PDA

View Full Version : Any Tips for Trypticon? *spoilers*

Crazy Wolfgang
06-26-2010, 05:17 AM
Okay so I just gave up for tonight..but for an hour now I've been trying to beat Trypticon, and I've died about 27 times. I can't dodge all of his attacks, I can't find any cover, I can't find enough health, and every time I get hit I lose two full bars of health. Has anyone beaten the Autobot campaign yet and if you have do you have any tips? I'm at the final part where you fall down the hole with Trypticon and you start attacking his back. Any help you could give would be appreciated!

FrowningCat
06-26-2010, 06:37 AM
Energon cubes are found right on the bottom level right in the middle near trypticon. There's cover on the left side at the top level and closer to the middle on the bottom level, but cover will only protect you from his purple fire breath. For everything else, you're gonna have to just drive to dodge it. Don't stop moving until his attack is done, and always keep an eye on him to see what attack he's gonna use next. Whenever he starts a new attack, best thing is to go into vehicle mode just to be ready, you can always go back to robot mode after. The best time to attack him is when he's creating the dark energon crystals, you've got a few seconds to shoot him before the spiders come out. It took me a few tries too, but the best thing you can do is memorize his pattern and make a strategy for each attack.

neubourn
06-26-2010, 07:07 AM
Yeah, im trying to beat him on "hard." I can destroy his first core, but thats about it. This thing is driving me crazy. Just 1 final boss is standing between me and all those cheevos, but i cant get it.

blackbrainCL
06-26-2010, 07:41 AM
hi dude, well is a hard boss but you know how attack. First you have the evade the missiles in vehicle form. Just ride on big circles. (i used bumblebee). when he stop, and if he show his tail look look the direction of the tail tip, just dash in the opposit way. when he start to shots ball from his mouth, evade with dash to your side and if you don have much space to evade dash to front and then to the other side.
The best time to shoot his back is when he release the spiders. You have a lot of time and try to kill few of them with melee attack and transform again in vehicle to evade the first missiles.

well my english sucks a lot but i hope you can get it :)

neubourn
06-26-2010, 09:09 AM
ok, after 3 hours of dying non-stop, i finally beat him and found a decent strategy to beat him.

First, you need to familiarize yourself with his attacks (which shouldnt be too difficult on Hard, since you will die alot anyway and see what kills you). These are his attacks:

Purple laser balls: these are small purple balls with laser tails, and they are very fast. YOU MUST OUTRUN THEM to beat them, so if you get caught in a corner, stand still, jump, anything but drive fast in vehicle form, then your dead.

Purple Fire: This is basically just a steady stream of fire breath that follows you, you can either outrun it, or hide behind cover

Tail Rockets: these are a series of rockets fired from his tail, easy to avoid behind cover, always followed up with the tail smash.

Tail Smash: He charges up his tail (it will start to glow white), and thrusts it into the arena. You can either dash or jump to reduce its damage.

Spiders: after forming columns of dark energon, he will unleash waves of spiders that will kill the hell out of you on hard difficulty if your not careful.

Usually, the order goes: Purple Laser, Purple Fire, Tail Rockets, Tail Smash then Spiders. But occasionally he will skip Purple Fire and go straight to Tail Rockets. When he smashes the ground with his right claw, then his left claw, then hunches down low, he is resetting the order and a wave of purple laser balls are headed your way...RUN. After/during his tail smash is the ideal time to attack, since he is re-charging his powers, and he only follows it up with Dark Energon Spikes and then Spiders before resetting to the lasers.

Weapons: Scrapmaker. Thats all you need. Dont worry about the rocket launchers scattered on the second level, they are more of a hindrance then anything. As soon as you start, go to the right, there should be a small ammo pack just to the right to the bottom of the ramp that leads up to the second level, remember this since you will need to get back to it quickly to reload when you are low on ammo.

Hopefully you still have some (or full) armor left over from the first encounter, if not, go back and do it again since you will need all the health and armor you can get.

