PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Discussion

L3giOn
04-14-2007, 05:18 AM
Discuss the achievements here.

marsnello
06-08-2007, 09:26 AM
I saw this piece of text on ign.com;

At our session's end, we checked out some of the Achievements built into the game. You get some for hacking a turret, hacking a security bot, fully upgrading weapons, completing sections of the game, and specializing in plasmid use. Then there are some peculiar entries, such as the Wrench King achievement which requires you finish the entire game using the only the wrench and plasmids. There's another that only unlocks after you finish the game without triggering security systems. That sounds really hard, to say the least, especially considering how much firepower you have to throw at Big Daddies, and makes us curious how long the game actually is. Regardless, BioShock (http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/793/793105.html) is very impressive so far. We can't wait for more.

Considering the achievements I think the game would be pretty short or the achievements are gonna be VERY time consuming... I can't wait to play this game!

cheers!

highpass
06-08-2007, 11:11 AM
Nice find mate!

I'd guess the campaign'll last a good 7-10 hours. Or at least, hope so. Nice to see the achievements slide towards added replayability, wonder what the rest are.

Not long to go now.

marsnello
06-08-2007, 02:47 PM
I read that the game will last 25 hours if you take your time. So your 10 hours will probably be a good guess, i guess...

DeW222
06-22-2007, 05:13 AM
That's kind of disappointing tbh. 25 hours tops for the main story? Hmm, that's o.k. considering that's similar to Half-Life 2 and F.E.A.R.

run4cover
06-30-2007, 01:19 AM
ya 25 hours doesnt seem long enough. i personally hope there is a mix of hard achievements(for longevity) and easy achievements(to keep me intrested) I think the achievements like the wrentch one make people want to play through the game multiple times trying something new each time. Im SOOOOOOOOO excited!!!!

Krazie
07-04-2007, 08:16 PM
Achievements have been revealed!

What do you guys think?!

Webb
07-04-2007, 09:43 PM
I'm a fan. Should make it more fun now there is a decent list ;)

DeW222
07-04-2007, 10:20 PM
I really like the achievement list. The "achievement preview" that IGN gave was really misleading, I thought all the achievements would be a combo of weird and hard, but they're all over the board. Lots of achievements for "first time" things, some achievements for "repetition", some are challenges, some look like they might take multiple play throughs. I want to know what the secret achievements are for this game more than any other actually. I noticed the Wrench King achievement isn't a public one, but I don't think it's the secret 100G one.

GonePostal77
07-04-2007, 10:46 PM
I'm guessing it's gonna be pretty tough to go through the entire game without "harvesting" a Little Sister. Apparently they're the key source of this Adam substance that keeps you going. Could keep playing the game multiple times interesting.

MrRedrum
07-04-2007, 11:13 PM
I'm sure the 100 point secret achievement will be for not triggering any of the security systems. Since during IGN's review said that the security drones were of great use it would actually hinder you and cause even more problems for you to not take advantage of the security areas and get "caught." But we will never know until we start unlocking them ourselves. Also, I'm sure the Wrench King achievement will only be one of the 30 point achievements... or it could always be the 100 pointer. It depends on how tough the game actually is.

Cyrex
07-05-2007, 01:25 AM
im not happy that there are a lot of secret achievements though, i know that there is only like 10 but i was thinking that there should only be like 5 or something. I know beating it on hard is going to be really hard but since the hole game is single player i think they should be some fun achievements in here. By the looks of it though there are no COG tags:p:woop::woop:, but i am wondering how many different Audio diaryies there are though?

Wolf
07-05-2007, 02:10 AM
7-10 hours are fine for a single player only game that is going to force you to go back to get most of the achievements. And I don't care if it risks 100 points, I'm harvesting all the little sisters I can. It's probably the secret 100-pointer anyway.

Feel My Rage
07-05-2007, 07:20 AM
Wolf prety much said what i was gonna say....

The 100g is probably the oposite of the saviour one...harvest them all.

angry
07-05-2007, 10:22 AM
Great news i seriously can't wait to play this game the achievments will take hard work like the wreched one but when you achieve it you know tat you fully deserved it. ;)

Zef
07-05-2007, 10:56 AM
Does anyone know what the 'research' achievements are about, there is one that says you need to take research photos, so will research be like taking some snapshots of enemies a la Dead Rising?

There is a long list even if they aren't as varied as in other games, not too many story progression ones unless they are secret.

Wolf
07-05-2007, 03:46 PM
Does anyone know what the 'research' achievements are about, there is one that says you need to take research photos, so will research be like taking some snapshots of enemies a la Dead Rising?

From what I've read it appears to be the case.

Crimsonthrone
07-05-2007, 06:39 PM
I like them they give the game allot of replay value

ill probably be going for allot of Achievements in this game but the secret Achievements are annoying but there probably just Story progression Achievements.

(The Secret Achievement for 100G is probably complete the Game)

Webb
07-05-2007, 06:45 PM
(The Secret Achievement for 100G is probably complete the Game)

Well there is a 40pt achievement for completing it on hard so that would seem a little weird.

Zef
07-05-2007, 07:03 PM
Bulletwitch has a 1 pointer for beating it on the highest difficulty, so it wouldn't be out of the question to do such a thing.

If the secret achievements are story related then they probably want to keep it more secretive than other games have done. Or maybe they have some for beating x number of y enemies, 100 big daddies anyone?

WhoKildMyHooker
07-05-2007, 10:36 PM
the 100 point secret one cant be harvest all little sisters because a 40 point one right after beat on hard is harvest or rescue all little sisters lol (dealt with every little sister)

Wolf
07-05-2007, 11:54 PM
the 100 point secret one cant be harvest all little sisters because a 40 point one right after beat on hard is harvest or rescue all little sisters lol (dealt with every little sister)
I hate my life. Sort of. 40 points is at least rewarding. The 100 pointer is probably something stupid, then, like play for 100 hours.

MrRedrum
07-06-2007, 12:07 AM
Zef might actually be on to something... killing 100 big daddies or something along those lines would definitely be challenging... but if you are to kill every little sister then by default you must encounter and kill a Big Daddy. Unless if you're somehow able to kill the little sister and run away from the Big Daddy which from the videos seems to be either impossible or hard as hell.

DeW222
07-06-2007, 02:45 AM
Although I don't doubt that the 100 point secret achievement will be challenging, it won't be to kill 100 big daddies since they're basically optional bosses and I think there are only about a dozen in the game. In fact, I doubt that the achievement has anything to do with the big daddies/little sisters at all since so many of the public achievements have to deal with them. It's probably going to be something really out there though (maybe a la Crackdown: upgrade everything. Tracks, weapons, Tonic, etc.)

Fire Mage
07-06-2007, 02:51 AM
I bet something extra happens if you harvest all the Little Sisters.

And so then that will probably be the extra 100 point achievement. As when I was reading up, some guy wants you to harvest them all to save his family or some sort. My memory is fuzzy.

I bet if you do, then he uses all the power to do something crazy and you must beat him (or something of the sort)...

Just a guess!

Feel My Rage
07-06-2007, 06:42 AM
Im still leaning towards Harvesting all the LS for 100g.It would only make sense seeing as the only other 100g is to save them all...and dont bring up the 'Dealt with little sisters' thing again as an argument against this.Bucause as far as I can tell,thats simply defeat all the BDs and harvest and/or save the LS.There for you can mix both and deal with all the LSs and still get that one

Ruthless
07-06-2007, 11:34 AM
what does harvest all little sisters mean? kill em or save em or what?
I dont like the achievemnts much all too time consuming like forza 2, i prefer the dirt achievements alot easier lol

Fire Mage
07-06-2007, 02:39 PM
what does harvest all little sisters mean? kill em or save em or what?
I dont like the achievemnts much all too time consuming like forza 2, i prefer the dirt achievements alot easier lol
Harvesting them is pretty much killing them for their energy/Adam.

Feel My Rage
07-07-2007, 04:32 PM
Yup...doubt it could be any more simple then that....or most likely time consuming....

Maka
07-09-2007, 01:03 AM
Achievements look good although they might be a little hard. They also seems that one mistake through single player screws it all up.

HotScott92
07-09-2007, 02:18 AM
Hmm... these seem like pretty decent achievements. Some to keep me playing...I think I won't have TOO much trouble with it.

Feel My Rage
07-09-2007, 05:51 AM
Achievements look good although they might be a little hard. They also seems that one mistake through single player screws it all up.
What in gods name do you mean single player screws it all up?

Dude,this game was designed for sigle player only....you know that,dont you?

ZoopSoul
07-09-2007, 05:51 AM
They wouldn't keep the savior one in the public if one for harvesting them all is a secret. Beyond that, they have one for harvesting/saving them all already on that list. It's not consistent with the other achievements. Seriously, think about it. It doesn't make sense.

The secret ones will be story-related. They don't wanna give the game's plot entirely away.

