PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Discussion

L3giOn
04-14-2007, 04:48 AM
Discuss the achievements here.

Krazie
04-24-2007, 11:58 PM
Alright guys, we have revealed the achievements for Shrek The Third.

What are your guys' thoughts on them?

Wriggy
04-25-2007, 06:37 AM
I think the achievements are alright but judging on how bad the demo was, I wouldn't even rent this game :locked

Tron
04-25-2007, 11:50 AM
they dont look as easy as i had hoped :)

Schloob
04-27-2007, 02:12 PM
Played the demo and I don't feel they will be as hard as I thought. This game felt a lot like Open Season in that it is very linear in the levels so the "collect all" achievemnets may not be that tough. We'll just have to wait and see:) I will definitely rent it since I don't see the game taking more than 10 hours for 1000.

danny999
05-13-2007, 01:48 AM
I'd reccomend that people use the code to get the extra credits and play a couple of levels on normal difficulty. Oce you then have enough credits buy the 'GRIMM' difficulty level setting from the shop. Restart the levels on this setting and then play the game through. This will then mean you don't have to complete the whole game again on this special setting for the achievement. You can then go back on an easier setting to pick up any rewards missed with an easier level setting with the level select.

adamlowery
05-15-2007, 03:32 PM
The game isn't hard by any means, but I'm getting pretty far and there are some parts of the game where I have died when on Grimm. And you have to beat all of the levels without dieing. So its not gonna be hard really, but not as easy as say TMNT.

xRogue 5x
05-17-2007, 01:25 AM
this game and the achievements are pretty easy just slightly time consuming.
The only ones that have irked me are that when you beat it on a higher difficulty you don't get the achievements for the lower ones.

I beat it on grimm and did not get the achieve for charming so now I have to play through the game yet again. And hooray for non skippable cut scenes.

Gillanaut
05-20-2007, 03:04 AM
Okay so the "perfect" achievement is bugged... I beat every level on Hard getting perfect on every one and i didnt get the achievement... Pisses me off...

graemelunn
05-20-2007, 12:45 PM
Okay so the "perfect" achievement is bugged... I beat every level on Hard getting perfect on every one and i didnt get the achievement... Pisses me off...
The 45 people whom have 1000/1000 would disagree with you...;)

Spliff Starz
05-24-2007, 05:51 AM
Got a glitches... I have the achievemnts for all the quests done but not the Collector's one... Its glitches to have all the quests you need to have all the collectibles objects. And when I choose scene select every single spot are in orange for done.

Wriggy
06-17-2007, 09:35 AM
Now I said I wouldn't even rent it but I need to catch up with GamerScore due to my 360 dieing.

Judging by what I have heard... you'll have to go through the story twice for:

Spoon Fed Ogre
30 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpgComplete the game in Charming Difficulty.
Glorious Liege
80 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpgComplete the game in Grimm Difficulty.

If I was to do it on Charming Difficulty would I also be able to get this?

Hail to the King!
60 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpgComplete all 20 missions of the game for the first time in any difficulty.

Also, would it be possible for me to complete it within (approx.) 10 hours?

Just trying to keep how many times I have to play the game for all the achievements down ;)

p4in redefined
07-30-2007, 08:46 PM
is there anyway to know what levels you still have to get colouring picture on i just got the 66% ach and can only think of 2 levels i havent got it on.

dont worry got them all ig to 600G out of this game in a day and dont want to play through it again 600G for a 2 day rental not bad lol....off to viva pinata!!!

Andrew14man
08-30-2007, 08:47 AM
anyone know of any guides for things like crowns, peg legs etc.?

WalkingFumble
02-11-2008, 04:55 PM
Got a glitches... I have the achievements for all the quests done but not the Collector's one... Its glitches to have all the quests you need to have all the collectibles objects. And when I choose scene select every single spot are in orange for done.

find a fix? i just had this happen to me. perfect on all levels, but didn't get the collector's achievement. i still have to beat it on grimm and charming so i hope it unlocks. i just how to figure out how to select grimm or charming difficulty after i purchased them...

edit: it collector's achievement unlocked after beating the first level.
edit 2: grimm/charming can be selected under options. then choose scene select and start from the beginning.

E vee dub
02-15-2008, 05:16 AM
I got a check mark next to all my quests for completing all the levels without dying and got the achievement for questing ogre.

I did NOT, however, get the Survivor Shrek achievement because I did die by falling in holes on some levels, especially the Evil Queen's Castle as Puss.

So after getting all check marks for each challenge, replay those levels where you died in holes, skip most of the fights and items and just finish.

IMP4C7
03-08-2008, 03:07 PM
Here's my question about the Survivor Shrek achievement.

I [unknowingly] played through the game on Easy, and thought it was on Normal. I went straight to Grimm difficulty and am having to beat every level without dying. I am about half way through and don't want to have to keep restarting levels. So, once I'm done with Grimm, could I start half way through on Normal difficulty and beat them without dying and get survivor Shrek, or do they all have to be beaten without dying on the same difficulty?

EDIT: Nevermind, I tried it, and it works! Good news to any of you out there that have messed up like me.

boofarama
07-26-2008, 04:59 PM
ya thank you beat it on Grimm my first play through now i am going back on normal playing through the levels fast..

wereZ
08-16-2008, 05:26 PM
Hey first post :D

well i just completed shrek on grimm, Nonstop through the game without dying, and no achievement for survivior shrek, i had also done it on normal and charming wihtout dying, still no achivement.

is there any bugs or things to do to unlcok the achievement ?

icer2312
02-04-2009, 05:57 AM
I got the same freaking problem. Apparently if you do the tutorial level on Grimm you unlock though...

ElvinLust
07-19-2010, 04:46 PM
I have noticed a slight glitch in the Glorious Liege (Beat the game on Grimm Difficulty) achievement. It appears that you don't get credit for beating the game on Grimm if you do it on a save file where you have already beaten the game in another difficulty.

For example, I beat the game on normal difficulty. Bought the Grimm difficulty, switched to it and then played through the whole game as a level select from the very opening video (including the tutorial). When I got to the end and beat the game I did not get the achievement. I tried playing through a bunch of levels again. I always used the continue option after my initial level select, no dice. So I started an entirely new save, played the levels needed to buy Grimm (I think it was the first two or three) and then used level select to start from the opening video again on Grimm. After that playthrough (being my 4th complete playthrough) the achievement unlocked as soon as I threw Charming off the stage in the last level.

So I repeat, don't waste your time trying to get the Grimm difficulty achievement on a save file where you have already beaten the game. If anyone has a different experience (such as getting the achievement under the conditions I just stated don't work), feel free to post details on how you did it.