Now, when you start the battle, if you are low on ammo, go pick up the clip, then double jump to the ramp right there, get on the second level, go into vehicle mode, and watch Trypticon. As soon as he stomps with his claws and lowers his head, just take off, the laser balls are going to chase you, just drive fast on the second level, cut through the middle, down to the first level and stop at the cover on your left. The cover is on the first level, left side, in front of Trypticon's right claw, kind of in the open. This is where you need to be.

When you are behind the cover, if you timed it right, he should be starting his purple fire breath, but you should not be taking any damage at all since you are behind cover. Now...this is the important part. You should see a black cylinder/pipe sticking out of the cover, it should be right there in front of you. Jump on it. Just hit Jump then push forward, you shouldnt have to double jump to get on it. You can do this while he is still breathing purple fire at you and not take damage. It should look like your head is vulnerable, but you are safe. You can test with the next phase of his attack, the tail missiles. If the missiles cause you damage (it will be minimal), then nudge your character to the left a tad until you are not taking damage.

You should be safely in cover, on the pipe when he uses his tail blast. Since you are not on the ground, you should take no/minimal damage. After the tail smash, he will expose the firs core above his head, take out the Scrapmaker and fire away, keep firing. Make sure to switch between fine aim and hip fire to make sure you are still hitting him when he moves.

The next part is the dark energon spikes and the spiders. Everyone knows about that cover spot, but you cant hide there when the spiders come because they will swarm you. And this is why you are standing on the pipe...now the spiders can not touch you. In fact, the pipe will keep you safe from all of his attacks except his first: the purple laser balls. So, being safe on the pipe, you can continue to blast away at his core (i can usually get the first one destroyed before he starts his next attack), while your CPU comrades will deal with the spiders.

Now, this part is tricky, but if you can get it down, then the rest is cake...you have to PREDICT when he is going to use his laser balls, because you need to jump off the pipe, get health (if you need, which you shouldnt this first wave of attacks), and get more ammo all before he attacks again, you should be getting the ammo, transform to vehicle, then race away on the first level back to your cover as his laser balls chase you there. If you timed it wrong, just do laps on the bottom level, making sure you end up back at your cover.

hurry up and get back on the cover pipe, because you can actually attack his 2nd Core (right shoulder) while he is doing the purple breath, the tail missiles and the tail stomp. If you did it correctly you should be able to destroy it before the spiders come, which means you have plenty of time to grab health (which you will need), and more ammo then race around as fires off his 3rd wave.

The last core (left shoulder) is a bit trickier since you can not really get a decent shot off from your cover spot. So, what you have to do this time, is wait for when his tail stomp is done, get out of cover, go to the right side of the arena, try to get on the 2nd level (you dont have to but it helps), and attack it directly, making sure you avoid the spiders. it might take 2 or 3 waves to finish the job this way, but it works. Just make sure you are in vehicle form ready to run when he starts his purple laser balls, that attack is the worst.

And thats my strategy for beating Trypticon on Hard. Took me alot of trial and error, but i got it down pretty good, so if anyone else has a question about it, ill be more then happy to answer them. Hope this helped.

XCVii 007
06-26-2010, 09:43 AM
Ya I posted the full video 3 days ago here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=3230992&postcount=20

pX I Atticus
06-26-2010, 10:28 AM
ok will try this i havent slept yet so that way be why im having trouble... So i will sleep then try again after i go to town and replaced the controller ive just thrown at the wall :p

Crazy Wolfgang
06-26-2010, 06:34 PM
Thanks for all your replies guys, I finally beat him about half an hour ago and then stood up, shut off my Xbox, and ran outside. :woop:
Also for anyone that's having trouble, I highly recommend neubourn's guide. Really helped me out and thumbs up for writing that man. Top notch!

Ace IIXII
06-26-2010, 07:26 PM
I just hid on the left under the over hang. The missiles can't hit you, the fire breath can't hit you if you angle yourself behind cover. And only run out to attack when the energon crystals appear.

demi
06-26-2010, 10:14 PM
Uh, this guy is EASY. People had trouble with this?