Feel My Rage
07-10-2007, 12:52 AM
I know some of the secrets will be story related...but why wouldnt there be one for harvesting all the LS?theres one for SAVING them all,one for doing,either or doing a mix,so why shouldnt there be one?

Please tell me if you have a reason why it shouldnt be one for harvesting.

Fanthir
07-19-2007, 01:08 AM
If you recall them saying you need adam for all your powers, and when you kill a little sister you get a whole buncha adam. Why would they reward you for taking the semi-easy way out. I would think going on without as much adam would make the game progressively harder. It will probably be a 30 point achievement.
I would like to see the wrench achievement as the 100 because that seems to be the most likely. Or it could be an achievement were you go through the game without fighting at all.

Feel My Rage
07-19-2007, 06:36 AM
Hmmm.....point taken.....

But i still say there is an achievement for killing all the sisters...

And one for completeing the game without fighting?Wouldnt that be,to ay the least, damn near impossible is this kinda game?

Chilidog Chaos
07-31-2007, 07:49 PM
Is this game the same deal as shadowrun? I don't have Vista and am planing on getting it for XP, will it still have achievements or am I left dry?

Elite Assassin
08-02-2007, 05:09 PM
I hate my life. Sort of. 40 points is at least rewarding. The 100 pointer is probably something stupid, then, like play for 100 hours.

How I hate 100 hour achievements Far Cry, C&c 3, Dead or Alive 4 and what ever else. I guess it is better then 10,000 kills in gears for some.

Tytech
08-08-2007, 04:16 AM
The achievements dont bug me at all, I heard there are lots of ways to go through the story so that brings some good replay value.

bubbaking
08-08-2007, 08:58 PM
They wouldn't keep the savior one in the public if one for harvesting them all is a secret. Beyond that, they have one for harvesting/saving them all already on that list. It's not consistent with the other achievements. Seriously, think about it. It doesn't make sense.

The secret ones will be story-related. They don't wanna give the game's plot entirely away.

Yeah, I'd agree with this. It seems odd that the first achievement is for completing the welcome to rapture level, but there aren't any achievements for the other levels. I'd be willing to bet that a few of them are secret because they're story related spoilers.

Pyroman31
08-08-2007, 09:53 PM
I'd say that's a good idea. Just look at Halo3...Everyone knows the levels now...

DemonInU
08-09-2007, 06:44 PM
I try not to wonder on the achievements to much, If it is 25 Hours Thank god because that Is REALLY long for FPS to say the least...I think that with all of the different paths everyone will have to play through the game at least twice to find everything and try everything and so on and so fourth...Although I am planning on going through the first time without Harvesting the Little Girls Because, I was watching a video and it says that you still get alittle ADAM from the rescue of The little girls and that the Person that whats you to rescue the girls will make it worth your while so it will probally have its pluses. :)

Feel My Rage
08-11-2007, 06:39 PM
Thats what i thought as well DemonInU.....except...that saviour achievement just encourages me to try it....I like the achievements just because theyre like mini milestones for me....

Oh and demon,i thought i should point this out....you said 'so on and so fourth' right?Well,I think,im not positive though because my spelling sucks,that 'fourth' should be spelled 'forth'

XxCRAZYSNIP3RxX
08-11-2007, 07:26 PM
I can already tell these will be some fun , some challenging , and some long achievements to get!!!!!!!!!!
I can't wait for this game.

DemonInU
08-12-2007, 12:03 AM
Thats what i thought as well DemonInU.....except...that saviour achievement just encourages me to try it....I like the achievements just because theyre like mini milestones for me....

Oh and demon,i thought i should point this out....you said 'so on and so fourth' right?Well,I think,im not positive though because my spelling sucks,that 'fourth' should be spelled 'forth'

Yeah you may be right, I was kinda Rushing because I get that why when I think about something....And have that kind of response...Sorry :( Yeah the achievements do push the game play, But I try not to let it take over me having fun and some people let that happen. They just rent or buy every game, just for the GamerScore...:uzi:

Feel My Rage
08-12-2007, 06:49 AM
Yeah you may be right, I was kinda Rushing because I get that why when I think about something....And have that kind of response...Sorry :( Yeah the achievements do push the game play, But I try not to let it take over me having fun and some people let that happen. They just rent or buy every game, just for the GamerScore...:uzi:
Dude.....I rent/buy a lot of games for achievements too....but im not an achievement whore.I dont get a game i absolutely HATE with a freaking passion for achievements.....i cant torture myself like that...But also,i rent a lot of games before i buy or just to try the games,so on my card i have you know,15+k out of like,30+k in gamerscore

tS-BLiTZ
08-13-2007, 07:39 AM
So I haven't gotten a chance to play the demo yet, and haven't been following this. Are the achievements like upgrade all of x gonna be like Crackdown getting 4 stars in everything, or is it gonna be like if you get to the end of the game with 99% everything nothing maxed out, you have to replay it with empty stats again. Trying to understand how the system works here, I hope it's something where you can keep replaying your same character until you max everything, because I want to go through it first with no achievements in mind just playing.

Feel My Rage
08-13-2007, 04:43 PM
Blitz,the game is not like Crackdown in the aspect that once you beat the game,you must restart to play again or reload your last save...and you can see the achievements,theyve been up on the site for a bit now....The 'maxing' achievements have to deal with Splicer research and weapon upgrades,thats about it.But this game isnt linear.There is a story and 'missions' you MUST do to get further into the game and into more areas,but you are ALWAYS allowed to backtrack to areas youve been to before,you are not requiered to go back,so you can pretty much make ths game last as long as you want.

Zef
08-14-2007, 02:50 PM
Just finished the demo and had a bit of a ponder on a possible, albeit crazy achievement. Big Daddy Boxer - Defeat a Big Daddy using only melee weapons

Since I haven't fought one I don't know how impossibly hard that would be to accomplish, but it would be bloody hilarious trying.

Wreckon Dracgon
08-14-2007, 03:01 PM
Just finished the demo and had a bit of a ponder on a possible, albeit crazy achievement. Big Daddy Boxer - Defeat a Big Daddy using only melee weapons

Since I haven't fought one I don't know how impossibly hard that would be to accomplish, but it would be bloody hilarious trying.Bloody indeed my friend. Although I hate collection achievements would be sweet to see

"Those Things Cause Cancer - Smoke Every Pack of Cigarettes in the Game"

"Time to Call Alcoholics Anonymous - Drink All Alcoholic Beverages in the Game"

I just love the blurry/dizzy affect that happens after you drink three drinks in a row... but hell anything to boost the EVE BABY.

JoEy0808
08-14-2007, 03:47 PM
the achievments overall will be a bit challenging and some time consuming, its a good game though, kinda scary :) lol

Zef
08-14-2007, 03:53 PM
Oo, just remembered more I thought of.

Mean Drunk - Kill an enemy whilst under the influence of alcohol

Fire and Ice - Help out a frozen Splicer in a blazing hot kind of way (kill a frozen splicer using Incinerate)

Little Daddy - Kill X Big Daddies

Ceaser 2.0 - Use Enrage and watch two Big Daddies lock horns

tehwalrus
08-15-2007, 07:42 AM
I think going without harvesting any little sisters won't make it -that- much harder, in the developer walkthrough on youtube he mentioned that if you save the little sisters they'll give you some adam anyways.

SuddleD
08-16-2007, 03:34 AM
Is there an actual achievement list for this game yet? I didn't see it...

Link2430
08-17-2007, 12:05 AM
Yes it's on the main page...here's a link:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/achievements.php?gameID=271

Mortikie
08-17-2007, 12:28 AM
I know all the secret achievements, but they give away parts of the story line so I will refrain from posting them. Unless of course, you all want to know them.

Anyway, they all seem to have to do with the main story line, so if you beat the game, then you should get them all.

tbc_hitman
08-17-2007, 10:44 AM
this game is so cool

SuddleD
08-17-2007, 05:16 PM
Really fun game, I just don't always like when they split it up b/t 50 achievements....seems like it takes longer to get them all, heh.

Feel My Rage
08-17-2007, 05:37 PM
Those of you who lucked out and got it early...

I HATE YOU!!!
Grrrrrrr....

Now I have to wait for the games real release date to get it from my local gamestop....

And yes,i know its being sold on ebay as well....but i think i can wait half a week for not having to pay an extra 30 bucks for it...

AcidAngel
08-17-2007, 06:29 PM
here's the missing achievement in the list, i dont know how to submit it / its not a spoiler

http://jurai.free.fr/bio.jpg

III Curtis III
08-17-2007, 07:48 PM
everyone im quite confused about the SPOILER (highlight >)
Became a Big Daddy
The player has become a Big Daddy.

thats quite insane aint it....

spoiler alert

Zef
08-17-2007, 10:33 PM
I know all the secret achievements, but they give away parts of the story line so I will refrain from posting them. Unless of course, you all want to know them.

Anyway, they all seem to have to do with the main story line, so if you beat the game, then you should get them all.

