04-14-2007, 04:01 AM
Discuss the achievements here.

Krazie
08-24-2007, 08:41 AM
Achievements have been revealed!

What does everybody think about them?

desai100
08-24-2007, 10:09 AM
i think only two achievements will be super hard, the 50 star combo and the complete the game with hard boiled difficluty. im quite happy with all the other achievements

thugmotivator101
08-24-2007, 10:35 AM
yeah i think you are right UGK. the demo wasen't so hard so the other achievements should'nt be a problem. hope to see some of you online soon when this game hits the stores

Mirksta
08-24-2007, 12:01 PM
the achievements haven't bee nthought through that well, theyre just like any other games' ones. I would've liked to have seen unique and original ones like precision aim to shoot say the gun out of enemies hands or a double kill. It seems that they will be an easy but sometimes time consuming 1000 like shadowrun

|oneyedNewb|
08-24-2007, 01:02 PM
this should be really fun to get these acheivements not looking forward to playing it on hard boiled but hey! when you want 1000/1000 you got to make some sacrifice's even if it means smashing your head against the wall.

Devolon
08-24-2007, 01:14 PM
I like the "cause 75.000.000$ of damage" achievement.... That means the game keeps track of how much damage you make, I'm definitely going to break a lot of stuff, that sounds fun. I hope the multiplayer is solid, because the campaign seems very short, I would be surprised if it lasts more than 6-7 hours. On the other hand, the replay value should be high if the full game plays like the demo, so i don't know.

Tricka21
08-24-2007, 01:49 PM
I think the achievements rock for this game & i can tell it''s gonna keep me occupied for quite some time i mean i can't count how many time's iv'e played the Demo lol. Too bad it got delayed for week.

Vista
08-24-2007, 02:04 PM
I love the achievements... I will probably do xbox live co-op for the story because i dont like singleplayer... FR me if you want to do co-op together

o0EVIL0o x360a
08-24-2007, 02:45 PM
So you can play through the game and get achievements on co-op local or xbox live?? I can't find any information jumping out at me regarding this.

ph201
08-24-2007, 03:45 PM
The achievements look pretty dang easy. If you buy the game you should have no problem. Maybe a rent even?

sln333
08-24-2007, 03:50 PM
The achievements appear to be easy. I'm surprised that Deadly World is gonna be worth 25 points, I must have completed that achievement in the demo.

Waylander73
08-24-2007, 04:31 PM
Looking forward to this but think it will be a rental for sure, demo was great fun. Lets hope finishing Harder diff settings unlocks achievements for the easier ones as well

illkontent
08-24-2007, 05:04 PM
yeah ima play on mormal and see if hasrder onesw do if they do play some multiplayer then coop hardboiled

robertfee
08-24-2007, 05:53 PM
after playing the demo, these achievements dont look too bad, plus i loved the game, so even if i don't get them all after a few plays, that's cool, i'll keep playing!

Ruthless
08-24-2007, 06:35 PM
I like them but i hope tje harder ones will unlock easier ones like GRAW 2. Lookin forward to this and im up for some co op (UK prefered for time difference)

K00PA TR00PA
08-25-2007, 09:27 PM
Achievements should be fun especialy killing 50 enemies while on the roll cart, lol.

desai100
08-25-2007, 10:28 PM
i didnt even know that it was possible to do co-op

david288
08-26-2007, 05:51 AM
did not no co-op was in game

PackedMicrobe
08-26-2007, 02:25 PM
stranglehold is hot! :uzi::mad:;)

DeliriEyeD
08-26-2007, 06:18 PM
The game seems fun to me and the achievements will probably give me some decent replay value if the regular story is too short.

BLK DEM0N
08-27-2007, 11:45 PM
to be honest the achievements look easy you will be able to get 3/4 with ees and with a lil work ul be 1000 in no time

Tequilla? :drunk

Volucer
08-28-2007, 03:45 PM
The achievements look easy but fun. I would have unlocked a handful already by playing the demo. The precision aim one will be fun, though I think they should have included Penny Arcade's idea of a "Testikill" achievement.