First form: Use the left and right upper covers to shoot the canisters. Hide when missles are coming. Done

Second form: He does a loop. Your favorite spot is the lower left area. Hide here behind the ramp when he breathes fire (Missles Coming on your screen), and initially when he spews rockets. When the first core is blasted, he does a new attack where the room turns purple. Turn into a vehicle and drive forward and use your Ram attack (I used Optimus) and drive up the ramp (grab a heal if you need it). Here, he will cry and spew crystals. Stand up top and shoot away. Make your way while shooting to your corner, where spiders will come. Stomp them or shoot some away if you have some space. The cycle will repeat. Just remember to drive across the room when it turns purple.

Make sure to run in front of him when you blast the third core so he slams his hand on you for the achievement. Just make sure you survive that, of course.

wastedyouth921
07-02-2010, 06:41 AM
Thanks XCVii 007 that really helped me. Still took me two times but that cause I didn't get outta they way of the breath fast enough

Drias
07-02-2010, 07:21 AM
my friends and i had trouble with him too. He seems to be a lot harder than omega.

anyways, if you're using 3 people to do it, think of it as a boss in some mmorpg. You all need to rely on each other, to stay alive, to find heal and get ammo.

When you start out at the bottom, there are 2 health cubes in front of you. You and your 2 friends are going to need to figure out who can survive better than the other two, that way if you're all at 1 health bar, the two who are more likely to die, get it. To the left, is the x12 scrapy, and some ammo. Pick up the scraper and jump up the ramp, onto the second level of the left side. Pick up the Rifle. You'll notice the Giant pylon just sitting on the second story of the left side, above the scrap maker. When he does his fire bolts out his mouth, thats where one of you shall stand.

At this point, he should be ready to attack. You and the 2 others should be spread out; One on the left, center and the right.

here's what all 3 of you will need to know:
-First attack: Missiles out his back, Car form and boost it pronto.
-Second attack: Fire bolts. Cover on the left side will help with this attack, for one person, you all dont want to be bunched up for his next attack.
-Third attack: Missiles from the tail, and the tail itself. The tail, if it hits in your general area, will take off 3 health bars in hard. Here's the trick to this one, have the center and left/right guard fine aim at the tail. Trypticon has 4 missile launchers on his tail. Destroy as many as you can. Why i say left/right side is because his tail attack will go either one on this first attack, most of the time on the left side, but rarely on the right. Never seen him smack his tail in the center on the first tail attack. (I would like to know if someone has seen this.) If you are on the side the tail is pointing at, dont worry about shooting, but worry more about hauling ass to the opposite side. For some reason, jumping never did me any good. Thats why you have the center and the left/right side hammer the missiles on the tail. After he does the tail attack, dark energon spikes will pop up. Shortly after, Spiders will pop, nearing 8-12 in total per tail attack,

At this point, the 3 nodes on his shoulders open up, one at a time. The scrapmaker is useful here, especially after the Tail attack since he ceases for a couple seconds and lets spiders off.

Once the spiders are dead, (do believe its timed before he starts attacking again) He'll do the missiles, then back to the tail. Once the Tail is up, have 2 of you pounding the missile launchers on it, and the other one boosting for dear life to the other side opposite of the tail. (If the tail goes center, the left/right people stay put and the center person moves to the left or right.)

Once the missile launchers on the tail are dead, continue to hammer him while avoiding all his attacks.

Rinse.
And.
Repeat.

Yes, its Grueling and yes its hard on hard. But patience, and Memory will help you win the fight, Granting you Arcee, and, if you did the whole autobot campaign on hard and found all the decepticon symbols, you'll bank 140Gs (possibly 155Gs if you didnt kill 100 spiders earlier in escalation!)

*BONUS*
Once you kill Trypticon, he'll utter some stupid shit about being a decepticon, and this is where you get the cheevo, "First we crack the shell..." All three of you can get it on hard, without having to do the whole thing over again. As soon as you kill the last Node on his shoulder, Quickly race down in front of HIS right hand, which would be your left. and wait. When we did it, he hit all 3 of us, downed all 3 of us at full hp, and we still got to beat him. We might have glitched and got lucky, or thats how its programmed into the coding, but its possible on hard for all 3 of you to get the Cheevo.

Hoped this helps! Happy hunting people!