If you have unlocked them then be sure to submit them to the site, x360a strives to have complete lists so make sure you share the goodies =P

DoM cAbAn
08-18-2007, 02:21 AM
everyone im quite confused about the SPOILER (highlight >)
Became a Big Daddy
The player has become a Big Daddy.

thats quite insane aint it....

spoiler alert

You're suppose to make the text the same color as the background, which is more grey than white. :mad:

III Curtis III
08-18-2007, 02:46 AM
You're suppose to make the text the same color as the background, which is more grey than white. :mad:

there is no grey but thats why i but in huge writing spoiler alert as people scan through posts

Mortikie
08-18-2007, 04:47 AM
If you have unlocked them then be sure to submit them to the site, x360a strives to have complete lists so make sure you share the goodies =P

I would've if I had unlocked them. Sadly, I had already reserved Bioshock before Toy's R Us started selling them. The day before in fact. But no, I just know them all from a friend. It might have helped other people find them if they knew what they had to do, but now you already have them all.

MadcatNL
08-19-2007, 12:56 PM
Got my copy yesterday (reviewing it for www.xbox360only.nl (http://www.xbox360only.nl)) and seven of the 10 secret achievements are for the story. The other three (last ones from the list), could be related to the story (the ninth secret achievement is easily doable in story), but I'm not sure.

I am also kinda confused about the achievement Curtis is mentioning, but I'm thinking it will be something with the story.

Funny BTW, if you look at what IGN said, finishing the game with only using a wrench and finishing the game without triggering any security alarms. Those seem to have been cut out, which is a shame, because it would have given the game a lot more longetivity (it is cool anyway to play it three times, but getting achievements for it is always better).

SkillfulMmd
08-19-2007, 11:18 PM
most of the achievements in this game should be easy and i cant wait to play the game ive played the demo a good 5 times

Shazaeomon
08-20-2007, 05:20 AM
The achievements are quite easy to get, actually. I got 48 out of 50 in one play-through on Normal. Right now, I simply have to do the hardest achievement of them all [aside from beating it on Hard], finding all the dang Audio Log Diaries (I have 120 of them right now). THAT is the real hard thing to do.

But, yes, if you have patience and not zoom straight through it. You can get nearly every single achievement [like me] in one play-through.

DaKing240
08-20-2007, 05:38 AM
We have people working on guides here, so that when the game comes out, you should have a Diary guide and possible a Plasmid/Tonic guide right as you start!

SuddleD
08-20-2007, 05:14 PM
Nice, it would also be helpful to know the locations of all the weapons upgrade stations, I seemed to have missed 3 I think....

Adam Miller
08-21-2007, 06:03 PM
Theres already a thread on that.:)

But can anyway say how to research or get a camera because im not that far and im hoping it comes up when i cant miss it?:)

Thanks.

K00PA TR00PA
08-21-2007, 06:08 PM
You cant miss getting the camera as its part of the story. You'll be sent to recover one and after you obtain the camera you can start researchin (taking photos of everything)

Tussell
08-21-2007, 08:21 PM
Most of the secret achievements are like, 'Play has done _________'. Do you get that by just playing through the story?

K00PA TR00PA
08-21-2007, 08:28 PM
Most of the secret achievements are like, 'Play has done _________'. Do you get that by just playing through the story?

Only "irony" and "found cohens room" are the two secret achievements that arent really part of the story.

Tussell
08-21-2007, 08:29 PM
So I can get the others if I just do the story the right way? Like, blow through it.

Adam Miller
08-21-2007, 10:55 PM
Yep you can:)

Thanks for the info about the camera as well.

Personally im gonna blow through it and do it a second time on hardest and getting everything i missed.

InSoMnIaC_190
08-22-2007, 12:31 AM
I am trying to not read this thread to avoid spoilers especially the ones where the text is just white your supposed to highlight but I can see them very clear lol.

Anyway my questions are , with the little sisters ...

1. For the sister saviour without harvesting them does that also count against saving them or will I get both the " Sister Saviour " and " Dealt with every little sister " achievements the same way by saving them?

2. Will I pretty much run into the Big Daddies and Little Sisters while doing the story line? ( I am currently getting the Telekenisis or whatever on my way to it )

3. When the EFF do I get the camera? lol

XxHektikxX
08-22-2007, 01:43 AM
ok ill try my best to answer ur questions.

1). yes i do believe saving all the little sisters would net you both achievements. I mean you ARE dealling with all the little sisters by rescuing them right.

2). As far as i can tell....and im not really that far in...yes. They seem to appear in places where the story takes you, at least for now. But i usually search the entire map before leaving an area (left overs from Castlevania lol) so i dont think i would miss one. Side note,they do appear even if all the little sisters have been dealt with...its actually kinda cool really. They wander around all like sad....

3). You dont get the camera til later on, after you leave neptunes bounty. Dont worry its part of the story, so you cant miss it.

Tussell
08-22-2007, 02:25 AM
Do you have to get every single sister and rescure them? Or is it just the one's you rescued count for the 100 point achievement.

InSoMnIaC_190
08-22-2007, 05:19 AM
ok ill try my best to answer ur questions.

1). yes i do believe saving all the little sisters would net you both achievements. I mean you ARE dealling with all the little sisters by rescuing them right.

2). As far as i can tell....and im not really that far in...yes. They seem to appear in places where the story takes you, at least for now. But i usually search the entire map before leaving an area (left overs from Castlevania lol) so i dont think i would miss one. Side note,they do appear even if all the little sisters have been dealt with...its actually kinda cool really. They wander around all like sad....

3). You dont get the camera til later on, after you leave neptunes bounty. Dont worry its part of the story, so you cant miss it.

Thank you I got the camera not long ago ,glad to know I wasn't just retarded not knowing how to find it lol.

I got one of the big daddies and killed them but the little girl kind of vanished. I hypnotized the big daddy to help me in combat.

I am hoping that I can find that little girl later to nab the achievement or maybe that Big Daddy was all alone. It was right in the start or very close to the start of the Neptunes Bounty level where you first get to buy the plasmid stuff such as the hypnotize a big daddy and the freeze stuff.

|oneyedNewb|
08-22-2007, 06:24 AM
I heard from a mate, that you can get all the points in this game in one walkthrough?
is this true?

K00PA TR00PA
08-22-2007, 06:35 AM
I heard from a mate, that you can get all the points in this game in one walkthrough?
is this true?

Its possible but i dont know if you want your first taste of BioShock to be playing it on the hardest difficutly.

|oneyedNewb|
08-22-2007, 06:47 AM
either way, i wouldn't want to do it in 1 walkthrough, i want to get my 39,99 worth :)

patches4711
08-23-2007, 01:59 PM
So as I read the posts I am getting the feeling it is probably better to go through the first playthrough on normal and get the sister saviour Ach. and you could get pretty much everything but the hard playthrough?? I Started on Hard right away but it is not really enjoyable...

Rascalov
08-24-2007, 07:22 PM
if you rescue every little sister does that get you the Little Sister Saviour and Dealt with every Little Sister achievements?

Pyroman31
08-24-2007, 07:40 PM
if you rescue every little sister does that get you the Little Sister Saviour and Dealt with every Little Sister achievements?

Yes. Granted you get the Dealt achievement first...then when you complete the game you will get the little sister achievement.

p4in redefined
08-24-2007, 09:30 PM
after the ending of the game do you just get free roam around rapture to get the sisters??

and if anyone could post locations of them id appreciate it. ive rescued three but alot of the time i exit places and it says "you havent found any little sisters in this level"...and i mean their not hard to spot with the big daddys nearby and i cant find any.

Goodboy33
08-25-2007, 05:30 AM
after the ending of the game do you just get free roam around rapture to get the sisters??

and if anyone could post locations of them id appreciate it. ive rescued three but alot of the time i exit places and it says "you havent found any little sisters in this level"...and i mean their not hard to spot with the big daddys nearby and i cant find any.

Just save before the ending and go back to any levels where you think you may have missed Little Sisters. Press start in each new area and it will show you how many you need. Every picture of a Big Daddy at the bottom of the pause menu counts for a Sister that you need

Fire Mage
08-25-2007, 07:02 PM
I bet something extra happens if you harvest all the Little Sisters.

And so then that will probably be the extra 100 point achievement. As when I was reading up, some guy wants you to harvest them all to save his family or some sort. My memory is fuzzy.

I bet if you do, then he uses all the power to do something crazy and you must beat him (or something of the sort)...

Just a guess!I'm quoting myself from before because:

I know I'm late and all, but yeah I guessed that secret achievement pretty closely. Although you don't have to harvest the girls like I guessed, I did successfully guess that you would have to fight Atlas.

:woop:

|oneyedNewb|
08-25-2007, 08:25 PM
im shocked how this game is so easy for points, i started playing last night for a few hours and played it today and got 600 points out of it, was gutted that the story ended so quickly though.

p4in redefined
08-25-2007, 09:18 PM
Just save before the ending and go back to any levels where you think you may have missed Little Sisters. Press start in each new area and it will show you how many you need. Every picture of a Big Daddy at the bottom of the pause menu counts for a Sister that you need

is there anyway to select the levels or is it just walking all the way back??

