PDA

View Full Version : 360 the new ipod

snafegeeza
03-15-2006, 06:22 AM
I read an article today about a new media service microsoft is going to be offering from november. The marketplace will become THE place to download your music, games and even movies. Like the itunes store, you will be able to purchase songs for around 75 pence, but you'll also have access to a film store for streaming movies for around £2.50.

Could be another potential money spinner for the MR MONEY MEN at microsoft considering the success of the marketplace so far.

What do you guys think?

scoobydiesel
03-15-2006, 07:06 AM
iv been hearing of stuff like this for along time now i plan to buy an Ipod video soon so i kinda hope its real and cheap...i know SOny plans to do the same thing so i dont see why microsoft wont do it as well

Minty
03-15-2006, 07:30 AM
in OXM one of the main MS dudes was saying that they hope to have new games for downloading within 5 years to remove disks

graf1k
03-15-2006, 02:14 PM
Call me crazy, but I like the idea of discs. First of all, the 360s hard drive is too small for more than probably 2-3 current generation games. Second, I know enough about hard drives to know they aren't nearly reliable enough for me to want something that costs $60+ on it with no backup. And third, I don't really trust large companies when it comes to stuff like that. What if it ends up like XBLA games that you redownload where you have to be online to play so they can 'authenticate' your copy of the game. Plus, it's so much easier to take a CD over to friends place than a hard drive. As long as the CD is in it's case it's okay unless you run over it or something. A hard drive on the otherhand dropped from about 5 feet is toast no matter what.

But as for downloading music and movies over the marketplace, that seems like an okay idea to me. I'll probably never make use of it unless the movies are in 720p, but a nice idea nonetheless.

P1NSEEKER
03-15-2006, 02:39 PM
Call me crazy, but I like the idea of discs. First of all, the 360s hard drive is too small for more than probably 2-3 current generation games. Second, I know enough about hard drives to know they aren't nearly reliable enough for me to want something that costs $60+ on it with no backup. And third, I don't really trust large companies when it comes to stuff like that. What if it ends up like XBLA games that you redownload where you have to be online to play so they can 'authenticate' your copy of the game. Plus, it's so much easier to take a CD over to friends place than a hard drive. As long as the CD is in it's case it's okay unless you run over it or something. A hard drive on the otherhand dropped from about 5 feet is toast no matter what.

But as for downloading music and movies over the marketplace, that seems like an okay idea to me. I'll probably never make use of it unless the movies are in 720p, but a nice idea nonetheless.

I agree i think downloading games would be good as an option but not the rule i quite like having a stack of games under my tv. Plus you can trade disks in if you dont like/play on it anymore i dont think you can do that with downloaded media. Plus if like me it took almost 2 hrs! to download the demo of the outfit and that was only 500mb!! how long is 9gb gonna take?

We are all to familiar with the problems the 360 has been having and ppl having to send there 360's back to microsoft and in some cases losing there saves in the process, now losing a save is annoying but losing a £50 game? Microsoft needs to sort out some issues before it can consider this as an option. And lets not forget not everyone has xbl

cotteneyekeith
03-15-2006, 11:48 PM
Well i think its cool if they do put up tunes and vids to download
but then again how many ppl pay for music and vids these days
with kazza.limewire and so you can get them free so why will ppl buy into this

only good thing is that xbox360 becomes a all in one Entertainment center

thieflordgamer
03-19-2006, 09:53 AM
i wouldnt download games. XBLA is a great idea, cuz im not buying arcade cabinets and games of gauntlet and the like ny time soon. but for other stuff (cds, games, books, etc.) i have to actually own the thing. i dont borrow books from the library, if i want them i buy them. and i seldom rent good games, almost never. i dunno, i just like owning the actual thing. nyway, i wouldnt like just downloading the software, and im sure that could eventually lead to the stealing of downloaded games. maybe not, i dont no.

one problem if microsofts tryin to compete with apple is that the 360 isnt portable, even tho u may be able to download the music to a portable device. but i think its a good idea.

downloading movies.... only ones that i cant get for cheaper at my local blockbuster or gamestop. and only if theyre good, of course.

knowingspy
01-23-2009, 10:40 PM
thanks for heads up dude ,sounds good

Minty
01-23-2009, 10:46 PM
thanks for heads up dude ,sounds good

A heads up...two years ago.

Dont drag up old threads.