PDA

View Full Version : Candy Colours?

R3D DRAG0N 94
06-23-2010, 04:10 PM
What does the 'candy' paint style look like? (the one you unlock for the Winner III challenges). Does anyone have any pics or anything? The reason being that I can't even win 10 races with a car to unlock pearlescent never mind the rest after that to unlock candy, and I've never heard of that type of paint so I'm just curiouse.

Thanks in advance :)

nytelyte
06-23-2010, 05:56 PM
... it basically highlights places where it normally would be dark. Nothing too terribly special.

TITAN Z4
06-26-2010, 03:17 PM
how do you even get the special paints?

red mist 85
06-26-2010, 05:06 PM
how do you even get the special paints?

You get them for fulfilling certain conditions in each car. For example some cars require you to win a race to unlock the metallic paint, finish 10 races to get the pearlescent and win 10 races for the candy. Something like that anyway. It differs for each car. There's also health upgrade. Basically if you want to unlock all the paint jobs for a certain car, then keep using it and eventually you'll finish/win enough races with it to unlock them all.

Law
06-26-2010, 07:35 PM
You get them for fulfilling certain conditions in each car. For example some cars require you to win a race to unlock the metallic paint, finish 10 races to get the pearlescent and win 10 races for the candy. Something like that anyway. It differs for each car. There's also health upgrade. Basically if you want to unlock all the paint jobs for a certain car, then keep using it and eventually you'll finish/win enough races with it to unlock them all.
You sure about that? I thought every car was the same, to unlock the upgrades all you have to do is finish races with that car and to unlock the paint jobs you have to win with that car. I don't think it varies.

R3D DRAG0N 94
06-26-2010, 11:34 PM
You sure about that? I thought every car was the same, to unlock the upgrades all you have to do is finish races with that car and to unlock the paint jobs you have to win with that car. I don't think it varies.

I think you're right. From what I've seen, all the car challenges are the same for every vehicle.

nytelyte
06-27-2010, 04:34 AM
Win a race: Metallic
Win 10 races: Pearlescent
Win 25 races: Candy

red mist 85
06-27-2010, 09:20 AM
Win a race: Metallic
Win 10 races: Pearlescent
Win 25 races: Candy

That's what I thought, but one of the cars (I can't remember which one) I've got all the paint jobs and I've only won one race with it! Wierd. Plus I came 3rd with the exige once and the metallic paint unlocked! That's why I made the assumption that the conditions were different for each car. Maybe it's a glitch. Apologies for the false info.

TITAN Z4
06-27-2010, 05:33 PM
ok thanks and is there a way to check how many races you ave won with a certain car??
also you are talking about single player right?? cuz i cant find metallic paint or anything else for cars that i have won with...

red mist 85
06-27-2010, 06:22 PM
ok thanks and is there a way to check how many races you ave won with a certain car??
also you are talking about single player right?? cuz i cant find metallic paint or anything else for cars that i have won with...

No, you can't use the metallic, pearlescent and candy paints in single player. It's only online. As for checking how many races you've won with a certain car (online), just press :ybut: on the car select screen.

TITAN Z4
06-27-2010, 06:35 PM
ok thanks sooo much!!