Cpl MattBlack
08-29-2007, 01:18 AM
Does anyone know if you complete the game on hard-boiled you'll get all other difficulty achievements or will you have to go through the game on each level like edf? Other than that, these look fun. :)

terminator916
08-31-2007, 05:39 AM
I love the achievements... I will probably do xbox live co-op for the story because i dont like singleplayer... FR me if you want to do co-op together i didnt no there was co-op 4 this game

xJACKASS
09-02-2007, 06:14 AM
i just asked someone who had the game, they said there is no coop

colburn
09-03-2007, 05:30 AM
games good im playing it on hard to go ahead and get the hard achivement out the way its hard haha cant wait to play on the hard boiled mode but oh well. i will enjoy this game

Siegfried
09-03-2007, 06:04 PM
Does anyone know if you complete the game on hard-boiled you'll get all other difficulty achievements or will you have to go through the game on each level like edf? Other than that, these look fun. :)

You'll get them, but hard boiled isn't unlocked until you finish the game at least once...

What about the paper cranes? Do we need to get 250 in one playthrough (meaning finding every single one) or is it just a total from multiple plays?

Big ArrickSon
09-03-2007, 09:28 PM
everything on single from what i have seen is a total over multiple plays, the cranes, killing people certain ways... i forgot to do the swinging one, reloaded the tea house part and swung around about ten kills boom it unlocked. Im having a hard time getting thru this game on hard or hard boiled. the later acts get pretty rough with all the enemies on the screen.

colburn
09-03-2007, 10:33 PM
everything on single from what i have seen is a total over multiple plays, the cranes, killing people certain ways... i forgot to do the swinging one, reloaded the tea house part and swung around about ten kills boom it unlocked. Im having a hard time getting thru this game on hard or hard boiled. the later acts get pretty rough with all the enemies on the screen.

i agree im playing it on hard right now and im having a tough times on some parts. seems like 50 guys pop up out of no where then you get your little 2 or 3 snipers and bam its over game is great havnt played it online yet but offline is awesome

Siegfried
09-04-2007, 06:45 AM
Yeah, I'm trying hard boiled too and getting my *** kicked...

I'm currently in the museum level, where enemies start dropping from the ceiling with ropes... I have no idea on how to pass this room, I get killed in a matter of seconds there :mad:

Big ArrickSon
09-04-2007, 01:46 PM
ya it seems to be extremely difficult because of the snipers, they can take you out in like one or two shots. i have found that on alot of the levels you can funnel them through corridors, enemies will come to you if you can find a good hiding spot. just dont let them melee you, its an instant kill it seems on hard boiled. dont think im going to be able to complete this game on hard boiled. I do like that you can take it in sections on the chapter selection, so you can focus on one checkpoint section at a time if need be.

Watergoma
09-06-2007, 02:06 AM
anyone know if you need every single crane in the game or its just your total cranes you get even if you replay a level?

Ice2Dragon
09-06-2007, 08:39 PM
anyone know if you need every single crane in the game or its just your total cranes you get even if you replay a level?

You can replay the any level and it counts.

I posted an achievement guide to help anyone out.

Feel free to msg me if you have questions.

Elements
09-07-2007, 01:15 AM
Here how to get the Ruthless. I made this video today. (=

http://stage6.divx.com/user/Elemen7s/video/1609809/Stranglehold---Achievement-Ruthless

My record is 65 stars

http://www.audiozone.com.br/images/beto/sh/sh23.jpg

[]'s

Elements

Harbinger PR
09-07-2007, 08:53 PM
Almost 2 days with the game and i'm at 690,so it'll keep me entertained for a while.Single Player is short, but fun, the MP is fun, and pretty damn hectic. XD

KindCandy
09-07-2007, 11:27 PM
wonderful work, thanks for this i just bought the game today and gona play it now i just wanted to know if i start this game on hard boiled and finish it will this unlock casual , normal and Hard Difficulty achievements also or do i need to play through each Difficulty setting for the achievements ?

Elements
09-08-2007, 12:25 AM
You have to finish the game first in casual, normal or hard to unlock the Hard Boiled. After that you can finish in Hard Boiled and you will receive the achievement for the others difficulty.

