PDA

View Full Version : 756mb Installed?

Dark Splank
06-24-2010, 06:21 PM
What the hell? Why is this game so small when installed to the hard drive?

Vile Denial
06-24-2010, 06:45 PM
What the hell? Why is this game so small when installed to the hard drive?

The game is only that size. The rest of the disc is just padding.

True Marvellous
06-24-2010, 07:13 PM
This really should have been a XBLA game or at best a budget retail, its very small and reuses a lot of stuff hence the small size.

Least the narrator is funny but the game play gets old real quick.

Gorilla
06-24-2010, 11:19 PM
wow! that is incredibly small.. i wish they would post some reviews so i know what i'm about to buy, because right now i'm thinking this game isn't going to be worth $50.

Quickdraw
06-25-2010, 12:01 AM
wow! that is incredibly small.. i wish they would post some reviews so i know what i'm about to buy, because right now i'm thinking this game isn't going to be worth $50.

ill be blunt with you my friend, im not convinced it is ive seen it plenty under 30 in the uk and still i feel they are abit much, a lot of the levels and a majority of the items are rehashed and reused. each of the 7 episodes are unique in their own ways but after you played the first episode you know all the items generally, just the locations differ each time.

the challenges on each episode extend its gametime, but untimely keeping all bears alive for max naughtiness and letting them summon cops giving more points its easy to get plat on lots of levels.

ive not tried multi player, but i feel its more than likely just one of them fun modes where you sit down and cause plentiful mayhem and murder, it being the side attaction to keep people intrested and differ from the SP bear murdering.

there is one challenge where they all have top hats and appear to be immune to being cause to go insane so its not easy to rack up points still trying to figure out how to do it with other ones like not getting hit or being seen while racking up as many points as you can in a level.

Personally they could have gotten away with it being DLC game on arcade, levels are hugely vast either, if you sore the e3 demo that's the entire 2nd level, i assumed it would be twice as long.

Think of this as a more friendly version of conkers in a way, if you can rent the game do that, its not a triple a title and you prolly will not want to play it again after 100% it, save your money for the titles coming out in q3/q4 thats where the real money spending and proper games will be coming.

Azrael008uk
06-25-2010, 02:36 PM
The physical amount of data that is on the disc shouldn't be a factor in whether or not you purchase a title.

You should be asking yourself if it's fun, does it look good, does it play well and is it long enough.

So far it's good fun to play, looks alright and plays well enough.

I've only just started playing so I can't comment about length.

Az

t04glovern
06-25-2010, 03:13 PM
and whats even lamer is that it still seems to have trouble loading :S

True Marvellous
06-25-2010, 09:27 PM
It also crashes all the time

abe_mecca
06-25-2010, 10:00 PM
Ive had 3 crashes in 4hrs. Its a pretty below standard game too.

Gorilla
06-26-2010, 01:01 AM
The physical amount of data that is on the disc shouldn't be a factor in whether or not you purchase a title.

the amount of data should be a huge factor in it's pricing. XBLA games are typically less than 1 GB and they sell for $10/$15.. and some of those games are great! so, if Naughty Bear is less than 1 GB, what makes it worth $35/$40 more than an XBLA game?

Quickdraw
06-26-2010, 08:12 AM
well each level only appears to have 2 sections and if you really want you can blow them through in around 10mans just by mass killing everything, i had hopes that the level shown at e3 was just a portion but apparently not, and even then same few areas with stuff moved around and a reskin doesn't surprise me its this small, i just wish they wanted abit longer b4 releasing this, had way too many errors or problems so far very off puttin

Azrael008uk
06-26-2010, 09:17 AM
the amount of data should be a huge factor in it's pricing. XBLA games are typically less than 1 GB and they sell for $10/$15.. and some of those games are great! so, if Naughty Bear is less than 1 GB, what makes it worth $35/$40 more than an XBLA game?

No it's not.

You measure a game by how it how fun it is to play, how it actually plays, how it looks and how long it lasts.

Companies make advances in compression on a weekly basis. They could probably release FF XIII on a single disc now or release "Crysis II" on the 360.

Games are judged on the finished product, not on a Developer's ability or inability to compress data.

Missing out on "Naughty Bear" because you didn't think the hard drive install was large enough for what you, as a member of the non-game developing general public, thought it should be is, well... a little silly.

