PDA

View Full Version : I did not see that coming!

Cable Player
06-23-2010, 10:07 PM
So did Microsoft give special permissions, or can any game go to 1850 :gsicon: now? (Instead of 1750 :gsicon: )

I have to admit, I was expecting the first game to go over Microsofts limit of 1750 :gsicon: would be one in the Call of Duty series or Halo Series!

dmfaust
06-23-2010, 11:49 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/warhammer-40k-dawn-of-war-2/achievements/

2k GS.

weffalump
06-24-2010, 12:25 AM
I'd expect them to add Bop It and/or Operation at some point to bump this up to 2000. That'll be the reason they didn't give these 3 new ones 200 each.

Arcade games are starting to sneak up to 300gs each, so I wouldn't be surprised to see some retails sneaking up to 2000.

TenderCookie
06-24-2010, 12:38 AM
Wow, 2k GS in one game

The Pants Party
06-24-2010, 01:24 AM
Sigh... neither of these are singular games though. Warhammer is two retail games, 1000 each, in a single list. This is now 10 arcades shoved in a single list. Neither is under the same rules as games like Gears or Halo that have multiple pieces of DLC for the same core game.

A SINGLE game can't go over 1750. The two "games" that have gone over that are compilations.

dmfaust
06-24-2010, 05:10 AM
Dawn of War 2 isn't two seperate games, just an expansion. Several major titles have had them(Dragon Age, Oblivion) and not gone up to anywhere near 2k. And that is even sticking strictly with what the developers themselves choose to label as expansions, as DLC is just a buzzword for digital distribution of expansions piecemeal. Hell, the major DLC even gets the same retail treatment as the releases actively labeled under expansions. It's certainly a technicality it slipped by on, being a Windows Live title as well, but it's still not two games so flies directly in the face of the supposed limit. I mean really, look at the Tomb Raider Legend DLC. It is quite literally an entirely seperate game--one that was even available as its own retail product and game entry. If the logic behind Dawn of War 2 expansion getting a full 1,000 for itself is that it was "it's own game"(a compilation of two games and not a singular game with an expansion) then they completely goes against already established norms either way.

In short, in either scenario it would be filed under(single game + expansion or two individual titles) it is still a landmark and shouldn't be dismissed as such.

Going back to Family Game Night, it also raises some questions of inconsistency. Primarily in that 1850 allows 150 for each of the three new releases. I'd certainly agree that the 200 per was a fairly straight forward allotment for the first batch of games based on each being a self contained "game" in their own right... but then that begs the question if such a standard was already established, and at least one other game has been already given an exception to break 1750, why not a full 200 for each of the new titles as well? Again, in any scenario it is arbitrary and goes against any concept of limits and standards in place so deserves its due.

Cable Player
06-24-2010, 08:07 AM
I was going to quote a load of replys, but as Pants has put it I understand now.

Thanks Pants, I would have gotten so confused!

So a single game cannot go over 1750 but the ones that have are compilations of different games.

Cheers :)

weffalump
06-24-2010, 08:11 AM
Sigh... neither of these are singular games though. Warhammer is two retail games, 1000 each, in a single list. This is now 10 arcades shoved in a single list. Neither is under the same rules as games like Gears or Halo that have multiple pieces of DLC for the same core game.

A SINGLE game can't go over 1750. The two "games" that have gone over that are compilations.

If FGN is classed as a compilation of arcade games, then why dont these new additions have 200 each? Isn't that the minimum requirement?