PDA

View Full Version : Gold on advanced/point system/strategy

_DoTTeR_
06-24-2010, 12:11 AM
I didn't see a thread dedicated to this so I decided to post the information I gathered.

Advanced

Points vary on group #

For Gold
Group of four - 10,000 points ( people have reported the herd with 7,000 points) Aim for 10K though to be safe
Group of three - 7,500-8200 Not sure but between those
Group of two - < 6,000

Missions that vary, no true amount known yet for gold.

The Herd: Group of four (7,700 < 8,000 (15 cows herded) reported see post # 7
River: Group of two 9,000 scored 24 minutes. See post #22
The Herd: Group of four 5,700
River: Group of four 8,680 (Silver) Confirmed $10,000 for gold.

Group of four: All missions
The Escape: $ 8860
Ammunition: $ 8750
The Herd: $ 6040
Kidnapped Girl: $ 8045
Walton Gold: $ 8640

I suggest all being leveled up and choosing the all weapons class (no holds barred?)

On most maps especially Ammunition, Escape,kidnapped girl use the sniper rifle and only shoot when guaranteed a head shot. Doing this enables a 2x multiplier and can generate from 25-125 per kill depending on kill streak number. This also adds up money for getting kill streaks.

Escape: group of three- Always have someone ride as a horseback. At initial start have a lone sniper rack up the kills ( can get 1400-1700) Use the cannon at tumble weed and have someone play medic to cannon, and the other watch flank with dynamite. *NOTE* you can sneak attack cannon area by climbing the mountain to left of yellow pathway marker (near gorge) On escape wait for guys to ambush and send ahead a scout to engage enemy.

Kidnapped: Group of two - (let a sole player kill the opening guards (10-14) and for additional $35 let them remount the turret. *Watch out for the guy on top right of hideout* If the player does this correctly you can easily net 1600-2400 off the start. Once you gain the girl and start the escape always stop for enemy ambushes and have one player ride on horseback (enemies tend to go for wagons if the horse rider strays) Nearing the bridge stop and both get out and start sniping *head shots* Can get 400-600. Nearing the farm stop before the enemies notice, exit and circle the farm attempting to get head shots.

Walton's Gold: Group of three - ( Have two stay at the start and snipe heads only) The other does a master flank flanking the top turret guy and the sniper, ending up behind all remaining enemies. Grab all the hold (not sure the bonus obtained, however there is one.) On the ambush remain in the house until the group clears a solid side of the map and start to move around.

Ammunition: Group of three - On the start have two players throw dynamite in each entrance point and have the other rush the right entry way. Upon clearing the fort re group and push out the left entry (from spawn) and push into the left rocks (going Rambo with Mauser pistols on hostels in rocks. Have one player watch the back turret gun and keep them occupied while one of the remaining players snipes all enemies on sandbags (12-14) 1400+. If he runs short on ammo kill the rest off and push toward Hill once safe partially up hill have player three snipe turret enemies and enemies near hill top. Once you gain the hill simply wait and look towards right entrance of fort and provide fire to the enemies to the west.

River: Group of four (vote bottom person out before getting to final point. Play the map straight up and upon departure from the second shore point team total should be around $4,000-$5,000. Upon arrival to final spot have one player (worst) stay on the dock and play medic. I suggest clearing the left side and yellow dots first, however anything works. I've encountered a infinite spawn glitch, were the enemies continue to spawn unless the medic player moves forward on the map. This is both great and dangerous, anyhow once wrapping up the enemies if short have medic player get voted out.

The Herd: Group of three- Have one player continually snipe from the start attempting to get head shots, have others play medic until their ammo runs dry and switch. *NOTE* Can get 10 kill streak reward at start* After finishing off the enemies, have two players scout ahead and engage the spawning of the enemies while the best herder heards the herd. You can get gold with a minimum of 6 cows and 7700 points.

Other tips:
-Always refill your ammo, the sniper can make getting gold a breeze.
-If short on points vote out person in last (Be mutual about it if working in a group)
-Dynamite is your friend
Always stop on wagon missions to kill approaching ambushes.

