PDA

View Full Version : NFS most wanted or Burnout are way better then Blur

tarekegypt
06-27-2010, 04:57 PM
Very disappointed with Blur, Surprised that Game spot gave it an 8 in review, What is new in this game? Nothing! game play is lame..

Story is Bullshit not even a well connected story, a poor rip off of the Old most NFS wanted, with no real value.

Tracks are so little and even game excitement and game play is nothing compared to BURNOUT Paradise... I feel ripped off!

No need to mention how silly online is.. dah

crazy W01f 816
06-27-2010, 05:24 PM
First of all, what game these days is completely original. None. The story in Blur is like the story in every racing game, terrible at best. The story isn't what you buy a racing game for. I don't know why you expected this game to be like Burnout Paradise, this game is more like Mario Kart with actual cars. I don't even know why the online is "silly".......so.

TITAN Z4
06-27-2010, 05:50 PM
Very disappointed with Blur, Surprised that Game spot gave it an 8 in review, What is new in this game? Nothing! game play is lame..

Story is Bullshit not even a well connected story, a poor rip off of the Old most NFS wanted, with no real value.

Tracks are so little and even game excitement and game play is nothing compared to BURNOUT Paradise... I feel ripped off!

No need to mention how silly online is.. dah

crazy wolf is right-- almost no game is truly original anymore and this game is alot like mario kart (look at the commercial for it- they poke fun at mario kart) and its a racing game... they have no story lines (and if they do it as complex as the mario story line) and this game isnt half bad altho burnout paradise is amazing and the recent NFS games are getting old to me... as for the online play i have not played it yet but ive read allot about its problems and all i have to say is that the game is new, maybe a patch will come out

red mist 85
06-27-2010, 06:14 PM
You really can't expect a racing game to have a story. As for the comparisons to Burnout, it's a completely different game. Split/second has far more in common with burnout than this. Blur is more like Wipeout with cars.

I can't complain about the multiplayer either. Yes, there's the odd glitch, but to me it's one of the best multiplayer experiences I've had in a long time. This game may not be original as such, but it's still different. No game has merged real life cars with power-ups before.

TITAN Z4
06-27-2010, 06:16 PM
No game has merged real life cars with power-ups before.

yeah i know and i LOVE this

tarekegypt
06-27-2010, 06:16 PM
First of all, what game these days is completely original. None. The story in Blur is like the story in every racing game, terrible at best. The story isn't what you buy a racing game for. I don't know why you expected this game to be like Burnout Paradise, this game is more like Mario Kart with actual cars. I don't even know why the online is "silly".......so.

I thought the Mario Kart Concept was to show that the game is NOT Mario Kart! Its better, more serious the way you are saying it, its like BLUR is a Mario Kart game, with some fancy graphics....

BLUR Tracks are boring, to say the least even compared to Mario Kart

JerrySmurf
06-28-2010, 08:26 PM
I must admit Burnout Paradise's story was awesome.

A coming of age tale about an indestructible young invisible mans journey to achieve various drivers license's. His only companion a DJ he listens to on the radio. He is hounded by other invisible men in black cars, and races against other burnout residents on a similar journey. Occasionally for fun he tries to set new race times on roads or pull awesome tricks and jump.

The real challenge that faces that young man is what to do when their are no more barriers to crash through, no more jumps to jump and no more licenses to obtain. The choice, of course, is to sit on the beach and wait for the dawn!

Blur is fun, I think I like burnout more, however the online in this game is whacky. Which as long as you are not a skills for wins gamer and understand the law of randomness is a great online experience.

NawtyCawty
06-29-2010, 07:28 PM
I love Burnout Paradise but Blur isnt that bad. The single player is a bit lame but who is really bothered, its the online that matters in games like this. And who the hell wants a story in a racing game? Its just a shame that the multiplayer is broken and fuckin disconnects all the time, otherwise it would be awesome.

Barad
06-29-2010, 10:10 PM
This game brilliant alone, I wouldn't really compare it with a NFS or Burnout game.

tarekegypt
06-30-2010, 11:16 AM
I must admit Burnout Paradise's story was awesome.

A coming of age tale about an indestructible young invisible mans journey to achieve various drivers license's. His only companion a DJ he listens to on the radio. He is hounded by other invisible men in black cars, and races against other burnout residents on a similar journey. Occasionally for fun he tries to set new race times on roads or pull awesome tricks and jump.

The real challenge that faces that young man is what to do when their are no more barriers to crash through, no more jumps to jump and no more licenses to obtain. The choice, of course, is to sit on the beach and wait for the dawn!

Blur is fun, I think I like burnout more, however the online in this game is whacky. Which as long as you are not a skills for wins gamer and understand the law of randomness is a great online experience.

Well, I was referring to the NFS Most Wanted /carbon story, and to the Burnout Game play, not to mention Midnight club!. The story in NFS series was reasonably nice.

My point is this: If you come to the market with a new racing game I am expecting a "good" game developer/publisher to take old games as a benchmark, I think Blur failed to meet that benchmark in both storyline and innovative gameplay.

And If the "story" is not important to Racing games why try to include such a lame, compelety un-connected story? Just make it like the PGR4 series. I think putting in such zero value story is an insult to the gamers intelligence!

The formula, is like, racing gamers are idiots just give them anything and call it a story! so some "Boss Illustrations" and female Voice over, the funniest thing ever in "Blur" was the "previously on Blur" part, when you start the game! They are so desperate to convince you that there is a story!