PDA

View Full Version : Spider-Man Finalists Have Finished Screen Tests

B1GM13
06-28-2010, 07:32 AM
Sony is close to finding new Spider-Man. Many of the reportedly eight finalists considered for the role have screen tested.
Deadline is reporting that Sony's Columbia Pictures is close to casting Peter Parker. Friday, studio decision-makers viewed the screen tests of most of the young actors that are supposedly in contention to play your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. The Marc Webb directed reboot is scheduled to hit the big screen in July of 2012

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/statusicon/wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 864x654 and weights 101KB.http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/14274/shortlist.jpg

Of the eight actors, six screen tested and they are:

Jamie Bell (King Kong, Jumper)

Anton Yelchin (Star Trek)

Aaron Johnson (Kick-Ass)

Andrew Garfield (The Social Network),

Logan Lerman (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief)

Alden Ehrenreich (Tetro)

It is not known if Frank Dillane (Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince) and Michael Angerano (Lords of Dogtown) have screen tested. Supposedly Dillane is going to Londonís Royal Academy of Dramatic Art and chose not to test.

The studio wants to get their choice nailed down soon so supporting actors can begin to be cast as well. Production will begin before the year ends. The script by Jamie Vanderbilt is still being worked on, and (500) Days of Summer director Marc Webb is gearing up for a 3D shoot.

Other actors, namely Josh Hutcherson, have been on other lists. Deadline did not comment on his status whatsoever.

source - Comicbookmovie.com

SynysterChris
06-28-2010, 08:32 AM
Most of the choices are not that great. Though the youngest actors are going to be better choices, except the Tom Riddle kid.

rvlution
06-28-2010, 04:52 PM
Meh. Tobey Maguire was fine.

Lord Yamikage
06-28-2010, 07:43 PM
Meh. Tobey Maguire was fine.

He was okay, except during the emotional scene. He suck pure.... speechless. Cannot watch him doing emotional scene.

Louis BCFC1875
06-28-2010, 07:46 PM
Give it to Yelchin, i've seen more of his films.

rvlution
06-28-2010, 08:39 PM
He was okay, except during the emotional scene. He suck pure.... speechless. Cannot watch him doing emotional scene.

Just remembered the emo dance scene:

YouTube- Spider-Man 3 - The Cool Peter Parker

Abomination...

TVthePunisher
06-28-2010, 10:23 PM
Wait just a minute...I thought Jake Gyllanhall (or however you spell it) was slated to be Spiderman. If anything, he's got the closest look to Spider-Man and is fit enough to run the role out fairly well. Whatever happened to that? =/ just a damn rumor I guess...

withoutlove124
06-28-2010, 10:34 PM
Just remembered the emo dance scene:

YouTube- Spider-Man 3 - The Cool Peter Parker (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLqsdPUfnno)

Abomination...

I LIKED that scene. It was clearly a nerdy guy TRYING to look good. The pitifullness you are feeling is intentional.

and what do you mean by emo dance?

X monkfish69 X
06-29-2010, 07:16 AM
I LIKED that scene. It was clearly a nerdy guy TRYING to look good. The pitifullness you are feeling is intentional.

and what do you mean by emo dance?

I think by 'emo' the poster was reffering to the fact that his hair and clothes look like something that an 'emo' would wear. ie, Black.

But make sure your not confusing 'emo' with Elmo (the little red guy from Sesame Street. :p

SynysterChris
06-29-2010, 12:04 PM
The dance scene was the best part of that whole movie!!

I saw give it to Logan Lerman if any of them. Or the kid from kick-ass or lords of dog town. Though I'm not sure about anyone of them. I just say an unknown.

jtr1gg3r
06-29-2010, 06:04 PM
jamie bell will get this........ no doubt =P

lizard9979
06-29-2010, 06:14 PM
I liked Tobey in the others. The dance scene was not his fault. It is not like he said... I am going to dance in this scene, here is my iPod... play this musci."

Tobey did a great job... they made hundreds if millions with him. Why not stick with it?

Snowman
06-29-2010, 07:07 PM
I'd say Aaron Johnson, he looks like one of the lesser "emotional" out of all of them haha, and he does look sort of like the 1990's cartoon Peter Parker.