[]'s

Elements

Ice2Dragon
09-08-2007, 12:34 AM
wonderful work, thanks for this i just bought the game today and gona play it now i just wanted to know if i start this game on hard boiled and finish it will this unlock casual , normal and Hard Difficulty achievements also or do i need to play through each Difficulty setting for the achievements ?

Do it on hard first.. I know it might sound odd.. But I did.. and it made hard boiled a cake walk..

If you do it on normal or casual and go right to hard boiled you're in for a world of hurt..

Just my opinion though.

If you beat it first on normal, you get normal and casual, beat it on hard you get normal and casual.

GreatTeacherJoE
09-08-2007, 01:18 AM
Alright, so can i play UP to the last level, then switch to hard boiled and still get the achievement? has anyone tried this yet?

Souls Collector
09-08-2007, 01:31 AM
I am looking forward to playing this game. My friend has the game. He said it is short ,but fun. I glad that hard boil setting will be a challenge. I have wait to get my xbox back. I got the red ring of death. It is at microsoft getting fixed. Nothing is more evil then the ring of death

Vista
09-08-2007, 01:49 AM
Anyone know how to beat vlad... I always get up to the part where the lasers turn off and on. How much farther???

Ice2Dragon
09-08-2007, 03:03 AM
Anyone know how to beat vlad... I always get up to the part where the lasers turn off and on. How much farther???

Try the achievement guide.. at the top...

Vista
09-08-2007, 03:24 AM
I got it thanks for the guide... now I'm up to the slums and im having trouble getting around... I think ill go for online now.

Saracin
09-08-2007, 04:07 PM
Ruthless - Got it at the end of the firsrt level on Casual by using the middle chandelier. Hang and go for head shots while in Tequila Time. I had it the first time trying this.

DisturbedDan
09-08-2007, 08:50 PM
can you get the 100 kills for john woo in player matches?

nevermind just got it on player matches

Vista
09-09-2007, 01:56 AM
Hey Ice2dragon I Heard old school could be obtained if you complete the game on any difficulty setting then watch the credits.

Ice2Dragon
09-09-2007, 04:43 AM
can you get the 100 kills for john woo in player matches?

nevermind just got it on player matches

Yes, I thought i hinted at that in the guide that its easier to do player matches.

I cant confirm the old school method. Do you really need to cheat for it? Its not even that hard..

xxxTopsyxxx
09-09-2007, 08:04 AM
if u beat hard up to last level and go to main menu and switch it to hardboiled and get to the last fight will it give u hardboiled? been trying to beat hardboiled but these snipers are giving me heck.:eek:

Conker Rules All
09-09-2007, 08:10 AM
if u beat hard up to last level and go to main menu and switch it to hardboiled and get to the last fight will it give u hardboiled? been trying to beat hardboiled but these snipers are giving me heck.:eek:

no doesn't work my brother tried it but there is a glitch for the classic achievement

xxxTopsyxxx
09-09-2007, 08:26 AM
yea got that one just trying to get hardboiled before play MP

Vista
09-09-2007, 12:22 PM
Yes, I thought i hinted at that in the guide that its easier to do player matches.

I cant confirm the old school method. Do you really need to cheat for it? Its not even that hard..

No you DONT have o do it, old school would be pretty easy (especially on the mega restaurant levels w/ the guitar cases). Just a tip in case someone uses the health pickup or any of the others many times in the level.

Ice2Dragon
09-09-2007, 04:54 PM

No -_- Friends have tried and it failed everytime..

H20 chaotic xc
09-09-2007, 04:59 PM
so for the the origami pieces wright u said u can do another play through does it have to be a diff play modes dff than the one u did before because i did i causual and tried it again on it and said i only had 11 cranes unless im doing something wrong thanks

Ice2Dragon
09-09-2007, 05:51 PM
so for the the origami pieces wright u said u can do another play through does it have to be a diff play modes dff than the one u did before because i did i causual and tried it again on it and said i only had 11 cranes unless im doing something wrong thanks

What? I can't understand that at all..

GreatTeacherJoE
09-09-2007, 05:56 PM
No -_- Friends have tried and it failed everytime..

did they beat the last fight or just gave up?

Ice2Dragon
09-09-2007, 06:13 PM
did they beat the last fight or just gave up?

Both. Why try and cheat for the achievements? You have to beat it twice anyways, and hard boiled isnt even that bad..

