PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Discussion

L3giOn
04-14-2007, 05:14 AM
Discuss the achievements here.

housemdfan
06-03-2007, 03:28 AM
Anyone 'in the know' have any inkling as to whether the achievements are gonna be easy?

ZERATUL PL
06-26-2007, 11:23 PM
how long it takes to beat the game, or to get 1000/1000

The Outfit himself
06-27-2007, 08:09 PM
My friend says that the game is no joke, and the achievements are no joke either.

But he kind of sucks at all the games he plays, and he has a gamerscore of 25G.
He doesnt have the patience to actually complete games.

spikedzombies
06-28-2007, 09:56 AM
the game is actually harder than it seems. Some achievements you will get as the story progresses where as others are hard as hell to find and get.

ive gotten 10 achievements within 4 hours of play. and have died like 30 times already. lol

EDIT******

Played about 5 total hours this morning..

after you get a hang of the game it starts to get pretty easy. Ive gotten 26 of the 50 achievements so far and all have been while the story line continues.. You wont get 1000 on your first time around, i know i wont because i cant go back to the very beginning to find the rest of the stupid charms, so as long as i finish i should get 900 points for 10 hours of work.

Gamewatcher
06-28-2007, 06:11 PM
Did anyone get the Special Delivery achievement? I've blown up four different cats in City of Lights, and no luck. (And it says "cat" not "cats.") The first time I blew up the cat in the alley, he took me out with a hairball at the same exact moment - so I'm wondering if it glitched.

If anyone is wondering about this game, I've posted a First Impressions (http://www.busygamernews.com/2007/06/first_impressions_ratatouille.html)article. I was surprised at how difficult this game is; very small kids need not apply. Also, it's a bit glitchy and doesn't permit backtracking in some cases; if you're trying to fill out your achievements and missed something in the first level, you may have to start a new game.

This could have been a much better game, but it's not the worst licensed title and some of the achievements are fun to get.

spikedzombies
06-28-2007, 06:21 PM
you get that when you do one of the last mission of the Kitchen, its not from the City of Lights missions, dont worry you should get it as the game progresses.

xandura
06-29-2007, 10:45 AM
man, I dunno what disney was thinking, but it aint no kids game, thats for sure

does anyone know if cheat codes allow achievements, just found a bunch of them at cheatcc.com

later

spikedzombies
06-29-2007, 03:12 PM
i dont know never tried any.

All i do know is that I got screwed on 3 achievements because they were glitched.

miiiguel
06-29-2007, 03:17 PM
humm... kinda lame to use cheats, isn't it?, anyway, don't like it, but I just own my gamertag, not yours. My GS is 100% legit.

housemdfan
06-29-2007, 06:27 PM
Okay I've been playing the game for a few hours and most of the achievements come 'by accident' meaning you don't really work for them. The charms though..that's gonna be a toughy. I spent like 10 minutes on the first level and could NOT figure how to get the charms on the clothes line.

Gamewatcher
06-29-2007, 10:21 PM
i dont know never tried any.

All i do know is that I got screwed on 3 achievements because they were glitched.

Which three? Any idea what may have caused the glitches?

Baecker71
07-01-2007, 01:10 AM
After reading all the posts I found that no one has answered the question "is this game an easy 1000?" It would be great if someone told me.

housemdfan
07-01-2007, 01:49 AM
It is NOT an easy 1000. Not as easy as some thought it would be. I'm still trying to find all of the mini-games. =/

Fruhmann360
07-02-2007, 03:34 AM
Which three? Any idea what may have caused the glitches?

yeah. which 3 were glitched?

Vader XXX
07-03-2007, 06:12 AM
I just need one more charm to finish this game completely. It is on the Home Stink Home level. I swear I have searched the sewer top to bottom more times than I care to remember. I have finished the story mode so every path is open. Can anyone tell me if there is a particular charm that is hard to find/reach/see that I may not be aware of. Thanks to anyone that can help!!!

