PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Serious MVP help

DaHrtOfDaWhtDrGn
06-23-2010, 06:10 PM
its sad but true cant seem to get it I always end up in 2nd and the best way i found to do it is in solo death match

Mars Renegade
06-23-2010, 06:18 PM
Scout with Cloak, Mark Target, Null Ray and Scatter Blaster.

Good luck.

saurus
06-23-2010, 07:32 PM
I got it doing the Extinction game mode... the one with the bomb.

Whoever plants the bomb gets somewhere between 8 and 10 points on the leaderboard, just make sure you are the one grabbing and planting the bomb. Rack up some kills in between, and it's an easy first place. When I got the MVP, I had planted the bomb twice, and ended up with a score of 30 something while the second place guy had 16 since he only planted it once (since 3 bomb plants = you win).

Most people on XBL seem to ignore the objective on objective based games making it easy for you to swoop in.

metallicfiend83
06-23-2010, 08:41 PM
I just got mine, what I did was play as a solider with the X12 Scrapmaker and had the sharp shooter ability on. I had a freind that was playing as a scientist staying close and I just dominated. If you don't have any freinds that sucks but just try to stick near a random who might help, as rare as it is for a random to help it does happen lol

metallicfiend83
06-23-2010, 08:42 PM
Oh and i did it in Team Death Match

RK1 R33D
06-24-2010, 06:28 AM
Deathmatch with the soldier is your best bet without Boosting. I did it as a scientist, but the soldier class is much better imo.

DreddPirate Rob
06-24-2010, 06:38 AM
got mine playing CTP. i delivered the mace thing to my base twice and got it.

Used a scout to get into the base while invisible then just used dash, jumps, air dashes, and invisiblility to make my escape.

Cypher_Cobra
06-24-2010, 06:51 AM
Conquest would probably be pretty good because you don't have to be the most badass player ever to have the highest score.

In fact I've got 28 kills and 0 deaths with the next highest kill level being 14 kills. My overall score was 34 and I was beaten out by someone with a 44 overall.

Which means as long as you focus on capturing objectives and killing anyone trying to capture your objectives you should out score most people since they all mostly out to kill people. All you have to do now is hope you're on the winning side so you the scoring opportunies.

Geegeez
06-24-2010, 02:47 PM
Did this in TDM as a level 4 Leader, lol. It's not really hard. Just grab the shields every time they pop, know where the energon cubes are to refill your health, and use the barrier and WarCry as often as possible. Soften enemies up with your gun and follow up with melee if necessary.

If you're still having trouble, you can try to be cheap and follow your teammates and just mop up their kills. Scout would probably work best since you can cloak.

DaHrtOfDaWhtDrGn
06-24-2010, 03:18 PM
Thanks for all ur help guys I got it the soldier upgrade way

The5thCylon
06-25-2010, 03:34 AM
I got the achievement playing a conquest match, but my roommate and I just spent most of the night playing power struggle. With a soldier plus whirlwind and the abilities that boost it, I was pretty consistently coming in first. Run into a nod with a bunch of enemies and whirlwind like crazy.

12ozkrue
06-25-2010, 04:17 AM
I got the achievement playing a conquest match, but my roommate and I just spent most of the night playing power struggle. With a soldier plus whirlwind and the abilities that boost it, I was pretty consistently coming in first. Run into a nod with a bunch of enemies and whirlwind like crazy.
Team Death Match is how i got mine, i've gotten quite decent with the solider, just blasting in tank mode, transforming and letting go with a well timed whirlwind, melee/blind fire FTW! :)

The5thCylon
06-25-2010, 02:06 PM
Team Death Match is how i got mine, i've gotten quite decent with the solider, just blasting in tank mode, transforming and letting go with a well timed whirlwind, melee/blind fire FTW! :)

The nice thing about power struggle though, is that everyone is always heading to the same place. So it's easy to come up on the node, run in and take out 2 or 3 people easily with just one whirlwind. You rack up massive points in just a few seconds.

operation remie
06-25-2010, 02:23 PM
got mine in conquest. there were only 6 people (including me) in the game so it actually was simple. just constantly go for the a-b-c locations and kill everyone. for some reason, i had 42 and the 2nd place guy barely had over 20

Bajan Elite
06-25-2010, 06:16 PM
If you are good you will get it no matter what mode. TDM is where i got mine, my second match.

Blitzer88
06-25-2010, 09:14 PM
Man this is sooo frustrating for me to get! I have come in second overall so many times! I have played about 20 games and nothing!

DaHrtOfDaWhtDrGn
06-25-2010, 09:31 PM
man this is sooo frustrating for me to get! I have come in second overall so many times! I have played about 20 games and nothing!

i feel your pain same exact damn thing happend to me!!!!

