PDA

View Full Version : Just how tough is the new episode?

TakaiTakai
06-25-2010, 09:52 PM
I'll be honest, I just want the Space Marine suit for my avatar. I'm decent at Doom II, but not great... would I end up hating myself for purchasing this on XBLA?

ktilla23
06-26-2010, 02:59 AM
Its pretty hard for a first timer at doom, but if you good at any doom game you should get it. Make sure to save everytime you kill something or you feel the need to save. I dont think its as hard as episode 4 of doom. If you just want the space marine suit, play on Im to young to die, also the secret level does not count.

BloodyZombie117
06-27-2010, 12:59 PM
My friend said they just start throwing things at you. For eight levels, it is difficult, and he was right, they throw demons at u like coins in a fountain. At least it is easier than the first episode, because mainly, there is no Icon of Sin.

CutmanMike
06-28-2010, 10:47 AM
The new maps give you a hell of a lot of monsters sometimes, especially Mancubus and Revenants. They're pretty hard but as it's already been said, E4 of Doom 1 is definitely harder. Try not to miss, as ammo can get scarce and there's no backpack for a long time (or not at all?)

BillyKlyde
06-28-2010, 11:21 PM
No there's a few backpacks that I found in this episode, not that they made much of a difference. I didn't think this episode was THAT hard though, I mean I'm no elite DOOM player who does Nightmare speed runs or anything but I'm okay, I got stuck on a few furstrating parts but nothing too bad. "Thy Flesh Consumed" from the original DOOM was way harder. And if you really just want the avatar suit that bad do it on the easiest difficulty, it doesn't have to be on Ultra-Violence to get the award.

Jakethemuss
07-18-2010, 09:35 PM
No there's a few backpacks that I found in this episode, not that they made much of a difference. I didn't think this episode was THAT hard though, I mean I'm no elite DOOM player who does Nightmare speed runs or anything but I'm okay, I got stuck on a few furstrating parts but nothing too bad. "Thy Flesh Consumed" from the original DOOM was way harder. And if you really just want the avatar suit that bad do it on the easiest difficulty, it doesn't have to be on Ultra-Violence to get the award.

Any hints as to where I can find a backpack? I'm on level 7 right now. I only ask as I've found myself with full ammo capacity on many occassions and have had to run past ammo knowing that I'd have to come back for it later.

Unterofficer
07-19-2010, 07:41 AM
Any hints as to where I can find a backpack? I'm on level 7 right now. I only ask as I've found myself with full ammo capacity on many occassions and have had to run past ammo knowing that I'd have to come back for it later.
I think that there was one on level six, but I didn't really stumble on any backbacks to be sure. Still without it isn't that bad as the ammo wont disappear, so all you need to do is backtrack sometimes. Besides you are one level away from finish, so it shouldn't be a major deal anymore.

Anyway these new maps were really easy. I was really disapointed as I was hoping that they would be alike the Fourth Episode in the first game.