It's a fun game.

Az

Suki
06-26-2010, 12:08 PM
a lot of games are small like this and are then beefed up with fmv and music/extras and the like it doesnt mean it is a bad game.

TGR
06-26-2010, 04:35 PM
It's bad to think like this:
"This game got 500 MB.DAMN ! It's a crappy one ! "
Not the size matters,but the quality.
I have bought the game today together with a friend ( 50%,50% ) and it is very good.A bit too repetitive and yes,it crashes a lot,but it is not really that bad...

Ryo1974
06-27-2010, 08:32 PM
well I removed the update,then re applied now it seems to be fine

Gorilla
06-28-2010, 03:05 AM
so, based on what you're saying.. if they released a classic hit title that's of small size, but fun even today like, say, Pac-Man.. if they would release Pac-Man TODAY, would you pay $50 for it? i mean, by your definition on pricing, it would be totally worth it. i guess by your definition, a game like Geometry Wars 2 on XBLA for $10 is a steal.. that's a great game. lots of fun, but also small. it should have cost atleast $60!

Seiryu
06-29-2010, 08:44 PM
No it's not.

You measure a game by how it how fun it is to play, how it actually plays, how it looks and how long it lasts.

Companies make advances in compression on a weekly basis. They could probably release FF XIII on a single disc now or release "Crysis II" on the 360.

Games are judged on the finished product, not on a Developer's ability or inability to compress data.

Missing out on "Naughty Bear" because you didn't think the hard drive install was large enough for what you, as a member of the non-game developing general public, thought it should be is, well... a little silly.

It's a fun game.

Az
Um... no. Just no. Compression is a bad thing, compression means lower quality video and music. One of the big draws of Blu-ray (and by association, PS3 games) is the fact that it has uncompressed audio. They obviously can't release FFXIII on one disc, since it was released on 3 discs 3 months ago (though it was one Blu-ray on PS3), and they are releasing Crysis 2 on Xbox 360, so I don't see your point with that statement.

Seeing as you state the the OP is "a member of the non-game developing general public" and are basically saying that they know nothing, let me ask you, are you a game developer? Judging by the blind praise you seem to be giving to Naughty Bear, I'm guessing the answer is yes and that you worked on making this game, but that's besides the point. I actually have worked for a game developer, albeit working exclusively on PC titles, so here's some info for you from someone who is not just a member of the "general public".

A dual layer DVD can hold approximately 9GB of data, though there is some formatting that must be put onto every Xbox 360 disc so there is only about 6-7GB of usable space for game data on a disc. While developers do use compression to make more fit on the disc, it is preferable not to do so. A developer works to fit as much as they can onto the disc while using a little compression as possible, and therefore the fact that this game uses only slightly more than 10% of the available disc space is terrible. This game could have nearly fit onto a CD rather than a DVD, which probably explains why the graphics look like a decent Dreamcast game.

A larger install size means more videos, more music/audio, more textures & more complex textures, and generally just more of everything. Because of the install size of this game being so small the game has repetitive level design, repetitive and overly simple textures, repetitive music, and just a general sense of repetitiveness in the whole thing. The developers were lazy and gave us a product that should have been a $15 arcade title rather than a $50 retail title. I have only come across one game that has a smaller install size than this, and that was Raiden Fighters Aces, but that's more acceptable since it had a retail price of $20 at launch, and it was a collection of 3 arcade games. As a game that was developed with the Xbox 360 and PS3 in mind I can see no excuse for the install size to be so small, and it pains me to think about this being put onto a Blu-ray for the PS3 version.

I'm not saying that there is no fun to be had in this game, but you can't deny that it is over priced at $50 and that a little more effort could have been put into the development to give the game more diversity.

EliteShadowMan
07-05-2010, 12:31 PM
No it's not.

It's a fun game.

Az

Crysis 2 is coming out for 360...and PS3 idiot, and the size of the game does matter, since if there isnt as much disc space used then that means there isnt much on it which = short length/bad graphics/poor sound/bad replayability and a poor excuse to put the game at $50 but sure enough in another week this crap game will get thrown down to $20.

Honestly we should have seen Naughty Bear not being to good seeing as its the same company that made WET...