IDR SeMiNoLe
08-26-2007, 12:57 AM
I need help finding security bots and cameras...I'm trying to get the research achievement....

*spoiler*

I already have the big daddy suit on...and now I'm going back thru the game to try and find cameras and bots to take pictures of.

*spoiler end*

does anyone know a good place to find these....especially security bots...b/c the only place i've found any is when they are blinking red and they have a person with them who is blinkng red also....they cant come after me b/c cameras won't detect me (b/c of the thing i mentioned in the spoiler)

HELP

Goodboy33
08-26-2007, 05:32 AM
is there anyway to select the levels or is it just walking all the way back??

You have to walk to the bathysphere (submarine) and you can select from there

p4in redefined
08-26-2007, 12:01 PM

ok good lol i didnt exactly feel like trecking back through the whole game, is the bathysphere near the final boss then?

Rewmac
08-26-2007, 12:05 PM
But you can't really go back to all the areas can you. In Madical Pavilion there is a locked door. And you can't go back to the very first level if you missed the two audio diaries there for example...:woop:

Alerek
08-26-2007, 08:11 PM
I'm on the last stage of the game, have become a Big Daddy...Theres a Garden machine here that has two tonics, Hacking Expert 2, and Human Inferno 2...I didn't see any alternate means of obtaining these other than the Garden...But I'm out of Adam. I made sure to save every little sister, and I bought everything else but those two. Do you obtain some Adam after knocking on the pipe to make the one at the end come out? If not, how do I obtain those last two tonics?

p4in redefined
08-27-2007, 02:15 PM
ok i just defeated the final boss i have a save just before i go up the elevator, i already have the save little sisters achievement so im gonna load up and try and go back to get the sisters i missed harvest them and get enough adam to buy the tonics i need.

anywho wheres the nearest bathysphere to travel back through? ive had a look around and cant find one im standing right infront of the elevator leading up to the boss.

o0PTIMUS PRIMEo
08-27-2007, 09:20 PM
i have the game beat and a save at the bottom of the lift but i still need to fully reasearch a nitro splicer but cant find a way back to where they are located... also i have 40 of 50 achievements but dont know where the upgrade weapons stations are and i need to upgrade two more weapons

Adam Miller
08-27-2007, 09:51 PM
i have the game beat and a save at the bottom of the lift but i still need to fully reasearch a nitro splicer but cant find a way back to where they are located... also i have 40 of 50 achievements but dont know where the upgrade weapons stations are and i need to upgrade two more weapons

Start a new game on hard to get that achievement and use the weapon upgrade station locater thread, which makes it really easy..and there are a serious amount of nitro splicers in the last two areas up to main boss in promethius point and the area before. :)

Hope that helps.

AssassinKing101
08-29-2007, 03:11 AM
For Avid Inventor achievement can I play through the game a few different times? or is it in one whole run through? and same for Tonic Collector.

DFILL450
08-29-2007, 04:57 AM
For Avid Inventor achievement can I play through the game a few different times? or is it in one whole run through? and same for Tonic Collector.

its just one run through..try to get as many as u can by playing it ur first time..and just before the last level save it so u can get wat u missed

is any1 else having any trouble with avid inventor..i was hoping to get some answers in the thread i mad but they jsut locked it like i knew they would..**sigh lol

AssassinKing101
08-29-2007, 05:59 AM
thanks man.

Daveman
08-29-2007, 07:36 AM
Hey guys, just got 1000 GS on this like 4 days ago, let me know if i can help with anything! (Research locations, diaries, stratagies, etc)

ChumbaWumba91
08-29-2007, 10:33 AM
for getting all the tonics, is that basically not possible if you dont harvest little sisters??

Fire Mage
08-29-2007, 06:15 PM
for getting all the tonics, is that basically not possible if you dont harvest little sisters?? It's the other way around.

You have to save them all to get the Tonics. Some of the Tonics are given to you as rewards for saving the Little Sisters.

Some of them are bought at Gatherer's Gardens. And the remaining Tonics are found around Rapture.

Look in the Tonics topic.

YaKoStar
08-29-2007, 08:06 PM
these achievements now. Anything I should think about? How should I play through the game?

Five Fully Upgraded Weapons
Fully upgrade five weapons.

10 http://live.xbox.com/xweb/lib/images/G_Icon_External.gif
Lockedhttp://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/-q/yi/1Tc8P2NhbC9GFQUbXVdRGEQ4L2FjaC8wLzIAAAABUFBQ+o2s5Q ==.jpgWeapon Specialist
Acquire all upgrades for all weapons.

20 http://live.xbox.com/xweb/lib/images/G_Icon_External.gif
Lockedhttp://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/yL/6Z/0Dc8P2NhbC82FQUbXVdRGEQ4L2FjaC8wL0IAAAABUFBQ-7a+0w==.jpgAvid Inventor
Successfully invent at least 100 items.

Lockedhttp://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/B0/cA/0Dc8P2NhbC9BFQUbXVdRGEQ4L2FjaC8wLzUAAAABUFBQ-y9HHA==.jpgTonic Collector
Collect or Invent 53 Tonics in the Physical, Engineering and Combat tracks.

50 http://live.xbox.com/xweb/lib/images/G_Icon_External.gif
Lockedhttp://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/nw/Tk/0zc8P2NhbC9ECxoEGlxTVkQ4L2FjaC8wLzEwAAAAAVBQUPzLBI M=.jpgHistorian
Find every audio diary.

50 http://live.xbox.com/xweb/lib/images/G_Icon_External.gif
Lockedhttp://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/Ib/bB/0zc8P2NhbC9DFQUbXVdRGEQ4L2FjaC8wLzcAAAABUFBQ-O62Og==.jpgSeriously Good At This
Complete the game on the hardest difficulty setting.

40 http://live.xbox.com/xweb/lib/images/G_Icon_External.gif
Lockedhttp://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/jO/+I/+lADUFBQ+ojvjA==.jpgSecret Achievement
Continue playing to unlock this secret achievement.

The last one being "Finding Sander Cohens room".

lamposts
08-30-2007, 12:01 AM
I'm on the last stage of the game, have become a Big Daddy...Theres a Garden machine here that has two tonics, Hacking Expert 2, and Human Inferno 2...I didn't see any alternate means of obtaining these other than the Garden...But I'm out of Adam. I made sure to save every little sister, and I bought everything else but those two. Do you obtain some Adam after knocking on the pipe to make the one at the end come out? If not, how do I obtain those last two tonics?

PUT A FUCKING SPOILER ALERT IN THAT YOU STUPID CUNT!

Mad Man
08-30-2007, 02:27 AM
hey i have a question about the Research PhD achievement, i have researched every enemy but one in my last game, do i have to research every enemy again in my second time or can i research just the one to get the achievement?

ChumbaWumba91
08-30-2007, 11:07 AM
I think it's in one playthrough only. I managed to get it on my first playthrough so im not sure but if you saved before the final boss you could simply go back and look for the enemy you need to research on before you fight.

p4in redefined
08-30-2007, 10:05 PM
**urgent**

ok i know the only tonic i need is armoured shell 2 it says in the thread its by the second gift teenanbaum leaves you after you rescue some more sisters but for some reason i dont have the tonic, i must of left it there, can anyone tell me which gatherers garden in which area its left at, its the only one i need.

AssassinKing101
08-31-2007, 02:09 AM
I need some really big help right now, I need Prolific Inventor and Armored Shell 2 and for both of these your supposed to save the little sisters to get a awared which has of these things I need. But I find all the little sister and didn't get them, so I was wondering if anyone else knows where I can find these?

Shinobi273
08-31-2007, 02:15 AM
I need some really big help right now, I need Prolific Inventor and Armored Shell 2 and for both of these your supposed to save the little sisters to get a awared which has of these things I need. But I find all the little sister and didn't get them, so I was wondering if anyone else knows where I can find these?

You need to pick them up in the reward teddy bears that the little sisters leave at the gatherer's garden machines. If you didn't pick them up, you have to restart to get them. Next run-through, when Tennenbaum radios you about a reward, go and get it immidiately, they dissapear otherwise.

AssassinKing101
08-31-2007, 02:31 AM
Damn, so I have to run though the game again?

DFILL450
08-31-2007, 04:53 AM
can someone tell me if the avid inventor achievement is glitched..i swear ive invented more than 100 items

AuS SpArTaN 93
08-31-2007, 02:07 PM
Are the achievements on this game easy or what?

sln333
08-31-2007, 02:21 PM
Some are easy, and others are time consuming. Be specific about which achievements if you want to know how long that one takes. And good god your connection sucks.

barbour99
08-31-2007, 04:19 PM
hey i have a question about the Research PhD achievement, i have researched every enemy but one in my last game, do i have to research every enemy again in my second time or can i research just the one to get the achievement?

You'll have to do it in the one playthrough otherwise the research would reset to 0.

It's quite easy to go back and research them though...