Do death match unless you like capturing flags

i would not recommend team death do to the fact that you gotta fight for top overall player on decepticon and autobots

deadpool316
06-25-2010, 09:53 PM
I got that one my 2nd match in team dm

Darth Rinoa
06-26-2010, 12:50 AM
I got mine on my second match of team dm as well.

I was using a scout, got to a 5 kill streak and then went on a meleeing frenzy as my health was regenerating for a limited period and I must of got about 12 kills in a row.

zxcfg44
06-27-2010, 03:47 PM
This is one achievement i wont be getting, i always come last
I suck at this game:mad:

Scnew
06-27-2010, 09:51 PM
Man. I keep coming in 2nd place in Team Deathmatch consistently. It's lame. And the last time, I was first on my team, and we won, and I was excited... but someone on the losing team had more points. Arrrrgh.

Blitzer88
06-28-2010, 03:20 AM
I finally got it! Got it my second game in deathmatch. If anyone is having trouble with getting it I would do as Darth said and play deathmatch, makes it much easier!

neok182
06-28-2010, 03:35 AM
what i've done, and it's worked a good dozen times is this:

Conquest with Scientist, shockwave or sentry, and disguise. also add the upgrades to make the disguise last longer.

it doesn't work against all people, but the disguise can work miracles and on conquest your score is based on the points you capture. so just fly around and capture points and get whatever kills you can to boost it as well.

this has worked wonders for me. got the achievement my first night playing with this method.

rurouni_crow
06-28-2010, 08:43 AM
I got it in my very first online match, in Team Deathmatch, and I arrived late.
Scout class, cloak, snipe like hell.

Eksy
06-29-2010, 04:31 AM
I just got this in Team Deathmatch with a Soldier and mainly using the x12 Scrapmaker and blasting away with the tank.
A little luck didn't hurt - I'm not the best at this game. ^^
Good luck everyone!

Tsukasa117
06-29-2010, 09:24 AM
Yeah I did this achievement on day one because I knew that as people leveled up and got better perks we would end up having a form of Bioshock 2 syndrome were all the lower level people would have a much harder time getting it. Like many of you I did Extinction and made sure I planted 2 successful bomb plant as a scout with Cloak and Dash. Its much easier to get this achievement on objective based games as apposed to deathmatch since your ability to counter all the nuances and glitch play of other players doesn't play much into the overall game score.

neubourn
06-30-2010, 05:16 AM
I got mine on Conquest as a Soldier. Takes some luck, i happened to be in a room where people were my level or lower, and most decided to play as scientists for some reason. I just capped alot of flags, and if they tried to cap one, i rushed in with my buffed whirlwind and started destroying them...plus the scrapmaker is godly.

enilson
06-30-2010, 06:54 AM
Been frustrating for me - playing mostly as Soldier and exclusively TDM. Been 2nd many times. I guess I should try some of the other game types and see how it goes.

Katarn84
06-30-2010, 01:16 PM
Is there a chance to get in a private match 1 vs 1 with a friend?
I just started MP so I'll just try the right way for now, but I wish to know if there's this bypass, just to be sure.

W. Samuel Jones III
06-30-2010, 04:18 PM
I got MVP yesterday playing with a scientist...just fly to every capture point set up your sentry gun and use disguise to get some kills...

You will be MVP in no time and I level up quickly in conquest.:drunk

mickjsg
06-30-2010, 09:18 PM
I just got it. :woop:

I was the only one bothering to capture in my team, and the combo of my turret, melee & heath drain while using Scientist was decimating enemies. :D

Lailoken
06-30-2010, 09:27 PM
Looks like I need to try the Scientist. My run-n-gun brute of a Soldier isn't quite getting the job done (or it could be that I just suck!) It's still a lot of fun though. I play Conquest almost exclusively because it's a bit more fun for me than the other modes.

Xanamaros
06-30-2010, 10:05 PM
Looks like I need to try the Scientist. My run-n-gun brute of a Soldier isn't quite getting the job done (or it could be that I just suck!) It's still a lot of fun though. I play Conquest almost exclusively because it's a bit more fun for me than the other modes.
Try using a scout, walk alone, and deal with your targets one by one.
When you see a leader walking alone, don't even bother, he'll slaughter you once he gets his buff up, even if you backstab him. Always start the fight with a melee strike in the back, then just blast away with your shotgun. Also try holding the left trigger for fine aim, I've noticed it takes far less shots because it gets really accurate.
Recently I've also been working on sniping people, the Null Ray works wonders I tell you. When I wanted to end up first whilst sniping, stealing kills worked best for me. Just stick with a group, stay cloaked and stay a bit behind them. As soon as the bullets start flying, snipe the weakest char.(When you snipe you're not cloaked anymore, don't forget that!) This way you should end up getting a good 10+ kills. Also, make sure you don't die, don't be afraid to dash around a corner, cloak, and drive off if things get too hot.