I'm looking to create a video that is more in depth than this thread, if anyone is willing to help post please.

Mac Chickgun
06-24-2010, 12:34 AM
Thanks for the information and that you are really helping people out with this....but the scoring is not right....I got gold under 10.000 with 4 people so that must be lower...I dont know how much tho....

_DoTTeR_
06-24-2010, 12:40 AM
Thanks for the information and that you are really helping people out with this....but the scoring is not right....I got gold under 10.000 with 4 people so that must be lower...I dont know how much tho....

Maybe its level dependent, I know for sure I scored 9,970 on River with a group of four and got Silver. What level was it?

Razzb3rrys
06-24-2010, 01:13 AM
It's obviously harder to do but is it possible to do all of these with just 2 people if they stay near each other?

This is a really nice detailed guide, thanks for posting it.

GDNA CHR0NIC
06-24-2010, 01:20 AM
Great guide, will come in handy someday...

DENAz666
06-24-2010, 02:17 AM
Maybe its level dependent, I know for sure I scored 9,970 on River with a group of four and got Silver. What level was it?

Nah your right, we had 9500 roughly on River and got silver too :( lol so frustrating.

Great guide though dude, this will definately help!

Siegfried
06-24-2010, 02:25 AM
I just finished my last mission, it was the heard. I got above 10k points on every mission, so I was assuming the same you are, that the minimum you have do to get gold on advanced is 10k.

But, on the heard I got less than 8k, 7700 if I recall correctly. I ended with 15 cows alive. So, at least for this mission I can confirm that in a group of four, if you get above 7000 or 7500 you will get gold. For all the other missions, I had 10k+ on all of them.

_DoTTeR_
06-24-2010, 02:34 AM
It's obviously harder to do but is it possible to do all of these with just 2 people if they stay near each other?

This is a really nice detailed guide, thanks for posting it.

Its not impossible, I've completed kidnapped and Ammunition with a friend. I'd say three of six are near impossible though.

Ch3wBacC4831
06-24-2010, 04:27 AM
The herd i got 8 cows and 7055pts with 4 people and got gold medal! So yeh guessing its on points.

M4EOzzy
06-24-2010, 05:20 AM
Is it time sensitive at all to get Gold? Can you still get it if you die? I've been trying to convince people you can but they insist you can't.

XGearskillerX
06-24-2010, 06:07 AM
Oh my god... First this POS dlc corrupts my save, forcing me to start over from level 1, now it wont give me my "The Mother Lode" achievement!!! :mad:

:uzi:R*

XGearskillerX
06-24-2010, 06:16 AM
Annyone know what i can do to get my achievement? I beat all advanced missions with a gold. I am about to chuck this CD out the window.

Edit: My brother did "The Escape" for me, and he might not have gotten gold on it, so there's still some hope left :(.

_DoTTeR_
06-24-2010, 06:33 AM
Is it time sensitive at all to get Gold? Can you still get it if you die? I've been trying to convince people you can but they insist you can't. I've completed missions and the total time has been over 30 minutes, it may play a small part but nothing huge. Yes, you can die it has no effect on the outcome for gold.

The herd i got 8 cows and 7055pts with 4 people and got gold medal! So yeh guessing its on points.

Strange, I don't know what to say. I'll have to test it when I get the chance.

Annyone know what i can do to get my achievement? I beat all advanced missions with a gold. I am about to chuck this CD out the window.

Edit: My brother did "The Escape" for me, and he might not have gotten gold on it, so there's still some hope left :(.

People are reporting things similar to this, as the current time there is no known fix. I suggest potentially clearing the system cache and recovering your GT, and when that's done stick to private. I had no issues and never played ranked, I'm banking it on being the servers.

LegndoRock
06-24-2010, 12:21 PM
Hey bud this is some pretty damn good information. You mind if I link it to my RDR DLC guide on PS3T?

the_regular_guy
06-24-2010, 12:56 PM
Great, now i'm 100% sure i'll never get gold on advanced.
(Although i'll probably never even gonna complete them at all anyway, so...)