Tricka21
09-01-2007, 11:05 PM
Just a quick question. I was wandering if anyone could tell me how easy this game would be to attain 1000/1000. Thanks in advance

skuff
09-02-2007, 01:09 PM
can someone tell me if the avid inventor achievement is glitched..i swear ive invented more than 100 items

no its easy man, easiest way to do it is to keep making items (about 50) then just save up all your items (batteries etc), when you get to a later level, hack an invent machine, save, then keep making the cheapest things in one go.. i did this and it popped up before i left the machine, then load back up your save

also, sorry if this has been asked, but if i rescue a little sister, and she gets killed by a splicer after i save her, will i still get the saviour achievement?

ChumbaWumba91
09-02-2007, 03:14 PM
also, sorry if this has been asked, but if i rescue a little sister, and she gets killed by a splicer after i save her, will i still get the saviour achievement?

Thats never happened to me but i suspect it wouldn't affect it seeing as you only have to go through the game without harvesting. The acheivement doesn't state that it would have to involve all the Little Sisters in the game so nah i think your alright but i don't think you can get the 'Dealt With Every Little Sister' achievement though.

skuff
09-02-2007, 05:23 PM
cheers bro, ive got a save just before it happend, so im gonna run through it again, its happend twice now, those damn splicers are everywhere when you dont need them to be :)

skuff
09-02-2007, 07:37 PM
I went back to my last save and redid it and got the
Dealt With Every Little Sister points.. i seem to have missed 1 diary
Fancy Cigarettes (Albert Milonakis)
and 3 tonics
extra nutrition
human inferno
wrench lurker

Am i right to believe if i save before going to the last boss, i can go back and get these after i finish the game? because i think im nearly done escorting the little sisters

thanks

oneandonlytommo
09-02-2007, 08:04 PM
have i got a glitched game because the lucky winner achivement wont unlock and ive won about 6 times on the slots and still no achivement :(:confused::mad:

Fire Mage
09-02-2007, 08:56 PM
and 3 tonics
extra nutrition
human inferno
wrench lurker

Am i right to believe if i save before going to the last boss, i can go back and get these after i finish the game? because i think im nearly done escorting the little sisters

thanks

Yes, before you take the elevator up to the last boss, you can save the game and head back to where ever you need to. Personally, I saved and finished everything before I escorted the Little Sisters.

have i got a glitched game because the lucky winner achivement wont unlock and ive won about 6 times on the slots and still no achivementAre you sure you're hitting the jackpot or are you just winning regularly? You must get 3 $ signs and get the $250 jackpot for the achievement.

Are the achievements on this game easy or what?If you're good at the game and can find stuff relatively well, then they're easy. I wouldn't recommending rushing through the game for achievements though, as it's a really good game.

Myself, I got 49 achievements on my first playthrough. Now I'm replaying on Hard (albeit slowly). Most of the stuff, like Audio Diaries, I found on my own except for a couple that I missed. I just looked at the guide and found the missing ones and got the achievements.

oneandonlytommo
09-02-2007, 09:02 PM
ooooohhhh i didnt know you had to get 3 $ for the achivment :p ive just been getting the red apples well i think there apples from what i remember il give it another try. :)

oneandonlytommo
09-02-2007, 09:03 PM
and sorry to sound dumb but how do you fully research a splicer etc :confused::p

Fire Mage
09-02-2007, 09:07 PM
and sorry to sound dumb but how do you fully research a splicer etc :confused::p
You must take pictures of Splicers using the Research Camera.

There is a bar at the bottom of each picture that fills up as you get research on the Splicers. You must fill it about four times I believe to fully research one. You'll know you've fully researched it when the bonus pops up with "Increased Damage+++".

Also, for the Max PhD achievement or whatever it is, you must fully research:

- All Splicers
- Little Sisters
- Both Big Daddy types (Bouncer and Rosie)
- Turret
- Surveillance camera
- Security bot

Check the FAQ if you have more questions first.

Fritz White
09-02-2007, 10:07 PM
and 3 tonics
extra nutrition
human inferno
wrench lurker

thanks

Fancy Cigarettes is in Fort Frolic. Some other guy started a thread about a download for the extra 250 points, but it got shut down and he was supposed to move it here, but didn't. I'm wondering the same thing. Is there any news about a possible download in the future?

Fruhmann360
09-02-2007, 10:27 PM
Any idea/clue about additioal achievements?
so if they offer a download, what do you think they'll have you doing for achievements?

def doubting anything multiplayer. maybe collect all plasmids. max out all ammo. hopefully nothing concerning sander cohen.

just wondering.

skuff
09-03-2007, 09:03 AM
Any idea/clue about additioal achievements?
so if they offer a download, what do you think they'll have you doing for achievements?

def doubting anything multiplayer. maybe collect all plasmids. max out all ammo. hopefully nothing concerning sander cohen.

just wondering.

Woop woop :woop: finished it last night, thanks for the tips guys..

And i dont think they would add any achievements, as you have to do pretty much everything in the game to get the original points

ChumbaWumba91
09-04-2007, 08:59 PM
Exactly but if they did add an extra 250 im not fussing, more gamerscore!

Oh yea btw, is the fighting Sander Cohen twice a glitch or a mistake by the developers. Since you can kill him again if you burn his masterpiece after killing him in
his apartment id say that the developers didn't expect you to go back and burn the masterpiece, but what is it?

Nekurahn
09-08-2007, 01:07 AM
I am escorting the little sisters before the Fontaine battle but I have Nitro Splicer that I still need to complete research. Are there Nitro Splicers on the way to Fontaine? I only get Spider and Wrench Splicers so far. If not, where can I go back in the game to find some? Thank :)

Gorjira
09-09-2007, 09:05 AM
Hey guys..Whats the deal ? Ive saved every little sister ( exept one, as I wanted to see what would happen and right after I leared there was a 100gs achievement for not harvesting any =[ ) and I aint got the achievement ? Ive been back and killed that angry red/blue dude and still not got it. =S

EDIT : Nwm, got the answer...

New question!

Im after the 100 items created ach, could I save my game, invent some stuff, load up the save, invent some more, load, invent etc etc and get it ? Or does it not work like that ? ( I need to return the game tomorow, so need some more ach's to be happy =] )

xGodDogx
09-12-2007, 08:26 PM
I've been playing this game nice and slow so far and have about 3 levels to do from here on it took me about 12-15 hours so far.

PerfectAnt
09-13-2007, 03:29 PM
Hey guys..Whats the deal ? Ive saved every little sister ( exept one, as I wanted to see what would happen and right after I leared there was a 100gs achievement for not harvesting any =[ ) and I aint got the achievement ? Ive been back and killed that angry red/blue dude and still not got it. =S

EDIT : Nwm, got the answer...

New question!

Im after the 100 items created ach, could I save my game, invent some stuff, load up the save, invent some more, load, invent etc etc and get it ? Or does it not work like that ? ( I need to return the game tomorow, so need some more ach's to be happy =] )

no the invent is not accumulative over multiple tries. you have to do it in one game, and have/use all the items. its really something thats very easy to do over the course of the game.

PerfectAnt
09-13-2007, 03:30 PM
I am escorting the little sisters before the Fontaine battle but I have Nitro Splicer that I still need to complete research. Are there Nitro Splicers on the way to Fontaine? I only get Spider and Wrench Splicers so far. If not, where can I go back in the game to find some? Thank :)

there are a few i believe. but if you want more, go back to the first level. there are some there.

Cold Marine
09-17-2007, 07:48 PM
I can't find enough turrets to get the research phd achievement!!! I cant find any enemy ones. Is there any way of getting the turrets to become unfriendly because I have been searching all over rapture for enemy turrets.

Shinobi273
09-17-2007, 08:34 PM
I can't find enough turrets to get the research phd achievement!!! I cant find any enemy ones. Is there any way of getting the turrets to become unfriendly because I have been searching all over rapture for enemy turrets.

If you take pics of most of the turrents you encounter, you should finish turrent research around Fort Frolic. You can't make hacked machines unhacked, just take the pics after electrobolt and before hacking. If you didn't research turrents and you dealt with all of them, you need to restart the game and research them first instead of hacking or destroying them.

Don't forget about security bots and security cameras.

Cold Marine
09-17-2007, 09:26 PM
I have finished security bots and cameras. Looks like im going to have to restart. Do you need to take more research pics on hard?

Shinobi273
09-17-2007, 09:36 PM
I have finished security bots and cameras. Looks like im going to have to restart. Do you need to take more research pics on hard?

I doubt it, but I have only played hard so I couldn't tell you for sure. If you are worried about hard being too hard, you can stop because it really wasn't that bad. Just take pics of everything you can research and you will be done in no time.

PerfectAnt
09-21-2007, 02:18 PM
I agree. it can be done easily without getting any health or eve upgrades.

also recommend. i kept taking pics of the same thing until they wouldn't give me points for it anymore. each pic was less and less, but they still added up.

ni9ht_5ta1k3r
09-29-2007, 12:56 AM
Once you pick up the camera, can you back track to previous levels to take photos of the bouncer as I'm still missing the achievement for that.

