PDA

View Full Version : Advanced easier than Normal? (at least for high lvl players)

Mongolian Beef
06-27-2010, 06:42 AM
Ok, is it just me or was advanced actually easier than normal?

"no way! you're crazy!"

1 Reason: No Holds Barred

It was sooo much easier using all my weapons than any of the preset classes. Even though they took away auto aim and buffed the ai, sniping remains essentially the same and if they ever get too close, all you need to do is blast your pistol away.

Carcano + High Power Pistol + Semi Auto Pump Shotty + Dynamite = Unstoppable.

Anyone else agree? Or am I just crazy?

McGoogles
06-27-2010, 07:02 AM
Good statement, please read my thoughts thoroughly.

I agree:

Since you don't get to use auto-aim on advanced mode, it seems that the accuracy of bullets are more lenient. Sometimes you don't even have to aim at the target to hit it. It usually happens when you're far away from the enemy or on a mount or boat (The River).
You get the class called "No Arms Barred" which allows you to use any of the weapons you have previously unlocked.
When you use auto aim, sometimes you target things that you don't want to. So it may be a advantage or disadvantage when playing co op (Instead of targeting the enemy from afar, you target a skunk).
I disagree:
It seems as it's harder to acquire headshots while on advanced mode.
It's easier to get killed because you don't have auto aim.
More than most of the people on this game are used to auto-aim; because of Single Player, Free-Roam, etc..
While in the Pre-game lobby of any advanced co-op mission, you get the option of getting the Soldier II class. It gives you the Evan's Repeater and some other pistol. I think that the Evan's Repeater is the best and most useful weapon out of all because of the ammo capacity and accuracy (although it does take 4 shots to kill without a headshot).

PURE Moke
06-27-2010, 07:51 AM
More than most of the people on this game are used to auto-aim
[/LIST]

More than most?

You mean the majority of people playing right?

McGoogles
06-27-2010, 08:01 AM
More than most?

You mean the majority of people playing right?

That's all you had to say of my long and exhausting post that I made? Well, what I mean by "more than most" is that more than most of the people who play this game are used to auto aim.

Most = 60 - 75%

More than most = 60% < x

Way to go off topic.

PURE Moke
06-27-2010, 08:16 AM
That's all you had to say of my long and exhausting post that I made? Well, what I mean by "more than most" is that more than most of the people who play this game are used to auto aim.

Most = 60 - 75%

More than most = 60% < x

Way to go off topic.

Most = Majority

More then majority.......

Technically your still right but its poor use of English ( but then again my English is rather sub-standard)

Your post was good/detailed and I agree with you (Especially with the poor auto aim targeting in regular Co-op).

I'm glad R* made the difficulty higher in the advanced mode and forced the use of manual aim; while the achievements are hard they become easier with teamwork/patience

EmZeroX
06-27-2010, 10:21 AM
Not really.

Advanced is still harder.

1 : Enemies are stronger, tougher. ( I do think you can take more hits on Normal )

2 : Bleed out time is shorter

3 : No auto-aim

On Normal Co-op, you can always rush through missions easily, but not on Advacned. ( I guess that's why most people fail on Advanced, because they like to rush )

Anyway, you'll have much more fun on Advanced if you have a decent team. Normal is kinda boring.

Barad
06-27-2010, 12:28 PM
Overall I think Advanced is still harder, you die too quick, if your down and your mate aib't close, your out and it takes ages.

Chief Funk
06-27-2010, 10:48 PM
Advanced more like stupidly hard if you ask me. The normal missions were perfect (aside from 4 being completely rehashes of gang hide outs), not too easy, not too hard. Advanced is just plain too difficult, there is no reason we need to take more damage, deal out less, and then have no aim asset what so ever. Take all that then add in the fact that RDR or at least these co-op missions have some of the worst hit detection I have ever seen in a game and it just becomes retarded! Seriously I cannot tell you have many times I have headshot someone and then game does not give me the kill. Rockstar needs to patch this or just don't even bother coming out with more DLC. Honestly I know it was free, but as it stands that is the only redeeming quality of the DLC. A real shame too when the main game was so amazing.

KwH x Fatality
06-27-2010, 11:44 PM
Normal is easy, but some part in advance where hard because auto aim is turn off, so it takes longer to kill them and you have less health so you can die faster.