PDA

View Full Version : Impressions of the game

rambojr03
06-24-2010, 09:10 PM
What does everyone think of the game? I love the atmosphere from videos I've watched, and it's decently reviewed. It's on sale for $24.99 at Newegg, and I'm more likely than not going to buy it.

Thanks in advance.

xOLRxHITMAN
06-24-2010, 09:25 PM
Its a playable game defnitely worth a rental but not much else

H0p3sfalL
06-24-2010, 09:27 PM
i would have to say the best under the radar game i have played in while. deff worth looking into.

im all the rage
06-26-2010, 03:02 PM
I've only played it very briefly and wasn't that impressed at all, its just so run of the mill, so ho hum, that being said i intend to invest some more time into and see how things go

Earthbound_X
06-27-2010, 12:39 AM
I thought it was one of the best FPS Ive played since Half Life 2, I'd really recommend it.

rambojr03
06-28-2010, 06:53 AM
Thanks for all the replies. To me, it reminds me of games from the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series. I love the atmosphere of the game (from the videos I've watched), and it seems quite scary. While I don't expect it to be on par with the COD's or Halo games, I think for $25 I'll get some bang for my buck from it.

Earthbound_X
06-29-2010, 08:33 AM
Thanks for all the replies. To me, it reminds me of games from the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series. I love the atmosphere of the game (from the videos I've watched), and it seems quite scary. While I don't expect it to be on par with the COD's or Halo games, I think for $25 I'll get some bang for my buck from it.

Yup, just like the Stalker series, this game(and the book)were based off the short story, Roadside Picnic, so it makes sense they that feel kinda similar.

OVRthTOPnDNTstp
07-22-2010, 01:09 AM
I love the game actually. I have beaten it three times trying to get these last two achievements but can't manage to get them, but the game itself is worth playing.

The Nerevarine
07-22-2010, 07:04 AM
It's okay. This is one of those mediocre games that could have a great sequel, like Just Cause or (maybe) Two Worlds, but then I wonder if the developers could come up with a story that would hold up for a sequel. I'd say it's "good" but I've gotten frustrated on too many occasions in my first play-through, even had to restart chapters more than once (got stuck at a bad checkpoint on the trolley and didn't realize you had to pick up the dude's tape, I thought you just got it from talking to him) and I'm not even done yet.

All in all, it's a good rental. I give it a $20 value, on par with Two Worlds, Alone in the Dark or some other niche game.

nfgmusicPaul
07-23-2010, 04:37 PM
Ortho...which last 2 achievements are you trying to get?

SF GRAND MASTER
07-30-2010, 03:24 PM
i really enjoyed the game very very underrated not as good as stalker on pc though loved that simler but not as open world.