Shinobi273
09-29-2007, 01:35 AM
Once you pick up the camera, can you back track to previous levels to take photos of the bouncer as I'm still missing the achievement for that.
Yes you can.

ni9ht_5ta1k3r
09-29-2007, 02:07 AM
Yes you can.

Sweet! Time to quit halo 3 now.....LOL

EvilKatarn
10-13-2007, 02:37 PM
I just got the little sister saviour achievement, but I didn't save ALL little sisters.. Just a few of them... And i didn't harvest any of them too... But it says in the guide, that you have to save them all.. so what's up with that?

Also I just beat the last boss... he was a bit too heavy on the normal setting, but way easy on the easy setting :P

The ending was short :(

Tan Coul
10-14-2007, 02:41 PM
IIRC correctly, the achievement is for "finishing the game without harvesting any Little Sisters", so you get it for saving some and ignoring the rest, exactly as you did - there is a separate 40G achivement for dealing with all the LSs, whether saved or harvested.

EvilKatarn
10-14-2007, 03:06 PM
Yes, but I meant the guide on this site. It says that you have to save all little sisters..

Tan Coul
10-17-2007, 10:19 PM
Ah, with you. Possibly a revision required?

Mortified now though, went through the game getting what diaries I could and intendeing to scavenge the rest after finishing - only to find of the four I'm missing, one is New Year's Eve Alone so I need to replay the whole game. Ack! SO much for the next run being the Speed Run, I s'pose ;)

Valkynaz
10-22-2007, 04:45 PM
^ Yeah. There are only 5 Audio Diaries in the game that you MUST get before moving on.

Eddy UK
10-26-2007, 12:28 PM
Hi All,

I need to up my research on the Bouncers but cant seem to find ones that i haven't already taken photo's of...:rant:

Does anyone know if:

New Bouncers (bots) enter levels periodically?
I kill one will a new one respawn?
There a limited number of bots?Can anyone suggest somewhere in Rapture where i could find Bouncers - are there any spots where people find them hiding out?????

You can tell I'm clutching at straws here - i just have the Bouncer and PHd achievements to polish this game off (in my eye's ;)- I'm not going through on hard)

Eddy

Shinobi273
10-26-2007, 05:02 PM
I need to up my research on the Bouncers but cant seem to find ones that i haven't already taken photo's of...

Can anyone suggest somewhere in Rapture where i could find Bouncers - are there any spots where people find them hiding out?????

You can find Bouncers in the first level, Medical Station. You pretty much need to kill the Bouncer to make another one appear (new ones will eventually come but its easier/faster just to kill them). The other place you could go to is Hephaestus, in the Core, I think they have Elite Bouncers there. You could use security plamid to have security kill them or get two of them to fight each other. Take as many pics as you can of it before killing, obviously.

Eddy UK
10-27-2007, 02:02 PM
Cheers (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=4740) Shinobi - i was just interested in whether or not they would respawn - i'll try the med station later today - Thanks

Eddy

nezff
10-28-2007, 11:17 PM
I need to know this. I killed Sander Cohen in the first of the game by mistake. oops.
Ok, there is a weapon upgrade machine that i cant get too in his apartment, right, so therefore I cant get the fully upgrade achievement, and the achievements that go along with sander cohen. Can I go back and get these achievements by loading a level prior to killing him after Im done with the game? thanks.

Shinobi273
10-29-2007, 05:20 PM
I need to know this. I killed Sander Cohen in the first of the game by mistake. oops.
Ok, there is a weapon upgrade machine that i cant get too in his apartment, right, so therefore I cant get the fully upgrade achievement, and the achievements that go along with sander cohen. Can I go back and get these achievements by loading a level prior to killing him after Im done with the game? thanks.

If you load a game that still has him alive, you should be able to get into his appartment and get the rest of the achievements.

Oddly enough, after you kill him in his appartment, you can kill him again by burning his masterpiece. He will come down from his office and attack you. Only works in reverse though, he won't appear later in the game if he was killed before in the story.

Mark4Banishment
11-20-2007, 05:24 PM
Hey guys I notice now on the achievement list for bioshock it moved from 50 to 51 anyone has any clue on what the new achievement is? I know there was a posting awhile ago on the German verison of this game people already found it. Maybe if anyone from Europe can probably share on what the achievement is.

orp08
11-21-2007, 12:28 AM
Hey guys I notice now on the achievement list for bioshock it moved from 50 to 51 anyone has any clue on what the new achievement is? I know there was a posting awhile ago on the German verison of this game people already found it. Maybe if anyone from Europe can probably share on what the achievement is.
Same question... I have the other 50 achievements, so i really want this new secret one... Someone knows whats about and how many is it worth (i doubt is 250)???

Shinobi273
11-21-2007, 12:36 AM
Same question... I have the other 50 achievements, so i really want this new secret one... Someone knows whats about and how many is it worth (i doubt is 250)???

For the new achievement, check this thread http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=44269&page=4

xtremegamer113
12-04-2007, 10:39 PM
alright, the new achievemtn is revealed. sounds hard but can you abuse the save option?

H20
12-05-2007, 05:57 AM
Im so not going for that last 100 ill just say i got 1000 and be done. lol

Don Manolo
12-05-2007, 06:35 PM
For that new achievement, do you have to kill the big daddy's? Or can you just beat the story line fast without attacking the big daddy's??? Because that would make it a lot easier if you don't have to attack them....

Shinobi273
12-05-2007, 07:05 PM
For that new achievement, do you have to kill the big daddy's? Or can you just beat the story line fast without attacking the big daddy's??? Because that would make it a lot easier if you don't have to attack them....

The requirements are pretty straight forward, pretty much if you kill the final enemy without using a vita chamber from the beginning of the game, starting on hard difficulty and not changing the setting at any time throughout the game, you will get the achievement. You don't need a single tonic, weapon, upgrade, audio diary, or any research. Of course all of those things will probably help you but all are unnecessary. I will probably wait until I get the grenade launcher to take on rosies and bouncers aren't that bad if you use a shotgun. All you have to do is matador thier bull rush and shotgun it as it passes. Unload all of your AP at range first.

Don Manolo
12-05-2007, 07:35 PM
Yea I was thinking of just visiting a couple weapon upgrade stations to upgrade that shotgun damage first and some other stuff. Thanks for the help, after I finish that kane & lynch I'm gonna try and unlock that achievement

Hakuro_Sanzo
12-06-2007, 11:36 AM
Hey guys..
So, is there really a 51:st achievement where I have to beat the game all over again? :S

Because, a few days ago I checked, and there was this Secret one "hanging out" with the rest.. But now I can't seem to find it in my achievement list anymore.

So did they decide to get rid of it, or is it still there? Because it only says that I have 47 out of 50 achievements, and you guys are still discussing what it might be. :/

Ared Mosinel
12-06-2007, 03:02 PM
Hey guys..
So, is there really a 51:st achievement where I have to beat the game all over again? :S

Because, a few days ago I checked, and there was this Secret one "hanging out" with the rest.. But now I can't seem to find it in my achievement list anymore.

So did they decide to get rid of it, or is it still there? Because it only says that I have 47 out of 50 achievements, and you guys are still discussing what it might be. :/

People have already gotten this achievement.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=47578

Hakuro_Sanzo
12-06-2007, 04:27 PM
People have already gotten this achievement.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=47578 Well, that answered my question..
Any idea why it's not on my achievements list?

JimboDangerous
12-07-2007, 12:05 PM
anyone know if you have to get the new tonics to get the tonic collector achievement?

Andrew x360a
12-07-2007, 12:54 PM
I can't put my hand on the exact thread right now, but I have seen at least one person claiming that the new tonics are not needed to get the tonic collector achievement. I'm going to try it myself early next week, so we'll see.

ReD S1X
12-07-2007, 02:14 PM
this is just weird, how come i check on others that they had 51 whereas i only had 50 on the achievement list and i just finished the game without using the vita-chambers and using saves instead, yet no achievement. How come?

the one i'm aftering was the "Brass Ball" Achievement, oh and mines a NTSC J.

OPPNYC1
12-08-2007, 04:33 AM
People say If you don't kill Cohen you get an achievement later in the game? I saved it before I killed him, got the Irony achievement, loaded it back, and didn't kill him. Something about his apartment? Where is it located? I know its not the place upstairs in the fleet hall with the flesh eating tonic thing.

Don Manolo
12-08-2007, 02:38 PM
anyone know if you have to get the new tonics to get the tonic collector achievement?

No you don't, I just collected all the tonics after the update and it unlocked without having the new tonics

OPPNYC1
12-08-2007, 10:09 PM
No help guys? I'm up to Olympus Heights. When should I keep my head up?