DisturbedDan
09-09-2007, 07:01 PM
I just found out another easy way to get the 50 combo. It's level one in the restaurant part, when you hug the pillar the guys just keep coming down the stairs for awhile. You can easily get headshot after headshot or just shoot them regularly.

H20 chaotic xc
09-09-2007, 07:41 PM
i said someone posted that u replay the game again for the origami pieces but what i was wondering can it be on the same mode you played in example like normal mode or does it have to be another play mode played for it

H20 chaotic xc
09-09-2007, 08:44 PM
ice 2dragon just wanted to say thanks for that piece on ruthless big help ended up getting on that part 56 star

Ice2Dragon
09-09-2007, 08:52 PM
i said someone posted that u replay the game again for the origami pieces but what i was wondering can it be on the same mode you played in example like normal mode or does it have to be another play mode played for it

I ran through it on hard , then hard boiled, then redid level 1 until I had enough for the 250 collected. So it doesn't matter what mode.

Glad it helped.

k_dog
09-09-2007, 10:34 PM
I just want to add that Strafeing does WONDERS for killing Lok. It's almost like he's a retard when you strafe. Almost like noobs. :p

Ice2Dragon
09-10-2007, 12:59 AM
I just want to add that Strafeing does WONDERS for killing Lok. It's almost like he's a retard when you strafe. Almost like noobs. :p

Can't really strafe unless you tequila time on hard and hard boiled. He rarely misses -_-V Even though theres like 10 health packs in the room, it still hurts like hell when you get hit.

k_dog
09-10-2007, 03:23 PM
Can't really strafe unless you tequila time on hard and hard boiled. He rarely misses -_-V Even though theres like 10 health packs in the room, it still hurts like hell when you get hit.

I assure you, I strafed on hard Boiled and he shot at the walls like he was retarded. he missed me plenty of times.

As in "Circle Strafe"

If you strafe in ONE DIRECTION then he won't miss. But the AI isn't complex enough to predict abrupt movements like circle strafeing. Which ultimatly leads to them missing.

HamsterLV
09-10-2007, 09:53 PM
Who has 50 point stylo combo and 5000 points total? Any tips on those?

Also, to get 250 crane ach. do I have to collect 250 in one play?

Vista
09-11-2007, 07:11 PM
Hey hamster just dont double post use the edit button on the bottom of your first one!!!

ANYWAY

Did anyone find the slums of Kowloon to be a complete bitch? I just got past the sewer part where you get the "stay dry achievement"
The snipers are so hard and there is no where to stay covered... tips please!!

Ice2Dragon
09-11-2007, 07:21 PM
Hey hamster just dont double post use the edit button on the bottom of your first one!!!

ANYWAY

Did anyone find the slums of Kowloon to be a complete bitch? I just got past the sewer part where you get the "stay dry achievement"
The snipers are so hard and there is no where to stay covered... tips please!!

After you get out of the sewer, move to the left a bit and spin attack. Afterwards, go around to the back and climb up the stairs and stay up there and kill the sniper. After you kill a few more guys, a sniper will appear to your left, kill him. Be careful of the guys directly across from you as well. It's pretty simple, when the rocket guys come out, precision aim or just assault rifle them. Simple.

MrHarribalsonya
09-12-2007, 05:21 PM
To make the battle with LOK not so crappy. Right before you enter his room. If you look above the band that's playing, on the ledges, there's 2 golden guns and a crane. Even on hard-Boiled, the golden gun barrrage cuts through him like butter in the desert. This should help those still having a difficult time with him. But, if you die after entering the room, your golden guns won't be with you when you re-spawn. Also, if you can hold onto the heavy assault rifle you get from the guys you fight before the apache in the final stage. Wongs bodyguard will go down with half of a barrage. That's right half a barrage with the heavy assault rifle takes him out in hard-boiled. It may take a little fun away from the battles. But those dudes can be frustrating, especially LOK on hard-boiled.

HamsterLV
09-12-2007, 07:14 PM
I can't get past that motherf***in Lok on Hard Boiled! This sucks so much! I can get him to the part where he starts throwing grenades and then he always gets me.