Kaens
07-03-2007, 08:17 AM
yeah. which 3 were glitched?
I cannot speak for him, but I have two achievements that glitched, both because I should have earned two achievements at once. I completed my last mission in the kitchen, which should have given me the complete the 3 mini missions and then also completed all missions for me. I got the complete all missions, but not the kitchen missions. Funny seeing as that's IMPOSSIBLE! Since my missions have all disappeared and I was never awarded my 10 coins for completing that mission, I also cannot get my 525 (not that I would have, I am still missing one on city street).

Now that I've beaten the game I can go back and continue the game. I start in the sewer, which is the central hub that all the other areas come off of. However, at no time is it ever possible to go back to the training area so you have to make sure you have 25/25 there before you leave. There are also some of the achievements that you cannot do except for during some of the 5 special missions throughout the levels. The one that I missed was the "trojan horseradish". You are supposed to trick the thief into eating one of the explosive peppers, but there are no squirrels except for on one of the missions. That's where people keep getting confused, they are blowing up cats, but they aren't thieves (only the squirrels & frogs are).

Anyhow, looks like I have to completely replay this entire f'n game! Joy.

Fruhmann360
07-03-2007, 11:37 AM
when can you start that trojan mission?

also, in the market level, how do i get the "banner to banner" achievement Mary Ratkins?

Kaens
07-03-2007, 04:07 PM
when can you start that trojan mission?

also, in the market level, how do i get the "banner to banner" achievement Mary Ratkins?

That trojan mission is in City Streets. It's called Blast something (I'm at work, sorry). The mission objective is to take the peppers and blow up 7 boxes in the gutter. Just take one, drop it, set it off, and let the squirrel pick it up. Bloop, achievement unlocked. I got this one after my rant and restarted a new game. Second time around is WAY faster because I don't care about the mini games at all.

As for the banner to banner achievement, it's one of (possibly the last one) the main story missions in the market. You couldn't avoid this one if you wanted to. Like you are no doubt doing, I wasted a ton of time trying to figure out how to get up and get those floating tokens, but turns out you grab all of those on that mission. It's unavoidable so don't worry about missing that achievement.

Xx Overkill VR
07-03-2007, 04:57 PM
i have posted an achievement guide to this game

Vader XXX
07-04-2007, 03:24 AM
Well I don't know about glitched achievements but as mentioned above I did have a very real problem with the last Home Stink Home charm. Due to an accident my memory file for this game got erased, so I had to start all over from the very beginning. Fortunately for me I only needed the Collect All Charms achievement so I didn't have to bother with the mini-games. However, this time I did not try to pick up any of the charms in the Home Stink Home(sewer) level besides what charms were in my path to going to the other levels. After I finished the story once again I then started collecting the charms in the sewer. I followed every path and collected all the ones I did during the first playthrough. When I got to the area behind the waterfall lo and behold I got the last of the 100 for the level. I swear to whatever all powerful being you worship or the lack thereof that I did not go and do anything different than what I did the first time. I am sure others probably didn't have this problem but I would highly advise a person to wait until the end of the story after you get chased for the last time by Skinner to pursue all the charms in the sewer. I am just trying to save you my fellow gamers the hassle I went through. Good luck!!!

Rocket
08-22-2007, 12:03 AM
I am about to attempt to figure out if cheats will work...since I have to play again, i'm gonna try to do it as fast as possible..

YEs cheats will still unlock achievement...i just did the SPEEDY cheat on my wife's profile and got the first achievement for jumpin on the stump...

Dr Buttcrack
09-12-2007, 03:15 AM
Hey guys, alright, I need help with 2 achievements:

Special Delivery (I see that others are having trouble with this one too, but you say that it's unlocked during the kitchen level?)

Don't Look Down (I got 2 lightbulbs, and the 3rd one I can't find, along with a way to 'float past moths'.

Thanks in advance ;)

Rocket
09-12-2007, 03:24 AM
Hey guys, alright, I need help with 2 achievements:

Special Delivery (I see that others are having trouble with this one too, but you say that it's unlocked during the kitchen level?)

Don't Look Down (I got 2 lightbulbs, and the 3rd one I can't find, along with a way to 'float past moths'.

