PDA

View Full Version : To purchase or not to purchase?

Jericholic101
06-24-2010, 02:22 PM
That is my question. I am really interested in the Freddy Bear pre order bonus through amazon. But I am not sold on the game. I still have game credits through amazon so playing less might be reasonable. Is anyone else having the same concern?

Roxy
06-24-2010, 03:19 PM
I'm pretty much in the same boat ( Freddy rocks! ), sans the Amazon credit. I kinda just wanna take the chance because usually video games don't disappoint so much that I regret making the purchase. I've been watching some gameplay videos and I still am interested. It's just a matter if I can convince myself to buy the game at full price. Most games have been going on sale shortly after release day. Although, this isn't one of those highly anticipated titles. I can't do much to convince you either way, but know that someone else is also wondering if they should take the plunge! hehe

Gorilla
06-24-2010, 04:42 PM
i'm kinda sitting on the fence with it, as well, but went ahead and preordered it at GameStop for the hockey mask. (i'm a jason mark!) my biggest worry is that it's from 505 Games.. the same people that released duds Backbreaker and IL Sturmovik. not exactly the greatest track record.

Vile Denial
06-24-2010, 05:16 PM
i'm kinda sitting on the fence with it, as well, but went ahead and preordered it at GameStop for the hockey mask. (i'm a jason mark!) my biggest worry is that it's from 505 Games.. the same people that released duds Backbreaker and IL Sturmovik. not exactly the greatest track record.

505 games are the publishers. The developers are Artificial Mind and Movement, who are probably best known for WET.

Soulflyy
06-24-2010, 05:18 PM
tbh you might as well wait this game won't keep you intrested for more then 2 months lol

StolenPaper18
06-24-2010, 05:23 PM
tbh you might as well wait this game won't keep you intrested for more then 2 months lol
I agree with this. Personally I am going to wait until I can either rent this game or until it drops to the bargain bin. The game does look rather fun but I don't think it will be a game I would play much after I beat it.

Jericholic101
06-24-2010, 06:13 PM
I agree with most. There is not enough info on this game. My current backlog is ridiculus. The biggest concern is this growing trend of DLC being retailer/console specific. I definitely think the idea of a Jason/Freddy bear killing other Bears sounds fun. But if I wait until the bargain bin will I have missed out on anything? Guess I have 4 days to make a decision.

Gorilla
06-24-2010, 11:12 PM

most games, even the big blockbuster hits, rarely keep my attention for more than 2 weeks. so, if Naughty Bear keeps it for 2 months.. that's a grade-A, top of the line game in my book. but about 9 days will do me, as i'll be picking up Crackdown 2 on the 8th.

Quickdraw
06-24-2010, 11:50 PM
this is a filler game with medium achievements. within around 2 months i wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't pick it up new for under 20 or even pre owned, with 5 differ ways of each levels doing other stuff it sorta stretches it but its the same thing again and again.

atm im not sure what other games i want, i was thinking of crackdown, but i wasn't keen on the first and it prolly has emo pick-ups.

if you can rent this and sit with it full attention a week is plenty to get it done, if not then save for a blockbuster and get it 15-20 in 2-4 months.

senote
06-25-2010, 12:05 AM
I picked it up today, it's fun, and funny but yes it should have been XBLA really, the maps seem to be re-used a lot, in fact I think there are only 3 small maps just re-decorated now and then. It's quoted as 200 ways to kill the bears but I can't see that myself.

I picked up Transformers yesterday and both are disappointments when you consider the trailers and movies and what could have been.

Azrael008uk
06-25-2010, 02:31 PM
I picked it up today and am enjoying myself.

Discovering the different things you can to to the bears is good fun while torturing and tormenting them is very entertaining.

Lots to unlock and many different ways to play.

Az

vlionheartv
06-25-2010, 03:40 PM
its a good game to play

DLStChad II
06-26-2010, 04:08 PM
Dont waste your money, honestly u will be bored after 2hrs:(

Purge
06-26-2010, 04:17 PM
It's a really fun game to play, but IMO it's worth the 30 price tag.

DontMesWithYoda
06-28-2010, 03:43 AM
i pre ordered from game, so got the jason etc costumes, i find it a very fun game, however you do end up sitting there thinking hmm ive done this before quite a bit, as u seem to end up either constantly screaming at the bears to rack up on the points for 30 min or doing the same kills you have done time and time again. The game would have been a lot more interested if more zones were included, since you generally have 3 to work through. Overall it is a very interesting and enjoyable game, for a short period of time :P

DA.PAUL
06-28-2010, 07:21 AM
yeah im not adding anything new everyone has covered it here-the game has some fun,but for me personally it's not for me-and i get 80percent of games that come out-so i find fun in most games-deffo not worth 33pounds i paid for it-your not missing out if you wait till the price drops.

x GrumpyNinja x
06-28-2010, 07:42 PM
i pre ordered this one to get the mike myers costume and knife i just havnt picked it up yet. haha. i will soon thoe.

bluefunkydude89
06-28-2010, 10:50 PM
i might have to wait till the price drops to get this one it sounds like

Jarimy123
06-29-2010, 01:00 PM
I pre-ordered it from amazon for $46 shipped, with the code. Should be here by Thursday or Friday. I didn't opt for the extra $ to get it here by release date, like I did with RDR.

It looks hilarious, and I'll probably end up playing it for a few weeks and then trade it in if it loses it's luster. I'll probably get a decent chunk of change back trading it in. We have a Disc Replay in town, and they give a lot more money than Gamestop does for used stuff.

I don't mind repetitive games - like Bully. But I do tend to beat them quickly and are done with them. This sounds like it will be sort of like Bully, a really hilarious and fun game, but could lose it's luster quicker than a game like Mass Effect 2 or something with great multiplayer.

duckydan
06-29-2010, 02:33 PM
This is on my definite pickup list... if anyone has a K-Mart near them it's on sale for $34.99 according to the k-mart blog. Hoping to PM at best buy to use a gift card but I've wanted it regardless of price since the first trailer.

tommybunnett
06-29-2010, 02:46 PM
i really liked the look of it from the trailers but based on the feedback here i'll probably wait till it's going cheap or i can get a pre owned copy

Jarimy123
06-29-2010, 05:32 PM
If you have a K-Mart by you they have it for $34.99. That's $15 off. Probably won't see it much cheaper than that for at least a couple of months.