H20 chaotic xc
09-13-2007, 01:15 AM
anymore tips on the last boss who snipes on hardboiled my goodness these guys keep coming outta the doors never give me a chance to finish him off

Ice2Dragon
09-13-2007, 01:56 AM
anymore tips on the last boss who snipes on hardboiled my goodness these guys keep coming outta the doors never give me a chance to finish him off

After you kill a wave of henchmen, there will be a short pause, maybe 10-15 seconds, where nothing happens.. it also makes a distinctive sound like a DING. Run up, barrage, teqiula time back down to a corner with a med pack.

It takes a bit, I know, you'll get the hang of it.

PerfectAnt
09-13-2007, 01:25 PM

I barraged him twice with the golden guns after killing off the fat guy. there are 3 cranes on the upper level. one on the chandeler and the other two are at the ends of the longer hallways.

asianxcore
09-13-2007, 07:07 PM
Great guide!

I found out an easy way to get the "Old School" achievement.

After you beaten the first level of the game (Hong Kong Marketplace), go back and reload the section with the first level's boss.

If you beat the first boss using only Tequila Time (slow motion) you will get the achievement. It'll only take a couple minutes and it beats having to do the ENTIRE level using only slow motion.

italianstallion
09-14-2007, 12:41 PM
I know its been asked a million times and some people have said no, but I think the cranes you get in multiplayer DO count towards the achievement.

Does anyone know if you can chapter select levels until you reach hard boiled on all levels? Ive been picking and choosing missions I want to play.

NBplaya41
09-14-2007, 03:51 PM
should i rent this game today and is the online good for this game example. does it lag?

italianstallion
09-14-2007, 09:56 PM
The mulitplayer isnt half bad, but nothing special.

maximumpain21
09-16-2007, 02:11 AM
i beat the first level without using tequila bombs but no achievement? anyone have an idea on what happened?

Khaos
09-16-2007, 06:19 AM
Some times it's just evil like that. Just go into the select a chapter, then select the final scene on casual, and just beat that fight without using the bombs. It's an easy glitch type secret thingy that should help you get your old school achieve :)

should i rent this game today and is the online good for this game example. does it lag?

The online is pretty decent, just the loading times can be a tad unbearable :(

skuff
09-16-2007, 11:53 AM
anyone else having trouble with the dont use guitars achievement?

ive started on hard straight away, and didnt use the cases on the first part.. went up in the lift to the second floor and no achievement? any idea's?

EDIT: no matter, i did the casino part without using them aswell and got it

PerfectAnt
09-20-2007, 02:34 PM
I know its been asked a million times and some people have said no, but I think the cranes you get in multiplayer DO count towards the achievement.

Does anyone know if you can chapter select levels until you reach hard boiled on all levels? Ive been picking and choosing missions I want to play.

yes you can beat them in any order on hard boiled. as long as you have them all in the end

PerfectAnt
09-20-2007, 02:36 PM
anyone else having trouble with the dont use guitars achievement?

ive started on hard straight away, and didnt use the cases on the first part.. went up in the lift to the second floor and no achievement? any idea's?

EDIT: no matter, i did the casino part without using them aswell and got it

i started on normal, and never used them. try putting them away where it would be hard to run into them. in the heat of battle, you may not be able to see you walked into it depending on the angle. under the staits works good

Don Manolo
09-20-2007, 03:09 PM

you can just keep on playing the same difficulty

killlah631
10-06-2007, 05:25 PM
I heard that the game sucks...how would you rate the difficulty of the achievements? And is this game similar to Max Payne at all?

ever31
10-11-2007, 01:05 PM
does anyone know if you can get the on-line achievments if you play over a lan, me and my brother are going to hook up and see if the game works like this and it would be cool if we could pick up the achievments whilst we do it

drakehellsing
11-05-2007, 10:44 PM
In regards to that achievement "I don't know how to play those", the guitar case ones, I have to admit, I did read about them, however...A actually forgot about them throughout the level, too busy concentrating on the enemies.