The perks I use are: Surprise attack. ( More damage when coming out of cloak).
This'll also get you 75 or 100 extra EXP for every kill.
Health Matrix. ( Gain health for every kill).
Blaster Amplifier. ( 2 extra clips of ammo).
Blaster Amplifier is such a godsent to me, I always ended up without ammo in firefights, with this perk that problem is gone. It gets you 14(?) extra shotgun shots and 10(?) extra Null Ray shots.

On a final note: Know your surroundings, this is really important.
Know where people spawn, how to walk around certain areas for flanking etc.

These strategies usually give me a score of 15+ kills and 1 or 2 deaths. Ofcourse this may vary depending on the skill of the user.

I hope this helped you out, and if you're still having trouble we can also tag team, I need to level up my scientist anyway.

mickjsg
07-01-2010, 12:25 PM

It's worth a shot anyway. The Scientist is well suited to Conquest, since its more mobile than the other classes.
Even though I died a lot I got an insane amount of kills.
The healing grenade & repair gun are really useful for healing teammates & the sentry turret, and rockets fired from a jet are great for bombing a conquest point.

Lailoken
07-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the tips guys. I'll give them a whirl and if I still have problems, I'll hit you up.

Katarn84
07-02-2010, 07:41 AM
Well, looks like I got it easy playing as a scout on orbiting rubble (or what it's called). I had 10 kills like another player and just gave some lead-poisoning in the back to a Slipstream model with the last kill of a team Deathmatch... ^^ Now I'll try to get as far as I can with the scout experience in the next 9 hours before my Live expires.

Scnew
07-02-2010, 02:15 PM
Finally got it this morning on Deathmatch as a Scout. I was 8 kills ahead of the next highest person. :D

jcmoorehead
07-05-2010, 04:40 PM
Was about 3 kills away from getting it earlier on as a scout. What I find annoying about it really is that assists don't really factor into your score. I'd probably have got the damn thing 10 times over by now if they did.

mickjsg
07-05-2010, 05:13 PM
Assists are annoying, aren't they. :mad:

At least you get some XP for them though.

jcmoorehead
07-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Assists are annoying, aren't they. :mad:

At least you get some XP for them though.

Aye well the level grinding doesn't bother me as such, it's just I really want to get this MVP achievement out of the way. Then I can just enjoy the multiplayer.

mickjsg
07-05-2010, 06:02 PM
I got it pretty randomly, surprising really - I was throwing myself at the enemy to get captures.

Lailoken
07-05-2010, 08:42 PM
I finally got this yesterday morning. I was playing the Power Struggle mode as a Leader and just dominated. I was quite happy about that since I normally suck at MP things.

lordwade66
07-06-2010, 09:34 PM
I got mine by accident, using the scout, my least favorite class, in conquest. I killed a soldier, took his shotgun, and kept cloaking and flanking the wounded enemies I passed going from one zone to the next. Once the achievement popped I was so shocked that I called it quits for the night. I am so terrible at mp that I never expected to get it.

UCB Disco
07-08-2010, 06:42 AM
I know everyone has their opinion of how they got this, so I'll give my 2 cents too.

I'm NOT good at this game. Period. Like, seriously. For the longest time, I got my ass kicked from left to right, front to back. I was either last or second to last like every match. But then I got my crap together, and here are my tips;

I have been MVP with both the Leader and Soldier class on more than one occasion, and I've been 2nd and 3rd with both Scout and Scientist. The secret is to do objective based multiplayer. I highly recommend Conquest, like everyone else says.

From their, just stick to the objectives. Capture and defend the points. You get 3 points per capture, 2 for a defend, and only 1 point for killing someone. This easily allows someone just capturing to be the MVP, as it gives the most points. Using both the Leader and Soldier gives you more life and stronger weapons, which means longer lifespan and a better means of killing.

When you hear that a point has been captured or is being captured, race straight to it and do what you can. The more you try, the better the chance you have to get points. One match I got 46 points doing this, while the 2nd place guy got 31. I only got like 10 kills, but my capture and defend points alone put me in 1st place.

Just remember to pay attention to the objectives and go to the points quickly. If you're team is already in the means of capturing, hurry even more, as you will still net the 3 points for only being there at the end.