Thx...you bastard :p

Stressneivo
06-25-2010, 01:25 AM
me and a friend did all the advanced maps now with gold exept for The Escape. Seems to be a very tough map to get gold on.

M4EOzzy
06-25-2010, 02:08 AM
Had someone throw a new one at me today. They said if you choose 'No Holds Barred' loadout, it makes the mission more difficult. They said they saw that in one of the loading screen tips. Can anyone confirm this?

TheFalcon
06-25-2010, 04:13 AM
me and a friend did all the advanced maps now with gold exept for The Escape. Seems to be a very tough map to get gold on.

Same thing happened to my sister and I. Got gold on first try for all missions except Escape.

The key is to NOT use the cannon on Tumbleweed. Instead, shoot them manually while on the ground. Go for headshots and chain kills as often as possible. The Carcano helps a lot here if one of you has it unlocked.

The first time we ran it we got 8100 and silver using the cannon on half of Tumbleweed. Second run was 9300 for the gold without the cannon. I'd guess that it's somewhere between 8500 and 9000 for the gold on this mission with 2 people.

jrenfro88
06-25-2010, 09:23 AM
So far me and my friends have been able to gold the missions in 1 or 2 trys, except for The River. The first time we did it kinda slow and some of us died, so on our second playthrough we did it as fast as we could. We beat it in 14 mins, didn't die, got about 9800 points and still got silver. I'm starting to think that time doesn't matter, does anyone remember when they got gold on this mission how fast they did it??

M4EOzzy
06-25-2010, 12:16 PM
We did it in just under 18 minutes, like 17:54...pretty sure time doesn't matter. Other than it might give you slightly higher cash bonus at end...

TheFalcon
06-25-2010, 03:47 PM
All time does is give you an insignifficent bonus at the end of the mission. It would be far more productive to take it slow and go for headshots and chain kills. That's where the big numbers are.

Clockwerk 133
06-25-2010, 07:23 PM
I think time does have something to do with gold metals. Me and a friend did River as just us two and ,while we scored 9000 points, we got silver. Our time was 24 minutes.

_DoTTeR_
06-25-2010, 09:22 PM
Hey bud this is some pretty damn good information. You mind if I link it to my RDR DLC guide on PS3T?

Sure, feel free to

Had someone throw a new one at me today. They said if you choose 'No Holds Barred' loadout, it makes the mission more difficult. They said they saw that in one of the loading screen tips. Can anyone confirm this?

I've never seen it and didn't notice any difference from using Soldier 2 and NHB when fighting enemies.

Not sure though.

The first time we ran it we got 8100 and silver using the cannon on half of Tumbleweed. Second run was 9300 for the gold without the cannon. I'd guess that it's somewhere between 8500 and 9000 for the gold on this mission with 2 people.

If you have a sole player snipe all the people at the start it makes a difference. I've always have had my groups use and and there has been no complications. Interesting technique though I think the main thing is killing all the people while on the stage coach.

I'm sot sure on the time issue, I've never noticed a difference and have spent 30 minutes on missions, if there is its very minimal.

I think time does have something to do with gold metals. Me and a friend did River as just us two and ,while we scored 9000 points, we got silver. Our time was 24 minutes.

I'm not sure it might be possible that River is a set 10,000 regardless of the posse numbers. I'll update your find in my original post.

GDNA CHR0NIC
06-25-2010, 11:02 PM
Thanks for the great info...

PWN3R
06-26-2010, 06:08 PM
For those of you who scored gold on the advanced escape mission, what was your score?

I've had in the 8000s as a team, and have yet to gold it. Is it 9k, 10k? So pissed I went 7200 (individual) one time with one other random guy, and we didn't gold it. :(

litepink
06-27-2010, 09:38 AM
Four people, $5700, Gold, The Herd
Four, $8680, Silver, The River :(. We got a $500 bonus at the end for time. I'm thinking time is just for the end bonus, and not absolutely necessary. I got Gold on some other mission and we got a $100 time bonus.

