PDA

View Full Version : Saving Private Potter?

B1GM13
06-24-2010, 07:03 AM
niel Radcliffe will soon be trading in his wand for a rifle as the 20-year-old actor has been cast in the lead role of the WWI epic All Quiet on the Western Front (http://uk.movies.ign.com/objects/078/078853.html).

According to Variety (http://www.boffo.com/2010/06/daniel-radcliffe-to-star-in-all-quiet-on-the-western-front.html), Radcliffe will play the role of Paul Baumer, a young German soldier who is deployed to France and experiences the terrors of trench warfare. The story first appeared as a novel written by Erich Maria Remarque in 1929, with Lewis Milestone's film adaptation grabbing Best Picture honors the following year.

All Quiet on the Western Front has achieved classic status in the war genre for depicting teenage German boys who naively enlist in the army, only to discover the incredibly violent and distressing nature of early 20th century warfare.

Ian Stokell and Leslie Paterson have a script ready and will produce through their Sliding Down Rainbows Entertainment banner. Don't expect this one anytime soon however. Filming will not begin until 2012 since Radcliffe is set to star in the Broadway musical How to Succeed in Business without Really Trying once he wraps up the final chapter of the Harry Potter film series.

source - ign.com

Schism
06-24-2010, 07:07 AM
could be good. he isnt that bad of an actor.

Iconoclast
06-24-2010, 02:11 PM
Interesting. I like Radcliffe as an actor, so this definitely has potential. However, it's going to be odd to see him out of his typical wizard role. I wonder if he'll have any problems with the transition. Either way, I think this will probably be a good watch.

PointPlaceWI
06-27-2010, 04:00 PM
I'll admit who ever made the casting decisions for the Harry Potter films had a remarkably keen sense of talent. All the main roles have impressed me and I hope that Daniel Radcliffe (along the others) do find success outside of the Harry Potter series and am therefore looking forward to this movie.

rvlution
06-27-2010, 09:05 PM
For a second I thought it meant he wasn't doing the last HP. Kinda freaked for a second lol

KFZ Scrubs
06-28-2010, 02:47 AM
Hmmm, so far that's all i've seen him in.... wizard movies and World War movies.... by that i mean Harry potter franchise and My Boy Harry.

Pentexrx8
06-29-2010, 01:23 PM
Interesting. All Quiet on the Western Front is one of my favorite books of all time. I have only ever seen the first Harry Potter flick and that was forever ago. I just wonder why they didnt pick a German?

Nozza XBA
06-29-2010, 01:25 PM
he isnt that bad of an actor.

I get it.. thats a joke.. right?

Schism
06-30-2010, 08:11 AM
I get it.. thats a joke.. right?

he has played the Harry Potter role very well...read all the books. so yeah i dont think of him as a bad actor. Although i am worried if his "transition" from those movies into a movie like this would be good or bad.

Nozza XBA
06-30-2010, 08:36 AM
he has played the Harry Potter role very well...read all the books. so yeah i dont think of him as a bad actor.

You know thats not acting! lol

The book are good yes but its reading which is completly different from acting!

Personally, I think most of the actors/actress's in Harry Potter are crap but have got a bit better over time! They were all just taken off the street due to there look-a-like to the book characters and I think Emily Watson was the only person with a little acting experience.

If you dont have the raw talent/gift for acting, no acting lessons in the world can give you the talent to act!

jtr1gg3r
06-30-2010, 03:21 PM
nozza..... its Emma Watson =P

Harry Potter 1 was alright the 2nd was a bit better, but then it got shit

jamie1000013
07-01-2010, 01:42 PM
You know thats not acting! lol

The book are good yes but its reading which is completly different from acting!

Personally, I think most of the actors/actress's in Harry Potter are crap but have got a bit better over time! They were all just taken off the street due to there look-a-like to the book characters and I think Emily Watson was the only person with a little acting experience.

If you dont have the raw talent/gift for acting, no acting lessons in the world can give you the talent to act!

Daniel Radcliffe did David Copperfield before harry potter so he did have some acting experiance before hand.

Also My boy jack someone else mentioned was pretty good and he did a decent job in that.

A

PsychoMantis SF
07-01-2010, 01:45 PM
I don't rate Daniel Radcliffe at all tbh, he didn't really make that much of a mark in the Harry Potter films, but then again I'm not a fan of the films anyway. Hopefully he can spread his wings and do better in other roles and actually show me he's a quality actor.

Starstrukk X360A
07-01-2010, 03:22 PM
Oh my god yes. I'd love to see him in a completely different genre of films.