Hope this helps! ;)

XIRand0m HeroIX
07-09-2010, 10:20 PM
Haha myfriend got his in our 1st match because when we joined TDM we were never assigned a team. Everyone in the lobby was free game for the both of us as we were to them. He got more kills than me and it popped for him

the_b1ues
07-15-2010, 07:44 PM
Just got mine on conquest used a solder and just kept capturing as many hills as i could and whenever a hill was being attacked just ran in and used whirlwind seemed to work ok. Came 1st by about 12 points

Nutty Scouser
07-20-2010, 12:58 PM
I was the same - but i started doing Conquest and just keep taking flags taking flags more flags and dont bother killing - mine unlocked yesterday but i came top twice again last night so I find it best that way ......:uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi :

Angelky
08-04-2010, 06:01 PM
my problem is that i keep coming in second in one match. then the game will either freeze or the host will quit.

I know thats expected..but when i lose all my progress..thats when i get mad..

I hope i can unlock this achievement soon. cause all my classes are lv 10 but my scout. who is lv 7..

shadowolf94
08-16-2010, 05:00 AM
i need help i always end up third or fourth only second once can any one hel me i will be on monday from 5 to whenever my gt is ironshadowolf94 please help me

bigbear2face
08-16-2010, 04:13 PM
Conquest would probably be pretty good because you don't have to be the most badass player ever to have the highest score.

In fact I've got 28 kills and 0 deaths with the next highest kill level being 14 kills. My overall score was 34 and I was beaten out by someone with a 44 overall.

Which means as long as you focus on capturing objectives and killing anyone trying to capture your objectives you should out score most people since they all mostly out to kill people. All you have to do now is hope you're on the winning side so you the scoring opportunies.

Sounds like your score was high enough that you aren't one of the types of players that I HATE playing conquest with. So this IS NOT directed at you.

I don't know how many times I've seen a player go 18-5 or something like that and still be at or near the very bottom of the list in points. I'm sorry but if you want to just get kills and not go after the objective then go play TDM or DM. It defeats the entire team concept of conquest (not to mention negates the exp boost you get by taking nodes) if you aren't going after the nodes.

And don't give me that crap that your kills helped us get the nodes. Typically players who are getting tons of kills and not getting points are winning 1 v 1 battles with enemies who are no where near nodes while the rest of their team is OUTNUMBERED fighting at a node.

It's even worse when you have 2 or 3 players like this on your team. There is no excuse for you entire team to have positive k/d ratios and to lose a conquest round. On several occasions I've had the worst k/d with like a 14-10 but had 20 more points then the next closest on my team and our team has lost the conquest round by like 80 points. Thats absolutely ridiculous, GO PLAY DM.

As for what this thread is actually about: Like others have said, play conquest or power struggle and focus on the nodes. If you are pretty skilled you should still have a decent amount of kills and will consistently be in the top 4 in points on the server and often times will be MVP. I probably average about 15 kills and 10 deaths throughout most of my games (some classes better, some worse) and I get MVP pretty regularly because I am always pushing to the nodes.

Angelky
08-26-2010, 02:38 AM
i already posted in another forum. but i came in first on my team, and it didn't unlock for me.. i was pissed to. any ideas why?

circus1776
08-30-2010, 09:38 PM
i already posted in another forum. but i came in first on my team, and it didn't unlock for me.. i was pissed to. any ideas why?

same thing happened to me. I think it's because there may have been someone on the other team with a higher score.

Fuzz83
08-31-2010, 04:27 PM
you have to be the highest score in the entire game/match not just your team

Agent X
09-05-2010, 11:00 PM
Thought I'd throw out what worked for 2 of my friends:
In Deathmatch, pick a guy who is going to get the MVP (preferbly as a scout) and find a little out-of-way part of the map, then whomever is helping him (be it 1 person or several, preferably as Scientists) and meet up with himto let him kill you/you all. Respawn and repeat.

It work for my friends because while the other players were busy wasting time hunting each other down, we made a bee-line and each got the MVP/ended the match before anyone else could rack up enough kills.

(I say scout because the cloak can hide them from the occasional straggler and Scientists because they can cover a lot more ground.)

LUCKY 40
10-15-2010, 03:33 PM
Hey can anyone help me rank up on this rig not many play anymore it seems so hit me up if you can help you scratch mine i'll sratch yours lucky 40

Honeycut1ddp
10-16-2010, 06:51 PM
I got MVP last night while playing conquest with the 10xp. Just kept flying to the different points and on my 3rd game I managed to get it.

TombRaiser
10-16-2010, 08:54 PM
I got my MVP by surprise about 2 weeks ago. I played Conquest as a Leader. I don't remember what I did, but I'm sure it involved a lot of capturing.

bauerpower777
04-28-2013, 10:49 PM
anyone care to help me with this achivement i know it seems this post is dead but if anyone reads this please message me at HOLLOWZANPAKUT0