PDA

View Full Version : Worth a buy?

ODST Kayne
06-26-2010, 04:33 PM
My friend wants me to get this game, but from what i have seen, it seems sort of stupid and, for lack of a better word, arcade-y. So can someone give me a little review or some useful info on the game? Thanks!

Vile Denial
06-26-2010, 07:51 PM
My friend wants me to get this game, but from what i have seen, it seems sort of stupid and, for lack of a better word, arcade-y. So can someone give me a little review or some useful info on the game? Thanks!

Honestly, although I'm having fun with it, I wouldn't recommend buying it now. I'd wait until it's patched and hits the bargain bin. A bit disappointing if you pay full price for it.

ODST Kayne
06-26-2010, 08:18 PM
Honestly, although I'm having fun with it, I wouldn't recommend buying it now. I'd wait until it's patched and hits the bargain bin. A bit disappointing if you pay full price for it.

That's what i was thinking. Probably just a rent for me.

Azrael008uk
06-26-2010, 10:29 PM
It depends.

If you enjoyed the humour in the trailers you'll enjoy the full game.

If you're desperate to rape this game for as many points as you can get in as little time as possible you may find it a bit frustrating because you'll have to try and it will make you work for your score.

Overall it's a very entertaining game where you stalk, terrorize, maim and kill anyone you don't like, or drive them mad enough to take their own lives.

You'll be in stitches.

Az

Vile Denial
06-27-2010, 02:10 AM
It depends.

If you enjoyed the humour in the trailers you'll enjoy the full game.

If you're desperate to rape this game for as many points as you can get in as little time as possible you may find it a bit frustrating because you'll have to try and it will make you work for your score.

Overall it's a very entertaining game where you stalk, terrorize, maim and kill anyone you don't like, or drive them mad enough to take their own lives.

You'll be in stitches.

Az

I do agree with you that it's an entertaining game, but I just think that it doesn't deserve a hefty price tag. It would have been better received had it been an arcade game. Just my opinion on the game though. I do enjoy it, just not 50 of enjoyment.

ODST Kayne
06-27-2010, 04:01 AM
I do agree with you that it's an entertaining game, but I just think that it doesn't deserve a hefty price tag. It would have been better received had it been an arcade game. Just my opinion on the game though. I do enjoy it, just not 50 of enjoyment.

That's what i was thinking. It's practically an arcade game with its graphics and repetitive gameplay, so why pay 50$ for it? I think i'm gonna go with Crackdown 2 and rent this one.

Quickdraw
06-27-2010, 09:44 AM

its a decent game bugs aside, does get a bit repetitive but the challenges do try to keep things differ each level.

in around 2months im sure this will for sure be under 20 and prolly same or cheaper pre owned if that is how you roll, if you have other games to keep your interest id suggest sticking with them and w8ing.

oDrPepper
06-27-2010, 10:24 AM
Well I've got this coming from my rental company so it should arrive tomorrow. I'm actually wishing I'd chosen Singularity instead, but hopefully this will still be mildly enjoyable.

rob4002
06-27-2010, 10:31 AM
you should wait till it's patched as it is really annoying that it freezes at ther same point each time

Azrael008uk
06-27-2010, 10:54 AM

The game shouldn't have been releases as an arcade title because it's a full and proper game.

If the game was full of epic and lengthy cut scenes, tons of music and was rendering detailed hi-res textures then the game would be as big a hard drive install as anything else with the above.

There are much poorer games that retail for more than this title.

Az

Vile Denial
06-27-2010, 11:54 AM
The game shouldn't have been releases as an arcade title because it's a full and proper game.

If the game was full of epic and lengthy cut scenes, tons of music and was rendering detailed hi-res textures then the game would be as big a hard drive install as anything else with the above.

There are much poorer games that retail for more than this title.

Az

Well the arcade games are still full games, just they tend to be smaller (thus missing the lots of music, variety in locations/models/textures/etc.). While the game is entertaining, it doesn't have the content of a retail title. I honestly think they would have had better sales if they released it in the arcade.

buffalo29
06-27-2010, 02:33 PM
I can't wait, got my copy coming from Amazon tuesday morning...can't wait:woop:

Azrael008uk
06-27-2010, 07:56 PM
Well the arcade games are still full games, just they tend to be smaller (thus missing the lots of music, variety in locations/models/textures/etc.). While the game is entertaining, it doesn't have the content of a retail title. I honestly think they would have had better sales if they released it in the arcade.

Nonsense.

"Watchmen" is about a couple of GB and that's a pile of crap.

This is an entertaining game that looks good and is fun to play.

Since each bear has it's own unique personality that governs how it will act, whether it will cower when confronted, or attack, whether it will flee from the scene or attempt to organise the other bears in defence, arguably this game has better A.I. than "Modern Warfare 2".