Takktix
12-08-2007, 11:17 PM
1100 for me:drunk

o0PTIMUS PRIMEo
12-09-2007, 07:11 AM
nice that must have been a bitch

bonkd1nk
12-10-2007, 05:09 AM
Sorry if this is answered already, but I need an answer asap ;)! Where is sander cohens apartment? I let him live in FF and now i disturbed the people playing music/dancing and he says "im coming down" and then I have NO clue where he is or the room! Thanks

EDIT: Never mind I found it (how simple)!

xtremegamer113
12-11-2007, 03:24 AM
for the new one you can abuse saves right?

Nitz13
12-11-2007, 06:42 AM
People say If you don't kill Cohen you get an achievement later in the game? I saved it before I killed him, got the Irony achievement, loaded it back, and didn't kill him. Something about his apartment? Where is it located? I know its not the place upstairs in the fleet hall with the flesh eating tonic thing.

Well Sander Cohen's Apartment contains a Power to the People Machine, so you'll need it for fully upgraded weapons achievement, you'll find his apartment on the first floor of mercury suites I believe (Somebody correct me if I'm wrong) and the Power to the People Machine is located upstairs

Reeves17
12-18-2007, 06:28 PM
will the DLC tonics help me get Tonic Collector im on my 2nd play through and i have harvested all little sisters and im going to be 2 short on my tonics

Ingles
12-19-2007, 07:28 PM
will the DLC tonics help me get Tonic Collector im on my 2nd play through and i have harvested all little sisters and im going to be 2 short on my tonics

Yes, the DLC tonics do count towards you earning your Tonic Collector achievement. Just be sure and buy the "tonics" and not the plasmid, as you really end up not needing it but it is fun to use on some enemies.

Ios Matthew
12-20-2007, 12:51 AM
I dont know if this is true so dont get maad at me if im wron but ive heard that you can play on hard mode die and the just reload from the last check point and you can still get the achievement.:confused:

Shinobi273
12-20-2007, 12:54 AM
I dont know if this is true so dont get maad at me if im wron but ive heard that you can play on hard mode die and the just reload from the last check point and you can still get the achievement.:confused:

I think everyone has heard this by now. You're the 20th+ person to say this including the person that first submited the achievement pic and confirmed the achievement.

rashkrazy
12-31-2007, 09:06 PM
i am trying to find the remedys right now and the arrow is poiting to the elevator but i cant go inside it help please

TurMoiL911
01-11-2008, 12:11 AM
I'm not exactly sure whether this is a glitch or not, but I was cheated out of an achievement.

I managed to get all the achievements for researching enemies, (Big Daddies, Splicers, Little Sisters) but I never unlocked the Research PhD achievement. Do I need to unlock anything else ?

Shinobi273
01-11-2008, 12:14 AM
I'm not exactly sure whether this is a glitch or not, but I was cheated out of an achievement.

I managed to get all the achievements for researching enemies, (Big Daddies, Splicers, Little Sisters) but I never unlocked the Research PhD achievement. Do I need to unlock anything else ?

Did you research everything that the guide told you to?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=35808

DarkPyroGuy_09
01-12-2008, 04:07 AM
In the game does the Become A Big Daddy achievement come through just playing the game or do you have to go "looking for it". Any help would be nice.:confused:

And to TurMoiL911 did you research the turrets and security cameras.

pathogen
01-12-2008, 07:01 AM
In the game does the Become A Big Daddy achievement come through just playing the game or do you have to go "looking for it".

just play through the game.

burnoutbabe
01-12-2008, 02:55 PM
have finished the game (using this ace site) apart from the avid inventor (and the 2 play on hard ones)

i am now wandering around waiting for enemies to respawn so i can kill them and collect bits of equipment. (i have the tonics for scrounger and the 2 invent ones installed and always hack the machine before inventing)

I tried going to the bee place but that doesn't respawn enemies that quickly.

Any ideas of where respawns enemies and Big daddys the quickest?

(i also don't know how much i have invented which is frustrating, seems like alot anyway)

TurMoiL911
01-13-2008, 09:53 PM
And to TurMoiL911 did you research the turrets and security cameras.

Yeah, I got everything.

DisturbedDan
01-25-2008, 03:16 AM
so.... do i need to download that free tonic pack to be able to get the new achievement?

Quiet Killda 102
02-05-2008, 03:31 AM
Some one answer this soon please:

Its kind of a stupid question, but im gana ask it any ways: Do i have to buy all of the new tonics that came with the new download to get the tatonic achievement?

Quiet Killda 102
02-05-2008, 02:11 PM
Some 1 answer please!!

Andrew x360a
02-05-2008, 03:25 PM
Patience Grasshopper! Actually, you don't need all the original tonics for the achievement in the first place. You just need 53. I got the achievement with a few to spare, so no, you don't need the new tonics.

Quiet Killda 102
02-05-2008, 11:19 PM
Ok cool thanks. I was unpatiencent becuase i need 2 know right away

killerharu45
02-18-2008, 07:23 AM
so.... do i need to download that free tonic pack to be able to get the new achievement?

Its not required. But it will help to make sure you don't die and use a vita chamber by accident. But its free so it doesn't matter

richie0331
02-19-2008, 02:51 PM
i have a very stupid question...I got the original 1000/1000 a long time before the update came out. Since then I upgraded to an elite 360 and I don't have my old saved game on this new 360. Just wondering if I went out and rented this game again if I could start off on hard difficulty to go after the brass balls achievement? or will I have to beat an easier difficulty first just to unlock the hard difficulty? i forgot, thx a lot

battle cry714
03-09-2008, 09:35 PM
do you absolutely have to have the option "turn off vita chambers" on to get brass balls? because i dont have it so i might go for the ach with the vita chamber option.

DreadfulCorpse
03-10-2008, 07:12 AM
Can you go back to the Welcome To Rapture level after you get the Big Daddy Suit?

Munsie
03-10-2008, 12:36 PM
I don't think you can ever go back to 'Welcome to Rapture', I read that in the audio diary guide. You have to get the two in there before proceeding through the game because you can never go back.

laundryman
03-10-2008, 06:13 PM
You can never go back to "Welcome to Rapture".

orp08
03-10-2008, 10:40 PM
do you absolutely have to have the option "turn off vita chambers" on to get brass balls? because i dont have it so i might go for the ach with the vita chamber option.
No, if you already have the achievement on the list you can earn it, i won it without turning vita chambers off, in fact i dont think i found the damn option, i dont know if you havent seen my other posts or you dont trust me, if its the second, i hope someone confirms what i say, but that shouldnt be needed, if you have the update and the dlc, there should be no problem.

A PoopSandwich
03-18-2008, 07:17 AM
This game is PERFECT in every way - that includes length.

Namaste
03-21-2008, 04:54 AM
I just started to play this game. How exactly do you hack a vending machine and safe?

orp08
03-21-2008, 07:06 PM
I just started to play this game. How exactly do you hack a vending machine and safe?
Well you press the X button... then you have to make a "puzzle" where you make a path... it would be better if you do it yourself i cant really explain it properly... the health stations are the easiest to hack, the safes are the hardest.

KSI F1GHT3R
03-21-2008, 10:02 PM
Ya, I don't even hack stuff that has the hack meter in the red.If I have an auto hack,I'll use it but I don't get them very often.

Namaste
03-21-2008, 10:04 PM
Can you get any achievements using the Gene Bank?

FATTYCANTJUMP
03-22-2008, 07:35 PM
I got a quick question.

I have already beaten this game on normal, and gotten 600 points from it. But im going for the brass balls, and i just started a new game, but i look through the options in the start menu and there is no 'disable vita-chambers'. I dont want to take the chance and go through the game to see if it will pop up soon, so can someone help please?

Namaste
03-22-2008, 11:03 PM
What chapter does the first U-Invent station pop up at?

orp08
03-23-2008, 06:44 PM
I got a quick question.

I have already beaten this game on normal, and gotten 600 points from it. But im going for the brass balls, and i just started a new game, but i look through the options in the start menu and there is no 'disable vita-chambers'. I dont want to take the chance and go through the game to see if it will pop up soon, so can someone help please?
Ok first of all you need to download the dlc (if you havent) with the new tonics and stuff (the dlc is free), then make sure you have the update... if you still dont find the disable dont worry, you dont need that option to do it, you just need to be really careful on reload when you die, i got it this way, i didnt disable the vita-chamber. Just keep saving over and over after a BD and important points (or every 5min :p) and you will get it.

dda24
03-23-2008, 09:16 PM
Quick question... I heard someone say in a previous post that you can change the setting to hard towards the end to get the two achievements for this... can anyone conferm that this works.. I borrowed this game and don't have time to play it through again before I give it back..... Thanks for the help....

FATTYCANTJUMP
03-23-2008, 10:03 PM
Ok first of all you need to download the dlc (if you havent) with the new tonics and stuff (the dlc is free), then make sure you have the update... if you still dont find the disable dont worry, you dont need that option to do it, you just need to be really careful on reload when you die, i got it this way, i didnt disable the vita-chamber. Just keep saving over and over after a BD and important points (or every 5min :p) and you will get it.
Alright. I re-downloaded the DLC and its there so i think im good. Already almost halfway done :). I cant wait to have this achievement.