Thanks in advance ;)

Special Delivery...it is done on a mission on top of the kitchen...the Giapetto guy will even tell you to do it...you can't miss it...

Don't look Down...mission related...the third lighbulb is on the top level of that area...when you initially climb up, if you move left a little bit you will see the lightbulb..you have to go over the tightrope to the other side then cross over...once you get the lightbulb the achievement will unlock

Dr Buttcrack
09-12-2007, 05:08 AM
Special Delivery...it is done on a mission on top of the kitchen...the Giapetto guy will even tell you to do it...you can't miss it...

Don't look Down...mission related...the third lighbulb is on the top level of that area...when you initially climb up, if you move left a little bit you will see the lightbulb..you have to go over the tightrope to the other side then cross over...once you get the lightbulb the achievement will unlock

Alright cool I just got it, thanks man ;)

ximepooh
10-31-2007, 07:02 PM
As for the banner to banner achievement, it's one of (possibly the last one) the main story missions in the market. You couldn't avoid this one if you wanted to. Like you are no doubt doing, I wasted a ton of time trying to figure out how to get up and get those floating tokens, but turns out you grab all of those on that mission. It's unavoidable so don't worry about missing that achievement.

i DID NOT GET THAT ACHIEVEMENTE AND I'VE COMPLETED THE GAME. DO I HAVE TO START A NEW ONE TO GET IT? COULD YOU GIVE ME MORE INFO ON THE MISSION TO KNOW WHICH ONE IT IS? THANKS.

vicko
11-04-2007, 03:15 PM
Hi guys, on the first level, where is the chess piece and what is it for?, cheers.

REL1203
12-04-2007, 03:13 PM
The chess peice if back by the shed in between all the barrels.. Head out of where there playing chess, and head to to the left and its in the middle of the couple of barrels there

tmg100
12-29-2007, 08:38 PM
Boingy Boingy achievement, it says on the guide that theres a new sewer entrance on the market lvl when you have copmplete all the missions ,my console crashed when it was playin the cut scene for the food conveyor belt, i finally realsoed how to do it again( teleport to the city again) but i have no new entrance can anyone help??!??

Haywood Ublowma
01-21-2008, 12:15 AM
I got this game the 1st day it came out and just finisned it 5 mins ago i had them all but i only had 524 charms i look at the guide but could not find it turns out it was at the start of the second lvl right in front of me boy dont i feel like a retard.

SPRAYandPREYcom
02-10-2008, 02:25 PM
this game is not worth the frustration and agony that it creates...the missions are all pretty much lame almost all of them take some stupid trick or require you to do something that dosent make any sense.. i feel bad that its on my gamercard now grapics are grainy and its just feels so hurried in everysense. Then half the missions you do like 3/4 of it and actually kind of get into the game and think hey maybee its not that bad but then the last thing you have to do in order to complete the mission dosent make any @#% sense and its just pathetic having to spend 2 hours trying to figure out what the hell to do, for instance you have to get a ball to one rat to free a coin in a gutter, so you have the ball you know where the rat is but you cant get it up a ramp to get it to him and you have to do some stupid trick or something really lame more disney garbage. Anyone who would spend 60 bucks on this i pity anyone who rents this is almost just as pityfull ie in this case me... 3.4 out of 10....

XxBlueSpade2xX
04-20-2008, 08:29 AM
how hard are the achievements and is the game bearable enough to play them through?

x LeXXuz x
06-04-2008, 01:49 PM
I've missed:

- Light the Way
- Top Shelf Remy
- King of Cheese

Can these still be done after completing the main story???

I would rather jump out of the window (3rd floor) than restarting with this game...

Zach ZL
07-11-2008, 11:33 PM
Wow, after reading these posts I dont think im going to play this game and have to actually try, being it a Disney creation.

vegetable lasagna
03-20-2009, 10:23 PM
I just talked my wife into playing it for me. She got 1000g on 2 of the viva pinata's, so I figure she has enuff patience to play this. :woop:

60skilltokill60
11-10-2010, 08:28 PM
i cant seem to get it. can anyone explain what car it is. casue the closer one i can get to but its the other one that is to far.