Mr Rivuz
06-27-2010, 01:57 PM
I just finished the herd in 4 players, in total we got a little more than 6 thousand.
Got gold o__O

Maybe i got lucky, but i found really easy to obtain gold. I've never finished an advanced mission without getting gold...

locust
06-28-2010, 02:45 PM
It seems to me that all medals are completely money based. I have gotten a zero time bonus and still gotten gold. It also seems like the number of member has no effect on the scores. Here is what it took for my golds:

The River $ 11075
The Escape $ 8860
Amunition $ 8750
The Herd $ 6040
Kidnapped Girl $ 8045
Walton Gold $ 8640

And for people who are having trouble with Escape. Do not use the cannons, snipe people from that hill and use the amunition next to the tower/windmill thing to refill if you run out. I had 14 kills and over 3K at that point (all one shot head shots). When you get the stage coach to the end of the mission stop on the last bridge and have everyone but the driver get out. Have them go backward on horse and kill all the guys you missed. You may be giving up a time bonus of $100 or $250 but you get a lot more money killing the soldiers. Once they are dead (or your team dies, if you have bad luck) have the driver cross the line to end the mission.

_DoTTeR_
06-28-2010, 08:12 PM
I'm going to update my original post with all this, how many people did you have?

Seppälä
06-28-2010, 11:17 PM
I've been playing with three other people on advance, all maps, and as long as we got over 8000 in score we got gold.

Annalie
06-29-2010, 01:51 AM
Me and some friends got gold on all advanced missions and NO ACHIEVEMENT wtf? >:O

Amazing Red Fan
06-29-2010, 08:59 AM
On the escape, me and three others achieved gold with only 9425. So glad I finally did them all, now just to grind xp for level 50!

locust
06-29-2010, 02:10 PM
Every one of the scores had four people. I have completed almost all of the maps with 3 also and the cut offs don't seem to change.

Ty-Rex
06-29-2010, 06:02 PM
And for people who are having trouble with Escape. Do not use the cannons, snipe people from that hill and use the amunition next to the tower/windmill thing to refill if you run out. I had 14 kills and over 3K at that point (all one shot head shots). When you get the stage coach to the end of the mission stop on the last bridge and have everyone but the driver get out. Have them go backward on horse and kill all the guys you missed. You may be giving up a time bonus of $100 or $250 but you get a lot more money killing the soldiers. Once they are dead (or your team dies, if you have bad luck) have the driver cross the line to end the mission. This x 1,000. I was trying to help a friend get gold on this mission last night, he also needed the 10 kill streak achievement, so we figured he should get on the cannon while me and the other guy we had covered him. He got taken out immediately by a mounted machine gun, and when the other guy went to revive him, he got killed also. I ended up soloing the entire Tumbleweed section and had over $10,000 by the end of the mission.

So yeah, the cannons are good to use, but you need to take out the AI on the mounted guns first, then you can shoot at the guys at the mansion to get your 10 kill streak if you want to get it on that mission.

_DoTTeR_
06-30-2010, 04:45 AM
Me and some friends got gold on all advanced missions and NO ACHIEVEMENT wtf? >:O

It's a known glitch, not sure how it happens and no true fix has been established.

Attempt to do the typical things (recover,clear cache) if still no achievement attempt to replay in a private room.

nyko2000
06-30-2010, 04:40 PM
Is it possibile to see in which mission you earned the gold medal or you have to rember in which missions you earn?

Seppälä
06-30-2010, 07:18 PM
Is it possibile to see in which mission you earned the gold medal or you have to rember in which missions you earn?
You have to remember.

Chesty
06-30-2010, 09:57 PM
Fucking River pisses me off.

I played it so many times and still no 10000$. It's the last gold medal missing for the achievement. Any tips except of taking headshots all the time? I'm going crazy.

AFreakinCabbag3
06-30-2010, 11:51 PM
Originally posted in wrong thread.

12115 - The River - Advanced 3 people gold.

Chesty
07-01-2010, 05:59 AM
Originally posted in wrong thread.