That there are 33 unlockeable bear costumes, each with their own unique statistical and level benefits, then this game has more customisation than "Gears Of War" and "Gears of War 2" combined.

Hopefully the game review sites will publish reviews for this title soon, then all the people who don't know what to think about this game will finally have been told what to think.

Az

ODST Kayne
06-27-2010, 08:46 PM
Nonsense.

"Watchmen" is about a couple of GB and that's a pile of crap.

This is an entertaining game that looks good and is fun to play.

Since each bear has it's own unique personality that governs how it will act, whether it will cower when confronted, or attack, whether it will flee from the scene or attempt to organise the other bears in defence, arguably this game has better A.I. than "Modern Warfare 2".

That there are 33 unlockeable bear costumes, each with their own unique statistical and level benefits, then this game has more customisation than "Gears Of War" and "Gears of War 2" combined.

Hopefully the game review sites will publish reviews for this title soon, then all the people who don't know what to think about this game will finally have been told what to think.

Az

Modern Warfare 2 isn't supposed to have stellar AI, and Gears of War isn't supposed to have customization. No one said either of those games have great AI or customization, yet you use them as examples. I can't see why. And the game may have 7 or 8 (not sure) missions, but they all take place on the same island. No variation in the play area and the gameplay, and the bear's "personalities" don't affect anything useful. If you want a certain bear isolated, you could disable a car. A good "personality" would tell if the bear enjoys fixing things and if they will fall for your trap. But that isn't the case. Who cares if a bear will fight back or rally other bears. That isn't exactly individual AI behavior. The personalities are advertised as deeper than that, but it isn't the case. And the fact that the sheer amount of content is so small, makes this game a waste of a full price. And yes, 50$ is still close enough to full price.

There are already a few reviews out for this overpriced arcade game.

For example:

http://gamerant.com/naughty-bear-reviews-ryanb-26799/

This and other reviews will say the same thing. Repetitive gameplay, limited content, lack of diversity, and clumsy controls. It's basically a fuzzy Manhunt, and is not worth 50$. They would have made more money releasing this as an arcade title.

Azrael008uk
06-27-2010, 10:04 PM
There are already a few reviews out for this overpriced arcade game.

For example:

http://gamerant.com/naughty-bear-reviews-ryanb-26799/

This and other reviews will say the same thing. Repetitive gameplay, limited content, lack of diversity, and clumsy controls. It's basically a fuzzy Manhunt, and is not worth 50$. They would have made more money releasing this as an arcade title.

Well it might be a link to a 3rd party fan site, but it is a review, even if it's not a very good one.

The guy's upset that it's not "GTA" for bears and complaining because he was unable to create a psychological profile logbook for which bears liked to fix things?

Too bad the guy couldn't kick back and enjoy himself. It's a pretty fun game.

Most of the people playing this game are enjoying this game and most of the people trying to moan about it don't own it and moaning helps them feel better about the fact they don't have it.

Az

ODST Kayne
06-28-2010, 12:18 AM
I'm not saying it is a bad game, I'm saying it isn't worth 50$ for the amount of content you get. I plan on renting the game, but based on videos and reviews, everything in the reviews I've red seems true.

Azrael008uk
06-28-2010, 10:43 AM
I'm not saying it is a bad game, I'm saying it isn't worth 50$ for the amount of content you get. I plan on renting the game, but based on videos and reviews, everything in the reviews I've red seems true.

It's a fun game but renting is always the best option if you're not sure about a title.

I'm sure you've read enough reviews to be able to tell that the "gamerant" guy isn't reviewing the game played but rather the game he 'expected to play'.

Still you cant go wrong with a rental because if you end up liking it you always have the option of picking a copy up.

Az

ODST Kayne
06-29-2010, 02:13 AM
That probably isn't the best review, but the game also hasn't release in the US, or at least where i live. So the selection of reviews is shitty. But it doesn't change the fact that the game isn't worth a full 50$ price tag and would have been more suited to an arcade release on XBLA. And you still haven't elaborated on why you used MW2 and GoW2 as examples randomly.

Jarimy123
06-29-2010, 05:48 PM
They have it at Kmart for $34.99. Worth that I believe.

YoshiLimbo
06-29-2010, 06:27 PM
I'm going to buy this game... just not anytime soon as its gettin bad reviews=/ But it seems like so much fun... 20 Pound seems like a better price for this.

kak2sjak
06-29-2010, 08:08 PM
You'll be in stitches.

Az

...touche'

heezerules
07-01-2010, 03:41 PM
I was looking forward to it but when I saw the gameplay it looked boring.

P.S. still if the game woulda only existed in trailers like jaws parody and that stuff it would've been a great movie/game lol