PDA

View Full Version : Get Him To The Greek!

B1GM13
06-24-2010, 09:22 AM
Well saw this night. Gotta say while it had its funny moments, it definatly wasnt what i was expecting,

given that it was produced by Judd Apatow and his back catalouge is pretty damn awesome (Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Pineapple Express, Step Brothers, Drill Bit Taylor, Walk Hard, Super Bad, Knocked up, 40 year old Virgin, Talladega Nights, Anchorman ETC ETC)

i was expecting it to be pretty similar to his past films in that their pretty stupid the majority of the way through, and if they do have a more serious story line (Knocked Up) the humour still outways the sensable stuff.

well on this occasion it was alot more Russell Brand singing, and alot more touchy emotional stuff (Brands Dad story, Johah Hills relationship issues, Brands kid and ex gf, Brands life as a rocker being empty)

there was one stand out moment though in terms of comedy right after Jonahs character and P.Diddy had smoked a 'Geoffry' but aside from that there wasnt so many memorable one liners than i'd normally expect.

anyone else seen it? feel the same about it?

rvlution
06-24-2010, 02:30 PM
Haven't seen it but doesn't really seem like it could be that funny. When I heard of it I immediately thought it looked boring.

Jemocasa
06-24-2010, 03:48 PM
I have to disagree with you there mate. It's exactly like all the rest of Judd Apatow's movies (at least the one's I've seen). There's a lot of laughs, it has some messed up relationships that get fixed by the end, and it's too long.

Marcus issavage
06-24-2010, 06:49 PM
The trailers looked pretty crappy but since I like Jonah Hill, I decided to watch it and it was actually pretty funny. But my recommendation for anyone is do not watch the last 20-30 minutes, it just ruins the film

HarperBird
06-28-2010, 12:27 PM
The trailers looked pretty crappy but since I like Jonah Hill, I decided to watch it and it was actually pretty funny. But my recommendation for anyone is do not watch the last 20-30 minutes, it just ruins the film

I would agree some parts where really funny but towards the end it just went downhill and it didn't know if it wanted to be serious or funny!

6/10

INFILTRATORxDGx
07-04-2010, 02:35 AM
I saw this movie the day it came out, It was actually more funny than I had expected. I'd give it 7/10

Snowwwwy
07-04-2010, 02:41 AM
Yeh I thought it was pretty funny. I love Russell Brand man.. so funny. And his accent. Awesome as haha.

THF_Reborn
07-04-2010, 01:47 PM
I wouldn't watch it again but I did enjoy it, Specifically the smoking of the Geoffry I'm not quite sure If I've ever laughed so hard.

Qonok
07-04-2010, 02:21 PM
given that it was produced by Judd Apatow and his back catalouge is pretty damn awesome (Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Pineapple Express, Step Brothers, Drill Bit Taylor, Walk Hard, Super Bad, Knocked up, 40 year old Virgin, Talladega Nights, Anchorman ETC ETC)

I haven't seen any of these and don't intend to. Other than absolutely disliking Will Ferrell's comedy style (and generally finding him as funny as having infected hemorrhoids), I really don't find these type of movies humorous.

-PS
I do love that Sesame Street clip SilentPulse. Neil Patrick Harris is incredibly funny. Anyone see him in Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog? You can catch it on YouTube still.
YouTube- Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog: Act 1, Part 1

elephantd
07-05-2010, 12:55 AM
I liked it, loved the fur wall secne lol. Mind fucking ftw!

J.Waddo
07-05-2010, 04:38 PM
I have to say I thought it was a good film and I enjoyed it. The best bit is by far the "Geoffrey" scene with the Furry Wall, I couldn't stop laughing. I actually liked some of the songs as well, especially "Furry Walls". :p