12115 - The River - Advanced 3 people gold.

So much the worse. :eek:

Goldyman77
07-01-2010, 06:30 AM
I didn't see a thread dedicated to this so I decided to post the information I gathered.

Advanced

Points vary on group #

For Gold
Group of four - 10,000 points ( people have reported the herd with 7,000 points) Aim for 10K though to be safe
Group of three - 7,500-8200 Not sure but between those
Group of two - < 6,000

Missions that vary, no true amount known yet for gold.

The Herd: Group of four (7,700 < 8,000 (15 cows herded) reported see post # 7
River: Group of two 9,000 scored 24 minutes. See post #22
The Herd: Group of four 5,700
River: Group of four 8,680 (Silver)

Group of four: All missions
The Escape: $ 8860
Ammunition: $ 8750
The Herd: $ 6040
Kidnapped Girl: $ 8045
Walton Gold: $ 8640

I suggest all being leveled up and choosing the all weapons class (no holds barred?)

On most maps especially Ammunition, Escape,kidnapped girl use the sniper rifle and only shoot when guaranteed a head shot. Doing this enables a 2x multiplier and can generate from 25-125 per kill depending on kill streak number. This also adds up money for getting kill streaks.

Escape: group of three- Always have someone ride as a horseback. At initial start have a lone sniper rack up the kills ( can get 1400-1700) Use the cannon at tumble weed and have someone play medic to cannon, and the other watch flank with dynamite. *NOTE* you can sneak attack cannon area by climbing the mountain to left of yellow pathway marker (near gorge) On escape wait for guys to ambush and send ahead a scout to engage enemy.

Kidnapped: Group of two - (let a sole player kill the opening guards (10-14) and for additional $35 let them remount the turret. *Watch out for the guy on top right of hideout* If the player does this correctly you can easily net 1600-2400 off the start. Once you gain the girl and start the escape always stop for enemy ambushes and have one player ride on horseback (enemies tend to go for wagons if the horse rider strays) Nearing the bridge stop and both get out and start sniping *head shots* Can get 400-600. Nearing the farm stop before the enemies notice, exit and circle the farm attempting to get head shots.

Walton's Gold: Group of three - ( Have two stay at the start and snipe heads only) The other does a master flank flanking the top turret guy and the sniper, ending up behind all remaining enemies. Grab all the hold (not sure the bonus obtained, however there is one.) On the ambush remain in the house until the group clears a solid side of the map and start to move around.

Ammunition: Group of three - On the start have two players throw dynamite in each entrance point and have the other rush the right entry way. Upon clearing the fort re group and push out the left entry (from spawn) and push into the left rocks (going Rambo with Mauser pistols on hostels in rocks. Have one player watch the back turret gun and keep them occupied while one of the remaining players snipes all enemies on sandbags (12-14) 1400+. If he runs short on ammo kill the rest off and push toward Hill once safe partially up hill have player three snipe turret enemies and enemies near hill top. Once you gain the hill simply wait and look towards right entrance of fort and provide fire to the enemies to the west.

River: Group of four (vote bottom person out before getting to final point. Play the map straight up and upon departure from the second shore point team total should be around $4,000-$5,000. Upon arrival to final spot have one player (worst) stay on the dock and play medic. I suggest clearing the left side and yellow dots first, however anything works. I've encountered a infinite spawn glitch, were the enemies continue to spawn unless the medic player moves forward on the map. This is both great and dangerous, anyhow once wrapping up the enemies if short have medic player get voted out.

The Herd: Group of three- Have one player continually snipe from the start attempting to get head shots, have others play medic until their ammo runs dry and switch. *NOTE* Can get 10 kill streak reward at start* After finishing off the enemies, have two players scout ahead and engage the spawning of the enemies while the best herder heards the herd. You can get gold with a minimum of 6 cows and 7700 points.

Other tips:
-Always refill your ammo, the sniper can make getting gold a breeze.
-If short on points vote out person in last (Be mutual about it if working in a group)
-Dynamite is your friend
Always stop on wagon missions to kill approaching ambushes.