Just wanted to point that out ;)

RonanN1
11-18-2007, 08:21 PM
Hello,

i'm sorry if this question was answered but..

i have finished the game on Casual Difficulty..and now i want to play to complete Hard Boiled Difficulty..[i have finished the last chapter on Hard Boiled Difficulty] now my question is...after I finished the game on Casual I unlocked mission select...if i play the missions random and..in the end every one has Hard Boiled do i still get the achivment ? or do I have to start a new game and finish linear the missions...

sorry for my bad english...i hope you understand :/

mjpartyboy
01-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Do the doves count towards your total when you pick them up or are they not registered until you hit a check/save point?

M85A21
01-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Hello,

i'm sorry if this question was answered but..

i have finished the game on Casual Difficulty..and now i want to play to complete Hard Boiled Difficulty..[i have finished the last chapter on Hard Boiled Difficulty] now my question is...after I finished the game on Casual I unlocked mission select...if i play the missions random and..in the end every one has Hard Boiled do i still get the achivment ? or do I have to start a new game and finish linear the missions...

sorry for my bad english...i hope you understand :/

No you can use the Level Select, and it will all count, that's what I did anyway and got the achievement.
1000G in this game =]
Good Luck.

M85A21
01-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Do the doves count towards your total when you pick them up or are they not registered until you hit a check/save point?

They all count towards, you do not need to hit a save =]

Jack Bauer Jnr
01-04-2008, 09:47 PM
the DLC is now available, which means the new achivements are also available

Don Manolo
01-08-2008, 06:47 PM
does anybody know if they are going to lower the price for the DLC? because it's pretty expensive for easy achievements...

daddy exec
02-14-2008, 09:15 PM
Has anybody tried getting matched up on ranked?

xCOBRAx
04-14-2008, 07:35 AM
does anyone know if the achievements such as getting 50 kills on a rolling cart add up over multiple playthroughs? or do you have to get them all in one play through? the guide inst very clear.

pined5551
04-22-2008, 06:56 PM
does anyone know if the achievements such as getting 50 kills on a rolling cart add up over multiple playthroughs? or do you have to get them all in one play through? the guide inst very clear.

Yeah, i was gonna ask this, i also want to know if it stacks the kill count by using the environment insted of guns, and all other stackables for that matter.

mjpartyboy
04-23-2008, 02:10 PM
They stack.

MykyBee
07-30-2008, 10:46 PM
i played this game for the first time in january when i got it for christmas along with my xbox this year and i must have played for about 2 hours and then i got bored lol and i finally sold it in july after about 7 months collecting dust on my self lol

migoli
08-15-2008, 02:13 AM
not really much to do with achievements but i heart the 75% off rack ay Best Buy, i got this game for $3.21!!

Gatsu
08-17-2008, 03:46 AM
Beat this on hard boiled so I'll add a few tips for that difficulty:

Don't dive unless you're doing so to get behind a wall or something
Hit RB to slow-mo kill EVERYTHING
Don't waste your tequila meter on health unless you are desperate
For the Lok boss battle, when running sideways on wiggle the stick from left to right rapidly whilst running forward, he seems to hit you less than if you run in a straight line.

Problematic areas will be the part where the band is playing & the boss battle where the Russian guy shoots a rocket launcher out of the chopper at you.

For the band part, take it slowly, picking off a guy at a time, hang around the outskirts of the level grabbing health when needed & use barrage on the guys in Army of 2 masks.

In the boss battle, immediately get the golden guns at the wall, run upstairs & grab the m60 & paper crane, keep blasting in slowmo, get headshots. Use the golden gun in barrage, move left, he will fire & miss then run right, he'll miss again, then move left & repeat this process.
The biggest problem comes when you run out of ammo as you need to run to the wall to grab an m16, that is when the splash damage will f*** you over so be quick & stay away from walls.

The trick mentioned somewhere on this forum about beating the game on casual then going to CONTINUE & selecting hard boiled works for beating the last boss on that difficulty, some kind of glitch.

Play the game in a random order, don't go from beginning straight to end on hard boiled as you'll probably get angry.

Blacky
08-21-2008, 10:32 AM
Hi guys.

I got a problem unlocking the " Diplomatatic Immunity " achievement.
My friend and i , we both got the expansion pack and unlocked most of the extra achievements.
We followed the guide on this one , we both are on the ship deep below , but no achievement unlocked after the kill.
Any tips on how to do it or even where on the ship , in case we are in the wrong spot?
Thanks