DirtyD187U
03-24-2008, 12:16 AM
That new ach looks pretty dam hard!

Worm99
05-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Ok I have a dumb question but im going to ask anyway because I was unable to find a clear answer. When you complete the game on easy are you able to keep all of your plasmids,tonics,wepons...ect if you go through and replay the game on easy or hard again?

Shinobi273
05-06-2008, 08:17 PM
Ok I have a dumb question but im going to ask anyway because I was unable to find a clear answer. When you complete the game on easy are you able to keep all of your plasmids,tonics,wepons...ect if you go through and replay the game on easy or hard again?

No, nothing carries over between games. Every game starts the exact same way.

Worm99
05-06-2008, 10:38 PM
No, nothing carries over between games. Every game starts the exact same way.
well boo that sucks :( but thank you

COGDawg9128
10-14-2008, 05:15 PM
great game, fun achievements

but, the only achievement I found annoying was the "Historian" achievement, I didnt realize that you have to get all them diaries in one play through, rather tough and time consuming, but definetley worth the 50 points

YEA! I have been BioShockeD!

COGDawg9128
10-16-2008, 03:01 PM
Oh yea, great game and all.

But, I must say that, after having played the game about 6 times thru, (2 times on Easy, 2 times on Normal and 2 times on Hard), I found that the game can be completed without the help of of Eve and Health upgrades.

On my final playthru on Hard, I only upgraded my Health bar maybe twice, and I got to Fontaine and whooped his ass just fine without max health upgrades. Avoiding the Big Daddies makes the game a helluva lot easier too! :)

WOULD YOU KINDLY?

Deathlorddanny
10-18-2008, 10:34 PM
Ok, i have most of the achievements except for historian avid inventor and research phd for some reason. I loaded it back to ryans office where i missed that one. Now that im dont with the other achievements can i change it to easy and will it still give me the historian achievement?

Blyckert
10-27-2008, 10:35 PM
I just gotta' say that I think that this is the absolute best game for the Xbox360 ever. The achievements are perfect, the only one I have left is Brass Balls and I don't feel like doing that one, they're not to easy, not to hard and not to boring. Many of the achievements come naturally while you play the story, and almost everyone of the other, though they take the entire game to get, are easy, for example the Historian achievement. And on the other hand is the game itself, with the story and everything, perfect. I've tried to play this on the PC before but then i found it to massive to enjoy. Once I got it for the 360, sat down and started playing it I realized that it's really fun. I just have to say to everyone that haven't played this game that they do. Or else you're going to miss something.

Megazerosaber
11-28-2008, 08:40 PM
I just gotta' say that I think that this is the absolute best game for the Xbox360 ever. The achievements are perfect, the only one I have left is Brass Balls and I don't feel like doing that one, they're not to easy, not to hard and not to boring. Many of the achievements come naturally while you play the story, and almost everyone of the other, though they take the entire game to get, are easy, for example the Historian achievement. And on the other hand is the game itself, with the story and everything, perfect. I've tried to play this on the PC before but then i found it to massive to enjoy. Once I got it for the 360, sat down and started playing it I realized that it's really fun. I just have to say to everyone that haven't played this game that they do. Or else you're going to miss something.
I have to disagree with you. This is one of the best games but far from the being the best. This game is essentially Oblivion with guns. You've got to love how they added in a crossbow in this and didn't add one in Oblivion. That being said, this game has one of the best achievements made for it and greatly help the replay value.

BurninK
11-29-2008, 02:37 PM
does the game tell you what audio diaries you collected like gears 2 or do you just have to guess like gears 1

orp08
11-29-2008, 09:06 PM
does the game tell you what audio diaries you collected like gears 2 or do you just have to guess like gears 1
Yes, press start (in game) somewhere in that menu it tells you every audio diary you have and you can also hear them again if you want.

Thunder cg
12-04-2008, 09:33 PM
Does any1 know where to get a german copy of the game from,did get hold of 1 but turned out not to be the real thing any ideas?

eazybrowniemix
01-27-2009, 02:47 AM
So yeah i just bought bioshock,looked up the achievements online,and made my goals to get "brass balls" "seriously good at this" and a couple of others.

Well that was about 4 days ago. Today I finally beat the game on the first try on HARD without using any vitachambers(If I had died or was about to die I would either return to the dashboard or go and load back up my last save)

beat atlas get the "defeated atlas" achievement.......2 achievemnts for 140g!
"Oh I wonder what those were"

"seriously good at this" and "little sister savior" and "WHAT?!" no brass balls achievement?! WTF WHAT THE FLYING DUCK DID I DO WRONG?!

ascalon11
02-04-2009, 04:27 AM
are you guys talking about bioshock 1 or 2

ascalon11
02-04-2009, 04:31 AM
I was pissed off when i beat the game on hard and didn't get the "Seriously good at this" achievement. I have every achievement except for brass balls and seriousy good at this.

The

eazybrowniemix
02-04-2009, 06:33 PM
are you guys talking about bioshock 1 or 2

we're talking about 2 :P

MidgetInABikini
07-13-2009, 04:01 PM
cant wait to pick up this game, never really got interested in it until now, lets see how it goes

TwinTipZ
08-18-2009, 05:42 PM
Currently replaying Bioshock to get tonic collector and historian. I'm playing it on easy so i can rip through it. But its taking forever... I have been playing about 1 and a half hours and i am just now finishing the Medical Pavilion (Just need to take out that big daddy). Was it slow like this for everyone else?

Darkoni
08-19-2009, 07:03 PM
Currently replaying Bioshock to get tonic collector and historian. I'm playing it on easy so i can rip through it. But its taking forever... I have been playing about 1 and a half hours and i am just now finishing the Medical Pavilion (Just need to take out that big daddy). Was it slow like this for everyone else?

Yeah it was pretty slow for me too. Looking for those diaries really made it take forever. So don't worry, it's expected.

CyberPunch83
08-28-2009, 10:35 PM
Since I wasn't in the mood to play through BioShock 3 times, I combined my Historian, Seriously Good at This, and Brass Balls altogether into one playthrough. It worked well, until halfway through Hephaestus, when the Vita-Chambers miraculously started to work again. I checked the options, and the option to disable Vita-Chambers was gone altogether. I thought nothing of it, continued without using them, and no achievement, even when they disabled themselves for the final battle with Fontaine. Anyone else have this problem?

aussiegamer
10-19-2009, 11:18 AM

It took me about 50 minutes to pass Medical Pavilion collecting everything. I'm going to take this game slow and do 1 level in each sitting (1-2 sittings per week, or whenever I feel like it) use walkthroughs and guides as much as possible. Read into where exactly where to find every Diary don't just look at a map. Directions are a great help!

dragonpwnr99
07-31-2010, 11:11 PM
hey what is a good method for getting avid inventor? i am planning on playing through on easy with vita chambers off so i can try that brass balls glitch thing. i want to get my last for ach's this playthrough,
avid inventor
historian
seriously good at this
brass balls
thanks for any help!

dragonpwnr99
07-31-2010, 11:15 PM
So yeah i just bought bioshock,looked up the achievements online,and made my goals to get "brass balls" "seriously good at this" and a couple of others.

Well that was about 4 days ago. Today I finally beat the game on the first try on HARD without using any vitachambers(If I had died or was about to die I would either return to the dashboard or go and load back up my last save)

beat atlas get the "defeated atlas" achievement.......2 achievemnts for 140g!
"Oh I wonder what those were"

"seriously good at this" and "little sister savior" and "WHAT?!" no brass balls achievement?! WTF WHAT THE FLYING DUCK DID I DO WRONG?!
do you have the free DLC downloaded?

SuperstarDJ
12-21-2010, 05:52 PM
it really bummed me out that in Bioshock 2 we didn't had to find every single recording to get the achievement. They could have done the same on the first game since I've only missed like 2 of them on the original Bioshock and really don't think I'll be able to play it all over again just for that...

Kinifee
12-24-2010, 07:21 PM
I actually kind of like it

ozborg21
07-09-2011, 11:53 AM
Need online players, add me ozborg21

zzamaro
07-18-2011, 06:14 PM
Need online players, add me ozborg21

There's no online mode.

BuckitBong
12-21-2011, 06:39 PM
These are the most random achievements.

Tha Reaper Guy
01-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Quick question as im quite confused about this and have looked around for a while, is the xbox 360 achievement list and the PC version list different for Bioshock? Like the Fallout 3 version, where they have two different lists?

Or, I may be wrong and the PC version doesn't have achievements but I've been told they have?

Any help on this guys?

Thanks,

TRG.

Rums
07-31-2012, 11:42 PM
Well, I just finished this game today and I guess I left out a video diary because the achievement didn't unlock, and it's the last one I need. Lol, I am pretty upset with myself right now. :(

Edit: I missed 2. One was in a trunk, and the other was in plain sight at a bar.

Chriss234
02-01-2013, 12:37 AM
First game I ever got 100% on.