Daggra
07-02-2010, 07:41 AM
One way to keep on damaging him and avoiding his attacks is to use DASH! Mash that LB like crazy either to the left or right while hipfiring. That's how I managed to do this, also don't forget that the energon cubes and ammo pick-ups respawn every 30 seconds to a minute or so.

bawrash
07-02-2010, 04:23 PM
Ive just got this on hard and personally i think some of these tips are rubbish.
Never use the car as ur bound to take some damage or get to the other side before he stops. Next dont even bother with the health cubes coz u'll lose the health in second trying to get back where u started.

1. Go up top and grab the heat missles as they lock on so u can dodge and shoot.
2. For the lazer jump and dash back and forward.
3. For the missles jump and dash forward off the edge while in the air transform and boost coz if u land on ur feet u'll stop still, pick up the ammo in the corner and head back up.
4. melee spiders, easier and doesnt use up ammo.
5. the tail missiles does less damage and are easier to dodge by jumping and dashing to the side. Dont shoot the tail concentrate on trypticon.

The key is keep shooting when jumping or downed.

Swapzism
07-03-2010, 03:09 AM
For the final form fight, here's all you need to know:

TOP LEVEL, LEFT SIDE
(while facing Trypicon)

Seriously, he's simple to beat after you know the pattern. On the top level of the left side there is a small spot of cover that will allow you to avoid BOTH the missiles attack and the purple balls.

When he shoots the missiles, simply stand underneath the piece of sraphnel or metal (look up if you are uncertain if you're covered) or whatever and if the missiles are aimed at you they will be blocked by the "roof". After that he will shoot the purple balls, take a step over to the right and stand behind the metal cover that is also there and you will be protected from the balls. You can even shoot his weakspots while he's flame ballin' you.

Once he starts shooting the crystal missiles/tail attack, that's the only time you actually need to switch to vehicle and drive to the other side of the top area, the tail will miss you. You can choose to either attack him while he stands there, or destroy the crystals, spiders WILL NOT spawn from crystals if you destroy them.

Rinse/Repeat/get smashed by hand/Win.

CYBER GRIMM
07-03-2010, 06:44 PM
i had the most unbeliveable luck, just joined an online game just before the credits and bam both hard and medium achs popped.

nufcneilo
08-01-2010, 05:12 PM
If you are having major difficulty, like me, then you want to do it like this person did it in this video: YouTube- Transformers: War For Cybertron - Autobots Last Boss (Trypticon) Hard Difficulty

I did it the same way like him, using Bumblebee, dashing around all the time, and I managed to complete the level on the first time I tried it! (Well I accidentally drove off the edge and killed myself, but that's just my bad lol)

Honestly, it works, I've done it! :)

Kaiden628
08-05-2010, 09:09 PM
USE THE GUN ON TOP. I think it's on the left. It's the big turret gun can't remember what it's called. It does insane damage. Wait for a gap in his attacks and when he starts launching missles at you again if you didn't ill him just drop it and run. If you switch forms you automatically drop it

circus1776
08-19-2010, 09:14 PM
i had the most unbeliveable luck, just joined an online game just before the credits and bam both hard and medium achs popped.

Gotta say, I envy you like no tomorrow for that one. ^^;

pyroloveridge
09-28-2010, 10:11 PM
i found that if you sat uner the roof on the lower level left in a certain position you could dodge most .
when his tail comes out vehicle over the other side quick change and start shooting. melee the spiders, rinse repeat.

Benzboysl500
10-12-2010, 11:13 PM
drive fast

sjmleicester
10-26-2010, 08:45 AM
It's actually easier playing this on your own as you AI buddies never get killed and do inflict some damage.

I played as Bumblebee as he is fast. Learn Tripicon's attack routine, watch the youtube video and practice. It is difficult at first but with a bit of practice it is dooable.

Best tips: At beginning, pick up ammo, gun, and hide in the arcove, (bottom left side) and double jump when he launches rockets. Hide behind the stump (bottom left again) keeps you safe from missiles. Ammo is also down here. Try to ignore / avoid the spiders and jump over them in car mode and let AI take care of them. Keep an eye of the health cube spawning down at the front and drive quickly over to it to refill health if you take damage. I then quickly drove up the the top level and again shot Tripticon in car mode when he is not firing at you. Rinse and repeat a couple of times and he will go down.

Hope this helps