I'm looking to create a video that is more in depth than this thread, if anyone is willing to help post please.

Hey, great job with the thread so far, if you want help or want to help me towards this just message me, the gamertag is goldyman77. Good Luck!

Goldyman77
07-01-2010, 06:33 AM

Hey, I haven't completed all the missions on advanced yet but I did have some achievement difficulty when it came to unlocking a few other achievements in this game. After trying to get them a few times, they finally unlocked, don't know exactly what it is but perhaps you should try again. If you need help just message me, my gamertag is goldyman77

AFreakinCabbag3
07-02-2010, 11:26 AM
So much the worse. :eek:

It's easy really we ran through twice with around 14-18 mins getting silver. So I said lets just headshot as many as we can so them two were like ok then they still ran in spraying rifles and died.

So I just sat back and headshot everyone and blew up people hiding round corners. Then at the end we just cleared it didnt care for headshots but we knew we had it done when we left for the last island tho. My score was 8,000+ my mate was 3000+ and the other <1000 Time 30 mins

ACES11
07-03-2010, 04:18 AM
On the river, we had 9840, group of 4, 20 minutes and got silver. So I think it may be 10000

_DoTTeR_
07-06-2010, 06:19 AM
Sorry for the neglect on the thread, was killing myself getting my 100 on GoW2. Will update the guide with the new posts.

Trash Man
07-07-2010, 08:33 AM
On the river, we had 9840, group of 4, 20 minutes and got silver. So I think it may be 10000

We had a group of 4 yesterday and got 9860, which was silver. Next go we got 10020 and that was gold :)

Barad
07-09-2010, 12:56 PM
Thanks for this, I think the River is sooo hard to get gold on, got silver on it 3 times now soo annoying! I allways play with 3 others but we never make 10000 points despite with me alone made around 4000 points, my team allways freaking suck! :mad:

LordOdadjian
07-11-2010, 01:35 AM
UGH, I beat every advanced mission and didn't get any achievement. I've golded them all except for Ammunition... I shudder to think of what will happen when I gold Ammunition. I HATE glitched achievements. :mad::mad:

NeoSant
07-11-2010, 05:45 AM
Got every gold except the river that had 9520 with a team of 3... and i complete it more than 5 times, i think more than 10... hate that mission :(, but every game i got a partner that do 1000 points or worse :S

EDIT: And i note that in the parts that you are going through the river the game doesnt count the kills, only the chains and give you very little for them... I got a 20 one and was like 100$... less than 1 headshot...

prodigy8771
07-12-2010, 02:40 PM
if anyone needs help, message me and ill be glad to help

gt: prodigy8771

SKOALboy05
07-13-2010, 07:25 AM
anyone can contact me or prodigy we are willing to help with the coop missions...gt-SKOALboy05 and/or prodigy8771

xXKaternator
07-27-2010, 03:41 AM
Just got done playing the river with 4 people and did it in under 15min and around $10300 and got gold.

Angelus01
07-31-2010, 02:16 PM
The River $ 147xx

3ppl 27mins Gold lol

Weeksy
08-15-2010, 11:16 PM
I just need gold on The Escape now, if anyone wants to help message me GT : iPRO xW33kSyy

Colossus033
05-04-2011, 02:51 AM
thanks man, great guide. finally put this cheev to rest..
again, many many thanks

cheers

DaNiSeL
06-16-2011, 01:18 PM
Only need gold on the Escape and the River, just finished the River with three people and around 9500 points, silver medal.....
Both me and the other guy scored around 4000 point other guy, did not do so well, but ialso have those days that i cannot seem to get a decent amount.

If anyone wants to help on the Escape and the River i would be very happy :)

GT : DaNiSeL

Xyntorz
07-05-2011, 02:04 AM
I need to Gold all the Advanced Missions. Anyone interested? GT: Xyntorz

cjdavies
07-29-2011, 09:35 PM
I only have The River to complete.

AceMurphy
04-18-2012, 07:29 PM
Not a bad guide. A little off in some places though.