuing themselves.

ShinobiSteve81
07-01-2010, 01:15 AM
Main King thing I thought of was "The Dark Half".....writers creation coming to life, birds.....